main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shards of Jade (I'm finally doing the drabble) Finished with J/J for week 20

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    :D

I really like those... but this one is the best:

Cranky
    There was only one side effect of being married, Mara decided.

She now wanted kids.

The hard part was making Luke agree. She had a perfect vision of a little girl with blonde hair and dazzling green eyes. Or maybe a little boy with gleaming red hair, and sparkling baby blue eyes. She got giddy just thinking about it!

Luke on the other hand thought of practical things, such as the condition of the galaxy, and them constantly leaving on missions, and the threat of kidnappers and assassins.

Mara just blew it off as him having a fear of diapers.

I had always thought they would tink exactly the other way round, especially during the first years of their marriage, but this could be believable as well.

just cute,:D

cheers,

VeryBusy

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, I loved these! A pillowfight! [face_laugh] And I really loved this one:

She absolutely loved life at home.

She hasn't had a real home in a long, long time... and she much deserves one.

Loved them! :D

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi!!!
    Loved that!!
    All the different emotions fit the drabbles perfectly :D So glad it's Mara who wanted kids... :) And Luke's fear of diapers [face_laugh]
    Happy and Content were touching. Gloomy, strangely enough, made me grin. I LOVE PILLOW FIGHTS!
    Especially between L/M when he would likely end up tickling and smooching her in a mound of pillows, and they end up ... Hee!!! Not being ... bored anymore! [face_love] :* [face_laugh]

4. JagsEternalFlame

JagsEternalFlame Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2006
    Awww!

I loved the lm goodness![face_love]

The fear of diapers was priceless!

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Wow, thanks for the nice comment![:D]

You see, I always saw Luke that way too, but Mara never had a real family, so I think that she may even want it more than him.

Just a bunny that bit, and wouldn't let go.:p

She does. Amen to everything you said.:)

Thanks for the nice review!

Gloomy was my favorite. Hmmmm, wouldn't that make a nice one-shot . . . .[face_thinking]

Anyone who doesn't fear diapers scares me. Luke included. Hee.

Week 17 up as soon as I can type it!

~MJ@};-

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I gave Kyp a girl, so now I have to do the same with Zekk.

Oh, he should have run while he had a chance.[face_devil]

Nothing

At first she was nothing to him.

A simple human in the Taat hive.

He had met her during one of the rare moments that Jaina wasn't glued to her side, and even being alone with another woman while Jaina wasn't with him felt like sacrilege.

She had smiled, a grin that didn't quite reach her Joiner glazed eyes, and asked him who she was, even though her arms rubbed against his, and her mind melded with his.

She read his life in a single glance, literally, and he now wonders why he didn't even get a glimpse of hers.

Everything
    Her memory was pushed further away in the events to follow.

He thought that he had a chance. He was gone, so naturally she should have gone with him.

He was so blind, and he had enjoyed every minute of it. He was content to bask in her shadow, and hope that one day she would turn the light of her attention on him.

He was her partner, her friend, and confidant.

He wanted to be so much more.

Yet he wasn't that much to her, a friend and nothing more.

She never knew that she was everything to him.

Now
    Now they are nothing.

Her pilot has came back, and her eyes had lit up so brightly that he had literally felt a pang in his chest at how happy she looked.

Had she ever looked like that to him? Had he, in the last decade they had spent together, ever made her smile so brilliantly?

There was no room for him now, and with a heavy heart, and broken stride he had turned away.

He was happy for her. He told himself. He jut wanted her to be happy. So, so happy . . . .

Even if she were happy without him.

Forever
    She had found him after that.

Alone in the mess hall she had approached him with a small, shy smile on her tight lips, and a unsure look in her haunted, yet unbelievably familiar eyes.

He had cared less when she had sat down next to him, and he had been apathetic when she saw him again after that.

After that as well.

Yet coffee turned into lunch, and lunch had turned into dinner. Chatter morphed into conversations. And small jibes became full blown taunts.

Amazingly it seemed to take him forever for him to realize that he loved her.

Fate
    It took him a while for him to see sense.

Actually it took a month of sleeping on the couch, and finally a very small, yet effective fist of his former idol sealed the deal.

Jaina had made him see sense, and the guilt of loving a girl other than Jaina began to ebb as she carefully set him straight with a fluentcy usually eluded her.

She never apologized for decking him.

Now he is happily married to Ayauki, and he can hear his children play in the yard with Jaina's children.

He can't imagine it being any other way.

~MJ@};-

7. JagsEternalFlame

Aug 25, 2006
    Usually I don't like Zekk.

I'm a horrid JJ shipper that way.

