main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shards of Jade (I'm finally doing the drabble) Finished with J/J for week 20

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Thank-you! You always flatter me so.[face_blush] :D

Thanks! I really have no idea where that came from. I'm never lyrical.:p

~MJ
    @};-

2. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Week Twelve!

Good

It was dawn at the Jedi Academy on Ossus. The sun raised to greet the somber group of rising students, and the more patient grins of those who detested the morning.

Mara was one of those people.

She loved the night, but hated to get up and greet the day. There was something about that first ray of light that irked her to no end. The way it so stubbornly said, ?I'm here! I'm bright! And you must all bend to my will!?

Oddly enough Luke loved the morning, farmboy he was.

She got up only to be with him.

Evil
    After a enriching morning highlighted by strong cups of caf, Mara got ready to face the day, and Luke left her to receive a visiting ambassador from the Capitol.

The ambassador, she was a ghost from Mara's past, and the scorn and contempt the almost victim looked at her with shook her to her very core.

Mara shuddered, and tried to quell the ghosts that suddenly raged to life again.

She may think of herself as repentant, and changed of her ways, but others still saw her as evil. They didn't think she'd change.

Some glares hurt more than most.

Dream
    The condemning woman left, and Luke immediately made his way to her side.

She looked up at him with large, greatful eyes, yet she didn't elaborate on the cause of her pain. Through their bond his worry washed over her, and she smiled at him as he embraced her, and whispered sweet nothings in her ear. Calmly seeking to chase away whatever demon that plagued her this time around.

He didn't ask her of the cause of her pain, he knew that she'd tell him when she was ready.

Distantly Mara thinks that she must be living in a dream.

Nightmare
    That night it was hard for her to sleep.

Her dreams were haunted and plagued by dreams of victims long past, ans ones new. This time around she saw herself during the war with Grand Admiral Thrawn. She didn't spare Luke, she killed him in cold blood, and he never once condemned her. He just smiled sadly, and said he was sorry.

She woke in a cold sweat, and tried to control the raged beating of her heart.

It was just a dream. A nightmare.

She looked over at Luke and tried to reassure herself that he was still there.

Truth
    Her struggles didn't go unnoticed for Luke must have felt her anxiety. He was used to these late night dreams, and he didn't say anything as he embraced her and let her cry out her fears. Brokenly she explained the councilor, and her latest nightmare, and then listen as he once again reasoned with her, and convinced her of her own worthiness.

She felt a foreign sense of peace some over her, and she smiled at him, before moving to lay down, still securely wrapped in his arms.

It seemed that all of her wrongs were made right in him.

~MJ
    @};-

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    What a wonderful set. Just sings out in love and it seems the day's made a bit brighter.

I really enjoyed that mushy goodness! [face_love]

4. JagsEternalFlame

JagsEternalFlame Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2006
    Squee!

That was so utterly addorable![face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Good was my favorite. It sounded like me in the morning.[face_blush] :p

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    *swoops in*

My L/M mush radar went off! :p

Oh, these were wonderful. Just the right amount of mush: very loving and not sappy at all! Great job showing Mara's fears and her ability to deal with them, with and without Luke. (But mostly with. [face_love] ;))

:D

*swoops out*

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks! Isn't mush just wonderful? :p

Aww, thanks.[face_blush]

So you're like me in the morning?:p

Mostly with, of course. Heeheehee:p [face_love]

I'm glad that you enjoyed them.:D

Thanks!:)

~MJ
    @};-

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    OC this is Kyp, and my OC from a earlier week.

Enjoy the mush!;)

Kiss

Their first Kiss wasn't planned.

She was yelling at him again, about something he was sure that he wasn't doing wrong, and he was just listening enough so that she wouldn't yell at him for not paying attention.

Well, Kyp was a self respecting man, and he had his limits.

In retrospect, maybe he shouldn't have kissed her to shut her up.

Yet her clear blue eyes had gone comically wide, and the moment she had raised her hand to slap him had been one of the most memorable moments in his life.

Oh well, at least she shut up.

Hug

The slap had bruised. He was sure of it. She had just shrugged and smirked prettily.

