main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shake, Drabble & Roll! Ant's Challenge Drabbles II! {Week 7: Mara Jade} - Update 11/27/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Since I'm not around these boards as often any more, and I don't have a great deal of time for writing any fanfiction at the present moment, I decided to give these drabbles a shot, as it will be easier to find regular space to write a few hundred words every week, as opposed to a large piece of fiction.

So, here goes... my attempt at drabbling....

Week 1: Tahiri.

1. Smooth.

As the first droplet of nervous sweat rolls down the cheek of our Jedi prisoner, I don?t even bat an eyelid.

In fact, I smirk; for I know what is to come.

It always starts out the same, you see: the interrogation begins with me asking a few simple questions, and when we don?t like what we hear (and we never do), that?s when the fun begins.

That?s when Jacen steps in.

His smooth, pressed black trousers rub together as he slowly starts to pace the room, his face a vision of nonchalance. It?s beautiful to witness; almost like art.

2. Rough.

My smirk has just turned into a smile.

The prisoner?s sweat has morphed into a torrent of agonized tears, and his screams have been echoing off the solid durasteel walls for longer than I can recall.

His cries are like music to my ears.

The other interrogators are long gone. Only the toughest of tough can stomach the way Jacen Solo gets his information.

He is rough.

He is brutal.

He is completely unforgiving.

The loudest scream yet pierces through my reverie, and I stare at the prisoner, transfixed by the jarring movements his body is making against his restraints.

3. Dry.

And to think, Jacen hasn?t even touched him yet.

The shrieks have all but died now, and the cell is thrust into an icy silence as my superior picks through the information he?s obtained through the callous display of neural stripping I?ve just observed.

In silence.

With a smirk.

My mouth is dry, and my tongue feels heavy? almost like sand resting in a lump; trapped behind a set of thin, vicious lips.

This isn?t the normal reaction for me. Usually, I sit back and enjoy the show, but now, I find myself fighting against the indescribable urge to vomit.

4. Wrinkled.

I twist the sash of my black robes in between taut, agitated fingers. The silken fabric wrinkles beyond repair, and I know I will pay for it later.

Jacen can sense my unease as he lowers his face towards our captive; he can smell it, much like an animal can smell its prey.

I smell like the unmistakable scent of fear. It leaks from my skin like sweat on a hot summer?s day, and hangs in the air so thick I can almost taste it.

I?m sure Jacen can.

As the screaming starts again, I twist the fabric ever tighter.

5. Weathered.

Jacen?s ghostly breath floats across my weathered flesh, but I don?t flinch. I won?t give him the satisfaction of knowing he can affect me, no matter how close to death I may be.

He trained me to be emotionless. Never have I been more grateful of that training than now.

I know what he?s trying to do as he forces his way into my mind: I?ve seen it so many times that it?s just as routine as all the rest, even though this time it?s my mind; my life.

He?s trying to break me.

Silently.

Painfully.

And I let him.

2. Lightsaber123

Lightsaber123 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 31, 2007
    clutches at heart.
    Oh Tahiri, you were made to suffer... and make me suffer even more.
    I think I actually broke at the same time the YZ's did their stuff to you... Maybe even earlier.
    I'm pretty sure now that you'll end up being the one who will cut me down at the end of the journey.
    and then maybe I'll donate all my SW books to the library, exactly how I got mine...
    clutches at heart some more.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    5. Weathered.

Jacen?s ghostly breath floats across my weathered flesh, but I don?t flinch. I won?t give him the satisfaction of knowing he can affect me, no matter how close to death I may be.

He trained me to be emotionless. Never have I been more grateful of that training than now.

I know what he?s trying to do as he forces his way into my mind: I?ve seen it so many times that it?s just as routine as all the rest, even though this time it?s my mind; my life.

He?s trying to break me.

Silently.

Painfully.

And I let him

Wow. Just...amazing! =D=

4. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    oh my stars and garters...

that's... that's...

I don't think I can describe it...

:mad: - Jacen

:_| - Tahiri

devastating but Great job

5. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Lightsaber123:

clutches at heart.
    Oh Tahiri, you were made to suffer... and make me suffer even more.
    I think I actually broke at the same time the YZ's did their stuff to you... Maybe even earlier.
    I'm pretty sure now that you'll end up being the one who will cut me down at the end of the journey.
    and then maybe I'll donate all my SW books to the library, exactly how I got mine...
    clutches at heart some more.

Sorry this set pained you so much. [face_blush] :( [:D] Thanks for reading, though. :)

VaderLVR64:

Wow. Just...amazing!

