main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Shannon Baksa - Mara Jade

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Vader2000, May 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    Hey look, I'm posting a topic - second one in my life since joining FanForce I think!

Anyway, I wanted to comment on MJS's comment about Baksa looking ok as Mara in the icon. I personally was never quite happy with Shannon portraying Mara. She just didn't have quite the look in her face that I was expecting. To put it plainly, I thought she looked too old for the part.

But, this past weekend when I was at AlphaCon in Omaha, I had the chance to meet Shannon. At first I wasn't sure if it was her because she looked younger than the pictures. She looked better in real life then she does in the Mara pictures. It was pretty weird. I guess lighting can really change the look and feel of someone.

Anyway, I'll comment on AlphaCon in another post here real soon.

2. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I don't mind The Emperor's Hand shot of her, but I really hated the SW Insider cover photo with her on it! First time I saw that, I thought "Oh gag!" I still don't care for that photo (I own the magazine), which is why I didn't pick the Luke and Mara icon (same shot of her).

I can't wait to read your Alphacon page. I wonder what Shannon Baska is like in person, aside from being prettier in real life than her pictures. I have been warming to her lately...

3. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I like her as Mara and really liked that cover myself... but not everyone can be happy! Either way, it's nice to have an actual visual now.

4. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    My favorite Shannon Baksa experience was at DragonCon last year. I'm heading over to the dealer's hall (one block over from the hotel), walking along the Atlanta sidewalk, and I look up, and think, Oh, look, Mara Jade! She seemed in good spirits...

5. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Shannon - sweet as pie to my son at WizardWorld 2000. If she wasn't, I would have spanked her.

Hoping for PMS during this year's WW. :)

6. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    I was very unhappy at first sight of her myself, on the SW Insider cover mentioned by MJS. I'm 'warming up' to the idea of her as time wears on.

What I really hated most was her hair on that cover pic. Too big! The wild and untamed aspects of Mara's personality DON'T come out in her hairstyle which should be simple and practical. Just MHO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.