main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shards of Jade (I'm finally doing the drabble) Finished with J/J for week 20

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks for clicking.:)

I'm finally trying my hand at the drabbles, so welcome to The Shards of Jade.:D

Rating: G, won't go past PG
    Genre: General
    Timeframe: EU and on
    Characters: Everyone

Week One: Jaina Solo, Jag too
    Week Two: Tahiri
    Week Three: Mara Jade, Luke too
    Week Four: Tenel Ka, Jacen too
    Week Five: Leia, newborn twins too
    Week Six: Kyp and OC, some KJ
    Week Seven: OC manalorians
    Week Eight: JJ, Jag/Kyrn at the end
    Week Nine: Jacen angst
    Week Ten: Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Week Eleven: Teneniel
    Week Twelve: More Mara and Luke
    Week thirteen: Kyp and his girl
    Week Fourteen: Raynar and Lusa
    Week Fifteen: Allana
    Week Sixteen: Luke and Mara, the newly weds.
    Week Seventeen: Zekk and a OC
    Week Eighteen: Luka and Mara, again
    Week Nineeen: Benella
    Week Twenty: Jag and Jaina

If you want to drabble too the original link is here. Thanks Zonoma for the wonderful challenge.

Here's week one!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Beginnings

In the beginning there was him.

My orphan friend. Streetwise, caring and smart. He had a grin that could rival my fathers, and shadows in his smoky green eyes that captured my attention from the first.

He had never really fit in, but then again, who truly did? The descendants of Vader, a Hapan Princess, a towering Wookie, and a haunted orphan boy. We were a ragtag group, and we thought that we'd be together forever.

Eventually my friend became my enemy, fighting alongside the very evil my parents had sworn to destroy.

Things have never been the same since.

Middles
    In the middle there was him.

I was sixteen in a war torn environment. Our group of young Knights was torn apart and tossed by time. It was during this time when he stepped up and took my as his apprentice in the way of the Jedi.

He was my master, and I loved him like a brother. It's true that he used me, and gained my ire, but he was there for me when I needed him. When the darkness that always lurks at the edges of my consciousness tried to take control.

I will never forget his kindness,

Ends
    In the end there was him.

My lover from during the Vong War, and enemy from during the Swarm War.

I had stood there on the ice planet. Standing proud, even as his Chiss allies glared at me in scorn. I had slaughtered their people, and tore their commanders heart to shreds.

I knew I had to make things right. His eyes were so cold, so hurt as he glared at me. Had I truly done that to him? ?Jag, we-I, I love you.?

It was a long road to recovery, but we were both determined to walk it.

First
    Our first kiss had been in a dusty conference room on Borleias.

The war had broken my body, and heart. My family too. I could feel my spirit start to crack as well. I had come so close. So close to losing him.

I couldn't stand another death. I just wasn't strong enough.

He had held me close, and told me he'd never leave.

Foolishly, I thought that I would never leave him.

He kissed me then, and I wasn't one to fight. I was tired of fighting. He was so soft, so warm and inviting.

I was finally home.

Last
    Our last kiss had been on my deathbed.

I had been so old, the years had ceased to have meaning for me. He ws old too. His hair was so white! It blended in perfectly with the scar on his brow.

His eyes still glowed, but this time it was with tears.

I was dying.

I was becoming one with the force.

It was hard letting go, especially to a place that he wasn't sure that he could follow too. I could feel my body give, and my soul break free.

My last memory was of his lips on mine.

OK, so how was that. I'll be updating rather quickly to catch up, so look for week two soon.:)

~MJ@};-

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautiful! My favorite was Ends. Lovely! =D=

In the end there was him.

My lover from during the Vong War, and enemy from during the Swarm War.

I had stood there on the ice planet. Standing proud, even as his Chiss allies glared at me in scorn. I had slaughtered their people, and tore their commanders heart to shreds.

I knew I had to make things right. His eyes were so cold, so hurt as he glared at me. Had I truly done that to him? ?Jag, we-I, I love you.?

It was a long road to recovery, but we were both determined to walk it.

3. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Hey, I have a reader![:D]
    Ironically I think that it was my favorite too. :) Originally it was 196 words. It hurt so much cutting it down.:( But hey, I guess that that is the purpose of a drabble. It teaches you to reign in your thoughts, and exercise word control.

So much easier said then done.:rolleyes:

~MJ@};-

4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Look, Sweetie, another reader! [:D]

Nice job! I liked this part very much:

He had never really fit in, but then again, who truly did? The descendants of Vader, a Hapan Princess, a towering Wookie, and a haunted orphan boy. We were a ragtag group, and we thought that we'd be together forever.

You touch on that same idea later on in "First" with:

He had held me close, and told me he'd never leave.

Foolishly, I thought that I would never leave him.

So many people in and out of Jaina's life. She badly needs someone who she can count on.

Good job. =D= Welcome to the drabbles! [face_dancing]

5. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Welcome to the drabble challenge. I will try to read when I can. Good job on the first set. I think it is most challenging when you start. As you go you will figure out about how much to write before you need to wrap up your thoughts.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    They were beautiful Mira. [face_love] I love the look thorugh time they gave us. Might I ask for PM's with each new set you post?

