main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shattered Glass - ROTS AU - A/P - NEW UPDATE 5/30 - Chapter 32!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Padlei, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Shattered glass

Time period : ROTS AU
    Characters: Anakin/Vader, Padmé mainly.
    Rating: PG13.
    Genre: Angst.
    Summary: Instead of going to Anakin on Mustafar Padmé thinks better of it at the last minute and decides to wait for him to go back to Coruscant like she told him she would. But what Obi-Wan told her has shaken her and she quickly realizes the Anakin coming back to her is not really her husband?
    A/N: Plot bunny bit me out of nowhere after listening to some comments by the Flannelled One himself on the ROTS commentary? And I realized that all the events were in part due to Padmé not waiting for Anakin. If she never went to Mustafar, Obi-Wan was unable to find Anakin and so on...

A/N 2: This fic doesn't have anything to do with Hayden Christensen's movie (I haven't even seen it :p) the title just made sense here. ;)

Warning: It's going to be angsty. Anakin has turned to the dark side after all. ;)

Thanks so much to leia_naberrie for beta-ing this story and listening to my incessant babbling! [:D] [:D]

PM list:
    CrazyAni
    VA_Parky
    Daenarrah
    DarthVaderette
    FitJedi
    Anakin_Heartbreaker
    anakin_luver
    delta-7starfighter
    JediMasterRev
    AnakinLuver
    jedi_princess18
    Erised_Star
    HandmaidenVeme
    naadi
    MoAngel
    DragonLotus
    Kitten
    EverydayAngel
    star_writer24
    ROTSFan
    Kyana-Morgaine
    laura_az
    Anakins_Queen
    WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT
    DarthSilious
    JediMasterJessica
    Anakins_Fallen_Angel
    BattousaiCV
    Lady_JediSkywalker
    teethlee
    tamiki
    EGKenobi
    DarthGimpy
    Anakins_Kiss
    Lady_Skywalker87
    Jedi_QueenBee
    his_desiring_flame

Without further ado, here's the prologue. It is short but Chapter 1 should come soon.

Prologue

A lone figure stood in the darkness, appraising the form covered by the bed sheets silently. It stood in the doorway, listening, staring, unable to move. The form beneath the covers stirred slightly, curls moving on the pillow. The silent eyes watched the strands of hair spilling on the mattress. They roamed, caressing the gentle curves appearing to their attention. The figure moved out of the doorway, walking soundlessly into the room, shadowing the woman?s face.

The light barely filtered through the blinds and yet she was still beautiful.

The shadow amplified on her face, as the figure bent down towards her, gloved fingers tracing the contours of the face. Barely touching, hovering over the skin. The fingers got bolder, rested on the smooth skin. It traced small patterns on the cheek.

The face moved. Eyelashes flickered. Brown eyes opened silently. A frown marred her delicate features and then liquid filled the very eyes that went straight to his soul. Her lips opened slightly, revealing a name, whispered with longing and love and acceptance.

?Anakin??

The whisper echoed in the silent room. The figure stiffened even when small hands escaped the cool sheets and reached out to the face concealed by the dark hood. The fingertips began to caress the rough skin.

The dark figure straightened this time, away from the delicate touch, away from the brown inquisitive eyes and the warmth of the body underneath the bed sheets. Away from the light in her eyes. She straightened slightly in her bed, sitting up, silky nightgown clinging to her curves like a second skin. The brown eyes seemed to pierce through the dark cloak, even partially concealed by the darkness and his shadow covering her. The figure took a step back, retreating backwards to the window. She frowned and her legs elegantly flipped over her side. Her face was completely illuminated as she got up slowly. The eyes under the hood went immediately to the bulge under the silk as she moved.

?Anakin??

The name was repeated again, seemingly not belonging to anyone in this room. It dropped into the silence that stretched between the two silent figures standing soundlessly in the dark room.

