main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Share the most emotional moments for you

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ricardo Funes, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    I loved the confrontation between Jyn Erso and Orson Krennic in the tower. I was really hoping this moment would come, and allow our heroine to get back at the man who destroyed her family. The look on her face as she tells him how she's going to undo his plans was the most satisfying moment of the film for me.

I was also delighted by the scene where Mon Mothma asks Bail Organa about his friend, the Jedi..

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The fact that I don't have the movie on DVD so I can watch it right now makes me a bit emotional :p

3. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    When Chirrut was dying and told Saw "with the force, you can always find me."
    Then when Saw realized he was about to die, he looked back at his dead friend, and accepted it.

4. Jedi Dave

Jedi Dave Jedi Knight

Nov 13, 2015
    I had a number of "Mind blown/Are you (expletive deleted) kidding me!" moments. I wasn't prepared to see That Much Tarkin. Nor was I prepared to see two versions of Vader only hinted at before. Or Leia. But if I had to pin them down, in the sea of all the easter eggs and background stuff, and moments, it would have to be:

"Gold Leader, standing by."
    "Red Leader, standing by."

Son of a *****, some of the heroes from '77 had returned. Nothing in my imagination, hopes, hints, allegations, or rumors left unposted ever prepared me for THAT.

5. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    "For Jedha!"

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I gotta admit, seeing Mon, Saw, and Bail got me grinning even more than seeing Han, Leia, and Luke last year. Prequel/TCW nostalgia so heavy! Haha

7. PalpShouldLive

PalpShouldLive Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2005
    Watched it again.

"How many do you need?" Group of volunteers show up.

"Rogue One, May the force be with you!" - Admiral Raddus

The "HELP US!!" Who was that guy? Such a minor part, but what an impact. He deserves his own book. ^:)^

I was teared up from when the file transmission starts till the end of the credits.

8. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Teared up a bunch of times... Think mostly in the final act. The deaths on both sides. The desperate measures the rebels took when they knew their fate...

Of course all Vader scenes!

TheReal_Rebel and Ricardo Funes like this.
  9. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Baze and Chirrut, oh my god! I had to bite my cheek to not cry so much. I got the chills when Baze got up stared matching towards his death and saying that he is one with the force and the force is with him. Their belief in the force, it's amazing.

10. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    There were quite a few moments that made me either tear up, smile, or freeze in my seat.
    - Seeing Lyra go. Catalyst really showed her as a loving mother and wife who wanted to protect Jyn and Galen more than anything.
    - Galen's message was heartbreaking and very personal. I absolutely felt Galen's grief and was completely broken by this and Jyn's reaction. A beautiful moment.
    - Jyn and Galen's reunion. Again, heartbreaking. Jyn calling Galen "Papa" was more difficult than I thought it would be.
    - Mustafar and Vader's castle was so cool to see.
    - K2 going out like a true Rebel hero.
    - Bodhi's "This is for you, Galen."
    - Chirrut passing the Force to Baze.
    - Star Destroyers crashing into the shield made me freeze. The music was perfect.
    - "Rogue One, may the Force be with you."
    - Jyn and Cassian's last moments. I was trembling throughout the whole scene and could have easily cried but held back because I didn't want any tears to get in the way. The last moment on the beach felt so intimate and rewarding. This and Galen's message hit me the most.
    - The Rebel fanfare made me smile a bunch of times.
    - Every time Galen calls Jyn "Stardust."

11. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    One of them is seeing the poor rebel trooper get fricking force choked slammed into the wall while Vader is doing his jason thing and then the poor smuck gets sliced in two. OUCH!

Jyn and Cassian's hug near the end was pretty emotional. I'm thinking if in another lifetime or another universe those two might have had something but just like Rick and ilsa it just wasn't meant to be.

TheReal_Rebel and Ricardo Funes like this.
  12. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Out of all the main characters, Jyn and Cassian's last moments hit the hardest, as they embraced while waiting for the explosion to vaporize them.

When the Rebels point their guns towards the dark, then you hear Vader's iconic breathing, then the sound of his lightsaber igniting, and Vader standing in the dark hallway with his lightsaber buzzing, man that gave me the chills.

