main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Shatter" - K/J friendship post-NJO AU - POST! 01/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by stickster, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    RevaDurron - Thanks! I've never gotten an up before... I'm honored :D

BigFatty - Just PMed it :) Ahh, angst. [face_devil] I love me some angst.

Emperion_Blade_Gaurd - Thank you :) I hope it wasn't too ridiculously sad.
    ...oh, who am I kidding, of course I do ;) I'm happy that you liked it anyway.

2. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    DDUUUUDE! This was so good I forgot to comment [face_blush]

I'm really glad that Jai's back on track. TJK and what I've heard about TUQ make Jai sound un-motherly, so I'm glad fics are here to save me.

Course she's gonna struggle, but we can see them all struggle together, which is mucho mejor.

Gracias por el post!

Yo me disculpo para no anunciar más pronto.

3. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    I like both this story and the fluffily vignette.... both made me smile... although why this story makes me smile I have no idea...

*becomes sad*

now, I am sad, and am in a proper mood to read an update!

4. stickster

Jul 10, 2005
    JediTristan - No te preocupes - me gustan todos los postes, especialmente los postes retrasados - son buenas sorpresas :D

Mystralgurl - Hehe. I don't know why it makes you smile, either, but I'm glad it does ;)
    As for updates, errgh, I'm still debating what to do with the rest of this story. And if anything does happen it won't be very soon, because it's getting to be midterm season. Agh. My least favorite time of year *sniffle*

5. JediTristan

Nov 30, 2004
    A si, hay eso.

¿Así que tomó usted español en la escuela, o le hace lo habla nativamente? (Yo lo tomé en escuela, así que esto viene con mucha ayuda de la traducción. ..)

Me encanta hablar en espanol, pero tengo una vez más fácil hablando que comprendiendo.

Puedo balbucear con una lengua española, pero no pedir que mí traduzca lo que digo.

6. stickster

Jul 10, 2005
    Tomo español en la universidad (tomé francés en la escuela secundaria, pero no es tan útil como español). Mi hablando es terrible...pienso que mi cerebro no es bastante rápido. Mi comprensión es aceptable, porque para mi clase, debemos comer en la cafeteria internacional dos veces por semana. Claro, mi escribiendo no es muy bueno ;) Es una tragedia.

Esto es muy divertido...¿Se enojarán los moderadores? Heh.

7. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Wonderful, stickster!

I'm so glad Kyp got through to her.

You did a beautiful job writing this - its my favorite post in the fic.

oldj

8. JediTristan

Nov 30, 2004
    Si, tambien es una tragedia para mi. Mis antepasados hablaron espanol real, porque ellos vinieron con Junipero Serra a Los Angeles. Hablaron también a vasco *sigh*.

Desgraciadamente, ahora español es sólo un pasatiempo a mí, porque todos yo sé hablo inglés.

Siento como una gringa!

9. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I'm absolutely positive I replied to this...

What happened? :confused:

Anyways, this is extremely well-written, a great glimpse at the characters, wonderful angst, and very realistic. Both Kyp and Jaina are behaving exactly as they would. I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Is it too soon to ask for more?

10. stickster

Jul 10, 2005
    Jedi_Jaina_Durron - :D Glad you enjoyed it.
    And, believe it or not, there actually is more to this story - a lot more, unfortunately (for my sanity/grades, at least). I want to get more of it written (or at least outlined) before I start posting, but updates will hopefully appear in the next couple of weeks :)

11. ImperialSpy

ImperialSpy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2005
    Being new to these boards, I'm doing the lurker thing, but I had to comment on this fic. I love the idea behind this story. It's wonderful to see this kind of development with Jaina and Kyp...and now you leave me wanting with another update! I hope DRL releases you soon. :)

12. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    hm... am I the only one who noticed the people talking spanish, or does that happen a lot on this thread? I understood about twelve words total, lol...

up!

13. JediTristan

Nov 30, 2004
    hahah, sorry about that. Stickster and I both speak spanish, as it turns out. Or at least, she does and I pretend to.

14. stickster

Jul 10, 2005
    Oh man, Tris, if you're pretending I definitely am, heh (and nice sig by the way omg). But yeah, Mystral, it's nothing to worry about :D I think people were just being polite and ignoring us ;) Thanks for the up!

And er, since I'm here and noticed the new reply...

Hi ImperialSpy! I'm happy you liked this enough to come out of hiding :D I lurked for a reeeally long time before I posted anything, heh, so hooray for taking the plunge. And the story isn't abandoned, but DRL/other plot bunnies are much of the big and the bad, sooo the next few parts are coming slowly.

15. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    cmon up!!! good job so far...

16. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Hi there,

I cannot believe I have not answered to this yet - this is actually one of the few of stories that I read during my exam period ... [face_shhh]

Well, I really like your story, even though you made my mum think her grown-up daughter is back to the "emotionally unstable teenager" stage when she caught be in tears in front of my computer ... So thank for that! :mad:

No, just kidding. And that is what I deserve for reading sad stories while at home visiting with my parents ... :rolleyes:

Anyway - love the story, but do you do PMs for updates? If you do, put me down on your list por favor! I am very much looking forward to reading the next part!

Ys, Fia

P.S.: Jaina's poor baby boy, thinking she hates him ... :_|

17. stickster

Jul 10, 2005
    Replies first!

skywalkerlover00 - [face_thinking] All these new readers coming out of the woodwork...I should not post for a month and a half more often ;) Hehe. Thanks for the up!

Fia - Oh no! Sorry I made you cry at your parents' house! (Though I'll take it as a compliment anyway ;) ) I'm glad you like the story so far :D And I've added you to the PM list (which is actually a post-it stuck to my desk. I'm very high-tech).
    And thanks for the "por favor" - you'll fit into this thread quite well ;) My roommate told me I should post a part of the story in Spanish just to see what would happen, heh. Unfortunately, I am not nearly that proficient.

