main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shards of the Heart: A/A AU Epi 3 with OCs and RK! *IMPORTANT NOTE--PLEASE READ!*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Leia_6669, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    *gratefully accepts hammer*

Thanks, I'll keep this handy!

Don't worry CrysatlKenobi answers are coming in the next few chapters. Except for the one about my changing eye color. I still haven't figured that one out yet!

*breaks out in happy dance!* :eek:

I know this is relatively small, but I won a challenge over in the Dark Side Enclave! It was to write a battle scene against a Force enhanced droid. There were only three other entrants, but I'm still thrilled, especially since that was only the second fight scene that I've written. It didn't hurt that I was pretending that the droid was Toril! (I had to get him back for what he did to Leika!)

Chapter 9 should be ready, as soon as I hear back from my beta. Posts my be a bit erratic again for a bit, but we'll see what happens.

--later--

2. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Well, it's technically Monday, and I managed to have the next post ready! Things are going to quite down for a bit, but answers are coming! Just not yet [face_devil]

I took a quiz to find out what kind of evil I am, and it turns out that I am MANIACALLY EVIL! Who would have guessed? 8-}

Chapter 9

Padme cried against the shoulder of her best friend, finally ending her tale of all that had happened to her since she and Sabe had been seperated. The agony of Anakin's betrayal and the possibility of losing the twins, the confusion brought on by Leika's sudden appearance, the disturbing images of her dreams, and the faint hope that she clung to. Throughout the explanation Sabe was quiet, allowing her friend to speak without interruption. And when the time came, her shoulder was ready to support her friend.

She sat and held her friend as the cleansing tears poured forth. The newly formed Empire had devestated millions of lives in just a few short months, but none more so than the woman crying on her. She could feel the anguish in the hot tears soaking her thin nightgown, and wondered what she could do to help ease the agony Padme was drowning in.

The only thing she could think of for the time being was to be there, to be the friend she so desperatly needed.

Tears soon dried and the shuddering subsided. Padme slowly detangled herself from the comforting arms and peered at her friend through red-rimmed eyes. "Thank you so much. You don't know how much I needed that."

A kindly smile lit up her face as she responded. "No, but I can imagine. I would guess that you've had that pent up for quite some time."

A weak smile tried to light up Padme's face, but the effort fell short. "Yes. It's been forever since I've had someone to talk to that I can trust totally."

"I'm glad I was able to find you, and by the sound of it, just in time." Sabe closed her eyes briefly before giving Padme an intense look. "I'm not sure about this Leika person you spoke of. How can you be sure that she's trustworthy?"

Padme sighed deeply and looked down at the plain white tiles of the floor. Never looking up, she replied in a voice that was just above a whisper. "I know it's hard to believe, but I felt a connection with her, like she understood me. I don't know how to explain it, but I didn't feel any danger while she was there."

"Except for the way she came in, you mean?" Sabe arched an eyebrow at her friend who was still staring down. Padme's tale of her meeting with the stranger disturbed her greatly, expecially the way she had been treated. Why Padme trusted someone who had snuck into her room, tormented her with her own journal, and took her hidden blaster and aimed it at her was beyond her comprehension.

Warm brown eyes conveyed confusion as they raised to meet the matching brown that studied her. "Yes, that entrance scared the Force out of me, but it was as though she was testing to see what my reaction would be. Once I decided to stand up to her, she dropped the tough act. Besides, she gave me the best chance to hope that I have."

"But aren't you suspicious? She doesn't want you to tell Obi-Wan. Why? What history do they have? And what about the dream you had the morning she shows up? For all you know, it was telling you that she's plotting with Anakin to kidnap you or something!" With each word her voice raised until she was pratically shouting, trying to get her words to sink in to the stubborn mind of her friend.

"I am curious, but I really don't think she's plotting against me. I could see the pain she felt when she read my journal, and I think that losing Anakin to the Darkside hurt her nearly as much as the rest of us." Her voice dropped into an even lower tone as she continued. "I guess that you would just have to meet her to know."

