main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shadows (post-AOTC) in collaboration with Jedi Princess Solo *****New Post, AUGUST 8th!*****

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kathryn, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Breathtaking! Tragic, but breathtaking :) You really captured the grim, heartbreaking reality of the Purges beginning, and I loved how as he was despairing, Mace caught sight of Obi-Wan's shuttle... and drew peace from the knowledge that the Skywalker twins were the future :)

2. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Awww, thanks JSF [face_blush] You flatterer! :p ;)

Thanks JSS, JPrincess :D This was definitely a fun post to write, he he.

He he, I wondered if anyone would catch the new fighters as being TIES, Sword :D

Thank you, Halcyon :D It's good to know that we pulled off this post the way we wanted to :)

Had to give him some ray of hope, right, JJF? ;)

~JPS~

3. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    I think I just saw a piece of Ep 3! :eek: Wow, ladies, that was awesome! Exactly how I picture Mace's final stand to be in the movie! And the attack on the temple was just... genius! I cannot find words for how good this was, it sucked me in like no post has before :p

4. Goddess-of-Trickery

Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    You two never cease to amaze me :)

This was a beautiful, emotional, provocative post. I had tears in my eyes by the end, not just because of Mace's death, but because of the heartbreaking realization that the Jedi Order is on the edge of extinction. I love Anakin, even when he is evil, but it makes you wonder what he was thinking when he was attacking the temple, huh? Did it make him think of the Jedi he'd once called friends? Did he feel any remorse or regret at the loss of everything that he'd once held so dear? He he. Sorry, had to get a little off track there :p Great work, girls! I look forward to more soon ;)

5. Trickster_Goddess

Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Dark and menacing, moving with the crisp, determined stride of a predator stalking its prey, the Sith Lord strode towards him. The black armor seemed to blend in with the shadows, and those lifeless eyes gleamed in the dark, like some sort of demon phantom.

That may possibly be the best description of Vader's armored appearance I have ever read :)

This was a very moving post, it made you cry for Mace and the Jedi, but at the same time you couldn't help feeling bad for Anakin and Padme and the twins... knowing they'll never get to be together :(

6. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    That was a gorgeous post! I loved it! Mace got to go out the way he deserves- fighting, and giving the Sith a headache, he he :D I am so glad he stopped Vader from getting to Kenobi's shuttle! Go Mace!

7. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Talk about back with a bang!
    I've been lurking for a week now, catching up. Let me just say that every single post has been worth waiting for. I am so sorry that I ever thought of giving up on this thread. This story is more than hot. It's double platinum!
    Well done.

8. Calen2kk

Calen2kk Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    Woah, Mace is dead. I wonder how they're going to kill him in the movie. More soon!

9. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    How about an UP? :p ;) I can't wait for the next post, ladies! I have so many theories running through my head of what could happen next, and yet I know you will astound me :D

10. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    (((Force push)))

a very gentle push, only intended to compliment the authors. :)

11. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Just thought I'd let you guys know that Kathryn is working on the next post, and will get it posted as soon as she can ;) I'm just as eager to read it as you guys :p

~JPS~

12. JainaSoloSkywalker

Jul 12, 2002
    That's great news! :D Kathryn, hurry up! I am addicted! Lol ;)

13. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Yes ma'am! *salutes*

he he, well, good news guys! I'm working on the next installment right now, and it's safe to say that in a few days max, we'll have a post :) Sorry for the long long wait, I promise not to do that if it can helped. Thanks for your patience.

14. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Ok guys, here you go! Thanks again for your patience, and I hope you enjoy! :)

Despite herself, Padme smiled into her napkin as Bail's sisters presided cheerfully over the late afternoon meal.

Celly, ever so solicitously, pressed more food onto her plate. "Are you sure you've
    had enough, Padmé?" she asked, giving her a look that somehow reminded Padmé of her own sister Sola.

"Yes, thank you," Padmé assured her. "I'm quite full."