She had totally forgot why she was mad at him though.

Kyp thought that maybe their were some unknown advantages to this whole relationship thing, and was determined to exploit them.

Oddly enough she was only too eager, slapping aside, and soon they were a well known couple.

When he told Han of what had happened the weathered old smuggler just laughed, and said if she had force powers then he'd be dead. Leia smile and said that maybe he should have hugged her.

Smile
    The day that she had finally said that she loved him was the happiest day of his life.

He hadn't expected it, at all. Yet he had crashed mid battle, and was almost killed by the swarm of corralskippers. When she had found him she had sobbed in relief, and clutched him to her.

For the first time he had seen her cry, and she hiccuped as she demanded that he never scare her like that again.

Her admission that she loved him was quiet, but he had heard her.

Oddly enough her ribs hadn't hurt so much after that.

Frown
    Of course, as in any relationship, there are ups and downs.

She had a fiery personality that matched her hair, and her cool blue eyes would flash at him in a way that he just knew that he was in trouble.

This had it's perks.

Jaina Solo, his former apprentice, and now happily engaged ex-stalker, had been shocked to see the red headed beauty so close to Kyp.

Kyran hadn't taken to any competition, and the way she had clung to him, and flashed her eyes at the bewildered brunette Jedi.

Kyp had caught Jag's eye and smiled.

Women.

Laugh
    The war was over, and she had launched herself into his arms laughing.

?We won! We won! We finally won!? She exclaimed as he twirled her around.

He smiled up into her laughing blue eyes, and a deeper thought hit him. 'She's so happy. Maybe I can ask her now. The wars over, and I need to have a family.'

Her eyes were so deep, he thought he's drown.

He took the biggest gamble of his life, and prayed desperately to the force that it wouldn't backfire like the rest of his gambles.

?Will you marry me??

She said yes.

~MJ@};-

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, those told a lovely story.

I think Kiss is my favorite.

In retrospect, maybe he shouldn't have kissed her to shut her up.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

10. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Oh, that was sweet. Kyppie gets the girl! [face_love]

11. JagsEternalFlame

Aug 25, 2006
    Aww! So mushy sweet![face_love]

A few typos, but a wonderfl read!

Loved Kiss. It served him right.[face_laugh]

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I didn't leave a comment? :eek: Shame on me!

Now, here you go!

I absolutely LOVED it! [face_love]
    All of it!
    I also liked the haikus, they were pretty funny.

And it's nice to see Kyp with that girl. (though I'm a J/K shipper) :)

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Kiss, mine too. I'm better at humor than at mush. :p

And it's about time, isn't it? ;) [face_laugh]

Yep, I have to edit.[face_blush]

I just don't eem to have time.:rolleyes:

Well, you left a coment now.

Thanks a million!:D

I'm a hardened JJer yet Kyp was in the first Star Wars book I ever read, (Darksaber) and I have loved him ever since.[face_love]

Just not with Jaina. He knew her when she was so young. That just rubs me the wrong way.

~MJ@};-

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I'm only a week behind!

This week . . . Raynar and Lusa.[face_love]

Sun
    ?I hate the sun.?

?You. Are a wimp.?

?That wasn't very nice.?

She shakes her cinnamon mane, and rolls her eyes while behind her Raynar Thul struggles to keep up with her long, smooth strides. ?It isn't fair.? He says as he jumps over one particularly large Massassi boulder. ?You don't burn like I do.?

The centaur looked behind her, and flashed him a grin. He can't help but feel slightly better at that. ?No I don't burn. Yet you don't have to clean four hooves.

Raynar glowers, yet he says nothing. He has learned to let her be right.

Moon
    ?I love the moon.? She says wistfully.

Raynar looks up at the red moon hovering over Yavin IV tropical jungles and shrugs. He had seen a thousand moons, and many of him were more lovely than this. ?I've seen better.?

She rolls her eyes. ?Can't you ever stop comparing things. This is beautiful in it's own way.? She smiled ruefully. ?no two diamonds are the same, and yet each is priceless.?

He smiled. ?Must you turn everything into a lesson??