And the last one, with Raddus looking down on Scarif, acknowledging the sacrifice of the Rogue One crew and eulogizing them by saying: "Rogue One, May the Force be With You."

13. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    So many.

-Jyn watching her father on holo.
    -Bail saying he's going to Alderaan (don't do it!)
    -Jyn's goodbye to Baze and Chirrut
    -The Rogue One crew slowly getting annihilated
    -Seeing Leia
    -The last rebel holding the data tape, handing off the plans through the door as Vader approaches just before he is impaled. His life doesn't matter anymore, the only important thing is getting those plans off to the next soldier. That's one of the greatest theme's of this film, that these characters ended up being completely selfless. Their survival was a distant priority compared to giving the Galaxy a chance to unchain itself from oppression.

14. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    The rebel fleet about to leave. The first ships take off in hyperspace. The next few ships try to and they smash right into the Star Destroyer, that just came out of hyperspace. So Raddis and the rest of the space fleet is screwed.

I was like: "Oh s............!"w

15. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015

This moment got me too.

Also, upon repeated viewings I say that the music score is actually very good. They are a key part of the emotional moments of the movie.

jediknightleia likes this.
  16. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    You mean Baze, not Saw.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  17. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    First viewing: teared up 3 times
    Second viewing: 5 times
    Third viewing: 3 times and trying to avoid more.

The worst (meaning, best) of all is the walk and death of Chirrut. When Baze starts repeating "I am with the Force, the Force is with me", that is TOUGH. !

For the record: I never cried a single time watching any of the other 7 Star Wars movies. This is a unexpected reaction that I developed with this movie that I can't really explain.

18. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Yes, I liked seeing Gold Leader!

19. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    I thought Galen's death was well done. It mirrored Shmi's death in AOTC, almost word for word and gesture for gesture. Overall a great movie with surprising depth for SW.

20. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015

And what about the EPIC acting of Felicity Jones? She really acted like she was being torn apart. Powerful !

21. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Watching K-2SO die. As that was the beginning of all the deaths.

22. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    My bad, yeah BAZE!

23. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015

You know that K-2SO death scared me about how I would react if R2 and C-3PO eventually meet the same fate. As my attachment to them is even stronger.

EHT and cerealbox like this.
  24. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Jyn's mom being shot.
    Trooper seeing Trooper toy. Liked that concept.
    Jyn saving the little girl.
    Chirrut's first fight and him sitting on a body.
    Holo talk with Galen to Jyn.
    Jyn and Cassian's first fight over her dad where he says "I don't have to."
    Galen stepping forward to save his engineers and watching them die and then being killed with Jyn there.
    K2 telling Jyn she is full of surprises.
    K2's final message and destruction.
    Bodie trying to describe the cable and realizing it's impossible and that only he can do it.
    Chirrut's bravery to hit the switch and his praying to the Force.
    Baze being there with him and going out fighting.
    Cassian falling.
    Jyn and Cassian holding each other as the blast comes.
    Vader's castle and slaughter of the Rebels.
    Leia at the end.

BenYodaDagobah, EHT and Ricardo Funes like this.
  25. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    (in order of sadness-impact)
    - Jyn and Cassian dying. Jyn was actually 21 yo (too young to die) and Cassian opened his eyes in terror just before being obliterated.
    - K-2SO death (eyes going off)
    - Rebel troops being slashed by Vader as if they were locked in a room with a velocirraptor with no guns
    - Jyn's "Papa, papa!"
    - Saw's "I'm not running anymore" and "Save the Rebellion. Save the dream"
    - Cassian's speech
    - Chirrut's and Baze's deaths
    -The Rebellion council near collapse out of fear and doubts
    - Bodhi's death (stoic death for a slighty corny character)

(pumped-up, in order)
    -Vader's rampage
    -CGI Tarkin CGI
    -Low-powered shot over Jedha and the aftermath
    -Vader's castle
    -Jedha's squirmish
    -Baze being a badass
    - Vader watching the Tantive IV escape and CGI Leia

EHT, BenYodaDagobah and Ricardo Funes like this.