main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shards of the Heart: A/A AU Epi 3 with OCs and RK! *IMPORTANT NOTE--PLEASE READ!*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Leia_6669, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Ok, I decided that I needed to change this intro. I have made several changes since starting this story, and I hope that it will all be for the better. ;) I'm still asking for everyone to be nice, as this is still my first story, and the first one that I have gone more than two chapters on. (I'm so proud of me!)

The most major change is that this has become a Star Wars / Ruroni Kenshin crossover. For those who may not be familiar, Ruroni Kenshin is an anime set in 1870's Japan that concentrates on Kenshin Himura, a samarai and ex-assassin who is trying to come to terms with his past as a manslayer. After the Revolution, he made a vow to never kill again, and now uses a sakabatou, or reverse-blade sword, which cannot kill. Several characters will appear in different parts of the story, but mostly in supporting roles. For any who are interested, Cartoon Network (USA) is showing it at 11pm on Saturday nights. Unfortunatly at this time it is almost at the end of the second season, but it will give you a good idea for the characters.

All characters from RK will be noted when they appear, and are property of Nobuhiro Watsuki.

I am also borrowing from Anne McCaffrey's The Dragonriders of Pern Series, mainly in the creation of the ryuu's (which is Japaneese for dragons) and their abilities, as well as some of the social layout. Great books, and my first sci-fi love!

I also want to throw out thanks to Anne Rice since the names for the ryuu's come from her Vampire Chronicles. Another world I want to go play in!

To George Lucas, creator of all things Star Wars, Thank You for this wonderful galaxy in which I can blend all these elements into what I hope is a truly unique Anakin Redemption (?) story.

And Princess1, my faithful beta, So many thanks for all the help and support so far on this. Without you, this would not have gone as far as it has! [face_love]

This story begins roughly 2 months after Palpatine has declared himself Emperor. Anakin has been working under him on various missions for the past nine months, and has not been seen for most of the past six. Until....

Shards of the Heart

Prologue

The cold water she splashed upon her face did nothing to dissipate her shock. Half a day later the shock remained with her, totally enveloping her in the numbness. Several flashes from the earlier battle continued to haunt her. Anakin searching for her. Mace stepping forward to buy them some time for escape. When Mace refused to give her location, Anakin struck him down without a second thought. Rage turning towards Obi-Wan as he tried to reason with the insanity before him. Nearly being struck down himself. Anakin mysteriously collasping, the only reason they had escaped.

Another splash of the brisk water and she shut it off, raising weary eyes to study the image before her for any signs of herself. Haunted, red-rimmed eyes met her gaze, encased in ghostly pale skin stretched taut over delicate bones. Limp locks fell around the face, the color now a dull brown. No hint of her former radiance shone through, no matter how hard she looked.

As hard as she had been trying to refuse the evidence of yesterday's battle, she now refused the face before her. It wasn't her. It couldn't be. Her eyes could see it, but her heart refused to believe.

*You can lie until your brain believes it, but your heart still knows the truth.*

Tearing her eyes from the painful reflection, she left the 'fresher and sat on her downy bed, totally numb. She felt as though someone had flipped a switch, cutting off contact with emotions which had become nothing more than an abstract concept.

She noticed her journal on her bedstand, and thought that writing may help. She made an attempt at comfort, piling the plentitude of soft, silky pillows against the headboard before leaning against them. It helped her body, but not her soul. She picked up her journal, the empty page staring at her as she regretfully wondered if all this could have been avoided had she not given in to her

2. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Wow.

Talk about starting with a bang!

3. Seraph-Skywalker

Seraph-Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2002
    This story is off to a great start. I hope you post more soon :)

4. returnofthejeni

returnofthejeni Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    WOW!! This is great!!!

5. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001

Great start, like I said before. :D I loooove being your beta reader, that means I get to read post before everyone else. :p :D

6. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I see you've started on an uplifting note! :p

Well, it worked. You've certainly got my attention! It's quite an elaborate backstory you've set up to begin the tale -- Anakin's fall to the dark side, a terrible battle, a narrow escape, and Padme's heartbroken state for what has happened to Anakin. :eek:

I'll definitely stick around to see where we go from here! :D (And learn more about how we got here too, right? ;))

Looking forward to more. :cool:

7. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Wow! I wasn't expecting such a response! [face_blush] This is the first time I've shared a story with more than just a few close friends, and was nervous about what kind of response I'd get. Thank You Everyone! :D

I have Ch1 to my betas, and will post it in a week, maybe sooner depending on how many rewrites I end up doing. Sometimes I hate being a perfectionist, but such is life! I'll also get to individual responses in a day or two, as DRL allows! [face_sigh]

Thanks again, and more will be coming! Backstory and all! ;)

--later--

8. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    OK, this fell to page three, so I felt the need to rescue it. But I also have some good news.

