main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Share the most emotional moments for you

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ricardo Funes, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The interactions in the travelling bits work really well, though I don't quite like the speed at which everything happens. Things like them being at Eadu, the rebels losing communication, sending out the X-Wings and them appearing while the group on the ground gets to make a move as well, it just makes it seem like you can pop into your spacecraft and jump somewhere else in 5 minutes. It looks particularly odd when you consider that the rebels are acting from a hidden base on a rather remote location, attacking a secret imperial base that clearly wouldn't be located near planets the Empire has no hold over. There were a few of these "quick" scenes, and it happened at the end of TFA as well (though I have no idea how to handle that situation differenty).

All the scenes in itself were perfectly fine, but this ability to appear quickly makes things look so small. There needs to be something that makes the timing ambiguous, something that allows for quite some time to have passed without necessarily stating it. In most cases it happens all by itself, but Eadu is one glaring omission, the one case that feels really odd.

Not that this takes anything away from how awesome the movie is. It's basically nitpicking, like noticing the continuity-errors in the last Vader scene because you have seen it too often ;)

Sarge likes this.
  2. jarjarbinksthegungan

jarjarbinksthegungan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2017
    I got very emotional when Chirrut died. And when Jyn and Cassian were watching as they were about to die. But nothing made me sadder in this movie than when K-2SO died.

3. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017

All of a sudden after 40 years people are scratching their heads over the characters in a Star Wars movie getting from one side of the galaxy to the other quickly. Why didn't you people question the inconsistencies of this rather absurd space fantasy franchise decades ago? What's next complaining about how there's sounds in space?

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  4. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    I was saddened by Krennic's death. I thought he was going to be another powerful guy in the Empire, that everyone respected no more. I even liked him not to be like that, to understand him more.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  5. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017

Yeah I feel sorry for Krennic myself. :( As I've stated before I believe Tarkin to be the ultimate dick.

TheReal_Rebel and Darth Dnej like this.
  6. The Wagonmaster

The Wagonmaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2017

When he looks up as the superlaser is powering up, Krennic knows that Tarkin has just pulled the trigger. Powerful moment.

He had his time though, no need for his character to go on forever. He definitely was evil himself, looking at the genocide of an entire planet and cooing "Oh! It's beautiful!"

Darth Dnej and Gigoran Monk like this.
  7. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    Generally I like that Krennic doesn't end up being the revenge focus for Jyn that he looked like he might but rather more of a mirror for her. He ends up more as a cautionary tail of someone heartlessly chasing power and you see the clear difference between his and Jyn's reaction to looking there certain death in the face.

Rather belated reply but I think you need to consider the time frame of Eadu, the U-wing crashs a good distance from the base and we see the different groups set out for it and either reach or get near it, for Jyn especially getting to the base of that service ladder and climbing it must surely have taken hours not minutes..

TFA to me seemed very different in that we see the Falcon enter and then leave hyperspace with no cutaway in a very short space of time.

8. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    I was thrilled with Galen's speech by the hologram.

9. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    The scene that caused me to tear up in cinemas was the one of Jyn listening to her father's hologram.

I also felt tears going down when Jyn and Cassian faced their death. I remember during the second time, my face was still wet for a few minutes...and then my eyes widened as Vader went down that hallway.

The whole movie felt so EU. I loved it.

10. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Besides the big ones that people are mentioning here, which I agree with, I get hit with the nostalgia bug every time I see Bail Organa walk up to the counsel table when they’re questioning Jyn. He looks so regal, but tired from his commitment to the rebellion, like the way a president ages with a quickness once elected. He’s one of my favorite background heroes of SW who made the ultimate sacrifice. I’m kind of bitter Leia didn’t name her son after him, ha.

11. BlueHenDave

BlueHenDave Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 21, 2013
    Seeing Yavin...seeing the rebel troops with their distinct helmet.

Tarkin...thought the CGI was spot on.

The hyperspace scene of the xwing followed up by the rebel fleet. Having the original ANH actor scenes in the movie

Blockade Runners!

Vader scene plus after the Tantiv IV launches, seeing the rebel troops run down the famous hallway.