"Remember, if there is anything you need, anything at all, you need only ask,? Celly said seriously.

?It would be hard to forget," Padmé replied.

?I know, I know, I say it too often," Celly chuckled, shrugging her shoulders a little as she sipped her Alderaanian wine.

"Forgive us, dear," Rouge said with a smile. "It's just that it's been quite awhile since we've had an expectant mother among our house."

"Especially one who needs to eat for three," Tia added. "Though you would hardly know there were two of them in there, darling. I wish I could have a figure like that while carrying twins."

"Don't we all," Celly agreed, and all three sisters chuckled, their laughter light and airy, like the ceremonial bells that echoed across the rolling hills of Naboo during the spring solstice.

A twinge of sadness crept into Padmé's heart, a longing to see the lush valleys and the roaring waterfalls of her homeworld again, and knowing that she might very well never get the chance.

Glancing down at her now-filled plate, she sighed. Her digestion had, at last, calmed and her appetite had returned of late. Of course, she probably wouldn't eat at all, if not for the children.

They were the reason behind everything she did nowadays.

They were the reason she kept going.

Oh, Ani, she thought sadly. How I wish that you were here by my side.

Laughter echoed through the dining hall, tidbits of conversation trickling to her ears as she sat in silence. The pleasant sounds of the lively meal around her were gentle to Padmé's ears: silverware scraping softly against the plates was interspersed with soft chatter and the tinkle of glasses tapping together merrily.

Sensing his eyes on her, Padmé looked up at the man seated across from her, his gaze narrowed as he studied her with concern. Pushing aside her sad thoughts, she favored Obi-Wan with a weak smile to reassure him that she was alright.

She wasn't, of course, and she knew that he knew that, but it was a game of sorts that they played with one another. They both pretended that all was well, that they weren't suffering the same shared grief of loss and loneliness, that their hearts weren't broken and breaking still more and more each day as time passed.

Obi-Wan returned the smile, but it was halfhearted and weary, his exhaustion visible despite his efforts to keep it hidden. It was taking a good deal of energy, she knew, to keep both of their presences concealed in the Force, especially with the rising toll of Jedi deaths screaming across the galaxy in his mind.

Because of Anakin, she thought with a touch of bitterness. Though she wasn't able to feel the deaths of the Jedi as Obi-Wan did, she could sense her friend's heartache and inconsolable grief as if it were her own. She could feel the galaxy sliding deeper and deeper into darkness, and yet there was still hope, for her twins, hers and Ani's, were growing brighter in the Force each day.

The last hope of the Jedi, Master Windu had called them. The salvation of the galaxy.

Touching a hand to her stomach, Padmé tried to send as much love as she could to her unborn children, as the Jedi healer Lyndara had been teaching her to do. The healer kept to herself mostly, only emerging from her chambers to check on Padmé from time to time, and she accepted no visitors save Obi-Wan.

Not for the first time, Padmé wondered what the two Jedi talked about when they were together. The fall of their people? The abomination that Palpatine had turned her beloved Anakin into? Their imminent deaths, should the Empire discove

15. JainaSoloSkywalker

Jul 12, 2002
    That was a beautiful post! I loved seeing life on Alderaan, and getting a glimpse of Leia's "aunts" :D He he, Dorme and Bail, huh? It makes sense, good way to keep Vader from looking at Leia and wondering why she looks like Padme ;) If Dorme can pass for Padme, she could certainly pass for Leia's mother :)

16. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    Suppressing a shudder, Padmé forced such morbid thoughts from her mind. It wasn't healthy to dwell on that, not for herself nor the twins. Still, her dreams had been plagued by images of Obi-Wan's death at Anakin's hands for the past week, and she found that she could not banish the image of her husband striking the Jedi Master down from her mind.

