main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Shatter" - K/J friendship post-NJO AU - POST! 01/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by stickster, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    At least they have a lead now.

Looking foward to more

2. JayaMioneDurron

JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    JMD is fine Stickster.

loved the Sabacc comment. deffiantly the best part.

WAY TOO SHORT THOUGH

3. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    loved it.. cant wait 4 more

4. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    A/N 11/26--

Guys, I am so, so sorry to do this so soon after starting this second chunk of story, but I'm going to have to put this on hold for a couple weeks. I have too many massive term papers, finals, portfolios etc. to assemble before the end of the semester, and this story is too pleasant of a distraction. School, alas, must take priority over things I actually enjoy, heh.

So I will see you all again in a couple weeks--and if I post before then, you should scold me, because it means that I spent time working on this that I probably should have spent elsewhere ;)

Thanks for all your replies, and don't give up hope on me completely :\

--stickster

(p.s. If you're a Kyp/Jaina fan, you could in the meantime go read Five First Kisses, which was an evil plotbunny that prevented this story from getting updated for a few days :\ Oops.)

5. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    We'll still be here when you come back. :D Good luck on your schoolwork!

Oh, and I most definitely recommend "Five First Kisses." :) It's excellent.

6. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    School is just terribly inconvenient like that. :p

Good luck with it all. I'm sure your story will be especially great when you can write it without worrying about homework.

7. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    hey, sticks, we'll be waiting for ya.

You can have some of my lit BSing skills, I only have one paper due.

*tosses big words and huge paragraphs in 10 font*

Have fun!

Can't wait for christmas break....hope you're off when I am!

8. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
    its ok.. finish your school stuff first.. then post... wow i never thought i'd hear myself say that.. lol... ill be waiting

9. stickster

Jul 10, 2005
    Hey again.

My computer=dead. Everything on it=dead.

As a result, it'll probably longer than I originally anticipated before this gets updated...as everything is lost, heh, and I haven't got a computer anymore.

Sooo.

Thanks for reading so far, guys. This really won't be abandoned...DRL is just being a little nastier than usual.

10. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    That stinks. I feel so sorry for you. I know how that feels...

Anyways, take your time and I hope you didn't lose anything too too valuable!

11. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    That really sucks, stickster. Hope you can get your computer fixed or something. Horrible losing data too.

12. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
    u lost everything? too bad... i hope you can get your computer fixed soon...

13. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    [:D]

I'm sorry that your comp crashed - it's happened to me before, and it's very upsetting. :mad:

Hopefully the stuff you lost isn't too important. [face_praying]

14. JediTristan

Nov 30, 2004
    wow...that's almost like losing parts of your life!

It's also happened to me. I lost lots of fics (bad ones, fortunately,), stuff....just sentimental stuff.

Man. Sucks!!!

hugs for you!

15. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    That sucks. Good luck!

16. stickster

Jul 10, 2005
    Hey, everyone!

I just thought I'd say a quick "hi" before the end of the year (so y'all don't think I've disappeared or anything...)

Thanks for all the good vibes--my computer still hasn't been repaired (GRRR) but I did manage to get all my papers done (a few days late...), and I'm working on the next couple of posts, and I'll be out in the backwoods until Monday night, so that should give me lots of time to brainstorm/write/relax.

(There were a lot of commas in that sentence.)

Hope you all had/are having lovely holidays, and happy new year!

17. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Can't wait for more. Good story! But I feel for Jaina.

FL @};-

18. stickster

Jul 10, 2005
    AAAAAH!!! A post!

The address Male'en had given the Jedi was that of an unmarked building in the heart of Kala'uun. The four Jedi stood at the entrance for a long moment, unsure of their next action: there was no way for them to even know that this was the right place. Finally Jaina said, "Master Durron, why don't you take a look first?"

Kyp nodded. "Sounds good."

As he entered the building, Jysella looked around the deserted plaza. "Now what?"

Jaina took a seat on the steps before the building. "Now, we wait. Patience is a Jedi's most valuable asset." Narena snorted at this, which Jaina chose not to acknowledge. I'm getting good at this patience thing.

The doors opened wide a few moments later and Kyp appeared, gesturing out to the other Jedi to follow him inside.

They found themselves in a large audience chamber that looked very much like the cavern in which the building was contained. Before anyone could make a snide comment about the creativity of Rylothian architecture, a middle-aged Twi'lek male walked in through a back entrance. He bowed deeply to the four Jedi, and they reciprocated the gesture.

As the senior Master, Kyp stepped forward and bowed again. "Jedi Master Kyp Durron," he said, holding out his right hand.

The Twi'lek grasped Kyp's arm. "Kaalyer Wi'tuk. I am of the Head Clan of Kala'uun." His lekku moved slightly in a manner indecipherable to Jaina. "What occurrences on my small planet are of any concern to Jedi?" His eyes scanned the room, then rested again on Kyp. "Particularly such...illustrious Jedi as Master Durron?"

"Nothing," Narena said before anyone else could answer. She bowed to Kaalyer and said, "Narena Teel. I am apprenticed to Master Solo." He nodded in return. "We were in the system, and I wished to visit my family in Kala'uun. We overheard some rumors in a surface-level cantina, and thought they were worth further investigation."

Kaalyer's eyebrows raised perceptibly. "Does this youth speak for all you Jedi?"

Watching her apprentice closely, Jaina nodded. "In this matter, my apprentice speaks for the Jedi present." Even though she's lying, Jaina thought, slightly apprehensive about the situation. Jaina didn't like lying. It was one of the few things she wasn't very good at--she lacked subtlety.

The older Twi'lek motioned for the Jedi to follow him into a seating area. "Well, then," he said, "Perhaps I will be able to soothe your apprehensions. What is it that you have heard?"

Sensing that Narena was about to speak, Jaina silenced her with a quick glance. Kyp took up her slack, saying, "Only that there might be some problems with the latest Clan turnover in Kala'uun."

Kaalyer's gaze hardened. "Yes. You may have heard something of that nature. I am uncertain as to how this domestic dispute concerns the Jedi."

"I'm sure it doesn't," Kyp said smoothly. "But since we were in the system, we thought we would make sure that our aid isn't needed."

The older Twi'lek still looked suspicious, but he nodded. "Your concern is unnecessary. We prefer to handle these situations internally." His eyes narrowed, and Jaina couldn't help noticing the way his fists clenched. "Outsiders tend to cause more problems than they solve."

"Don't the new Clan members encourage outside contact?" Narena pressed. Jaina shot her a withering glare, but the girl didn't get--or at least didn't take--the hint. "I thought that was part of the reason they were chosen. A lot of people thought your Clan was too old, too set in their ways."

"Perhaps I should rephrase, then," Kaalyer responded, raising his voice loud enough to echo through the cavernous space. "Conflict at this juncture is not uncommon. The Clan system has existed for hundreds of years, without outside intervention, and we will not throw it away lightly." He locked eyes with Narena and let the volume of his voice drop slightly. "Nor is it something to be spoken of lightly, young one."

Jaina nudged Narena hard through the Force, and her apprentice stepped back, offering a res

19. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Hey! I'm first. Great post. =D= I really like the story here.

FL @};-

20. JediTristan

Nov 30, 2004
    One gigantic WOOOOOOOOTTT for posting, sticks!

Oh, illegality. Ah, to look back on the days of frivolous YJK lawbreaking...

Maybe it's jaina's second innocence?

21. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Nice post. Glad to see its up and running again.

Jysella rolled her eyes. "Is that all it takes for you to agree to a plan? The chance to do something illegal?"

There's a problem with that?:p

22. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
    good post.. im happy you're back...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.