main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shattered Fleet- A story written for fun

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by hitmbig, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    SHATTERD FLEET

Vast, Dark, Cold and Deceptive. These are normal thoughts for a young Lieutenant on a newly designated Republic Star Destroyer in the Republic Navy during Wartime. Piett, a Lt. on the command ship, the Pursuer, was just this. Full of thoughts of when, where and not if this dreaded war machine of the Republic would be tested. Deep in the Outer Rim Territory the Separatist Fleet was using Blitzkrieg tactics in seizing new systems. The mechanical arm of the Separatists had begun to stretch farther than the Republic could handle. In response to this, the Republic sent newly formed task forces of Republic Venator Class Star Destroyers lead by Admiral Chreen to seek out and eliminate the Separatist threat. Thirty ships strong it would be no easy task.

?Lt. Piett!? a stern voice echoed across the Command Bridge of the Pursuer. ?Yes Admiral Chreen? replied a very confident Piett.
    ?What is the status of the Edularri system?? ?Nothing has shown through our initial scan Sir? Piett was a very thorough Officer but also understood the importance of haste. During times of war one must be quick and thorough. Piett would soon understand this.

?Sir!? came from the voice of a radar intercept crewman. ?A fleet of Separatists has just come out of hyperspace in our sector!?

?Calm yourself!? shouted Chreen. ?Tell Captain Rinalli to move his ships forward to engage the left flank of the Separatist fleet!? Chreen?s orders were to be followed as the word of the Chancellor himself. ? Order Captain Stintus to move his ships on the left flank of the Separatist fleet?

?Lt. Piett, order all fighters to engage the center portion of the fleet!? Chreen shouted.

?Sir? Piett responded. In a flash the first great battle of his young career had begun.

The Venator class Star Destroyer, Pursuer, opened her hangar deck doors and thirty ARC-170 fighters flung from her.

The unknown command ship of the Separatist fleet was a kilometer long Providence Class carrier/destroyer. A very formidable foe under any circumstances. From it?s hanger flew out dozens of Vulture droids. Mindless machines of death knowing only programming.

The ARC-170 fighters from the Pursuer met the threat and quickly eliminated the first wave. The 170?s orders were simple, drag the Vulture droids away and towards the flanking Republic ships. Leaving the center portion of the Separatist fleet open to the might of the Pursuer and her Admiral.

?Target the lead command ship Lt.?. Chreen knew what he was planning to do on his orders being very simple. Destroy the Separatist threat no matter the cost. Chreen knew this would cost thousands of lives but the value of the Outer Rim was much greater.
    In a brilliant display of color forming itself into death, the battle was going as planned by Admiral Chreen. The Separatist?s left and right flank had broken off and left its core of Municifent class frigates and Providence class ships exposed. Standing fifty strong, the Separatist fleet was now exposed to the tactical superiority of Admiral Chreen.

?Order our ships to release ALL fighters into that center group for our arrow? Chreen?s voice sounding as confident as ever.
    As the hundreds, to many to count, of ARC-170 fighter began to pierce through the caught off guard Separatists, Admiral Chreen ordered his group of ships to engage straight on.
    Passing through the center core of the Separatist fleet, the massive war ships of both sides exchanged cannon fire inflicting great damage. Damage to each foe as the first pass was through. ?Damage report!? shouted Chreen. ?Sir, we have sustained very minimal damage? stated a confident bridge officer. ?Sorry to say the Warrior?s Breath, is lost?
    Chreen knew this much as he saw for himself as the lead ship, Warrior?s Breath, was devastated port and aft by dozens of cannon shots. She was lost and so were seven thousand lives.

?Prepare for the second pass and give me a status on the flanking ships!? Chreen was very calculated. Piet

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Nice look at were Piett started from. Well written space battle as well! I look forward to seeing more from you hitmbig! :) :)

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm so jealous! I can't write action, especially space battles, to save my life! You did a superb job with this one! =D=

4. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    Thanks! I had a really fun time envisioning these battles. I am going to add more to this story or just write another one about an early battle Piett had with the rebels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.