main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Share your personal childhood lightsabers

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Pac-El, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pac-El

Pac-El Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 28, 2008
    As children, many Star Wars fans had a lightsaber... or something close to it. Whether it was the first hard-bladed plastic version, the inflatable yellow-bladed version, or a custom stick that was painted... many of us had fun playing a Jedi... or a Sith Lord. If anyone out there still has it in their collection, please share a picture and description with the rest of us.

As for me, 1977 was a tough year financially for my family. Yes, I did get to see Star Wars, but my parents couldn't afford very much that Christmas. I, like many kids at the time, was fanatical about Star Wars and longed for a lightsaber. Not being able to buy the first issue hard-bladed plastic version, my father put his creativity to work. He found an old flashlight, bought a cheap translucent golf tube, and found a rounded translucent cap he had which fit the end of the tube perfectly. Before you know it... Tah-Dah... a lightsaber was born.

I know it's not official, and it may not be the best looking lightsaber in the world, but it's the one Star Wars item in my collection that I will never part with.

Pac-El

[image=http://www.supermanhawaii.com/OahuFanForce/OFFpublic/Pac-El/pacelchildsaber_sm.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.