main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shards of the Heart: A/A AU Epi 3 with OCs and RK! *IMPORTANT NOTE--PLEASE READ!*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Leia_6669, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    *looks around suspiciously, and a little sad*

Who put the rocks in here?

This sunk bad!

Anyway, I'm in a weird mood, and just popped in to say that new post will be tomorrow, and the post after by Thursday.

NOTICE!!!!!
    You're only getting this because Thursday is my last day for the internet for awhile, and I have little clue as to when I'll be able to come back on. Hopefully middle to end of next month, but I will have time at the library as well. I am also about to move and will be very busy for a while. But I will leave you with something to think about. (well, I hope!)

I hate to do this, but then again, DRL hates me!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

2. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    It's Sunday night, and time for a new post! Only one more after this until the Sith settles, but I hope that you like it. (please see the post directly above if you missed it.}

Anyway, here it is! Enjoy!

Chapter 11

Aoshi waited until the vidscreen flickered to life, revealing a rather petite man, his shock of flame red hair gathered at his neck leaving his bangs to cover the upper half of his face. "Greetings Aoshi," he began cheerfully before noting the stress on his friend's face. "What's wrong? Did something happen on Alderraan?"

"Yes. Toril happened." Aoshi sighed as Kenshin's normally warm violet eyes took on a hardened look. "Anakin did agree to come with us, but that's another story."

"Well, that's good news at least," Kenshin replied guardedly. "So tell me what happened."

Aoshi went on to recap what he knew of the battle, ending with Leika's despondency and Anakin's unconsciousness. "She hasn't told me yet what happened between her and Toril before I arrived. She insisted I settle Anakin in the med room and contact you first. Truthfully, I'm very worried."

This news also worried the redhead, the most obvious sign of which was him rubbing the cross-shaped scar that covered his left cheek. "Do you have any clues as to where he's been these last two years?"

"No, but Leika or Anakin may, and he probably couldn't resist the urge to brag either. I do know that his powers have improved greatly. Two years ago he wouldn't have been able to defeat Anakin and Leika like he did. I do have my suspicions though, that he has recieved additional training."

"Hmmm." Both men paused, each deep in thought. Kenshin spoke first.

"Do you think he could be the new assassin of the Emperor's? It could be the reason he has refocused on our planet."

"I have considered that. Toril and Nanashi do have several characteristics in common, if our sources are correct. And Okina's spies usually are."

"True." There was another short pause before Kenshin continued. "How far did he push her this time?"

"Far enough that when I got there, her eyes had changed."

"Damn! And she's come so far too, that she has! I don't want to see her slip again."

"I know how you feel. She's as much my sister as she is yours. Would you like me to have her contact you?"

"Yes, do that. Wait until tomorrow though, make sure she's got herself back under control."

Aoshi cleared his throat before addressing the second reason for contacting Kenshin. "Are you in position?"

"We arrived about an hour ago."

"Good. Though you probably have another day before they arrive." He stopped to try to rub the stress from his temples, but it did little good. "Everything's in place? Are you prepared in case they try to resist?"

"Yes." Worry was etched into his pale features, but was most noticable in his eyes. "Though Jedi Kenobi will be more likely to accept our help with Miss Leika not being present. After all, he more than likely has no clue what happened after he left. And he did trust our weyr more than the others, that he did."

Aoshi chuckled sarcastically at that. "He did, but that was marginal. He never did understand our philosophy though. I just hope that he understands what we are trying to do." Another weary sigh escaped him. "I'm worried that we may be putting them at greater risk though."

"It's not like we have a better option. And it's not like too many know that we've been rebuilding Sultem Sayb anyways. Even if Onmyou is attacked, we should have enough warning to get them to safety before they are discovered."

"I hope you're right. There is one more thing that needs done, preferably soon. Since Anakin was injured, we left his ship on Alderraan. I would like Karou and Misao to retrieve it without anyone taking notice. This should be easy enough for those two."

"That it should." He waited a moment as Aoshi transmitted the ship's location to him. "I'll send them out shortly. Is there anything else?"

"No, that's all for now. I'll have Leika conta

3. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Wonderful post. like the emotional it protrays. Hope everything goes well for you in your move, etc. Post when you can. This reader will be here. I've been wanting to go back and reread some anyway. Maybe I will have a chance to soon. :)

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    You already know what I think! :p The training scene still makes me very envious! :mad: :D

5. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Hi Darth_Leia_6669,

Sorry to hear about DRL, that sucks for lack of a better word. You'll be missed and hurry back!

Ok, now the post and what a post it was! Leika's anger has me very worried and clearly I'm not alone. Her training scene was very well written, great job.[face smile] I can really see why the others are so concerned about her. Should be interesting to see how much Obi-Wan influences things as far as Leika is concerned. I'm looking forward to the next post and I'll send hope your way through the Force.[face smile]

BTW: Enjoy the clone wars cartoon starting the 7th, that should help ease DRL at least a bit.[wink]

JDH3.

6. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Well, that was a troubling post... :(

Poor Leika. It seems she has a lot more in common with Anakin than you initially let on, which is cool. :cool: She is struggling with her own dark demons at the same time she is trying to bring Anakin back from his. That's gotta be tough.

Best wishes with DRL, and post when you can. This is a fun story and I'll be looking forward to more.

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Excellent! I like how she was fighting her own demons as she fought the droids. She really needs to learn to fight the darkside before it consumes her!

Great job and hope to see you back here soon!

8. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    I'm going to go ahead and do replies now, since the next post will be up tomorrow night. I'm only doing this to leave with a major cliffie! *maniacal laugh* [face_devil] Thank you all for the wonderful support! :) If it wasn't for my loyal readers, this story wouln't have made it nearly this far.

Enough of my ramblings, on to replies!

CrystalKenobi: Yes, there will probably be enough time to re-read. :( I'm glad you liked this one! :D

obi-ew: Yes I do, and thanks you so much for the help! Envious? Aaaahh.. [face_blush]

JDH3: DRL sucks, but it makes me feel better knowing that I'll be missed! :) Leika's got you worried? Just wait until the next post! [face_devil] As for the rest, you'll just have to wait and see!

And you better believe that I'll be watching those cartoons! My youngest goes nuts everytime the commercials come on! And I'm feeling the hope you're sending, thanks!

Darth-Lex: Troubling indeed! Yes, Leika and Anakin have much in common, and it will be a tough road ahead for all involved. It would make more sense for someone who has traveled the darkpath and completely recovered to help Anakin, but Leika follows her own logic.

And don't worry, I will check in when I can!

dianethx: Thanks! [face_blush] She does have a lot to deal with, and she is still dangerously close to the edge. If that doesn't quite make sense now, it will soon...

I have a countdown going on my sig, but my final day is Thursday! :( I will be checking in when I can, but I don't know how much time I'll have to work on this for at least the first two weeks. And then I found out the new computer may be delayed. 1/2 step forward, knocked back five. :( But I won't give up that easily!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

9. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    As promised, here's the last post for awhile! :_| I thought it would be short, and then it grew into a normal sized posty. Revelations and more questions!

Chapter 12

*Finally, I'm going to get some answers.* She sat back down and watched the weary Jedi expectantly. He rubbed at his eyes with the heels of his hands before facing her.

"I'm going to start by saying that Master Yoda knows everything I'm about to tell you, and still deems this plan safe. I do not agree, but will respect his opinion. I want you to keep all this in mind as I tell you what happened there."

He caught her gaze and held it until she nodded slowly in agreement. With all the questions he had just been asking, she was sure that he had suspicions of his own that he wasn't speaking. She decided to remain silent as he told his story.

"First an explanation. The reason I was asking all those questions is that I've sensed a vague presence since I fought Anakin a few days ago. This presence is very dangerous, and if my suspicions are correct, is leading us into a trap." He took a deep breath, started to say something, then thought better of it. He exhaled heavily before finally speaking again.

"You don't remember Anakin telling you anything about Leika? Anything at all?"

She re-enforced her shielding before she answered. "He mentioned her the one time, then got kinda depressed and quickly changed the subject."

"What did he say when he mentioned her?"

"Just that he'd met her on a mission and that it would have been her birthday that day. Why are you still asking me all these questions?" She was fast losing the little patience she still had.

"I'm sorry. I'm not trying to upset you. I won't ask anymore questions, ok?"

She slumped back in her chair, refusing to meet his eye. "Fine. Continue."

"Leika was indeed a friend of his, one I disapproved of greatly. She was a Force user and a rather powerful one at that. She belonged to the Juppon Gatana, a weyr that delved dangerously close to the Darkside, if they weren't completely engulfed in it."

She was barely able to keep her shields strong enough to keep her shock from leaking through. It was a good thing she had her head down, or the surprise would have been evident on her face. Then the unfamiliar terms caught up to her racing mind. Carefully schooling her expression, she looked up at him.

"I've never heard of a weyr. What is it?"

"A weyr is a group of Kael and Isha's. The are both Force sensitive. The only thing that seperate the two groups is the Isha's have impressed a ryuu. Those mythical creatures the report mentioned? They exist. And they really are a sight to behold."

*Don't I know it.* she thought, remembering the look she'd had of Leika's ryuu.

"Back to what I was saying. Leika had somehow managed to convince Anakin that she was following the will of the Force. That the acts she was committing would happen with or without her, and she was actually keeping the damage to a minimum by following what the Force was telling her. She had him so convinced that she tried to train him behind my back. She was the first one to introduce him to the Darkside."

Obi-Wan fell silent, as though the pain of his memories was too great to bear. Padme now had an better understanding why Leika and Obi-Wan seemed to hate each other. But something was bothering her. If Leika introduced Anakin to the Darkside, then why was she trying to bring him back? Did she feel guilty for the part she played? Or was it all a lie?

