main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph In Town With a Few Days to Kill: The Prey-dator Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Adam of Nuchtern, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

I liked Thomas Jane in Stephen Kings the Mist, his character was supposed to be a movie poster painter like Drew Struzan. Struzan I believe commissioned art for King's, The Dark Tower series. I also liked Jane in Billy Crystal's 61!,
    [​IMG]

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Most excellent!

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm looking forward to this. I liked Predators fine, but it would have been better if it wasn't a call back to the first film, but on a hunting preserve planet. It would be cool if Adam Baldwin makes a cameo as the head agent in the Predator research group.

4. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Wonder if Thomas Jane will punish the predator.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Licensing Expo promo poster.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Dahhh! I hope someone actually says that to The Predator and not, like, y'know just to some random person or thing.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's the Predator equivalent to "a perfect organism".

EECHUUTA and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    EECHUUTA and vin like this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    TX-20, Healer_Leona and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Plenty of room for that and it definitely confirms this is a sequel and really gives "Predator 2" some extra lovin'.

TX-20 and Healer_Leona like this.
  12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I didn't like Predator 2, aside from the ending, but this is fine.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, it's nice to see some nods to that film given it's too easy to overlook it (outside of the Aliens/AVP connection). Outside of the attempts to give it a futuristic setting it's rather enjoyable and contributed a lot to the Yautja culture.

14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, not much of the second film looks that futuristic. Except maybe the handguns that Harrigan and his team uses. But having it set in 97 didn't really hurt. Other than early 90's fashion no longer being fashionable by that point, in real life. At least "Jeopardy" was still on the air. :p

TX-20 likes this.
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Teaser motion poster:

rumsmuggler and VadersLaMent like this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    People talk quite a lot in Shane Black movies and there's a whole lot of detective conspiracy plot stuff and Christmas! (which is all awesome) It'll be interesting to see how he works in this franchise where verbosity and complex plotting and Santa aren't exactly trademarks.

Although maybe Black did do some writing on Predator (which is why they killed him off early) but I can never quite find a definite source confirming that. Most I can find is this quote

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...al-history-arnold-schwarzenegger-film-1014132

Davis: I'm producing the new Predator [due out Aug. 3, 2018], and Shane Black is directing it. So Shane Black — I met Shane on that movie. Shane was a really great writer who had just written this great script called Lethal Weapon. We wanted him to do a rewrite on the [Predator] script. So we put him in the movie, because he's an actor. And we got him down there, and we asked him to do a rewrite, and he said he was an actor in the movie and not a writer. So he was the first person we killed. He got killed seven minutes into the movie.

which is vague, did they kill him off to write stuff or kill him off cuz he wouldn't write stuff?

Also, it's a freakin' Shane Black Predator movie. I mean, hot damn! And I'm still hoping he works in Hawkins descendants somehow.

Violent Violet Menace and TX-20 like this.
  17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Davis is misremembering some of the details. First, Hawkins lasted for more than seven minutes in the film. He might have had seven minutes screen time, but even then that's not accurate. Second, Black was brought in to keep watch over McTiernan because it was his first major film and there was concern he couldn't handle it. Now, Davis might have wanted him to do a rewrite, but he said no since that wasn't his job.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Thomas Jane Reveals New ‘The Predator’ Plot Details

VadersLaMent likes this.
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    New plot synopsis:

“From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home in Shane Black’s explosive reinvention of the Predator series. Now, the universe’s most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.”

20. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I already dislike it based on that synopsis. [face_frustrated]

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    hahaha this movie is going to be whacked, Black never really does things straight through. Kind of wish the synopsis hadn't said that the Predators are into gene upgrading, would have liked to learn that in the movie. However it does sort of explain the big bad ebony one in Predators.

22. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    New trailer:

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm a big fan of Olivia Munn, but seeing her as a scientist is like seeing Denise Richards as one.

As for the trailer, it really didn't excited for the film. I'll most likely see the film in theaters, but it's not something I'm planning to see on opening day.

24. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Every time I think about watching one of the Predator sequels I just go back and watch the 1987 original. That's all anyone will ever need. It has everything, including two former state governors, Apollo Creed and a movie monster that still holds up to the test of time.

The vast biological strength and technological superiority of the predator pales in comparison with the ability to lay claim to "ain't got time to bleed" as a political campaign slogan.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Teaser trailer is...well, a teaser trailer. Started to build to something but didn't really have a payoff to excite me. Has potential, though,