Chapter 1 will be ready ahead of schedule! I should have it ready by Thursday! :D I hope I don't disappoint.

darla101: Talk about starting with a bang!

Thanks! [face_blush] Most of what I write seems to!

Seraph_Skywalker: This story is off to a great start.

It's off and running!

returnofthejeni: WOW!! This is great!!!

Glad you like it! Wow, I'm [face_blush] again!

Princess1: I loooove being your beta reader

I love having you beta! [face_love]

DarthLex: I see you've started on an uplifting note!

I'm such an uplifting person! [face_mischievious] No really, I am! :D

(And learn more about how we got here too, right?)

Oh yeah, I'll give you a hint here and there! ;)

Hopefully Chapter 2 will cooperate so there won't be too long of a wait between. Until next post...

--later--

9. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Well the Jedi talk a lot about balance and this is it.:) My fic is angsty but ultimately happy this is just OUCH!! Very good job though, and I cheer loudly for your reviews, congrats! You'll pardon me if I don't read it before bed, bad dreams would certainly follow. Nice start and keep it up. I'll try and keep up but I have three fics to work on. I believe you know one of them, so I might have some catching up to do. Anyway great (albeit very sad) job.:)

10. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    JDH3:Well the Jedi talk a lot about balance and this is it.:)

You'll find that balance plays a major role in this one. But this balance is not exactly what the Jedi have in mind.

You'll pardon me if I don't read it before bed, bad dreams would certainly follow.

I never claimed to be writing bedtime stories. [face_laugh]

Anyway great (albeit very sad) job.:)

Thanks! [face_blush] I do my best!

New post tomorrow! Though it may be towards night.

--later--

11. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Hey! I didn't take me all day to get this up. So, here for your reading pleasure is Chapter one! Warning, bring your mountain gear: Cliffie ahead! [face_devil]

Chapter One

*What the Force happened?*

He sat up, willing his aching head to clear. The last embers of the dying sun floating down behind the forest told him just how long he'd been knocked out. Half the day.

Who had the power to knock him out like that anyway? He reached up to rub his temples, his black gloved hands finding the hard shell of his helmet instead. Irritably lifting it from his head, he continued to ponder his dilemma.

*I was so close!* He thought, slamming his fists on the ground. Scenes of the earlier battle flashed through his mind. Windu, trying to buy time for the others to escape, had engaged him. A sinister smile played about his lips as the memory of how the much revered Jedi Master had been so easily distracted, allowing for the swift kill. He relished the memory of how his lightsaber so easily separated Windu's head from the rest of his body, dropping him like a discarded rag-doll. *He never liked me anyways.* He'd quickly caught up with Kenobi, who had been trying to whisk Padme off to safety.

The ensuing battle had been intense as his former master had tried everything to reason with him. "Anakin, you must listen, this is not the way!" the Jedi had pleaded. "Your words are weak, just as you are!" Kenobi persisted. "Anakin, please!" He'd just shot a cold look at the exhausted Jedi before him. "Anakin Skywalker is dead. Darth Vader is all that remains." Padme's startled gasp reached his ears upon his declaration, but he couldn't afford to be distracted. He was determined to show Kenobi that he beyond the weak teachings of the Jedi.

At that, he'd succeeded. As they stood there with crossed sabers, he'd Force-pushed the older man into the trees.

The entire time, Padme had been watching in shocked horror. As Kenobi's head connected with a reverberating thump, he'd turned to look upon his wife for the first time in 8 months. The intense longing poured from his eyes, his only wish to hold her again. It had been so long! She returned his stare with one of shocked disbelief.

"Padme," he'd finally spoke, his voice husky with forbidden passion. "Come with me." He'd walked until he stood before her cloaked form huddled against the trees, and reached his black gloved hand out to her. Disgust washed over her face as her gaze shifted from his hand to the mask that covered all but his eyes.