Thank you so much! :D I'm glad you enjoyed them. :)

Kidan:

oh my stars and garters...

that's... that's...

I don't think I can describe it...

angry - Jacen

cry - Tahiri

I think that about sums it up. :p :D I thought of profic Jacen when I wrote this (mostly the last Mara scene), so I guess it turned out a little twisted. Most of my stuff usually does. 8-}

devastating but Great job

Thank you. :) Thanks for reading and leaving a reply.

Ant. ]-}

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Jacen's evil, breaking Tahiri time and time again for his quest for power

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    5. Weathered.

He?s trying to break me.

Silently.

Painfully.

And I let him.

[face_plain][face_plain][face_plain]

:_|:_|:_|

Jacen's evil! This was so heart-wrenching. Wonderful job, Ant! [:D]

8. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    SilSolo:

Jacen's evil, breaking Tahiri time and time again for his quest for power

Yeah, he sure is. [face_frustrated] Trouble is, after what I've heard is in Inferno (no, I haven't read it yet, silly Aussie bookstores not keeping copies - grr!) I have a feeling things could turn quite bad for Tahiri in the Jacen sense. :(

Thanks for reading, Sil! :D

Idrelle_Miocovani:

Jacen's evil! This was so heart-wrenching. Wonderful job, Ant!

Thank you very muchly, Idri! [:D] Glad you enjoyed them, and # 5 was my favourite, too. :)

And yes, Jacen is evil. :mad: Time to bludgeon him with a pickaxe? [face_batting] :p ;)

Thanks for reading, guys! :*

Ant. ]-}

9. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Week 2: Han & Leia.

6. Jedi

She was possibly one of the oldest Jedi to be granted full knighthood, my wife.

My princess.

My Leia.

It happened, as is always the case, during a time of great struggle and oppression. We were fighting these Force-awful bugs at the time, and facing death for the umpteenth time in our marriage.

Leia had not long dispatched the crazy bug-hugger, Alema Ra, when she?d been honoured with the title of Jedi Knight. I think it was the happiest I?d ever seen her? well, except for the day she married me? or when we?d been blessed with our beautiful children.

7. Sith

The blood of the Jedi flows strongly in my family? but so does the blood of the Sith.

Leia?s father, the great Jedi Anakin Skywalker, was also one of the greatest Dark Lords to ever rule the galaxy with an iron fist.

Darth Vader.

Our own personal hell.

I?m not that big on old Jedi philosophies, so I can?t comment much on destiny, the Force, or any of that fodder; but what I do know is that a part of Leia died when she found out Vader was her father.

Another larger part died when Jacen followed in grandpa?s footsteps.

8. Soldier

With great power comes even greater responsibility, and Leia being part of the mighty Skywalker dynasty meant she has both in bucket loads.

Power ? the likes of which most Jedi only dream of.

And responsibility ? the weight of the entire galaxy on her shoulders, hoping she won?t screw up and doom us all.

Kind of a heavy load to put on, say, half a dozen people with the name Skywalker/Solo, huh?

For the longest time, Leia has fought beside soldiers with greater rank than she and triumphed; she?s put her life on the line countless times.

So where?s the thanks?

9. Civilian

After the last of the Yuuzhan Vong were blasted into oblivion, all we wanted to do was to hide away from the galaxy and lead a normal life ? you know, the kind of life a loving, married couple deserves after years of government servitude.

We wanted to buy a farm somewhere, raise some baby banthas, and just live out the remainder of our illustrious lives in seclusion.

As civilians.

Not as soldiers, or even heroes of war: as just us: Han and Leia.

But then life happened.

Our son happened.

And all our happy plans went straight to the kriffer!

10. Politician

When I first met my princess, she was one of the best, ballsiest, and most bad-ass politicians there was!

Women bowed before her brilliance, and men cowered away from her superior graces.

Obviously, I wasn?t one of those push-over types that let Ms. Organa walk all over me? no, I got under her skin all right, in more ways than one.

The princess and I loathed each other with a passion at first, but when there?s passion involved of such a high intensity, love is never far behind.

And she fell for me harder than a droid on oil day!

10. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    another great set, loved Han's thoughts about Leia throughout... great job!

11. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    nice second set. Leia is the perfect character to feature and I guess when you said our son happened, you meant Darth Caedus was born, right?

12. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Kidan:

another great set, loved Han's thoughts about Leia throughout... great job!

Thank you very much! :D Thanks for taking the time to read again. :)

SilSolo:

nice second set. Leia is the perfect character to feature and I guess when you said our son happened, you meant Darth Caedus was born, right?

