main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shadows (post-AOTC) in collaboration with Jedi Princess Solo *****New Post, AUGUST 8th!*****

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kathryn, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    Great post ladies! :D Wow, the Jedi are in trouble now, eh? [face_devil]

2. Sword-of_the-Jedi

Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Fantastic work, ladies! :eek: :D Wowee, this is a good one! I am so glad I found it! :D I cannot wait to see where you take this next!

3. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks JJSF :D

Hiya, Sword, you just keep popping up everywhere, don't you? :p ;) Glad top have you aboard!

~JPS~

4. JediPrincess83

JediPrincess83 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    Oh, an update! :D And a lovely one at that! I cannot wait for more, girls, this story is fantastic! :D

5. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    That post was brilliantly written yet again. Y'all never cease to surprise me :)

6. Vaders_Granddaughter

Vaders_Granddaughter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    This needs an UP, ladies ;)

7. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
  8. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Wonderful! :D I do so love seeing the Jedi preparing for the inevitable [face_devil] Yoda and Mace have just the right amount of despair and hopelessness to make it believeable that they really do understand what it coming, and the part where Obi felt a glimmer of the future... ingenious! :D

9. Halcyon03

Halcyon03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    Here's an up for you both!

:D

More coming soon? Please?

10. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    (((Force push)))

11. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    Here's an UP to keep this floating ;)

How's the vacation going, JPS? Hope you are having a blast! :D

12. JediPrincess83

Jan 30, 2003
    I just talked to JPS and she said that the post is almost done! She will be posting it tomorrow, once she gets settled in Venice for the week :D

13. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    I did say that, didn't I? [face_blush] Sorry about the delay, I got all caught up in my vacation and didn't find much time for writing. I have the post almost completed, though, so it will go up tomorrow for sure ;)

See you guys soon! :D

~JPS~

14. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Here it is, at last, just as promised :D Hope you all enjoy it! :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They should have seen it coming.

That was the one coherent thought that kept pushing itself to the surface of his jumbled mind as he stumbled through the smoke-filled corridors. They should have seen it coming, should have felt it in the Force, should have at least gotten some sort of warning of danger.

But they hadn't.

And it would cost them everything.

He rounded the corner and found a group of Padawans who were straggling behind the main group, frightened and lost. "This way," he ordered, without wasting time to console them. There was no time for that now, the only thing he could do for them was to try and get them out alive.

"Master Windu," one of them whimpered, a small Twi'lek female. He looked down and cursed to himself, realizing her ankle was twisted.

"Go," he snapped at the others, and after a moment's hesitation, they started running down the hall. Bending over, he scooped the girl up into his arms, then took off after them, his heart pounding in his chest as the sounds of metal screeching against metal filled his ears.

Through the Force, everything was a frenzied web of panic and fear, and it was making it hard to concentrate, but he didn't dare close himself off from it. If he did that, he would lead the children right into the rancor's den.

How did it come to this? he asked himself as he led them through the smoky hallways. It had started out as a peaceful day, although there was a definite air of unease about the Jedi Temple, but that wasn't unusual as of late. There had been a growing sense of discord in the Force, and the Jedi were powerless to stop it.

When he had had gone into his daily meditation, he had thought that today would be just like any other day.

But he had been horribly wrong.

He'd been jolted out of his meditation by a sudden, sharp stab of terror that had quickly given way to hysteria as the unbridled emotions of the Jedi residing in the Temple washed over him all at once. The tumbling mess of fear had left him reeling, disoriented, and he'd stumbled out of the room in a daze only to find that Jedi were running in every direction, frantically rushing to escape from some unseen threat.

And then, out the transparisteel, he'd noticed the smoke.

Thick, billowing black columns of smoke were rising up from three of the other four towering spires crowning the ziggurat base that made up the Jedi complex.

The Jedi Temple was burning.

And through the Force came Master Yoda's continuous and defeated order calling for a retreat. Jedi were racing towards the hangar bay, towards the emergency shuttles that the Council had begun to install after Palpatine's ascension, but Mace knew there would never be enough shuttles to ferry them all away from Coruscant.