The silence ensued, both lost in their thoughts. Padme closed her eyes and debated on whether she should tell Obi-Wan the truth or not. But there was still something in the back of her mind that said not to. She opened her eyes to find the Jedi was gazing intently at her. He took another deep breath and began again.

"After I discovered their training and tried to put a stop to it, Leika convinced Anakin to go with her and her companion. According to what he told me later, her companion t

10. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Wonderful post. I like the slightly confrontation between Obiwan and Yoda. You could really sense Obiwan's frustration.

11. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    You were right Darth_Leia_6669, now I'm REALLY worried about her!![face shock] I love your version of Yoda, great characterization. [face smile] Obi-Wan can be such a know-it-all at times and it's gets to be a bit much. I loved Yoda putting him in his place, great stuff and as always...hurry back![face smile]

JDH3.

12. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Thanks! I'll do replies when I have a chance, but I'm not sure when that'll be. Truthfully, this is just to push this up before I go!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked this very much. Poor Padme trying not to let Obi-Wan know what she knows, poor Obi-Wan retelling a tale that he obviously didn't want to remember...
    I liked the confrontation between Obi-Wan and Yoda...I could feel the frustration of both.

Good job.

Sorry to hear that you won't be back for a while. Hope everything works out! Moving's always a bear. Good excuse to get rid of stuff but a pain in the neck!

14. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Final up before I go! :_|

If anyone thinks about it, try not to let this sink too badly while I'm gone. I can't update it if I can't find it! :D

I will be working on this, and hopefully will come back with a couple chapters in hand!

Thanks to all who have read and replied, and if there's anyone lurking out there, you can come out of hiding! I would love to come back and see some new faces! :D

I will have replies as soon as I can get to the library, but who knows when that will be. Next week I'll be moving and trying to settle in, so I'll be way busy. But I will find a way to check in, just don't know how or when!

So anyways, I'll see everyone later, and I'll miss you all!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

15. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Well, well. The backstory suddenly gets much more interesting... [face_devil] [face_devil]

This is certainly a different side of Leika than what you've showed us so far. I like that. Excellent. :D

Obi-Wan seems quite distressed by the incident. But Yoda seems less concerned. Interesting.......

I guess the effect of what happened in the past depends on your point of view. [face_mischief] [face_mischief]

Best wishes with DRL. ;)

16. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    I had a chance to, so I figured I'd levitate this back up. Don't want anyone to forget about me!

I am working on the next chapter, and will be a nice person and do my replies now!

CrystalKenobi: Thanks! I'm glad it came out well!

JDH3: You're worried! You should see all the hell she's decided to put me through! Yeah, Obi is stubborn, and Yoda knows more than he's letting anyone know! I'll hurry as fast as I can!

dianethx: Poor everyone! Yes that was a delicate situation for them both.

I never seem to get rid of much, even when I move. I always think "I'll go through it when I get there" then I just throw it in a closet somewhere and forget about it. I'm such a packrat! Thanks for you concern!

DarthLex: The backstory is slowly coming out, but what's Leika's side? Like I said earlier, Yoda knows much more than he's letting on. And you are totally right about the POV! Thanks for the well wishes!

Thanks to everyone for the concern, I'll be popping in when I can, but until then...

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

17. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I know I replied to this the other day! [face_plain] Anyway, the changes were perfect! Makes them so much more in character! :)

18. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Don't forget about me! I'm working on the next post, but it's going slow. This is just a quick up while I'm here and have a chance!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

19. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Hey! Didn't want to let this fall any farther, so I'm lifting this up while i have a chance.

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

20. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    I want to apologize to all who have been reading this for the extremely long delay, but I'm beginning to believe that DRL has a personal grudge against me. Everything i had set up for my recent move has fallen apart on me, and at this point I don't think I'll be able to get a computer until I get my tax return, another two months or so from now. This has me totally bummed out, not only because I can't get anything typed for the story, or even look at what I already have, (or cheat the net for that matter) but I also can't do any of my artwork.

I do have some ideas for this story, and it will continue. However because of the long delay, I have decided to restart it when I can return to the boards. I will be adding some chapters to the beginning (as in the events that were alluded to in the first few chapters) and I will be clearing up a few points that I felt didn't come out well. Again, I'm sorry about this, but I feel that given the situation this is the best choice. I hope everyone understands and I will PM everyone once this gets restarted.

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

21. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    how rude. i should have waited to read your rewrite. *glares.* Now i'll have to reread it once you do.

22. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    A new face! Hello! :D

Sorry about the announcement. DRL has me spinning badly at the moment, and with the delay being so long, I thought that this might work out better. Plus there were several things that I didn't plan out the best for this, and I'm afraid that it will ruin it down the road. But I will keep everyone posted when I am able to totally return!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

23. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    I wanted to say thank you to three of my readers: obi-ew, Princess1, and dianethx for their nominating this story for the awards. Though I didn't make it past round one, just having been nominated made my day. So thank you! :D

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.