Suddenly, deranged laughter burst from her bruised lips. "You- you want- me to- join you?" she managed to get out between breaths. Insanity seemed to envelop her.

He just stood there, dumbfounded. What was so funny? Looking back, he realized that the shock of everything had finally caused her to snap. But at that point, all he heard was her laughing at him. Rage boiled over the passion.

"You will come with me, or you and Kenobi will both die!" The mask made his voice even more sinister. Her laughter left as quickly as it had come.

The insane laughter was gone, replaced with a low, deadly calm tone. "Go to Hell, monster!"

"Monster?" He withdrew his hand and stood motionless, momentarily stunned. "Monster you call me? I'll show you a monster!" With all his rage he swung violently around, saber in hand and activated in the blink of an eye. Then he stood over the barely conscious Jedi, ready to deliver the deathblow. The last thing he heard was Padme shriek "I hate you!" . Then his vision swirled and all was black.

Shaking off the memories, he surveyed the now empty clearing. Who had stopped him? Could it be...? He shook his head to dispell the notion. He'd watched her die 5 years ago. There was no way.

Only his lack of energy begged to differ.

The cool breeze of the falling night reminded him how hot the heavy armor was that he now wore. He removed

12. darla101

Feb 11, 2003
    oooooo that gave me the shivers!

13. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Well, I have more time on my hands now so I decided to check this out. Excellant beginning! Very curious about where you are going with it. Keep up the good work! :)

14. Seraph-Skywalker

Seraph-Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2002
    [face_shocked] What a cliffhanger! You'd better update soon or I'll be wondering about the next part for days!

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great two posts! Sorry I missed the first one. This one was scary and very good. Loved that Padme told Anakin that she hated him and called him a monster. And who is standing over him?? Is it Shmi or Padme? Or someone else....

16. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Another great one, and what a cliffie! You are turning out to be a true queen of drama. (bows) not trying to steal my title are you? :p

17. Siri_Ruane

Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Took me a while to find it. :p

I love chapter 1!

18. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    I truly did not expect this kind of response! [face_blush] Thank you to everyone for the major confidence booster! :D

For those that are wondering who is standing over Anakin/Vader....It's.....ME!

Ok, maybe not. [face_devil] Like I'd really tell. That would ruin the surprise for Ch3!

I finally forced out the bare bones of Ch2, so I could possibly have that up Monday. And Ch3 won't be too far behind. The feedback has me going, and the story seems to be falling into place a lot better than when I first started it, so hopefully it won't be too long between posts. Expect a couple of days, as I don't have major writing time. Thanks again!

--later--

19. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Okay, let's see...

Mace. :_|

Padme calling him a monster and saying he hates him. :_| :_|

Padme's clones
    Do you mean that more trees looked like Padme? Because if you mean that somebody cloned Padme for real... :eek:

He'd watched her die 5 years ago.
    Hmm. I gonna go out on a limb and guess this is one of the OCs, who's standing in his ship right now. ;)

(And I'll admit I'm a little confused -- has Anakin been dark for the whole 5 years since he killed the mystery lady? Or has he been dark less than 8 months, and as become evil since the previous time he saw Padme? Or something else entirely? :D Of course, if you're feeding us the details slowly on purpose, feel free to ignore my ramblings... :p :cool:)

This is interesting stuff! Looking forward to the next chapter! :D

20. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    UP!

Update in a day or three, but it's coming, I promise!

--later--

21. darla101

Feb 11, 2003
    Someone needs an UP!

22. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    New post should be tomorrow! In the meantime...

darla101: oooooo that gave me the shivers!

The next post shouldn't be as creepy. And thanks for the UP! :D

Obi_ew: Excellant beginning! Keep up the good work!

Glad you found my story worth checking out! I hope I don't disappoint!

Seraph_Skywalker: What a cliffhanger! You'd better update soon or I'll be wondering about the next part for days!

Update should be tomorrow, but I can't guarntee any answers yet! [face_devil]

dianethx: This one was scary and very good. Loved that Padme told Anakin that she hated him and called him a monster.

Thanks! [face_blush] That was the emotions talking, but does she really mean all of it?

Princess1: You are turning out to be a true queen of drama. (bows) not trying to steal my title are you?

Me? *smiles innocently* Never!

Siri_Ruane: Took me a while to find it. I love chapter 1!