She didn?t seem to care though. Steps taken towards the figure. Hands plunging inside the warmth of the cloak. Brown hair caressing the roug

2. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Wow...wow..what a chilly beginning! I agree with you, many of the late RotS events happened due to Padme not waiting for Anakin.

Even it's still early, I really hope that you'll redeem Anakin at the end. As long as you don't put him into the suit, I'm perfectly content with human Vader, anyway.:p [face_blush] Just kidding, I'll still read it with cyborg Vader.

If you're going to have a PM list for this story, may I be on it? Thanks in advance!:)

CrazyAni

PS: your signature says something of being delusional...If you refer to Harry Potter books, I happen to be delusional as well! I was a passionate supporter of Pumpkin Pie (Harry/Hermione), and I still think that they belong together! Big fat dot, no contradictions! CrazyAni is always right.;)

3. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Wow, just wow, I loved every part of this, it was amazing, wonderful job Padlei, and do you think that you could pm me when you update? Thanks[:D]

4. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    :D Wow! What an incredible beginning!

Oh, Padlei - I can already tell I am going to love this. Please put me on the PM list. I'll be watching this with GREAT interest!!

Looking forward to the next post!

5. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    A very dark and chilling beginning with a ray of light at the end. Great work! Add me to your PM list, please.[face_peace]

6. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    What a beginning - stunning, chilling. The darkness of it and the "dark figure" really do a great job of setting the tone for the fic.

Padmé's naivette, as it were, is portrayed very well here. You can tell she wants to believe everything is going to be all right, that Anakin is and is going to be all right.

Then Anakin's back at the end. Padmé's not going to like what he's become.

You must add me to your PM list. [face_praying] I don't want to miss a moment of this.

7. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    I like this. Can you PM me updates?

8. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    add me to the pm list as well.. quite interesting.

9. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    Hi! Here for some replies. Chapter 1 is right below. ;)

CrazyAni

Wow...wow..what a chilly beginning!

Thanks! That's the atmosphere I wanted to create. :)

Even it's still early, I really hope that you'll redeem Anakin at the end.

[face_mischief] You know I can't reply to that, don't you?

As long as you don't put him into the suit, I'm perfectly content with human Vader, anyway.

LOL. I don't think that's much of a big deal so I can reveal that there will be no Cyborg!Vader. :p The events on Mustafar never happened since Padmé never went there. And... as you will see, it changes a lot of things regarding Obi-Wan and co... ;)

You're on the PM list. :) Thanks for reading!

BTW :eek: :D You're delusional too! [:D] I'm a believer in H/Hr too. Heh. I'm always right when it comes to ships too so I have trouble picturing anything than that in Book 7 no matter what a certain someone says. ;)

Star_Angel

Thanks so much! :D Of course, you're on the PM list. ;)

VA_Parky

Thanks! :D I'm so glad to see you following this. :) And you're on the PM list too. :)

The next post is right below. ;)

Mr_Dagobah

A very dark and chilling beginning with a ray of light at the end.

That was exacly what I was going for. :) I'm glad to see you here, fellow Thwarted fate reader. ;)

You're on the PM list. :)

Daenarrah

Thanks for your comments! :) Padmé is indeed a little bit naive but it's going to change quickly. [face_worried]

To become Vader, Anakin has to be detached and immune to emotions or he wouldn't be able to do what he did. And that's how he is when he comes back to Padmé.

Padmé's not going to like what he's become

:( Indeed. I can't tell more but her reaction to Anakin's change is what is going to tear her apart.

You're on the PM list too. :)

DarthVaderette

Thanks for stopping by. :) You're on the PM list.

FitJedi

You're added too. Thanks for reading! :)

All right, folks, here's the first chapter. It is a little bit like the calm before the storm.

A/N: Those of you who read Reflection will see some parallels between the two fics. :)

Enjoy!

Chapter 1

His lips left hers an instant later. She pressed herself still closer, curls caressing his face soothingly, warmth washing over him through her body. Hands buried inside his hair almost frantically as she pulled away, searching his face.

