main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shadowside-Obi/Qui/lots of others-TPM AU-chapter 14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by female_obi_wan, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Thanks very much to all you guys for all the ups and comments! [face_love]

And, of course, thanks to Layren for betaing...and I command you all to go read her fic in Before The Saga. :p

Shadowside
    12. Sand and Silence

"Well then, make your choice. The living or the dead." The Dreammaster was getting impatient.

Of course he knew what he should do, what he must do, what he wanted to do, but....

But...

"But?" That was Xanatos.

"But all I have left of her is the memories...you can't force me to make this choice..."

"Who do you love more?"

"I love them both the same!"

But there was no getting around this one. Qui-Gon knew what he had to do. "I..."

Say it! You love them both. And she is dead and nothing will bring her back. You know what you must say.

"Take me! Anything. Just don't make me have to do this!"

It was like a dream. Like the moment you realise it's a dream or nightmare and wake up gasping, but there was no waking from this...

"I could always choose for you," the Dreammaster said.

"No. I choose my Pada......"

There was a hand on his shoulder. And it wasn't Xan, or the Dreammaster...and, although for a second he hoped it was, it wasn't his Padawan either.

It was Tahl.

He stared in shock. Time stopped, or seemed to, and the Dreammaster and Xanatos seemed frozen, watching wordlessly.

The words that came out of his mouth weren't what he expected.

"You're dead!"

"I know that," she responded.

"You're...I....why? How?" He stepped forward to hug her, and couldn't.

"I don't know," she said, sounding like the firey teenager he'd known so long ago. "But I don't care, not really. Now listen!" she suddenly snapped. "You made the right choice. You knew it was the right choice...."

"I know. Tahl, I'm sorry, I didn't want to forget you..."

She stared at him. "For star's sake! Why do you want to apologize? You were right. And I'll still wait for you, and when you come to me, you will remember. Nothing will part us, I promise."

Qui-Gon just nodded. Barely anything else in him seemed to be working.

And then whatever spell that had almost been there was broken, and suddenly the Dreammaster was in front of him. But there was a look on his face that Qui-Gon hadn't seen before...utter rage.

"You aren't part of here! I didn't bring you here!"

Qui-Gon tried to step between them, but sudenly Xanatos was holding him back.

"Why are you here?!" the Dreammaster yelled.

Tahl stared back at him, apparently not scared. "Because of love."

He hit her.

Or something. It was a flash of light, but not even red light, green light...and suddenly she was on the ground. Qui-Gon yelled. Tahl jumped back up again.

She's dead! He can't kill her again!

Or can he?

He saw the next flash of green light before it happened. He would never know how he'd done it, but he managed to wrestle himself away from Xanatos, somehow slide inbetween Tahl and the Dreammaster...

...and then open his eyes, dazed and dizzy on the desert floor. Tahl was gone. He was in pain. That bolt of green light must have been more powerful than the last....

"Where's Tahl?"

No-one answered. No-one seemed to be around. Everything seemed to have flashed past in a second. What was happening now?

The pain was growing greater. Maybe he was dying...

Another thought came through: But if I do, that means Obi-Wan will live...

Well, that was it then. His Padawan would live. He'd done it. But only they could have talked one more time. If only he could have told him...

Suddenly he felt the cold of a shadow on him. He couldn't turn his head around to look up, but he guessed it was one of two people.

"I've won," Qui-Gon said.

The figure moved to his other side so Qui-Gon could see him. It was Xanatos. He put a hand on his former master's forehead.

"No-one's ever going to win again, you know."

Suddenly the pain was going. Xanatos was healing him. Feelin

2. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Hooray, finally!! :D

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Good, another post. I liked that Tahl showed up to tell Qui-Gon that he had made the right choice. I would have chosen Obi-Wan as well. He is still among the living and has a chance. So love always ends badly...oh dear.

Good job. Keep going.

4. Kaia

Kaia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2003
    The DreamMaster is tempering with their minds and drives them crazy. He´s one sick person. I sure hope that Obi and Qui will be strong and belive in their friendship and love.

5. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Love Tahl appearing, and the reactions of Dreammaster and Xanatos at her. :) Great post, and I hope you're going to update soon.

6. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Hi! I just found this, and I absolutely love it! The plot is very interesting. Good job!

I'm looking forward to more. :)

7. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003
    [face_shocked]

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVIL, BAD, STUPID DREAMMASTER!!!!!!!!! :mad: AND XAN, TOO!!!! :mad:

Poor Obi-Wan needs a hug. Qui-Gon needs to find out what Tahl put in his pocket and rescue his Padawan. (And give him lots of hugs! :D ) All the other Jedi need to find them both. And Anakin needs to run away!

I just found this and it. Is. Awsome!!

Write more soon, please!!!

8. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
    Here we go: UP!

9. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    I just found this, and thought I'd post while I have time. I've only gotten through the first couple of chapters, but I really like it so far. I'm looking forward to reading more. I'll probably go back into lurker mode now, but I'll be reading periodically. Keep it up!

10. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
  11. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
  12. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
    UP!

13. Xeana

Nov 9, 2003
    UUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPO!!

14. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
  15. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
    *walks in and starts tap dancing*

*the thread get's so annoyed that it goes up a few steps*

yes! I won! I made the thread go up!

*tap dances out of the thread*

16. Xeana

Nov 9, 2003
  17. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
    Up we're dancing...

18. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
    The thread goes up and up, up til it first got hot...

19. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
  20. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
    Throwing in a U and then flying a P!

21. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    ...and UP again! :p

22. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Opal: Thanks! :D

diane: Thank you. :)

Kaia: I hope so too. :D Thanks for the ups!

Jedi_Nifet: *blushes* Well it's not soon but it is an update. ;) Thanks!

KenobisGirl: Welcome! :D Here's some more. :D

Xeana: Lots of hugs? We'll see. :D Thanks for your Up too. :D

qtrhrs78: A lurker eh? :D Well, thanks for posting! :)

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan: Why thank you. :D

Shadowside
    13. Consequences

Anakin woke up. He thought he was on Tatooine...it was light, blindingly so. But no, he was not on Tatooine. He was in a brightly lit cell. And his mother was not here. Instead, there was...

"Padmé!"

She smiled at him. It was a relieved smile. "Thank goodness. You're awake."

"I was asleep?" Normally, he had dreams when asleep, and there had been none.

"You weren't responding...I just really hoped you were sleeping." She looked away. "I tried hitting you...I didn't hurt you too much, did I?"

"No," he said in surprise. "Where are we? And are you okay?"

"I'm fine, thank you, Ani. We're on Naboo..." There was a pause. He sensed she was about to burst out with something. "And Palaptine is a traitor. He's here and he won't let me out. I don't know what he wants from me...and my people are being killed!"

Anakin digested this news. Padmé sat down on the floor. She looked thoroughly upset. Anakin awkwardly put his arm around her.

"Don't worry. We can escape."

"How?" she asked.

"I don't know," he admitted. "But I'm quite good at escaping. I'll think of something...I hope."

Garen's comlink beeped.

"Answer it, then." Siri snapped, tired and short-tempered from the heat. He looked at her, and did.

"Master...seriously? Oh no. I'll tell the others. Yoda's not here. I don't know where he is...yes...and also with you."

He ended the call and looked at them, stone-faced.

"That was my Master." he said. "Anakin's gone. Really gone. They've looked all around Coruscant. They think he must have sneaked aboard our ship."

Bant's jaw dropped.

"Any ideas?" Garen asked.

"I know where he is," Bant whispered.

The others looked at her.

"I saw him. Down an alleyway...and there was a man there. I didn't think it was him, I thought he was safe..." She trailed off.

"Wonderful," Garen said.

Right on cue, another comlink beeped. Siri's this time. A hologram of Yoda appeared.

"Contacted by the Temple, I have been. Lost someone, we have."

"Master, he's been captured...or something," Bant said urgently. "I saw him. I think I did, anyway."

"But even if she did, we have no way of knowing where he is now," Garen said.

"Faith you must have," Yoda said. Then, "Come and find you in Mos Espa, I shall. Stay here, Master Windu will."

And then the hologram vanished.

"Now what?" Siri asked.

"Now we wait," Garen said.

They wandered around for a while. Bant finally found a wall to sit down on.

"I wonder if I'll ever see Obi-Wan again..." she said sadly. The other two looked at her.

"You know what Yoda said...have faith," Garen answered. He sat on the wall too. Siri stayed standing, looking out at everything.

"I hate waiting," she muttered.

But they were waiting nonetheless. Bant, keeping all her senses alert like a Jedi should, suddenly spotted a Twi'lek man coming towards them. Garen and Bant lookd up too. He didn't look that dangerous, whoever he was, but...

He walked up to them.

"Hey," he whispered. "Any of you had a slave somehow disable the device in his skin, and run away?"

"No. We don't keep slaves," Garen said.

"Well," he said, as if he hadn't heard, "the technology's finally been developed. I have a clever little machine that will track the explosives in a slave's body, so they can be reclaimed. And punished."

Garen looked about to shake his head and send the man away, and Siri looked disgusted, but Bant suddenly held out her hand.

"Yes. We'll take one. Will you take credits?"

The ma

23. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Heh. I find it quite funny that none of the Jedi knew Anakin snuck aboard. Those Knights aren't all that smart, huh? :p I'm a bit confused though - did Anakin follow that guy to Naboo? Because he started out on Tatooine with the others, right?

24. Xeana

Nov 9, 2003

Who was that Twi'lek guy [face_shocked] ?
    All right! Glad to see the story's back! Lol, I agree with Happy_Hobbit_Padawan; so much for the Jedi's Force!

25. OBI_GURL_KENOBI1

OBI_GURL_KENOBI1 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2004
    I just read it and it's great. UP UP UP UP UP UP UP
    Ditto, I think da Jedi r losin there touch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.