Shadows (post-AOTC) in collaboration with Jedi Princess Solo *****New Post, AUGUST 8th!*****

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kathryn, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    the galaxy didn't ask her what she wanted, and the Force didn't seem to care.

Great line. :cool:

In them, their father's legacy, the good man that Anakin had once been and always would be in her heart, would never die.

*sniff* :_|

Another great post. Thank you!! :)
  2. leia_naberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Another winner! It's good to see this one up again! :)
  3. jedi-solo-fel Jedi Master

star 2
    Awesome post, ladies! Oh, poor Padme! Poor Luke and Leia, too, being torn apart like that! *sniffles*

Something inside of Padmé had shattered then, at the realization that her children, her twins, who were two halves of one whole, would be torn away from each other.

Her heart had cried out in furious protest, and she'd wanted to curse him, to scream and kick and fight, but her head... her head had known that there was no other way.

I had to pause there and get a tissue before I could finish reading the post! :_| Bravo, you really pulled the heartstrings w/ that one!
  4. Shinar Jedi Master

star 4
    In them, their father's legacy, the good man that Anakin had once been and always would be in her heart, would never die.

:_| Beautiful post! Well worth the wait!
  5. leia_naberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Lovely Padmé/Obi-Wan dynamic. So wonderful and so sad. Poor Padmé. In her own, she?s the tragic hero of Star Wars, destined to live her life for others, to sacrifice so much for other people?s happiness and never have her own; the one time she tries to be selfish and seek her personal contentment, she is punished out of proportion to the crime: she loses everything - her position, her home, her family, her husband and children, and her life.
  6. Shinar Jedi Master

star 4
  7. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
  8. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm... interesting... there's more to this, right? :D
  9. leia_naberrie Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    I am so sorry about the long hiatus, guys! I've had a crazy few months... my computer crashed, my best friend is getting married (they decided to only have a 5 month engagement, so as maid-of-honor I have been at wit's end helping her plan this thing), and I am finally about to start law school now (and so I am thrust right back into the endless cycle of education :p), so it's been very hectic. On the bright side, I have several weeks of downtime before my classes start, and my schedule this fall will be much lighter, so I will be back to regular posts again starting this week :) Expect a new post here sometime in the next few days, definitely by Sunday. Thank you all so much for your patience!

~JPS~
  11. DarthJaina Jedi Master

star 1
    Welcome back, girls :D I look forward to the post ;)
  12. Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you guys for being so patient and bearing with us lately- we've both been busy, so even once we got a post done it took a while to get it edited ;) Hope you all enjoy, expect a new post sometime in the next week or so.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was always dark in his chambers now.

The rooms had been equipped with specially designed lightning so that it would be dim, just a faint pale blue glow cast over the room, enough to see without losing the precious shadows that he clung to.

Most of the time, however, he rarely turned the lights on at all.

There was something he didn't like about the blue hue, it made something inside of him ache with a feeling he couldn't really define.

It had taken him several weeks to realize that it was because that particular shade of blue was the color of his eyes, the color his lightsaber had once been.

Palpatine had a rather sadistic sense of humor.

Eventually, he would have to get around to changing the color filter, perhaps to a cool silver or a deep red, to match his current blade, but for now he was content with the dark.

He had more important things to focus on.

After three days of meditation, of submersing himself deep within the Force and attempting to bend it to his will, he was still no closer to locating his wife than he had been when he first entered the chambers. It wasn't surprising, he knew that Obi-Wan Kenobi was shielding her presence right along with his own, but his former Master's powers were no match for his. In time, he would pierce those shields and the hideous bond that they had once shared, which still lay dormant between them, would betray Obi-Wan by acting as a landing beacon, guiding him to their hiding place.

In time, he would find them both, but he was beginning to lose his patience.

Patience, he thought darkly. What does a Sith Lord need with patience?

Sometimes it was hard to forget lessons learned and wisdom imparted from the Jedi, even as their numbers dwindled close to extinction. Despite himself, he found he respected those who faced him bravely, who fought and died as Jedi should. It had become a game of sorts to try and bring their anger to the surface, to get them to attack him out of hatred and fear rather than in self-defense, but those who were broken did not linger in his thoughts, rather the ones who went peacefully, like Adi Gallia.