"Perhaps." She was still skeptical, and it could be heard in her voice. "Maybe we should ask Obi-Wan about her."

"NO!" was the emphatic reply. "I mean," and she lowered her voice back to normal, "what reason co

3. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Great stuff Darth_Leia_6669! I like the way you described Sabe's concern for Padme. It will be interesting to see what if anything Padme can find out. I'll be here when more is as always.:)

4. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    It's good that Padme has Sabe there to help her deal with everything. What a great friend Sabe is.

Interesting that Padme insists on trusting Leika without really knowing why. Sometimes you just have to trust your feelings, though, and I guess this is one of those times.

I can understand why Sabe is worried, though. ;)

5. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Just a quick up in case someone wants to read this tomorrow. Don't want it to get buried while I'm at work! ;)

--later--
    [face_devil] 6669 [face_devil]

6. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Nice job! Why does Padme trust Leika?

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    You didn't tell me you posted! :mad: The question I want answered is what her deal is with Obi-Wan?

8. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Ok, I think I'll answer some of these questions. [face_devil]

JDH3: You'll find out next chapter!

Darth_Lex: Yeah, Sabe showed up at a very good time. On top of everything else, she'll be having the twins soon! You are right on the trust issue, this is one of those time Padme just has to follow her 'intuition'. And if I were Sabe, I'd be concerned too!

JediKlea: Padme isn't even sure, she just feels that she should. ;)

obi_ew: I'm sorry! (ducks objects flying at her head) Don't be mad, but I forgot to send the PM's Sunday, and didn't realize it until last night. Then I was too tired to. :( And I'm not at all surprised that you would want to know about Leika and Obi! ;) We'll get part of Obi's side next chapter I believe.

I've got a slight problem, and I would like your feedback since you, my wonderful readers, will be affected. At the end of the month I'll be without the internet, and most likely a computer as well. I'm not sure if I'll be able to use someone elses or not, and I'm also not sure how long this will last. I've also been thinking about going back and reworking the beginning of this story. So my question is this. Would you prefer if I just continue from here when I return, or should I just let this die out and start over? I could be without a computer and the net until the beginning of next year, but don't think that I'll be totally gone that whole time! It's complicated, and any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for being so wonderful, and I'll continue posting until DRL totally kicks my @$$!

--later--

9. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Hmmm that's a tough question? I like this story and what you've done with it but I'm no stranger to scrapping ideas in mid-stream either. Honestly I'm sure I'll be happy no matter what you decided. I know that's not much help but it's how I feel. I hope DRL isn't too hard on you and don't worry we won't forget you when you go away lol:)

10. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I think either way we would understand. It may be easier to continue this on and later repost the story with any changes you make and letting people know in the title bar that is Shards of the Heart version 2 or something like that. Just an idea I am okay with anything that you decide. :)

11. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    May be better to start over at the first of the year. I tend to have short term memory loss and will most likely forget what I've read! Must be old age! :D

12. JediKlea

Jun 19, 2002
    Hey that stinks! Whatever you do I don't really mind, just be sure to PM me when you come back, you will be missed :)

13. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Thanks everyone! [face_love] I'm still not sure what will happen. A lot depends on how much time I'll have on a computer after I move. I know I'll at least have access to one, just not how much time I'll have to type out the posts as I have several projects that will take up a good chunk of time. Likely, I'll have to start using the net at the library again, but I'll live.

In any case, I'll continue at least until they land on Sultem Sayb. I'm not starting on any rewrites yet, not until I have more of an idea of what I'll be doing with it. Just so everyone knows, the main story will remain unchanged, I'll just enhance some details, and add a few parts to clarify some things.

Originally I had started this as a viggie based around a poem I wrote several years ago. Then this story developed a life of it's own, and the original idea was lost. The rewrite will not have most of the poem in it, but will be based around several liners that I have come to see as univeral truths. For something this long, I think that will work better.

