main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shapiro article in Uk Star Wars mag. - NJO spoilers. Also CONFIRMATION of someone who WILL NOT die

Discussion in 'Literature' started by virtualoctopus, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    I guess most of the stuff has been posted before, (the UK mag is ALWAYS behind on the EU books - I had Dark Journey before the mag even mentioned it) but I'll post the interesting ones anyhow.

Lucasfilm had ruled on who could die in this new series and who couldn't - and Chewie's creator himself didn't consider the wookie untouchable..... (to which [Shapiro] adds with a grin that she refused to kill off Han Solo

This confirms that Han will NOT die. However, it also seems to hint that Lucas does not consider him untouchable.

"Mara's disease was not supposed to be a way to get rid of Mara or to dis her - it was supposed to provide an interesting challenge for her and Luke

I like the way Shapiro uses 'dis'. This also semi-confirms Mara's survival.

Star by Star, marks a turning point. That book, Shapiro says, is "the 'Heart of Darkness' of the whole series. It's extremely pivotal. The books that [appear] in 2002 will take that and really shape the new direction of the New Jedi Order

This seems to confirm twol things.
    1) SBS is the Empire Strikes Back of the NJO, but we realised that already.
    2) Anakins is NOT coming back. As SBS is the 'turning point', it seems unlikely that they will undo anything done in it.
    3) The Jedi will face nothing worse than the Voxyn. The good guys will start winning again, as SBS is the worst point.

Also in the mag is a short description of Rebel Dream and Stand. which Shapiro promises will feature Wedge Antilles in a starring role, the return of Booster Terrick and furious fighting against the Yuzhuuan Vong.

2. Caine

Caine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002

Interesting, thanks for the news!

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Wish something positive was said about Kyp :(

4. Caine

Caine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002

Don't sweat it, RF. NOthing positive about Jacen either. So they're all fair game :)

5. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    ::giddy spasm::

Aaron Allston + Booster Terrik = [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_mischief] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    1) SBS is the Empire Strikes Back of the NJO, but we realised that already.
    2) Anakins is NOT coming back. As SBS is the 'turning point', it seems unlikely that they will undo anything done in it.

You mean like unfreezing someone from carbonite?

7. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    You are confusing the turning point with the climax of the series. Just because it is the turning point doesn't mean that there won't be anything worse. Someone brought up carbonite already, well I've got another. If SbS was ESB, then what will be the Vong's Death Star II?

8. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    And I also don't see this "confirmation" that someone will not die. If Han was going to die in a later book, the person being interviewed sure wouldn't let that out.

9. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    RF : I just wish that something was said about Kyp. :(

10. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Luke in ESB is thematically the same as Anakin is SbS.

They both were sent down into the abyss in shattered pieces.

It allowed Luke to complete his journey, and return stronger than ever - just as it should allow Anakin to do so. :) The actual specifics of the journey aren't necessarily as important as the journey itself. It could have been a gas-supply tunnel, a ship-launching tube, etc. in ESB. Just as for Anakin, it could have been a hole Anakin fell in, or a death he managed to stumble into. The fact that he died or not isn't as important as the experience he's gained from dying. :D

11. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Good work Virtual, sounds good that Han will continue fighting....

12. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Interesting.

13. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I liked the point very-superior brought up. If Star by Star was the ESB of the NJO, what will the Vong's Death Star II be?

Perhaps the NJO will end in the same matter, with a massive battle, in which the Vong are finally eradicated and thrown into disarray?

14. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Thanks, virtualoctopus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.