Glad you did! :D Thanks!

Darth_Lex: Padme's clones. Do you mean that more trees looked like Padme?

Yeah, the trees. She's the major cause for this particular rage, so it makes sense that more of the trees morph into her.

has Anakin been dark for the whole 5 years since he killed the mystery lady? Or has he been dark less than 8 months, and as become evil since the previous time he saw Padme?

Who said he killed her? [face_devil] I gave a major clue in the prologue as to how long since his turn, but the issue will be brought to light in the next few chapters!

Thanks again for all the support! I feel warm fuzzies every time I read your comments! More soon!

--later--

23. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Well after reading that, this needs an UP!! Very good post it made my head spin a bit, which I take as a good sign lol. Makes me wonder what in the ame of the Force comes next. I'll be watching when ch3 comes around.

24. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    JDH3: Very good post it made my head spin a bit, which I take as a good sign lol.

Head spins are a good thing? Thanks!

I'll be watching when ch3 comes around.

I hope you'll catch ch2 as well lol.

Which btw, is coming now!

Sorry Siri, for not waiting for your feedback, but I feel confident in this now, and if I hold on to it any longer, my head will explode! Besides, I wanted to get it up before I have to leave for work lol. I needed something to look forward to. note: I got your message just after I put this up, and got a few changes in. Thanks!

Here we go!

Chapter 2

Consciousness came slowly to the battered Jedi Knight. He was laying down, but he had no idea where. His body ached, but that was barely noticable over the banthas trampling his skull. An eye tried to crack open, only to snap shut as the scene before him swam immediatly.

There were voices, hushed and unrecognizable. Medical equipment hummed nearby. He shifted slightly, but even that small amount of exertion elicited a moan from his parched lips.

"I think he's coming around." Through the haze clouding his brain he thought he recognized Bail's voice coming from his right, answered by the mechanical voice of a droid. "Obi-Wan, can you hear me?"

"Is-that-you-Bail?" The words came out in ragged breaths.

"Yes. You're safe now. Try to rest."

"Where-am-I?" Just speaking took more energy than he had.

"At my vacation house. Padme's here as well, in the next room." Bail paused for a moment as though to think. "Do you remember what happened?"

Obi-Wan tried to remember. Everything up til he'd been thrown into the tree was clear. He recalled the attack on their speeder as they rushed from the Royal Palace to their new hideout. Trying to hustle Padme to safety as Mace engaged the terror his former apprentice had become. The fight he then found himself in, trying to reach Anakin throught the hate that enclosed his heart. Flying backwards, then nothing. Coming to and seeing Anakin standing over him, intending to strike. The sudden collasp off his former apprentice. Padme struggling to get him to his feet, the two of them stumbling along the path to the waiting sanctuary. The darkness once again enveloping his mind.. "Yes," he finally replied, "I- remember-most-of it."

Bail saw the utter exhaustion on his friends face, and decided to wait for the answers he sought. "Yoda will be here in the morning, we'll talk more then. For now, you need to rest." He began to walk away when he felt the Jedi's hand on his arm.

"Thank-you. For-everything" The calm grey eyes fluttered open long enough to convey the sincerity behind that statement. Slowly, they began to droop as the effects of his medication took hold.

"Never a problem for my friends. I'll be back soon to check on you. Now. Rest!" Though spoken as an order, Bails tone was soft as he turned from his friend and exited the room.

Now, only the sounds of the medical droid were audible as Obi-Wan drifted into the blissful oblivion of painless sleep.

---------------------------------------------

Bail walked the short distance of the ancient dwelling to the room Padme occupied, paying no mind to the opulent architecture or the rich beauty of the many paintings that adorned the walls. His thoughts were focused on convincing Padme that her self-imposed isolation was the last thing she needed.

His comm-unit beeped, startling him. "Bail here."

"Sir, we have found no trace of Skywalker." The commander's voice replied. "We've searched the entire area Senator Amidala described, and there's nothing here. And with night coming, we're running out of light"

The Senator sighed. "Very well. You may return. Keep your eyes on the lookout for anything suspicious, though."

"We will, sir. Red Unit out."

This was not good. He could be anywhere.

Bail sighed again before walking the last few paces and tapped lightly on the door. After a moment of no answer he tapped louder. Her faint voice inviting him

25. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Poor Padm'e and Obi! GREAT POST!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.