AAAAND...story!

Notes: What is this?! Another part?!
    It is! Funny thing, the way I always update/write stories when I have a paper due the next day.
    I considered making this a whole new story, since it diverges completely from the path the story has taken so far, but then that seemed like an awful lot of work. This starts off a few weeks after the end of ?Shatter.?
    Anyway, the first five-or-so posts of this story are finished, so I'm going to be posting them every couple of days (depending on how the later posts go - I'd like to keep ahead of posting, if at all possible). This is a super-short one, but here goes...

"Ready for hyperspace jump?" Jaina asked over the comm.

"You've got it, Goddess," her apprentice replied, and Jaina could easily picture the smirk Narena constantly wore--particularly when the girl did something she knew would irritate her Master.

"I still hate that callsign," Jaina grumbled.

"Two, ready," came a familiar male voice. "And that's too bad. You're still a goddess, Goddess."

Jaina rolled her eyes. "You're not ?two' anymore, Durron," she said. "The war's been over for a long time."

"I know, but it's good for me."

And there's another smirk, Jaina thought, trying not to be amused. "What are you talking about?" she said, injecting as much exasperation into her voice as she could.

"It keeps me in my place. I'm always second to you, Goddess."

She glared in the direction of Kyp's X-wing, knowing full well that he'd be looking towards her. "All right. Cut the comm chatter. Where's Jysella?"

"Here, Goddess," Jysella said. "Sorry. I'm ready."

Jaina checked her coordinates one more time. Satisfied, she said in the most authoritative voice she could muster, "Hyperspace in three, two--"

As the stars blurred into lines, Jaina took a long breath. They would be spending two days in hyperspace en route to Ryloth, which was a long time to spend alone with her thoughts. Besides, she thought, stretching out her legs as best she could in the cockpit of her StealthX, I'm getting too old to spend days on end in here. She grinned at the thought of teasing Kyp about that once they landed--after all, no matter how old she got, he'd always be fourteen years older.

She leaned back into the chair and fell into a slow, rhythmic breathing pattern. She thought that if anyone had told her ten years ago that Jedi relaxation techniques would become second nature, she would have laughed.

Ten years ago, Jaina thought, Anakin and Chewie were already dead, and she realized with some surprise that they'd been dead for a third of her life. They no longer haunted her waking moments; their faces no longer made regular appearances in her dreams--but that had taken so long. It had taken five years for her to be able to say Anakin's name without shaking.

For what she thought must be the millionth time in the last six weeks, Jaina wondered how long it would take this time: how long before she forgot the way his arms felt around her and the way he said her name. She shut her eyes tightly, willing his image away from the inside of her eyelids. What she didn't remember couldn't hurt her.

Jaina didn't want to forget, not really, but remembering was a particular kind of torture.

Especially up here. In the quiet, in the dark, with no reminder of anything else.

With nothing at all exc

18. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    AW! [:D] *sighs in delight*

Short, but sweet!

Funny thing, the way I always update/write stories when I have a paper due the next day. I hear ya!

"It keeps me in my place. I'm always second to you, Goddess." [face_love] Awww...he's so cute!

Glad to see Jysella make an appearance...strange how much I dislike Corran, yet adore his kids. Must have something to do with their mother's side of the family...

Besides, she thought, stretching out her legs as best she could in the cockpit of her StealthX, I'm getting too old to spend days on end in here. She grinned at the thought of teasing Kyp about that once they landed--after all, no matter how old she got, he'd always be fourteen years older. [face_laugh] So true!

Ten years ago, Jaina thought, Anakin and Chewie were already dead, and she realized with some surprise that they'd been dead for a third of her life. They no longer haunted her waking moments; their faces no longer made regular appearances in her dreams--but that had taken so long. It had taken five years for her to be able to say Anakin's name without shaking. Wow...how sad. :_|

For what she thought must be the millionth time in the last six weeks, Jaina wondered how long it would take this time: how long before she forgot the way his arms felt around her and the way he said her name. :_|

Jaina could feel him pushing just a little further into her mind: enough that his strong presence was an anchor for her turbulent thoughts. [face_love] He really is sweet...

I think I quoted like a third of that post... :p

Anyways, it was great!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

19. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    What she didn't remember couldn't hurt her.

That is too true.

Nice update! I look forward to more. :)

20. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Liking it so far stickster.

Poor Jaina though. It's still going to be some time before she can think of Jag without falling apart, I'm sure.

But Kyp is there for her. =D=

21. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Yeah! Update!

Thanks for the PM! Nice short little update! Good description of her thoughts on Anakin and Jag [face_worried], and good intervenion there by Kyp! Still very sad, but really good! =D=

And I hear you about doing all kind of other stuff when you should be doing something for classes - three guesses when I feel the need to re-read long-read books ... :rolleyes: Good luck on the paper anyways!

Ys, Fia

22. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Awwww Nice update.

Poor Jaina, At least Kyp's there to help her.

Can't wait for the next update

23. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
  24. JayaMioneDurron

JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    oooo

*dances*

that was cool!!!!

i am interested in where this is going though. and why they r in hyper space.

25. JediTristan

Nov 30, 2004
    OOOHhh, I AM excited. Never mind, this is my fave piece of yours! Oh, I can't decide.

Hey, whatever you want to post is more than what I have, so good on you.

And I know how tempting posting becomes when that paper is sitting there forcing creativity! (It's the only way to fly....)

So here I am 'studying' for a midterm and checking up on the boards.

*sigh*

See ya later, can't wait for the next posts....and what is Jysella doing flying??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.