Lol, looks like she's getting the hang of those weird Force feelings, eh? Even if she doens't know it yet! :p ;)

If she was honest with herself, sometimes it was painful to look upon Obi-Wan, the man who had, inadvertantly, put her husband into that black prison of armor. Not because she blamed him, she had long since come to terms with what had befallen Anakin on Sigma Vulcanus, but because Obi-Wan reminded her of all that she had lost.

But he was her last living connection to Anakin, save for the twins growing inside her womb. Obi-Wan had been the closest thing Anakin had to a father, the closest thing her children had to a paternal grandfather, and she knew that the Jedi Master's heart ached for the loss of her husband as badly as her own did.

It eased some of her pain to know that there was one person, at least, who grieved for Anakin as fiercely as she did.

That was beautiful! It really captured the sad, bittersweet bond between the two, their shared grief and love for Anakin uniting them together and all. Great work ladies!

17. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Quick reply now, better reply on Monday after I get home ;)

Loved the soon-to-be aunts :)

Oh, Ani, she thought sadly. How I wish that you were here by my side.

:_| :_| :_|

Lyndara is very interesting, wish they had a sage character like that in the movie.

Once again, a very deep, emotional and touching post. Poor Padme!!

18. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    :_|
    That was beautiful.
    The exchange between Padme & Lyndara was so cool.
    I'm hardly a Jedi."
    "For lack of training," Lyndara replied quietly.

Interesting.... [face_mischief]

There were so many things covered, all through Padmes eyes. I really like the way you did that.

Great post! :)
    I'm gonna go read it again.

19. Sword-of_the-Jedi

Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Amazing work ladies! Wow, I love how you just captured the raw emotion poor Padme is suffering through! The post was incedible, but this part just jumped out at me the most

At night while the rest of the palace slept, she would lay awake in her bed, haunted by his face, by the phantom feel of his arms around her and the scars of kisses that she might never receive again.

No one said it, but she knew that Bail and his sisters wondered how she could have ever loved such a monster. They didn't understand, though, they didn't know the boy he once was, nor the brash young man full of passion and dreams or the loving husband who had been willing to sacrifice anything for her happiness...

He would always be vivid in her memory, no matter how much time came to pass. Memories played over and over in her mind in the dark hours of the night, defying her to go on, challenging her to cling to the broken fragments of her life, while all her dreams slipped through her fingers like grains of sand.

I don't like the sand... it's coarse and rough and it gets everywhere... not like here... here, everything is soft... and smooth...

She couldn't breathe.

Update again soon! :D

SWORD

20. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    I do so love how every post you two ladies write is just breathtaking :)

Sensing his eyes on her, Padmé looked up at the man seated across from her, his gaze narrowed as he studied her with concern. Pushing aside her sad thoughts, she favored Obi-Wan with a weak smile to reassure him that she was alright.

She wasn't, of course, and she knew that he knew that, but it was a game of sorts that they played with one another. They both pretended that all was well, that they weren't suffering the same shared grief of loss and loneliness, that their hearts weren't broken and breaking still more and more each day as time passed.

Poor Obi! Poor Padme! :_| Palpy, you piece of Sithspit, why did you have to corrupt our precious Ani? :mad: He he, more soon, please! :D

21. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Beautiful post, as always :) I especially loved Padme's little wishful thinking at the end... I can so picture the Skywalker family growing old together that way! :p Obi and Ani would set a bad example for the twins, lol ;)

22. Trickster_Goddess

Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    That was a wonderful post girls! I love how you got into Padme's head and all! :D Poor Padme, poor Obi, they just miss their li'l Ani :( :p

23. Goddess-of-Trickery

Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    That was a lovely post! I loved seeing Padme's thoughts and reflections, and Leia's aunts were a nice touch! :D

24. Vaders_Granddaughter

Vaders_Granddaughter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Awesome postie ladies! :D Wowie, that was good! I love this story, update again soon!

25. JediPrincess83

JediPrincess83 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    Wonderful post, as always, girls :) I love the way you write Padme, especially when she'd grieving, it's just phenomenal! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.