Yet I enjoyed these. it's nice to see him with a happy ending. I loved Jaina not appologizing for 'decking' him.[face_laugh]

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh, I so love happy endings. :D :D This set was marvelous!

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Brodden your horizons. Zekk is awesome . . . .[face_batting]

And did you expect Jaina to appologize? Hee;)

Thank-you!:D

~MJ@};-

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Mara and Luke during Timothy Zahn's first trilogy. Enjoy![:D]

Week Eighteen

Eyes

Maybe it was the eyes that bewitched him.

It had to be, for even as the warning bells were flickering in his head he couldn't seem to take his own eyes away from hers.

They were green, yet not any normal green, the were a dazzling shade that would rival the deepest forest, and put Vantomir's best emeralds to shame.

Her hands shook as they held the blaster, yet her eyes did not waver.

They shot sparks when she was angry, and they had shadows in them when they were confused.

The shadows did wonders to illuminate the sparks though.

Nose
    She smelled like the forest.

Or maybe the forest smelled like her.

He's not sure, all that he knows is that he was actually happy on Myrkr's. Yep, he was happy as a force blinded captive following a woman who anyone wouldn't dare to call insane, for she would have their head in the next moment, and no one would doubt the claim of the deceased.

She glared at him, and he wondered if she could read minds.

Yet, he shrugged, things really couldn't get much worse, and he was happy just to bask in the smell of the forest.

Ears
    His ears were ringing when he finally understood.

She didn't want me dead. Only her long dead master, and he felt compassion for her as he watched her bury her head in her hands as if to drown out the voices that were undoubtedly whispering to her.

If he had the force he had considered sending it out to help sooth her, even though he knew she would not even appreciate his efforts.

When she figured out that he was the son of Vader things changed.

He wasn't sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing.

Throat
    Eventually she held a blade to his throat.

And couldn't finish the job.

Her hand was quivering, and tears were streaming from her eyes.

He could imagine that he could hear the voices in her mind, and he still felt his heart reach out for her, even as she struggled against the command to kill him.

Eventually the blade clattered as it hit the forest ground.

She shook, and told him to go away. She still couldn't control herself, and she didn't want to kill him.

Still, he felt something inside of him warm.

She hadn't want to kill him.

Skin
    Her skin was glistening after she killed him.

Shinning, and shimmering with perspiration, as she doubled over and let the blue and black light wash over her in unholy waves.

Eventually she looked up, and walked shakily over to him. She collapsed in his arms, and finally let herself cry, and he held her through her tears. ?It is done.? She finally whispered, and she smiled morbidly. ?I told you that I couldn't kill you.?

She never could, and as he helped her walk away he realized that she helped him to live.

Someday he hopes to return the favor.

~MJ@};-

11. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Those were wonderful. Can't even pick a favorite as they work so very well together. Lovely set. :)

12. JagsEternalFlame

Aug 25, 2006
    Wow.

I loved these, yet eyes was my favorite. Gotta love early Luke and Mara.;)

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Awe. Thanks.[face_blush]

Glad you enjoyed them!

~MJ@};-

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    For week 19 I give you Benella mush.

One

It was quite simple the way he saw it.

He was one, and she was one.

There was a war going on outside, and the adults said that they'd be safer here. Ben still didn't know if he believed them, for he could feel people dying on all sides, and this place that they sent the Jedi children too . . . . could that be safe?

Yet he met her there. A girl his age called Jysella Horn. She was alone, and he was alone. Together they could play, and talk quietly until their parents came back for them.

Now they were two.

Three
    Eventually they were three.

For he had a new mentor, his idol Jacen Solo.

He tried to ignore the way Jysella looked at him, and ignored how Jacen would talk and laugh with her She'd blush prettily, and her smile was so hopefully large when ever she though that he wasn't looking.

Yet Ben was looking. Ben saw..

He harrumphed, it really shouldn't matter, Jysella was a friend and nothing more.

So why was he jealous?

He heard Jacen say something, and she laughed prettily in response.

The urge to clamp his ears shut was a very strong one indeed.

Five
    Five days and he was ready to break.

So he did the only thing that he could think of.

He pulled her off to the side, and kissed her.

Hard.

There was something magical about the moment when there lips met, and he felt himself reveling in feelings, and emotions that he had never felt before.

In some distant, free part of his mind that wasn't surrounded by Jysella he realized that this was something that he had been missing out on.

He pulled away, and looked down at her sparkling green eyes.

There was a way to fix that . . . .

Seven
    Seven years after that the war ended.

Corellia blazed in it's death throws, and he laid his cousin's bloodied body down on the ground.

I killed him. He thought unbelievably.

I killed him.