He hadn't needed to ask what was happening, it was clear that they were under attack, and it was just as clear who it was there were under attack from.

The Sith had finally made their move.

As he rounded the next corner, Mace saw a handful of Jedi who had stopped to lift the young Padawans, two humans and a Mon Calamari female. They looked up as he moved towards them, and together they started down the hall, their feet pounding on the carpet as they raced through the winding corridors.

"What is that?" the Mon Calamari Jedi Knight cried suddenly, pointing at something out the transparisteel. Mace moved over to the blue glass, narrowing his eyes at the dark shape in the distance, and his eyes widened at what he saw.

Stretching across the horizon, black against the setting sun, was a swarm of strange fighters the likes of which he had never seen before. They flashed across the sky, with ball-shaped cockpits and twin hexagonal wings on either side, engines screaming like a herd of dying knaars.

And their sights were clearly locked on the Jedi Temple.

"Sweet Force," someone cried behind him, in horrified awe.

And then the fighters unleashed their laser ca

15. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    Oh... Oh wow... :eek:

That was... AMAZING! WOW! :eek: :D And what a way to go out for Mace! I'm just in shock, I feel like I need a glass of wine after that! :p It was that intense! Excellent work, ladies! Excellent! :D

16. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm stunned. I cant think of anything to say. [face_plain]

That was SO good.

Wow.

17. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    wow oh wow oh wow :eek: :eek: :eek:

That was soooooo good.

Wow. :eek: :eek:

18. jedi-solo-fel

jedi-solo-fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2002
    Oh. My. God. :eek: That was just incredible, JPS! Wow, you totally took my breath away w/ that post- not that I expected an less from you ;) Wow, that was good! :D

19. Vaders_Granddaughter

Vaders_Granddaughter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    For some reason this part just summed up the entire Ep 3 tragedy for me...

The voice was wrong, all wrong. It was harsh and flat and mechanical, nothing like the passionate, vibrant voice of Anakin Skywalker. It was odd, really, that such a thing would bother him now, with the temple crumbling around him and the Jedi Order on the edge of extinction, thanks almost solely to the man standing before him, but it did. It was hard to look at this creature of darkness and believe that the face beneath the mask was that of the handsome, brash young Jedi who was supposed to be their salvation.

Excellent work, girls! I can't wait to see what you throw our way next! :D

20. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    He he, thanks DJ... I think :p Lol, just kidding! Glad you enjoyed it ;)

Aww [face_blush] Thanks arrow, shinar :D

Thanks JediSF! We try :p ;)

He he, I'm kind of fond of that part, too, VG :D

~JPS~

21. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    It's posts like this one that remind me just how awesome of writers you ladies are. Mace's emotions were complex and beautifully written, I especially loved how reaction to Vader. This story is the best Episode 3 fic on the net, IMHO :)

22. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    OMG! That was by far the msot intense post yet! Except for maybe the Obi/Ani duel ;) Wowie, loved that! Mace's reaction to the temple coming under attack was perfect! And I loved the end, where Mace gave his life so that Obi, Padme, Yoda and the others could all escape! What a guy! :D

23. JediPrincess83

Jan 30, 2003
    Wow! That was amazing! :eek:

And then, out the transparisteel, he'd noticed the smoke.

Thick, billowing black columns of smoke were rising up from three of the other four towering spires crowning the ziggurat base that made up the Jedi complex.

The Jedi Temple was burning.

That part really made it sink it that the Purges were in full-swing now. It made it real, both for the Jedi and the readers. Fantastic work!

24. Sword-of_the-Jedi

Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Another fantastic post, girls! You two captured this scene exactly the way I would imagine it being in the movie! Vader attacking, bringing along some stormtroopers and the new TIE fighters as his companions!

SWORD

25. Halcyon03

Halcyon03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    You go girls! :D

This post was awesome. Perfect. A masterpiece.

Of course, emotionally it was horrifying and gut-wrenching, but you can take that as a compliment too. :)

JPS- You put my story to shame. ;) Great job- it was fascinating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.