7. Mathom

Mathom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 2006
    Welcome to the challenge! Lovely drabbles. I loved your depiction of Jaina's love life. My favorite was Ends. You really captured that post-DN mood of hatred, dispair, and hope.

Great job! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us for next week. =D=

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Yay! More readers. Did I mention that I love you all?[face_love] Well I am nnow.:)

Thanks so much, I had thought that I wouldn't get any more readers, then you came and saved me. Ah well, just give the boards time, they always work.

I'm glad you like that part. I really did too, I first noticed that with my friends, we're all so different, and have individual problems, hopes, dreams ect. What really is normal. A princess? A orphan? Future heros of the galaxy. Remember it was a slave boy who finally defeated the emperor.

I call Jaina fickle so much, and most of the time it is in humor. People drop in and out so much. I think that some times it's just hard for her to figure out wich way is up.
    Oh well, that's just me trying to be deep.
    ;)

Yeah, I figured that that's how it would be. That's why I wanted to do these. It's a oppertunity to grow as a writer. :)

Sure I'll PM you. And anyone else who wants PM's just let me know.:)
    I'm glad you liked them. The themes were time based, so I guess that's what kicked my muse into gear. As for post DN, I couldn't stand the bug books, and I;m trying to fix the numerous problem left behind. And if angst is the way to go, then hey, I'm up for the challenge,

Although one of Han's witty one linners just may do the trick.

There's always hope though. This is Star Wars. No matter how much pro-fiction twists and turns it.

OK, I'll have week two up soon. My week is more busier than I had anticipated.

Leave me to suddenly get a life when I want to write. [
    face_rolling_eyes]

~MJ@};-

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I'll be posting week two this evening, I have stuff to do earlier in the day.
    ~MJ@};-

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Okay, so maybe it will be today instaed.:(

Curses.

~MJ
    @};-

11. JagsEternalFlame

JagsEternalFlame Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2006
    Wow, these were very beautiful, I'm just stunned. They were so bittersweet, and just really creative. Probably my favorite set written for the drabbles so far.

Begginings
    I liked the point you made about them being a ragtag group. Arent all groups like that? You're only popular to the people that matter.

Middles
    Actually a time when I like Kyp well done. She sees him as another brother, but nor a lover. UI wish we'd see more stuff between the two like this.

Ends.
    Absolute fav!!!![face_love] [face_love] =P~ They make up!

I love you just for this[:D]

First
    Alltime favotite pro fic moment. You captured this perfectly.

Last.
    :_| :_| :_| OM*G, I am still crying! That was just so beautiful, and perfect!

Thanks for the great read!:D :D

12. JagsEternalFlame

Aug 25, 2006
    Saw your author's note, and I thought thatI'd add, take your time, we're anxious to hear more, but we can wait. If we must. :(

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Here's week two. Tahiri centered. [face_batting]

Hours
    The hours after his death I spent in a daze.

The blood, the dirt, the pain and gore had all faded away. Leaving me with a numb sensation. I didn't feel, for there was still a battle to fight.

I fought tooth and nail for his body, for I didn't believe he was really dead. Latter in the bowels of a enemy ship the truth hit me hard. He was gone, he wold never come back to me. We were running for our lives from the same monsters that killed the boy I loved.

Yet I was praying for death.

Days
    Days after his death I wasn't doing any better.

My eyes were red, and swollen from crying, and I was just so tired.

Why? Why did I live, and he die?

We had so much to explore. What hurt the most is what could have been. I could have been his. He could have been mine. But that dream was torn apart, and ripped to bloody shreds.

It wasn't fair! I felt like screaming. But no words ever escaped my mouth. My mind couldn't get around the suddenly monumental task of forming words.

Only days, and I was falling apart.

Weeks
    Weeks after his death were agony.

The voice was back.

This had happened before, but it wasn't so scary. For you see, I am not the only one in my body. She is there too. But she is me as well, so how can we be different?

My head throbs, and she is there to taunt me again.

Last time he was there, he chased the voice away. He soothed my fears, and didn't stare at the scars on my brow.

But he is not here right now. Nor will he ever be.

I will have to slay this demon alone.
    Months
    Months have passed since his death.

Months and I am still not whole.

My grief is silent now, and my mind is once again at peace. I did this alone. Well not completely alone, I have friends, allies. But it isn't the same.

The was is over, and now we're picking up the mess.

I'm on a living planet. It breathes here. It's song sooths my soul, and puts my pains to rest. I smile as I think of how much he'd love it here.

It hurts me to say, but I think that my heart is on the mend.

Years
    Years have passed since his death.

I have lived a long life, and I have lived it to it's full. Yet I never loved again. That part of my heart was always reserved for him. That never bothered me though, and I have no regrets.

I have watched so many things happen to the galaxy that he died to protect. The age of war has ended, and new heroes are emerging. With it new trials as well.

Part of me wants to stay, and see this threat through.

Yet part of me knows it's time.

Anakin, I'm coming to you.