A few feet away the one he had spared by taking a life looked up at him with wide, tear filled eyes.

?Ben?? She said, her voice sounding lost and far away, and shakily he went over to her so that he could collapse bonelessly in her arms, and her small hands clung to his hair, and chased the all consuming guilt away.

It was worth it.

Nine
    Nine years after the war had ended they were wed.

She smiled at him, and he felt himself fill up with pride and joy.

After all of the pain that had led to this point, after all of the battles they had thought, they had finally made it through, and looked forward to a life filled with the laughter and peace.

He shrugged, for he knew that soon the galaxy would call on him again.

Yet . . . .

It seemed that he had some free time.

He smiled, and bent down and kissed his new wife's upturned mouth.

The galaxy could wait.

~MJ@};-

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Loved the story this set told. Three is perhaps my favorite. Can't help but chuckle at a jealous Ben. ;)

16. verybusy

Sep 18, 2006
    Aaahhh... I already missed two sets here![face_worried]

.... and two sets with a Happy ending.[face_mischief]

I like the fact that you let Zekk find a girl and that it is NOT Jaina :D and Ben's jealousy is just adorable.

cheers,

VeryBusy

17. JagsEternalFlame

Aug 25, 2006
    Oh, I loved the mush even though I am not familiar with the couple.

Well, I know the characters, but . . . . argh, I think you get my point.

Great job!=D=

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, you have to laugh at that. ;)

Awe, no harm done, I'm just glad that you replied to these.[:D]

Perfectly.;)

~MJ

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Week 20: Jag and Jaina. LoTF speculation

A Light in the Dark

She was broken.

Plain and simple.

He was bent.

This wasn't as simple.

Yet she was cold and alone, with a war waging on all sides, and her family tearing itself apart in the name of right and wrong.

He was waiting, at the sidelines, out of reach, or maybe just out of sight.

He was exhausted.

She was so tired.

So very tired,

Tired of fighting, tired of trying to be strong. She just wanted to melt away, and leave Corellia to it's own destruction.

Yet she's the Sword of the Jedi.

It's impossible for her to ever run.

Steer by the Stars
    She stayed. Like a good Jedi. Like a good daughter.

Like an awful sister.

Yet maybe it was a good thing, for the force could forgive her wickedness just this one . . .

She saw him again.

It wasn't really any surprise.

He was back to fight for the almost forgotten home of his ancestors.

Yet she knows that he thinks himself more Chiss than anything else.

Could there be more than that reason for his return?

She can only dare to hope, and above her the stars twinkle as if teasing the dreams of one who lived only to be denied.

Shake the Heavens
    When they met it was electrifying.

So she liked to think.

Their eyes locked, and an unspoken sentiment was shared just by the burning of pale green on brandy brown.

She ignored the shivers that seemed to engulf her, and hastily turned to leave.

His eyes followed her the whole time.

She ran and once she was far enough away that she couldn't feel his tantalizing aura brush up against her she let go in shaking sobs.

She dried her eyes, and at length her gaze hardened.

She was tired of running.

Perhaps it was time to shake the heavens.

Beneath These Hands

Beneath her hands was him.

Rising chest; unsure, shaky breaths, and beautiful eyes grazed with uncertainty.

She could only smile, even as the battle raged on around them. ?You caught me.? She said simply.

The uncertainty in his eyes faded, and she almost wanted to melt in happiness as his feelings played happily across hers in the force. ?Always.?

It's just like old times.

She rose and tentatively helped him to his feet.

Amazingly his hand never left hers, and she felt her heart skyrocket as they walked hand in hand across the fading battlefield.

He still hasn't let go.

The Path and the Walker

Maybe it was destiny.

Yet the force prompted, and she was there, ready to walk, or maybe more ready to run down the aisle.

It had taken her years to come to her senses and now they were stronger for it.

Corellia had fallen, and her brother had been defeated. She had lost a sibling, yet gained a husband.

She has to say that she had the better end of the deal, as morbid as that sounded.

In the distance she heard the bridal march sound.

She started boldly down her path, and not even once has she looked back.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss! I finished![face_dancing]

A big shoutout to everyone who read and reviewed, and of course to Zonoma for hosting the challenge.

It was so much fun.:D

~MJ@};-

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh, those were lovely. Hard to pick a favorite among those. [face_love]

21. verybusy

Sep 18, 2006
    :D So A Happy Ending for Jaina and Jag....:D

A great way to end this challenge. I like them all.

cheers,

VeryBusy

22. JagsEternalFlame

Aug 25, 2006
    I found it! I found it!

And I love it!

Great way to complete the challenge!

I loved every single week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.