main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Shattered Executive: Life in the White House (A US Political Simulation)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by nsper7, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsper7

nsper7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2004
    Shattered Executive: Life in the White House

April 21st, 2007, 1419 Hours:This is a FOX NEWS ALERT...We're live on the scene at the White House, where the President of the United States, Henry Jacobson, has just been shot while boarding Marine One. Although the Secret Service refuses to comment on his current status, video recordings seem to show the bullet striking the President somewhere in the chest...

1729 Hours: We have late breaking news on President Jacobson's condition. At 5:17 PM, doctors pronounced Henry Jacobson, the 44th President of the United States of America, dead...

1800 Hours: Fox News has an official report from the White House Press Secretary that Vice President Victor Sparrow has been sworn in as the 45th President of the United States. The small ceremony took place in his personal condo in Pensacola, Florida, where his paternal uncle, a local judge, read him the oath of office.

[color=red]Welcome to [b]Shattered Executive: Life in the White House[/b]. This political RPG is different than almost any other political RPG ever seen on the boards. Although this one does, obviously, deal with politics, it is much larger and much smaller than that. It really revolves around 37-year-old Victor Sparrow, the 45th President of the United States of America, and how he must acclimate to his new job.

Most of the RPG will be spent interacting with other characters and the President. It should be noted that Victor Sparrow was not chosen as Vice President for his political savvy. He was chosen because he was considered a trusted straight-shooter whose middle-class background would endear him with the populace. He never wanted to be President.

At least in the beginning, I will RP as the President, although that may change at a later date.

Although high-level jobs are available, an RPer must prove themselves skilled in order to be given them. If you choose to be a high level character, then you can expect for the President (or one of the other high-level people) to ask you questions. It is your responsibility to come up with an [i][b]interesting[/b][/i] and [i][b]realistic[/b][/i] answer. In this way, you, the RPer, will shape the game and the actions of the President and other characters. This is why I will be [i]extremely[/i] selective as to who I hand out key positions to.[/color]

[hr]

[u][b]RULES[/B][/u]

[b]1) Obey the TOS
    2) Obey the GM
    3) Please keep OOC conversations to a minimum
    4) No godmodding/powerRPing[/b]

[hr]

[u][b]AVAILABLE CHARACTERS[/b][/u]

[u]President Victor Sparrow[/u]: [i]Taken[/i]
    ---[b]Aide to the President[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ---[b]Senior Advisor to the President[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ---[b]National Security Advisor[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ---Secretarial Staff
    [u]First Lady[/u]: [i]OPEN[/i] (to female RPers only please)
    ---[b]Chief of Staff to the First Lady[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    [u]Vice President[/u]: [i]To Be Chosen[/i]

[u]Office of the President[/u]
    [b]White House Chief of Staff[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ---[b]Deputy Chief of Staf[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ---[b]Assistant to the President for Communications[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ---[b]Assistant to the President for Economic Policy, Director of the National Economic Council[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ---[b]Assistant to the President for Speechwriting, Policy Advisor[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ---[b]Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ---[b]Assistant to the President for Homeland Security Affairs[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ---[b]Assistant to the President for Legislative Affairs[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ---[b]White House Counsel[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]

------[b]Director, Office of Intergovernment Affairs[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ------[b]Director, White House Military Office[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ------[b]Director, Political Affairs[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ------[b]Director, Strategic Initiatives[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]
    ------[b]Director, Public Liaison[/b]: [i]OPEN[/i]

Various Secret Service agents, White House staff, etc.

[i]Although Cabinet members are available, I would

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    dang... if i had the time i'd be joining this right now. sadly i don't. i will be watching. you've got yerself a really good rpg here nsper.

3. nsper7

nsper7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2004
    Name: Victor Harrington Sparrow
    Hometown: Pensacola, FL
    Education:
    BA (Mathematics), University of North Florida
    MBA, University of Florida

Description:
    Victor Sparrow is the textbook definition of average looking: average height (5'11) and average weight. His only deviation are his piercing blue eyes, which seem to go well with his very dark brown hair (it's usually kept very short though). He has no tattoos, piercing or scars on his face or body; like most politicians, he keeps it real conservative. He ages quite well, although the crows-feet and occasional gray hair are beginning to make themselves known.

For clothing, although he prefers to dress casually, lately, he's been wearing more and more business suits, many of them specially tailored to fit him. Again, he usually keeps it conservative and low-key: charcoal gray, pinstriped or black. Same thing for his tie and his shoes.

