main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Share the most emotional moments for you

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ricardo Funes, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    Jyn and Cassian's death on the beach reminded me of the the end of "These Final Hours" - it's an Australian movie about an asteroid impact. The main character dies on the beach as the shockwave is approaching, just like with Jyn and Cassian. It was almost identical.

2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Yes I agree, that whole scene just illustrated that entire endeavor was...a suicide mission. They were nothing more then bodies to try and slow Vader down.

Strange Old Hermit

Same with Deep Impact. The asteroid hits and sends a tidal wave that kills one of the main characters and her father.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  3. Darth Zitious

Darth Zitious Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 2, 2016
    I won't even lie, I screamed like a little school girl when I saw Vader ignite his lightsaber lol!

But when Jyn was looking at her dad's message, and then later on desperately trying to crawl to get to him on Eadu it hit me right in the feels.

4. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015

It was like someone stuck a knife on my heart. Her acting was brilliant.

BenYodaDagobah and Satipo like this.
  5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

The very reason I love Michael Giacchino. He'd do the same thing in LOST; moments that would typically have had victorious, sweeping scores playing behind them instead had soft, understated, almost mournful tones softly playing in the background. And it's effective.

6. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    The scene on the end with the beach with Jyn and Cassian. Visually beautiful and gut-wrenching.

Leia getting the plans at the end and saying "Hope".

7. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    The whole darn thing. I was so pleased with it, it was everything I wanted, and it was very emotional.

The last time I enjoyed going to see a movie as much, having fun, loving the movie, the whole experience, was seeing both ANH and TESB in theaters on their original release.

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    K2SO's death was tough.....

9. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015

I can only imagine what I would feel if C-3PO and R2 had the same fate.... THAT would be tough.

Darth Basin and B99 like this.
  10. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    This is a thread for people to share moments from RO that were emotional for them. It's not a thread for people to mock those opinions. A film is made of images, sounds and editing tricks. Whether or not people "fell for it" is immaterial. For many, these scenes worked, and it's not because they are fools.

11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    The ending was very bitter sweet.... But overall emotional.. Loved it..

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    ^ This.

13. Dreamer_Sith

Dreamer_Sith Jedi Knight

Dec 9, 2010
    Actually, mine was something unintended, like not a straight scene in the film. But when Jyn saves the crying child, it was nice to see her do something heroic. However, it occurred to me that very soon after, that child and everyone else was obliterated. It made me sad because despite us knowing what happens to Alderaan, we had Bail and Leia, but here we could really put faces to the people of Jedha. We know Alderaan's destruction is much worse, but I now sympathize more with Jedha.

14. Jim Ryalto

Jim Ryalto Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 21, 1998

Well enjoy your hugbox then, but bad filmmaking won't age well. Don't shoot the messenger.

15. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    The opening scene.
    Jyn saving the little girl.
    Jyn watching Galen's message.
    The whole of the Eadu confrontation scene.
    The fight between Cassian and Jyn afterwards.
    All the character deaths.

BenYodaDagobah and QueenSabe7 like this.
  16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I think just knowing the amount of sacrifice and the price paid to get those plans to the Alliance is the biggest emotional impact for me, and it's kind of really felt the most with that very last scene as it connects to the original film.

Sarge, Pensivia and Satipo like this.
  17. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    The Darth opening up a can.

18. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    It's not about shooting a messenger, it's about you realising that your opinion is not the only valid one and that you might not be the smartest person in the room. You don't have to like anything, but you also don't need to save us from our opinions with your searing insights on filmmaking.

19. Pondscum

Pondscum Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2014
    I think Chirrut and Baze got me the most, despite the fact I didn't feel a huge attachment to them for most the film. I am one with the force and the force is with me.

20. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Agreed. Fantastic.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It was the explosion that killed them right not the shock wave?

Darth Basin likes this.
  22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Final few moments of Donnie Yen and his buddy, especially when the buddy takes a final look at his friend's body. Great little stretch in a film that overall I appreciated more for the spectacle than the emotional engagement.

23. mute90

mute90 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2012
    When Saw was speaking to Jyn and there was this quiet, heartbreaking paranoia. "Have you come here...to kill...me?"

Bodhi's death. A moment of triumph and a moment of feeling proud for what he's done, and then he watches the bomb come in.

Chirrut's walk to the master switch even more so than his death for some reason.

The image of the fallen Jedi statue.

The rebel pilot trying to make it through the shield.

Vader coming out of hyperspace right into a retreating rebel ship.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It made me realise how we can mourn things that aren't even human. Quite powerful.

Darth Basin, QueenSabe7 and Satipo like this.
  25. PPZVGOS

PPZVGOS Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    1. Jyn Erso demise

2. Darth Vader kicking rebel butt (for sheer excitement)