I've rambled on enough. I am hoping to have a new post up Monday, but that depends on if DWB releases its stranglehold on my creativeness. I'll make sure I remember to send pm's this time too! ;)

Thanks again for the support, and I'll see you in a few days!

--later--

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems. I would prefer that you just continue the story when you get back but it is really up to you. It's your story!!!
    Either way will be fine with me. Just be sure to PM when you start up again.

Besides, a new year is really just a little more than 2 months away...

15. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    *enters doing a happy dance*

I have decided the fate of this story. It will continue, though the end of this month through the beginning of November will be a bit rough. But I talked to my friend that I will be roommating with, and we will be going in on a computer soon. And I'm sure that we will have the net soon after. Even if it is another free trial for awhile.

The next post will be slightly delayed though. I should be able to have it up by wednesday at the latest, as soon as DWB lets me finish it, though I have found some wonderful help! *hugs o-e* I'll see ya soon!

--later--

16. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Glad your planning to continue this story, even as a beta reader I want to see the end of this very intersting story! :D

17. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Hey, I'm not even really late with this chapter! Just a couple hours. The beginning is a bit of a departure from the typical angst in this story, and was my way of bringing a bit of lightheartedness to it. I hope you enjoy it!

Did you bring your mountain gear? [face_devil]

Chapter 10

Obi-Wan stepped carefully down to the galley, grateful that his pains had been reduced to mere stiffness. His growling stomach caused him to wonder what kind of provisions Bail had provided them with for this trip. He really hoped it wasn't the standard shipboard rations.

His prayers were answered as he opened the galley door and was greeted by the smell of Corellian sausage and enu eggs frying on the small stove. *I guess Bail was looking out for us,* he thought to himself with a small smile

Sabe had turned from the food she was preparing as he entered and flashed him a huge grin. "It's good to see you're looking better this morning Master Kenobi. Would you like some?" she asked, gesturing to the food.

"Yes, please," he replied as he glanced around the room, noting that there were no other occupants. "Is Padme still alseep?'

"No. She's using the Databank to look up Sultem Sayb. Said she'd like to know something about the place we're heading." She served the Jedi his plate, then sat across from him with hers.

He frowned at the statement. He could remember that as a young Queen she had posed as a handmaiden to explore Tatooine thanks to her curiosity, and he had no doubts that was the case now. However something nagged at his mind, as though there were another reason....

"Excuse me, Master Kenobi?" His head jerked up, thoughts interrupted. Sabe was staring at him with thinly veiled amusement as he brought his attention back to the present. "I know it's been quite a long time, but I want to let you know that I will be forever grateful for what you did for Padme, and the people of Naboo." A light flush began to creep across her cheeks as she continued. "I never really had a chance to thank the man I've admired all this time in person, and I'd like to do that now. Thank you."

He felt his face grow warm underneath his beard, and he was sure that he was blushing profusely at her kind words. "Think nothing of it," he replied trying to wave off her compliments. "I simply did my duty."

"Well, your duty helped to save my planet, and you'll just have to accept my gratitude." She smiled warmly up at him, which only caused him to turn an even deeper red.

"You're welcome." Somehow he managed to sound somewhat normal, though his heart had begun to pound in a way that he hadn't experienced since he was a much younger man. He quickly ducked his head and proceeded to polish off his meal in several hurried bites, totally missing the intense way in which the former handmaiden was staring at him.

For her part, Sabe didn't stare at him for very long before turning her attention back to the food in front of her. Yes, she had admired him in secret all these years, keeping track of him after he had left Naboo. Still, she couldn't help but to wonder...

As he finished and his face had returned to it's normal coloring, she took the chance. "Master Kenobi, I noticed that you still seem rather stiff. Are your injuries still bothering you? Perhaps a massage would help."

Her breath was held as she awaited his response. To be able to work on those well-toned muscles was a dream hopefully about to come true. He seemed to consider her offer carefully before finally answering.

"Yes I am still sore, and a massage sounds wonderful. Thank you for offering."

Was it her imagination, or was he starting to turn that cute shade of red again? She tried to keep her excitement from showing as she stood and walked behind him.