?Only until my missions is complete.?

?What mission??

?To make you appreciate life.?

He doesn't say anything. He appreciates her.

Stars

She reclines on her back in what seemed to him to be a uncomfortable position, and she watched the stars above by the nighttime river. He is amused as she list off every one she wants to visit.

As the son of a trader he can point out most to her, and she listens with rapt attention as he speaks of his travels. He loves that glint in her eyes, and he will do anything to put it there as often as he can.

Now she smiles at him, and said, ?When I leave will you come with me??

?Always.?

Clouds
    Oddly enough the day they graduated was cloudy.

She was smiling, a grin that didn't quite reach her eyes as she watched all of the other newly dubbed Apprentices be hugged and congratulated by their parents. Raynar's mother came too. She was so proud of him. ?Now you can come and take your father's place.?

Lusa doesn't know what to think as she watches Raynar blindly listen to his mother.

It is a day of goodbyes. ?I'll miss you Raynar.?

?Lusa . . .? He begins, but she can't hear what he says.

?Goodbye Raynar.?

She never got to say she loved him.

Planets

She died on some unchartered planet. Another innocent victim of the increasingly bloody war. He couldn't help but think that if he had been there this could have been avoided.

So he clutched her broken body to him, and whispered against her cinnamon name, ?Lusa, you can't be gone . . . You just can't! I promise, I love the sun now! There is a beauty in everything, and finally I see that now. I still think of your eyes every time I see stars in the sky.?

On some unknown planet a boy cried next to a love that was never realized.

~MJ@};-

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Wonderful set. Loved Moon, made me chuckle and enjoy it. Made reading Planets all the more tragic. :(

16. JagsEternalFlame

Aug 25, 2006
    Beautiful, as always!=D=

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks. I tried not to make them angsty, yet at the end it just sorta rolled out . . .:oops:

Aww shucks.[face_blush] Thanks!

~MJ@};-

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Week 15. Allana drabbles.:)

Indifferent

Growing up I never had a father.

It never bothered me. I had mommy and that was enough. On a planet female dominated, it wasn't a very rare thing to have no father, for the male line was seen as a weakness.

Yet that was in theory, and I would watch from my palace tower as the other little girls played, and spun with their fathers. I felt a odd feeling gather in my stomach, like the time mommy had tried cooking, and I wrote it off as apathy. For I couldn't be envious.

Now I am not so sure.

Exhausted
    On the eve of my eleventh lifeday I met him.

He was . . . not what I expected. Tall, rugged, with brown eyes that I imagined used to be warm. Now they were cold, and dark, yet even I could see the strange relief that they shone with as he saw my mother.

Mother . . . she was so happy. Even as she yelled angrily at him, in a way that her soft spoken voice could only manage. Her gray eyes glowed, and she fairly glowed in the force.

I decided I didn't like him, for mother would not look that way for me.

Hopeful
    Father stayed.

He stayed. He had said something about a planet called Corellia, and a young man's death. I had no idea who 'Ben' was, yet obviously he was someone close for him to mourn the loss. I couldn't help that notice that he looked guilty.

Eventually I became accustomed to his presence, and began to hope that maybe things could stay this way. I wanted him, I was surprised to realize. I wanted him there to keep mom happy, I wanted him there to twirl and play with me like the other girls and their fathers.

Hope is foolish.

Relaxed
    The years rolled by, and on a day I will always remember, she came.

She called herself Mara Jade, and she had such a coldness in her eyes.

I should have known that something was wrong.

She had yelled at my father, calling him awful things. Like 'coward' and 'murderer.' I listened unnoticed as she spouted falsehoods about a hunter named Ailyn Vel, and a Jedi called Jaina Solo. Had she died too? At last, after too many gross crimed to mention, she came to Ben Skywalker.

I read the truth in her eyes, and the pain in her aura.

My father was a murderer, and Hapes was his hideaway.

Restless
    I'm anxious now.

For the first time I have traveled off Hapes, and now I sit in a courtroom on Ossus while my father awaited judgment.