The Jedi Master who had been the closest thing to an ally he'd had among the Council, who, despite her reserved nature, had been a gentle advocate for his place in the Order, time and time again. He had served with her during the Clone Wars, and she had never chastised him for his impetuous flying.

He'd found her on Dantooine, and she had been waiting for him.

The fight was quick and there were no words exchanged, but he continued to see it replaying in his dreams as of late. She had been calm, almost serene, as she brought up her blade to cross his, and for the first time since the Purges began, he had felt neither anger, nor fear, nor hatred in even the smallest quantity from the Jedi he had come to murder.

In fact, as his blade cut her down, the only thing he had sensed at all was a sad acceptance, a wisp of regret.

Whether it was hers or his, he did not know, and that was, perhaps, what haunted him the most.

Palpatine was right, there was still weakness in him. He'd felt it that day on Dantooine, just as he'd felt in on Agamar, when he'd allowed Darra Thel-Tanis to escape alive, a secret he continued to keep locked away in the very safest corners of his heart, where Palpatine could not find it.

He didn't know why he had done such a thing, letting a Jedi go was unthinkable, and yet he'd done it.

You are a Jedi, you've only forgotten.

A low, bitter chuckle filled the room, deeper than his laugh once was, just as his voice was no longer as it had once been. Obi-Wan, perhaps, haunted him more than anyone, even his beloved Padmé. Lessons taught and learned would resurface at the most inapp
  13. DarthJaina Jedi Master

star 1
    Wow! :eek:

That was awesome, girls! I loved it- the introspective onto Vader's twisted thoughts, from his view on the Purges to the small part of him that is still Anakin, the part that doesn't just want Padme back, but also feels the instinctive urge to shelter his children and the part of him that is still just a lost boy who wants his 'father' to make everything better :( I can't wait to see what happens when Vader gets to Alderaan!
  14. Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Do you see what they have made of me, Qui-Gon? Vader thought bitterly. This is what your precious Jedi Order has created.

You touched on the very heart of what I think Vader is really about- he has been brainwashed by Palpy to some degree, but really it is just all those years of resentment in the Order, of being aware that none of the Council approve of him and feeling the unease and even fear others have about him... it's sort of made him lose touch w/ reality and he's created his own sense of it to justify his actions.

Nice work, ladies, as always :D

SWORD
  15. Calen2kk Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah! Time to die Obi-wan. hah! Maybe when Anakin kills the git, he'll go back to the light. :)

more soon!
  16. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Master

star 1
    Another great post, JPS, Kathryn! :D I love it when we get insight into Vader's head, and I was torn between snickering that he's rationalizing his actions to the memory of Qui-Gon and crying at that same thing, because he really has convinced himself it's true, hasn't he? Poor Ani :( Poor Obi :( Poor Padme :(

Oh, yeah, and poor Skywalker twins, too :p ;)
  17. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    So glad you're back! :D

GREAT job of getting into Vaders head. That was awesome.

Looking forward to more. :)

"Alderaan."

Cool!
  18. Trickster_Goddess Jedi Knight

star 1
    I liked everything about that post :D From Vader's twisted logic to his detached reflection on Adi Gallia's death, to the love/hate that he still feels for Obi-Wan... all awesome, awesome stuff! And he knows... Alderaan! :eek:
  19. JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ooh, Vader's on the prowl [face_devil]

He he, let's hope that, even asleep, Obi-Wan will somehow figure out that his former Padawan used their bond to track him- because he's going to need to get Padme out of there and fast!
  20. JediPrincess83 Jedi Master

star 1
    Another great chapter! Ooh, how are they going to escape Vader's clutches- Obi-Wan to the rescue? :p
  21. AngelofDarkness Jedi Knight

star 2
    And the plot thickens... :p Look out, Alderaan, here comes Vader! He he, great post, the insight into Vader's thoughts, his obsessions, was very nicely done- reminded me why I love this story so much :D
  22. Shinar Jedi Master

star 4
    There is still good in him but boy he's a VILLIAN now!!!! [-o|
  23. Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Knight

star 1
    Awesome, awesome, awesome! :D I hear the Imperial March playing in my head whenever you girls do a Vader post now :p ;)
  24. Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Knight

star 1
    This story is just awesome :D Keep the posts coming, girls! ;)
  25. Trickster_Goddess Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just an UP to tide us over until the next post ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.