main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Sharing an Alec Guinness wallpaper

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Fashion_Boy, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fashion_Boy

Fashion_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    Hi all! I'm a student at the Kendall College of Art and Design in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I thought I'd share a final project that I made for school. It's a wallpaper I made in honour of Sir Alec Guinness. Feel free to use it, crediting me if need be. I know it isn't exactly LucasFilm quality work, but let me what you think of it anyway. Thanks!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Fashion_Boy/Final-Project-Part-Deux.jpg

~Dave, aka F_B

2. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    It's so sad he's gone:_|! wonderful wallpaper in honor of him.

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi Fashion_Boy! This is a wonderful piece (and I love Obi Wan art that features Sir Alec--Ewan did a magnificent job of providing some "backstory" to the character, but Sir Alec will always be Obi Wan to me! ;) )--I love the colors and the composition, but I think it would be a bit stronger, visually, if you sharpened the two images of Obi Wan a little (mainly in the face--just to "bring them up" a little more, to stand them out from the b/g). I'm with TOJP here, too... **sniffles** :( "Strong in the Force am I...but not that strong..." Even Jedi Masters must one day pass... A lovely w/p!

FF

4. Fashion_Boy

Feb 3, 2004
    Thanks for the feedback! A lot of people only say "Looks wonderful." or "Great Tribute" and I love that kind of feedback. But the type of feedback I've been looking for was exactly what you just left. :)

~F_B

P.S. I'm glad you liked it!

5. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey, that's a lovely tribute! [face_love] I believe he would have been proud. =D=

Did you do it in Photoshop? If yes, you can duplicate the layers for the two Obi images or otherwise make the Obi images more visible. I guess that would look even better, but it's already very beautiful by now.

Well done! =D=

6. Fashion_Boy

Feb 3, 2004
    Thought I'd *bump* this post, since this is the 30th anniversary weekend an' all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.