Thank you. [:D]

Yes, Leia is the perfect character, I think I'll probably use her again soon. As for when their "son happened," it wasn't when Jacen was born, but when the evil of Darth Caedus was created... so, in a way, it was when Darth C was born, technically. :p

Thanks for reading, guys! :)

Ant. ]-}

13. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Week 1: That was an awesome collection of evil-Jacen-the-Torturer. Dark, brutal?I loved it. :cool:

Week 2:
    A collection from the mind of Han. These were awesome as well. I particularly liked Jedi.

And this section of Sith, which sounds very much like a Han lament:
    I?m not that big on old Jedi philosophies, so I can?t comment much on destiny, the Force, or any of that fodder; but what I do know is that a part of Leia died when she found out Vader was her father.

=D=

Politician - lol, that sounds like Han: Obviously, I wasn?t one of those push-over types that let Ms. Organa walk all over me?

Fabulous reading, J-A!!

14. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    BigE:

That was an awesome collection of evil-Jacen-the-Torturer. Dark, brutal?I loved it.

Thank you very much! :D I'm glad you enjoyed the set.. evil Jacen is fun to write. [face_devil]

A collection from the mind of Han. These were awesome as well. I particularly liked Jedi.

Thanks again! :) Yeah, Jedi was my favourite, too. :D

And this section of Sith, which sounds very much like a Han lament:

Thanks, I thought that sounded like something he would say. He's a great character! [face_love]

Politician - lol, that sounds like Han: Obviously, I wasn?t one of those push-over types that let Ms. Organa walk all over me?

:D

Fabulous reading, J-A!!

Thank you! [:D] And thanks for stopping by to read and leave a lovely reply. :)

Week # 3 is on its way soon... then I have to get started on Week # 4...

Ant. ]-}

15. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Great drabbles, Ant=D= . I loved them all but if I had to choose a favorite it would be Soldier. That one was really, REALLY GOOD.

16. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks so much! [:D] :D I'm glad you enjoyed them. :)

Thanks for reading and replying! :)

Ant. ]-}

17. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    WEEK 3: Luke Skywalker

11. Mother

Luke never knew his mother.

She was taken from him when he was very young, too young to have any solid memories of her.

What he did have were images: about a minute and a half?s worth of video footage that had laid dormant in R2?s memory bank for far too long.

But it wasn?t the kind of video a son should ever see. It was grotesque, tragic, and painful? but it was all had to remember her by.

So he watched it, despite the pain it caused.

All so he could see her face.

If only for a moment.

12. Father

At one point in his life, he?d loathed his father; so much that he?d almost ended up killing him.

Almost.

But Luke was a compassionate soul, and he?d long since forgiven him for all his evil acts while under the guise of Darth Vader. That is, until he?d learnt the truth about his mother?s death.

The fire of anger ignited within his heart the second he?d seen Anakin Skywalker?s hand stretch out in a gesture of silent death, and for a moment, he thought the forgiveness he?d shown would be lost forever.

But Luke was a Jedi.

And Jedi forgive.

13. Sister

She was his rock; his happy place.

The person he turned to when the galaxy seemed too big, too unruly. When he thought all hope was lost.

She would always be there for him, no matter the struggled. Unfathomable or insignificant, she would kiss away the pain, share the burden and exhaust all avenues until the problem was solved.

She was a miracle worker.

A politician.

A mother.

Tough, resourceful and above all, caring, she could pull off anything, whilst still maintaining all the airs and graces of a life lived in royalty.

She was Leia Organa Solo.

His sister.

14. Brother

Though he never had a brother, Luke knew, without question, who he would pick it if were possible to have one.

Han Solo.

The cocky, hot-headed smuggler with a penchant for princesses and things that shone was the best friend he?d ever had, and the day he?d been told there were about to become related through marriage was one of the happiest of his life.

Sure, they had their differences ? they fought and sometimes they went days without speaking, but every family had its fair share of problems ? the Skywalker/Solo clan included.

And Luke wouldn?t have it any other way.

15. Friend

It was too late to patch up the relationship he?d had with his son. That chapter of his life was now closed, and sadly, there was no going back.

Not now. Not after everything that?d happened.

As much as it hurt to say goodbye to Mara, it was ten times more painful to watch Ben drift away, becoming nothing but a shadow of his former self.

Jacen would pay!

There was still hope, though. The last time he?d seen Ben, there was a promise of something in his eyes.

Not the promise of a son? the promise of a friend.

18. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Oh, I loved these, Ant!!! [face_love][face_love] Marvelous job writing my Lukie-boo. [face_love]
    The fire of anger ignited within his heart the second he?d seen Anakin Skywalker?s hand stretch out in a gesture of silent death, and for a moment, he thought the forgiveness he?d shown would be lost forever.
    But Luke was a Jedi.
    And Jedi forgive.

