main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Share the most emotional moments for you

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ricardo Funes, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    All the deaths, esp. K-2SO and Chirrut.
    Every scene Vader in was pure, unadulterated AWESOMENESS!

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Her reaction to the holo was so heartbreaking.

3. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015

Very good acting there.

LordDallos likes this.
  4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I felt a pang when we saw Vader in the bacta tank. Maybe it's the Prequel Fan in me, but I couldn't help but think that this is Anakin. Scarred, mutilated and bonded to machines, filled with hate. But the Anakin Padme knew and loved is still in there, buried deep beneath all the anger and darkness.

The other scene was when Vader tore through the Rebel troopers. That door was stuck and all those brave men were trapped in the corridor with a merciless killing machine. That last trooper just begging his allies to help him and not getting any aid. Pretty chilling.

Evening Star and corinthia like this.
  5. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015

There is a theory that Vader was using the Force to keep the door shut.

6. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    That's a great point. Honestly, what was Vader's goal right there at the end? NOT to let the plans slip away. He actually failed to do that! So, did he actually win the battle? I don't think so...... ;) Yes, he and his red lightsaber killed a bunch of non force-sensitives, while he breathed all heavy and menacing! But the plans slipped away under his very nose. It's almost as if the Force itself was on the side of the Rebels, helping them stay just one step ahead till the plans were safely delivered to Leia, and even Vader couldn't fight the Force. Before Rogue One, way back during ANH, I would never have imagined that Vader came so close, but ultimately failed to prevent the plans getting away. Hmmm......

7. PPZVGOS

PPZVGOS Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    1. Jyn Erso death. OK, second time it did not hit me, because I was prepared for it, but still, on first viewing I found it outright disturbing.

2. Every single second with Vader. He really is the Greatest Movie Villain of All Time!

3. Child Erso watching her mother killed and having to run away and hide. The scenery in that intro makes it even more effective.

4. The deaths of Chirrut & his friend.

5. When Erso gets on top of that Imperial tower. What an awe-inspiring scene!

6. When the Empire annihilates Jedha. Carnage down below, Imperial bureaucracy up on the Death Star. Two different sides of war in one scene. I am not sure I have seen this dichotomy made clearer in any film about a real war!

So many more!

Evening Star and Ricardo Funes like this.
  8. MS1

MS1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    He came pretty close to preventing the Death Star from being destroyed as well if not for Han Solo. ESB is riddled with more failures for him.

forever_jedi likes this.
  9. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    True, true. In ANH, he should have felt Han Solo's change of heart and sudden swooping in - through the Force! :D Not to mention the matter of Leia! Or Obi-Wan's body disappearing....

10. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    The end Vader scene....okay we all know the Rebels get the DS plans but man was that scene dramatic! I was like get it out to them, get it out to them! It was really well done to take an event where we know the end product and me & my sister were still on the edge of our seats.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  11. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Yes, Felicity definitely played her role in that sad scene really well... Seems like her years of acting in dramatic roles has paid off handsomely, by the way she conveyed her emotions from tough girl to one with a shattered heart! =D=

And really loved the Darth Vader scenes, particular at the end - after that red lightsaber was ignited and the Dark Lord then commenced his murderous rampage against the surviving Rebel soldiers! ^:)^ :vader:

Evening Star and Ricardo Funes like this.
  12. xmojo1

xmojo1 Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2016
    The final few minutes, from the moment Darth Vader boards the rebel ship right up to the final scene when the plans are given to Leia. As a fifteen-year-old I saw the original Star Wars movie in 1977, and the final scenes took me back to being a teen again as I could sense what the conclusion was leading up to, and it was almost like the ending was going to segue into the beginning of Star Wars IV. Powerful stuff.

13. Davrum

Davrum Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2015
    I get more emotional at character reactions to big moments than anything else (I'm empathetic like that), so Jyn seeing Galen's message was more impactful than any of the deaths. Amazing, amazing, heartbreaking performance from Jones. Her reaction to Galen's death was also painful to watch for that reason.

It's also why Chirrut's death was more impactful than the others. We don't just lose this good-hearted, very fun character, we see his best pal lose him too. Baze's reaction adds so much. Of course Jyn and Cassian reacting to their impeding ends also hits, but the fact they share the moment somehow eases the pain on that one.

14. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "May the Force of Others be with you" - Big fan of the Annotated Screenplays

"Are you kidding me? I'm blind." - Great Line!!!

And when the rebel fleet showed up at Scarif. I actually shed a tear or two.

Ricardo Funes and Evening Star like this.
  15. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    The absolutely brilliant thing about that last scene you mentioned was when they cut to the Imperials on the DS right after Jedha was destroyed and they're all just anticlimatically standing around, either quietly contemplating what just happened or making small talk. A lesser film would have kept the emotions amped to the max during that scene, but Edwards chose a smarter route, which was a mix of self-reflection and indifference.

16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The final four minutes: Jyn and Cassian accept their fate, the Rebel soldiers sacrifice themselves as they pass the plans down the hall to keep them from Vader, the intensity in "Laaaunnch!!", breathing a sigh of relief as the Tantive IV breaks away and departs (despite knowing they'll make it), seeing Leia at the end as she simply says "Hope" and watching the film come full-circle with where the series began.

17. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    This. I was hoping someone else would notice how amazing this scene was. Basically all the scenes on Jedha are among my favorite parts of the movie.

Ricardo Funes and Gigoran Monk like this.
  18. thiagolck

thiagolck Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2016
    What gets me about that scene is the second to last trooper inside the room. After seeing Vader slaughter his squadmates like a hot knife through butter he actually turns around AND charges the Sith Lord to try and buy a few milliseconds for his last friend to pass the message!

19. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Chills:

Tarkin reveal. Revisiting Yavin IV. AT-AT's crashing through the jungle

Feels:
    Jyn seeing her father's hologram. K-2SO's demise. Jyn and Cassian's final moments.

Both:
    The final five minutes.

20. AussieRebel

AussieRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 2, 2005
    Death of Bodhi for some reason, he looks a lot like my boyfriend :p. At least there is a resemblance.

Evening Star likes this.
  21. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    jyns reactions to the hologram and to her fathers death. best acting in the entire saga imo.

to someone in her thread who says she's 'wooden' at points, thats baloney. shes playing the part of the person who cares but pretends not to. she's been hurt a ton. galen abanded her (in her eyes) and saw abanded and/or betrayed her. as someone who knows about stuff like this (on a much lesser level obvoiusly) its just easy to shut everyone out and pretend you dont care.

22. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    Yes, I also thought she felt abandoned and betrayed by the fact that Galen ended up collaborating with her mother's murderer. When she tells Gerrera that her father "might as well be dead", there is a coldness to her delivery that suggests this. That really explains why she teared up upon learning that she misjudged him, and that he was in fact carefully working on his revenge.

23. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    I thought Jones really nailed her scene with the hologram of Jyn's father. Giving in to a hope that she'd denied herself for more than half her young life. It was all there in her reaction.

24. CommanderBenjamin

CommanderBenjamin Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2016
    The most emotional moment for me was when Plo Koon was shot down during order 66. He had no way of defending himself.

25. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015

I want to understand this, what does it mean? "May the Force of Others be with you" ?