?Anakin?? she breathed, ?I?ve been so, so worried?? She stammered.

The accent in her voice was true; she was shaking with fear.

?I?m fine, my love.?

The words sounded hollow even to his ears. They were everything his earlier words, then, behind that pillar, were not. He sounded comforting, almost lethargic in his happiness but it was a lie.

She seemed to sense it for she smoothed the sides of his face between her warm palms. It failed to provide the comfort it once brought him. Her embrace was shallow and cold where it was once warm and soothing.

?Are you hurt??

Her brown eyes searched his and he smiled. The smile didn?t reach his eyes though.

?I?m all right. The war is over. Everything will be all right.?

The comforting, soft tone of his voice made her shiver and she frowned. He never again wanted to see her beautiful face marred by a frown. He would see to whatever was troubling her. She would get everything. This world, the galaxy, the whole Universe if needed to be.

Everything.

He would see to it.

?The Separatists leaders are all dead. The Holonet proclaimed it earlier today.? She whispered in the darkness.

But in her voice, there was no contentment or gratitude.

There was fear and mistrust. She was hiding some

10. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh, that was a wonderful update, sad but wonderful =D= =D= =D=.

I can?t wait to see what is going to happen now cuz I have no idea, I mean, sometimes you can guess but with this I have no idea.

Thank you for the pm[:D], I can?t wait to read more.

11. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh my goodness... I wonder what is going to happen next? Will Anakin tell her truth? Will Padme accept him for what he's done? Will he come back from the dark side? So many questions.

12. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Great start, I am really enjoying this! :)

Please PM when you update!

13. VA_Parky

Aug 10, 2005
    :eek: Wow!! That was intense.

You are doing an absolutely beautiful job depicting Anakin's internal struggle. Right here, he's more Vader than anything else, but there's a trace of Anakin that just can't be banished. Of course, you know who I'm hoping triumphs eventually but in the meantime - wow, what a ride! :D

Oh, and a million @};- to you for giving us an Anakin! Shower! Scene! =P~ =P~ =P~ Please feel free to write many more of those if you ever feel the need. Wheeeeee!!!!

This is shaping up to be a fantastic story! I can't wait for the next part.

Great job! =D=

14. CrazyAni

Feb 23, 2006
    Amazing chapter!!=D= =D==D=

I loved how you portrayed Anakin's inner struggle. Somehow I don't think that he's content with being a Sith. I hope this Vader is not 100% vaderish yet, he's just Anakin being sithly.;)

If Padme turns away from Anakin after she learns the truth, it'll be the biggest mistake she could ever make. But canon Padme still tried to redeem Anakin on Mustafar with her love, so I hope "your" Padme won't give him divorce straight away.

Yay!! No cyborg Anakin![face_dancing] Of course I prefer Light Side Anakin, but having human "Vader" is not bad either.:p

I'm glad that someone else besides me supports Harry/Hermione. If Harry/Ginny had been written decently in HBP, I would have been more or less okay with it, or if Harry's feelings for Ginny didn't come out of blue. Oh, and I hated HBP Hermione.

*clears her throat*

I drifted off topic. Sorry!:D As already said, I loved the chapter and I'm dying for more!!!

Thanks for the PM![:D]

CrazyAni

15. powerfulforce

powerfulforce Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 16, 2005
    Please do not use another writer's story thread to advertise your own fics. Thank you.

16. rb657062

rb657062 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Please put me on the PM list. This is a cool twist!

Padme really is the innocent catalyst in episode III. So much happens because of her (in regard to Anakin's actions and Obi-Wan traveling to Mustafar).

Like someone else already said, I cannot predict exactly where you are going to take this bunny plotline. It's all so exciting, here: @};-

- Rachel

17. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004

Wonderful start; very intense. Anakin seems very true to character.