That was perfect!! =D=

Although I loved them all, I think "sister" and "brother" have to be my favorites. :) I also thoroughly enjoyed your previous week of Han and Leia. I still need to get caught up on the first week, though. [face_blush]

Fantastic job!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

19. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Mother and Father really stood out for me. The angst of Luke was portrayed very well.

Same for Friend, really. Very strong. Nicely done!!

=D=

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I really like Luke's description of his family

21. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    dancing_star:

Oh, I loved these, Ant!!! Marvelous job writing my Lukie-boo.

Thank you very much. :D Luke?s great, isn?t he? [face_love]

That was perfect!!

Thanks. :)

Although I loved them all, I think "sister" and "brother" have to be my favorites. I also thoroughly enjoyed your previous week of Han and Leia. I still need to get caught up on the first week, though.

I?m glad you liked them, thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy the first week, too, when you find time to read them. :)

Fantastic job!

Thank you! [:D]

BigE:

Mother and Father really stood out for me. The angst of Luke was portrayed very well.

Same for Friend, really. Very strong. Nicely done!!

Thanks so much! :D I?m glad you enjoyed these ones as well.

Thanks for reading! [:D]

SilSolo:

I really like Luke's description of his family

Thanks. :) Thanks for stopping by and reading! [face_peace]

Thanks for reading and replying, everyone! :D Your wonderful comments are very much appreciated. :*

Ant.
    ]-}

22. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    These Luke drabbles were great. I loved Sister and Friend. Those ones were so nice.

23. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Earthknight:

These Luke drabbles were great. I loved Sister and Friend. Those ones were so nice.

Thank you very much. :) I thought it was time I did some nice drabbles for a change... mine are usually always filled with so much angst and suffering that I feel the need to throw in a few mushies every now and then.

I'm glad you enjoyed them, and thanks for reading. :*

Ant. ]-}

24. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Week # 4: The Invasion of Corellia.

16. Shuttle

It begins with a shuttle; a single, carbon-fused shell glistening in the early morning light as it penetrates the atmosphere, breaking through the enemy blockade on sheer nerve alone.

Thin wisps of red-hot flames lick at the rounded nose cone as it channels through the open airways, piercing clouds and dodging hapless laser beams as it powers on toward its resting place.

Its final destination in a journey planned for more than a year.

The communications tower, where the brunt of Corellia?s attacking would be coordinated from.

A single unit would disembark the ship; there would be no stopping.

17. Fighter

There was enemy fire everywhere.

Dazzling orange bolts laced the canopy of the small fighter, projected from every direction and unrelenting in their quest to blow the pest out of the sky.

The pilot was pulling out all the stops just to remain airborne, but he knew, just as his enemy did, that it was only a matter of time before the deadly fire claimed him.

It was all part of the statistics of war; sooner or later, no matter how good you were, you?d go down in a blaze of glory.

He was just proud to go down fighting.

18. Freighter

The communications tower was a shambles. Debris lay in every corner like a scar, meandering left and right and exposing each and every fault to anyone in the vicinity that was still breathing.

One visual display screen had survived the onslaught? just barely. If the young woman slumped at its base were conscious, she would have noticed the small golden blip in the centre change course abruptly, heading towards the senatorial complex.

This blip represented a freighter in real space, travelling at break-neck speed towards its target and filled to the brim with heavy-duty explosives.

Corellia didn?t stand a chance.

19. Capital Ship

?What are your orders, Captain??

The voice had come from beside him, but as the words drifted tonelessly through his mind, it may have come from light-years away for all the effect it had on him.

Standing at the head of the Corellian capital ship, Sciathan, the sole remaining ship in a fleet of thousands, Captain Reilly gave his crew their final order.

?There will be no surrender. We don?t give up.?

And so it was to be. Those aboard the mighty ship fought until the last breath had left their bodies.

There was no surrender for them, only death.

20. Space Station

So much for a worthy adversary, the leader of the Galactic Alliance smirked to himself as he stood amidst the wreckage that was once a fine military establishment.

Corellia and all those who opposed his new government had been expended like the second-rate soldiers he?d known they were, and it had taken a lot less man power than was originally planned to take down the planet and its inhabitants.

All that was left of the once great society was a smouldering beacon of power and corruption, damaged in the fray but still very operational.

Centerpoint Space Station: Jacen?s newest haven.

Enjoy! :D

Ant. ]-}

25. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    *bounces*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.