~MJ@};-

14. JagsEternalFlame

Aug 25, 2006
    [:D] [:D] [:D]

Yay, you have week two, and it didn't take you that long, merely a few extra days.:p I muct say, JJ is still my fav, but I really felt bad for Tahiri in these. You conveyed so many emotions. Pain, despiar, hope, and in the end peace. For isn't that what being one with the force is all about?[face_thinking]

Years was my definate favorite, and can't wait for the LM in week three, they'd have to be my decond favorite pairing. There's something about them that just clicks, you know what I mean?:D

OK, enough of me rambling, now I'll patiently wait.

Again.:(

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, from agonizing tragedy to a quiet reserve where she dealt with her grief.

Out of all the lines this one

It hurts me to say, but I think that my heart is on the mend.

Seems the most sad to me.

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    They were all powerful, but this was my favorite:

Weeks after his death were agony.

The voice was back.

This had happened before, but it wasn't so scary. For you see, I am not the only one in my body. She is there too. But she is me as well, so how can we be different?

My head throbs, and she is there to taunt me again.

Last time he was there, he chased the voice away. He soothed my fears, and didn't stare at the scars on my brow.

But he is not here right now. Nor will he ever be.

I will have to slay this demon alone.

Lovely! =D=

17. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Very touching! I especially liked Years. The last line said it all.

=D=

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Thaanks for reviewing everyone!:D

Yikes, sorry that I didn't reply last time, in too much of a hurry to get week two up.

I'm glad that you enjoyed them. JJ and LM they are constantly waring for favorite pairing. For me anyways. :p Hopefully I won't make you wait that long this time. :)

Yeah it was sad, but I don't see her mourning for the rest of her life. She'll move on, and once she realizes it, that might bother her more than losing him in the first place.

I'm glad that you enjoyed it.:)

Thanks, that really means alot. :)

Thanks so much to everyone who reviewed![:D] [:D] [:D]

~MJ@};-

19. JagsEternalFlame

Aug 25, 2006

See that you don't, or I will have to put you through something very painful. Involving sporks, maple syrup, and the dark corners of my imagination:p

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004

[face_laugh] LOL

Is that a promise or a threat?

Oh well, I'm not particularly in the mood to find out, so I'll just have to kick my muse into action.;)

~MJ@};-

21. JagsEternalFlame

Aug 25, 2006

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

See that you do.

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Here's week three, full of LM angst, and hope. :)

Week Three

Red

Everything was red.

The sky above as it rolled and rumbled, the ground beneath her as it mixed with the cinnamon sand.

Her hands were red. Stained crimson with the blood of her first victim. Bathed in scarlet, they shook as her mind slowly became her own.

Her heart hammered, and her breath caught in her throat.

Everything was so red . . .and it was spreading. Onto her skin, the ground, and clothes. Bile rose in her throat.

In service to the crown fifteen year old Mara Jade took her first life.

She knows that red is the color of death.

Gray
    Everything was gray.

There was no black. No white.

Just that murky space in between.

She wanted to kill him. She wanted to kill him so badly. That was black. Yet something cut through the murderous haze. It held her back, softly whispering that she'd regret it. That murder was not the answer. That was white.

She told herself that she didn't care. That the naive, impossibly sweet Jedi master meant nothing to her. It was getting harder to pretend. He smiled and waved to her, and her heart sang.

She now knows that gray is the color of denial.

White
    Her dress was white.

Funny, she never imagined herself wearing this dress. Ever.

White symbolized purity. Cleanliness. She was far from pure. Her hands were figuratively covered. She looked down, and expected to see the beautiful dress stained with blood.

From across the force she felt Luke's love and encouragement once he sensed her thoughts. She smiled, corrected.

She could see the blood drain away.

Taking a deep breath she smiled in front of the mirror. The white satin swirled with her movements, and pooled at her feet. Awe colored her jade eyes, and happiness fell over her. She was getting married! Her, married.

For her, white is the color of redemption.

Black
    Everything was black now.

Her perfect life had crashed and burned, going up in the flames of war.

Her hope was dying, slowly being eaten away and torn by a foreign desease. She was dying, her world slowly fading to black.

She saw people's eyes. Foreign, and haunted. They were black. Her brother's grief at losing a dear friend. Her sister's pain at losing a child. That was black. The darkness in Jaina's mind, the creature tearing at Tahiri's mind. They were all so black.

Her hands tightened over her womb in pain.

Black . . . that was the color of war.

Blue
    Her son's eyes. They were blue.

In the middle of the war he shone like a beacon in the dark, and cut through the blackness. There was a light at the end of every tunnel, and she felt confident that she'd reach it.

Her son, like his father before him, made her hope.

During evry battle she saw their eyes, and she found depths of strength untold. She would live! She wouldn't fall. They would all pull through. They wouldn't be exterminated in some 'holy' war.

Why?

Because there was no other choice.

Blue . . . that was the color of hope.

~MJ@};-

23. JagsEternalFlame

Aug 25, 2006
    Wow, those were beautiful. I'll come back with a longer reply latter.

24. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I like your title bit--"LM Goodness" :D

These were very nice! I loved White and Blue most especially. Great job getting into Mara's head!

25. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Wonderful take there of the colours of Mara's life!!

Well done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.