I can watch the last 20 minutes of that movie every day of the week plus Sunday.

TheReal_Rebel and Ricardo Funes like this.
  12. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    From what I recall the most emotional moment for me was rather small, but when Bail says he is returning to Alderaan its hard not to shout for him to stay away. Granted it was bound to happen, but its still a sad, considering that tragedy that is only days away from occurring.

Ahsoka's Tano and TheReal_Rebel like this.
  13. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Wonderful scene.

TheReal_Rebel and Darth Dnej like this.
  14. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    -Galen's speech
    -K-2SO's death: "Goodbye."
    -Chirrut's death
    -Krennic's death
    -Jyn and Cassian's death
    -Hallway scene

TheReal_Rebel likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    When CGI Tarkin first appeared I had emotions of utter terror.

TheReal_Rebel and 11-4D like this.
  16. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Jyn having to say goodbye to her parents so many times. It happened a lot really.

It's also quite an emotional moment when Jyn realizes that she has the support of Chirrut and then later, Cassian. And K-2SO even! Her gradual acceptance is very well done.

Overall, I would say R1 is one of the most emotional SW films of all, in spite of the relatively straightforward war story.

The entire cast does an exceptional job of creating emotion and sympathy for themselves and their story. Even Krennic.

17. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Bingo. The ending sequences are powerful. My most emotional moment is when Jyn dies on the beach and Vader prepares to board. Bittersweet and epic.

TheReal_Rebel likes this.
  18. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Favorite scenes:
    Opening scenes,
    Jyn’s Family with Krennic on Courascant,
    Bodhi captured
    Krennic and Tarkin
    Krennic and Vader
    Jyn and Saw
    Jyn and Galen holo and Jyn and Galen final farewell
    Chirrutt and Baze
    Battle of Scarife
    Vader and Rebels

I’m haunted by just about everything in Rogue One. It’s a beautiful, gritty spiritual film about sacrifice and the Birth of Hope in the face of repression.

It’s described well in this video.

I do wish we had spent more time with Jyn,and that Jyn, last of her family, didn’t scoot off to Tatooine or Jakku which is what I would have made Saw do if I had been jyn’s Mom.

I do recommend reading Rebel Rising and getting the most recent Star Wars Comic with the cover that has Two-Tubes on it. Luke, Han and Leia go to what’s left of Jedda to find remnants of Saw’s partisans. Luke is told about Jyn. Many Feels.

19. Bosozoku27

Bosozoku27 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2017
    Some of the moments that were "emotional" for me:
    - K-2 meeting his demise while preserving the mission
    - Jyn and Cassian helplessly awaiting their demise
    - Seeing Leia at the end

But the most emotional one for me was:
    - Seeing Red Leader and Gold Leader again! As a kid I'd always dreamed of someday piloting an X-Wing and flying for Red Leader... unexpectedly getting to see them again gave me goosebumps!

Sarge likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ Yeah, I never thought I'd ever see Red & Gold Leaders again, doing what they do on the big screen. Goosebumps the size of banthas!

21. Ren Kylo

Ren Kylo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 23, 2015
    the death star in the horizon on scarif+ "rogue one, may the force be with you" :_|
    hologram scene
    all death scenes of rogue one members
    destruction of jedha, especially when knowing that the little girl jyn saved probably did not survive :(
    the rebels desperately trying to get the plans aboard the tantive
    "hope"

honestly the whole movie was emotional to me :p

Blue 5 likes this.
  22. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    I remember one particularly emotional moment from my first viewing of the movie: The scene where Bail Organa mentions his old friend - "The Jedi" - to Mon Mothma. It was a beautiful reference that "bridged" ROTS with ANH and almost had me shed a tear in pure nostalgia.
    It doesn't affect me to the same degree anymore, but has instead become of my favorite moments in Rogue One.

Ren Kylo likes this.
  23. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    One word.

"Hope."

Ren Kylo likes this.
  24. Ren Kylo

Ren Kylo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 23, 2015
    yea i love that part. i would also add in the same scene, when he references leia--"i would trust her with my life."