main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN ***Shameless Plug Alert***

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ima_Toydarian, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Hey gang-

I opened up Lin Workman's On-Line Store this week. It's an on-line store for cartoon t-shirts, coffee mugs, posters, and more. Mostly monster cartoons I did. Check it out if you get a chance, and don't forget to sign up for my monthly newsletter! ;)

Lin

2. Ellen_Griswold

Ellen_Griswold Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    That's GREAT, Lin! Where's the Star Wars stuff? ;)

3. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    I'm going to have to come up with some Star Wars toons I guess!

Since there's not many of us in the group (well, not enough to do a good run of T's) I may set up a shop like this with club stuff on it so any of us can go in and order a t-shirt, mug, hat, mouse pad, etc. with the club logo on it. The only problems are I really can't do anything that would be considered copyright/trademark infringement by Lucasfilm, and anything I do has to go on white.

Maybe after the holidays we can all kick around some ideas.

Lin

4. George_Bailey

George_Bailey Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2002
    I loved your merchandise, Lin. I really want the Mickey Myers t-shirt. Hey, maybe a club discount should be in order...LOL (only teasin', buddy)

5. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    What, no thong?!

6. Clark_W_Griswold

Clark_W_Griswold Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    Hmmmm..... the SMT thong....

It could work!

Wait....We are talking about footwear, right? As in flip-flops?

Please tell me we're talking about flip-flops!

Great site, Lin. I'll have to score a Christmas ornament for sure.

And I take it that you won't be able to sell any of your Elvis stuff thanks to our buddies at EPE? I really want your Elvis cartoons on a T-shirt.

7. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    As long as I don't call it Elvis and it's a parody it may be ok. I have a new one that doesn't have a dead EP on it. I just need to take the time to finish it and post it.

And no, not footwear! I couldn't resist when I saw the thongs...

Yep, I'll probably order some of the stuff for myself. I wouldn't mind a t-shirt or two, an ornament, and maybe a lunchbox!

I'll see what we can do after New Years to set up a SMT store. I need to help Kev set up his Muley shop. He's having problems uploading his art on dial-up. I can do it here at work with no problems.

Oh- did you like the links?! I fgure post 'em WHEREever and WHENever I can!

8. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Hey, started an on-line picture gallery at www.picturetrail.com/linworkman

I'm going to be posting some more of my toons there, as well as pics of me and my friends- so expect a SMT section there soon! I'm also going to be able to post some links along with the picks.

Like the store I'm just going to start off with a basic free one, but if it starts to take off I may go ahead and pony up the bucks for a bigger store and gallery. It's not too much.

Well, I'm off to go post more pics...

Lin

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Those are great Lin!

My son loves The Crow, Can you do a framed Crow?

10. Clark_W_Griswold

Clark_W_Griswold Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    That's the first time I've seen any of your sculpts, Lin. Dude, you are so talented. I wish I could do that kind of stuff.

11. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Thanks, gang. I've been planning on doing a Crow on canvas, but it'll probably be late spring/early summer.

Now, go chcek out the Star Wars album and tell me what you think of the b'ground!

Lin

12. Ellen_Griswold

Ellen_Griswold Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    I've got some costumed pics from the Nightmarez Kids Day....I'll send 'em to you.

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    You knew I'd love that background, didn't you, Lin? Can't go wrong with the power of the Martini side.

14. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Thought you might dig that- the official drink of the SMT!

15. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Question for you all-

If I started a shop for the SMT what would you want to see there- designs and products? Keep in mind they have to go on white, and we'd have to keep from using any actual SW photos or graphics. Let's kick it around a bit and I'll set something up after New Years and ShadowCon. I can set the prices at the base price- that way they'd be cheaper and since we're not making any profit- no taxes! I know, a Toydarian not making a profit..?! Well, if we order more than a dozen or so of anything we get a discount- and Toydarians love a discount!

Lin

16. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    If I started a shop for the SMT what would you want to see there- designs and products? Keep in mind they have to go on white, and we'd have to keep from using any actual SW photos or graphics.

T-SHIRTS! :D Seriously, we need shirts before MSC. Can they be color on white or do they have to be black & white? And when you say we can't use SW graphics, does that include symbols and fonts? The Rebel Legion shirts have the Rebel Alliance symbol on them, but I don't know if they had to get it approved or not. If nothing else, it would be cool to have shirts with the SMT name in the SW font.

17. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Good question. I don't know how strict Lucasfilm is. I'm sure if we had our own logo or type, we could use some type of SW font. Symbols- don't know, but I do see a lot of SW fan clubs using the symbols.

as far as colors, on CafePress it has to be white, but they do have some 3/4 length sleeve baseball jerseys/t's with different colored sleeves and neck with a white body. The graphics can be one or as many colors as we like.

Tim: Anyway to find out what as a SW fan club we can and can't use to promote ourselves?

Lin

18. Obi-G-Y-N

Obi-G-Y-N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2004
    Tim: Have you had a chance to find out anything on the post above? I'd like to set up more promotional stuff for us, but don't know what we can/can't do as a club.

Lin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.