Bio:
    Victor Harrington Sparrow was born, in Pensacola, FL, to a middle class Jewish family. His father was a real estate broker while his mother was a registered nurse at a local hospital. As a young child, Victor showed himself to be an intelligent, yet very stubborn and selfish, child. He had no interest in helping around the house or participating in the family, he was too busy with his own stuff to really care.

As he got older, he became an avid reader, especially enjoying political thrillers. It was through these novels that he gained his interest in politics. In school, he accelerate at almost all subjects, but truly loved history and social studies. Although he was a good student, he did lack good social skills- enjoying angering peers and watching their response.

By the end of elementary school, his family decided to send him to small alternative private school, where he would continue attending until he graduated from high school. This school was not a boarding school, so he still lived with his parents.

When he turned 18, shortly before graduating, he began to learn about Christianity and eventually became a Believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior; however, he never abandoned his Jewish roots and thus was one of the early Messianic Jews.

In college, he pursued both Christianity and politics. He was involved in student government, but also served as an officer on several Christian organizations. It was in student government that he made many valuable connections; after all, that is where all the junior politicians end up.

After finishing his degrees, he returned to Pensacola, getting involved in local politics there, eventually, at the age of 26, running for Mayor and winning. During his term as mayor, he met senatorial candidate Henry Jacobson, who would drastically change Victor's life. After the two-year mayoral term, Jacobson invited Victor to work on his personal staff, first as a policy advisor and, finally, as his chief of staff.

Jacobson eventually ran for Governor of Florida, and, when he won, he kept Victor on as chief of staff. After his term of governor, Jacobson decided it was time to go for the big leagues and sought the Presidency of the United States of America.

During the campaign, Victor served as campaign manager, using his now excellent social and public speaking skills to convince many to not only back Jacobson, but send him their money as well. After Jacobson won, he appointed Victor as his chief of staff, respecting Victor's skills and intellect, but he had already promised the Vice Presidency to someone else. Unfortunately, that someone else was a womanizer and a scumbag and would be forced to resign less than a year into Jacobson's term. Both to reward Victor for all his support and hardword and because he knew that Victor was the proverbial straight-shooter, he appointed him as his Vice President.

Then the assassin's bullet changed everything...

Position Desired: President of the United States of America

4. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    GM APPROVED

Name: Anna Manor
    Hometown: Pensacola, FL
    Education: BA in Social Work
    Description: Anna has always been considered a somewhat petite woman at a height of 5'2". She always wanted to grow a little more, but to her disliking she quit at the age of 16. She was always thankful that she managed to be short and still stay thin, even with having been pregnant.

Anna has shoulder length layered hair, that is a dirty blonde that she has never liked. Her hair is normally permed with a small wave. She has bright blue eyes and fair skin that has always been a bother since she burns easily.

Anna normally will wear a long dress or a skirt suit in public, but will sometimes be caught in a pant suit.

Bio: Anna was born in the small town of Bellvue, Co to two parents who loved her dearly but were incapable of taking care of her and the three other girls they had. Two years after Anna was born a fifth daughter was born. Anna's parents now had five daughters, but Anna's father did not have a job and he was incapable of keeping one. Her mother had many mental problems but tried her hardest. Anna's oldest sister took the role of "mom" and took care of the four younger.

When Anna was five, social services came to her home and she was taken from her parents for reasons of abuse and neglect. Anna was placed in the home of a single woman. This woman doted on Anna, but was soon taken from her because the woman was moving. Anna was then put into a home of a man and woman who had a daughter Anna's age and a son who was about five years younger than Anna. At this time Anna was six. Anna stayed in this home and kept in contact with all her sisters.

Anna turned eight and found out the rights of her birth parents were being terminated and she was to be adopted by the family she was now with and a year later it was finalized. Anna lived her life normally and graduated at the age of seventeen. She then went to Oklahoma Christian University and got her degree in Social Work. Anna felt as if she could excell in this field since she had been through the system and the process.

She worked in a small home for the handicapped for about three years and loved it, but was offered a job in Florida as a social worker for the state. Anna took the job and quickly began placing children in homes for adoption or foster care placements.

Not long after Anna had to take the hardest role of her life. She had to become the social worker for her sister's daughter. This made Anna realize she was going to have a hard time dealing with her family but still living her own seperate life.

Position Desired: First lady

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.