I don't know what to think. I'm angry, angry that he used my mother's love as a shield against him crimes. I was incredulous to his actions. I had thought that the days of Vader were over, and I hated seeing his crimes. I hated him though. I hated him for making me love him, and think that I could have a family.

I can honestly say that I hope the verdict is true.

~MJ@};-

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow. We really see quite alot of insight into Allana. Poor girl, sems her life is so full of longing and pain.

Beautifully written Mira. [face_love]

20. JagsEternalFlame

Aug 25, 2006
    I'm anxious now.

For the first time I have traveled off Hapes, and now I sit in a courtroom on Ossus while my father awaited judgment.

I don't know what to think. I'm angry, angry that he used my mother's love as a shield against him crimes. I was incredulous to his actions. I had thought that the days of Vader were over, and I hated seeing his crimes. I hated him though. I hated him for making me love him, and think that I could have a family.

I can honestly say that I hope the verdict is true.

Oh. me too.:mad:

Jacen has me soooo mad![face_frustrated]

nice insight into Allan though. Poor girl.:(

21. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I loved these insights into Allana! Just wonderfully done.

Bravo! =D=

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Thats how I see Allana.

Thanks for reviewing, it means the world to me.:)

Jacen makes you made?[face_batting] *Bows to a partner in crime*

Maybe we should start a club?[face_thinking] Anyway, I'm glad that you enjoyed these.

Thanks!

~MJ@};-

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Week 16

Happy
    ?I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.?

The priest didn't need to say so more than once, and his lips fastened over hers. She smiled as he pulled away, and his blue eyes sparkled. He smiled back at her, and she felt giddy.

Married.

To spend the rest of their lives together. Mara felt her heart swell, they may have gotten off to a late start, but she had such a sense of completion running through her . . .

She sighed in completeness's, and she felt Luke's joy through the force.

How could things get any better?

Gloomy

A honey moon on a beautiful tropical island, and it had rained.

For five days straight.

Now she was getting edgy.

She was used to saving the galaxy, and bounding off from one mission to the other. She felt a twitch start to develop in her right eye. The staleness didn't even bother him! He just sat there . . . With a grin on his face, and meditating!

Mara smiled evilly, and picked up one of the numerous. Her target in sight, she moved forward with caution. She hoped he liked pillow fights.

He really needed to learn how to lighten up.

Stressed
    ?What will they think of me?!?

Mara was beyond nervous.

?I'm sure that they'll love you.?

Luke tried to comfort her.

She looked out of the ship's viewport, and saw the size of the crowd waiting to greet the returning hero Luke Skywalker, and his new life. They just didn't know that his new wife was her, a ex-Imperial assassin.

Weren't they going to be thrilled.

Luke sighed, and moved closer to her. ?It doesn't matter if they love you. I love you.?

She melted, and smiled slightly. Her heart calmed it's beat enough for her to smile back

Content
    She absolutely loved life at home.

She stayed with Luke on Yavin IV, in a home. A actual, real home!

Not a apartment, or stateroom on a ship. A actual home. With flowers out front, and a kitchen, and the sound of children running around just off in the distance.

She had a handsome husband, a wondrous home, and a hope for the future that she didn't previously had before.

She saw Luke playing with the youngest of the Jedi-to-be, and she smiled as her eyes met his.

She was as happy as a girl could possibly be.

Cranky
    There was only one side effect of being married, Mara decided.

She now wanted kids.

The hard part was making Luke agree. She had a perfect vision of a little girl with blonde hair and dazzling green eyes. Or maybe a little boy with gleaming red hair, and sparkling baby blue eyes. She got giddy just thinking about it!

Luke on the other hand thought of practical things, such as the condition of the galaxy, and them constantly leaving on missions, and the threat of kidnappers and assassins.

Mara just blew it off as him having a fear of diapers.

~MJ@};-

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh, how sweet. Loved seeing a more domestic Mara. Funny how much we want to be wife and mother.

Mara just blew it off as him having a fear of diapers.

Ha!!! Love that last line!!

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Well I couldn't make it serious. Heeheehee.:p

I'm glad that you enjoyed them.

The rest of my readers seem to have deserted me . . .:(

~MJ@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.