"You'll have to take off that tunic for me to work properly." As hard as she tried to keep her voice level, it still came out slightly husky. She could only hope that he didn't notice.

Without a word he slipped off the tunic and leaned forward slightly, allowing her a

18. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Poor Obi-Wan couldn't deal with Sabe's advances lol! It should be interesting to hear what Obi-Wan has to say now that Padme finally got him to talk. Great stuff and I'll be looking forward to more.[face smile]

19. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh goody Sabe has Obiwan a little nervous. I forsee a Sabe and Obiwan romance coming in the future. I also see a trap coming for Obiwan and Padme.

20. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan! He had a rough day... :( :p

Hee hee! The scene with Sabe was cute. I wonder where that will go... ?[face_plain]

And then he gets an earful from Padme. Poor guy.

Keep it up, and best wishes with your DRL. This is a fun story and I look forward to more. :D

21. JediKlea

Jun 19, 2002
    Poor Obi, he has to deal with all these gal's and no backup...I will be awaiting more!

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Excellent! But I'm still very confuzzled! :D

23. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Next chapter's almost ready! I would like to thank all my wonderful reviewers for making the frustration of writing this so worth it! Before I get on with the replies, I have a question to ask. Nothing serious, this one's all in fun.

I know that most of my readers are unfamiliar with the wonderful anime that I have been using, that being Ruroni Kenshin. So I was wondering who would like some pictures of these characters, as I know that my descriptions aren't really doing them justice. And if you do, does anyone know how I go about putting these pictures up? 8-} I'm afraid I don't really have the first clue, but if you would like to see these pics, I'll figure it out!

Ok, on to the replies :D

JDH3: Poor Obi indeed! As for the conversation, it will be revealing, "from a certain point of view"! [face_devil]

CrystalKenobi: Nervous is right! A romance? :eek: We'll have to see. As for the trap, are you sure?

Darth-Lex: A bad day? [face_laugh] It's still morning! As for Sabe, depends on where my muse takes me. And Padme has an excuse for being crabby, after all she is just over 8 months pregnant!

A fun story? And I was going for angsty! [face_laugh]

JediKlea: Where is Yoda anyway? ot that I think he'd be that good of backup in this case! More soon!

obi-ew: Confuzzled is good! But I promise, it won't last long! [face_devil] Until more confuzzling hits!

Since the next post is all but done, I decided to throw you all a special treat! Here's a teaser from chapter 11! [face_devil]

Leika spent several minutes after Aoshi left leaning against the warm, soft side of Lestath, breathing in the spicy scent of her ryuu, trying to clear her mind. The night's events continued to play through her mind, Toril's taunts repeatedly haunting her.

"You know, if you would have just joined me when I offered, you could be so much more powerful than you are now."

She took a deep breath, but his voice continued to ring through her mind.

"You know you want to feel my love again."

Her mind needed to be clear if she was going to acomplish the tasks ahead of her.

"You cannot hide the truth that I see in your eyes."

There was no room for the doubts that he had tried to plant.

"So, was it as good for you as it was for me?"

But deep down...

"Because you still love me, whether you want to admit it or not.

She knew they were true.

--later--

24. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I don't know how I missed this last post. Loved the "seduction" massage...LOL. I'd like to volunteer next time he needs one. Sabe has good taste.

And as for Obi-Wan telling Padme anything, she must have been very frustrated after the "discussion" with him. Not telling her anything but just kept asking questions. And, of course, he is just about to tell her something when the <ehem> author leaves us hanging. Shame on you!!!

Looking forward to more...

25. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    dianethx: You were busy catching up on you other reading weren't you? ;)

But I'm afraid you'll have to stand in line for the massages. :( o-e's ahead of you I believe!

Very frustrated in deed. Do you get the idea that Obi suspects she's hiding something? Shame on me? *looks innocent* o-e's chewed me out on that one too! But I do try to keep my posts under eight pages, and that conversation is about a post in itself! ;)

--later--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.