18. Daenarrah

Nov 12, 2005
    I loved this chapter so much. You're depiction of Anakin and his inner struggle is great. He's still so torn about what he's done and add to that that he's now Darth Vader.

I really liked the significance of the shower scene. He felt dirty so he tried to wash away his sins. They'll never leave him, though.

He's afraid of what Padmé's going to say so he doesn't want to face it or discuss it with her. I like how he asked her to trust him. It's like he's desperate to have it.

Thank you so much for the PM. This really helped make my day so much better.

19. Mr_Dagobah

Aug 30, 2005
    This is such exceptional writing. That was such a sad chapter. All the tenderness is overshadowed by the lies and the secrets. Great work, Padlei, and thank you for adding me to your PM list and also for the sweet welcome![:D] [face_peace]

20. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    :eek:

Thanks so much for these replies! [:D] Chapter 2 is right below. :)

Star_Angel

A @};- for you for getting the first reply. ;)

You think it was sad? Wait for what's next. [face_devil]

I'm glad you think it's surprising enough. Me thinks you're going to be surprised at the turn of events.

You're welcome for the PM. Thanks for reading! :)

FitJedi

I wonder what is going to happen next?

Don't we all? :p

Will Anakin tell her truth?

Mmh... The answer to this is in the next chapter.

Will Padme accept him for what he's done?

That's the question, isn't it? All I can tell you is that it's going to get worse. :(

Will he come back from the dark side?

Mmh... [face_mischief] You know I can't reply to this, don't you? ;)

Anakin_Heartbreaker

You're on the PM list. :)

Thanks for reading!

VA_Parky

Thanks so much for your review, dear! :D So you think he's more Vader than Anakin now, huh? [face_thinking] Interesting. I wonder what you're going to think of what's next. ;)

Heh. Hope is great. [face_devil]

There's always a trace of Anakin there. GL always said there was this tiny voice inside of him that would never recede.

Oh, and a million @};- to you for giving us an Anakin! Shower! Scene!

ROTFLMAO! I was not expecting this! Heh. I like picturing Anakin in a shower, that's all I'm going to say. The shower was the device to show Anakin in a vulnerable state. There's no cloak or darkness to protect him from what he's done. And I thought the shower served as an interesting device as to Anakin wishing he could wash away his sins.

Please feel free to write many more of those if you ever feel the need. Wheeeeee!!!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I can tell you there's already at least another shower scene. ;)

CrazyAni

Tnanks so much for your comments! :)

Somehow I don't think that he's content with being a Sith.

No, Anakin is not really content to be a Sith. He did it for Padmé in the first place. There's a part of him
    that's disgusted by being a Sith and a traitor. He was trained to fight them all his life. I don't think he's going to
    love them all a sudden. To Anakin, the dark side has always been a mean to an end.

I hope this Vader is not 100% vaderish yet, he's just Anakin being sithly.

Oh no, Vader is not 100% Vader-ish yet (has he ever been BTW? [face_thinking]) He's more Dark!Anakin now [face_devil]

If Padme turns away from Anakin after she learns the truth, it'll be the biggest mistake she could ever make.

A @};- for you. That's going to be quite problematic for Padmé. She's going to be torn.

But canon Padme still tried to redeem Anakin on Mustafar with her love, so I hope "your" Padme won't give him divorce straight away.

LOL! The next chapter is going to deal with that. Because the confrontation is going to happen. But Obi-Wan is not there so it'll end up differently...

Of course I prefer Light Side Anakin, but having human "Vader" is not bad either. (/i]

You and me both. ;) Though if Anakin was supposed to be a cyborg, as you said, I would have done it. But I always associated Cyborg!Vader with the loss of everything in his life. For now, he has Padmé and his future family. The suit can't enter, know what I mean?

I'm glad that someone else besides me supports Harry/Hermione.

I don't think we're alone, there are a lot of H/Hr shippers out there. ;)

If Harry/Ginny had been written decently in HBP, I would have been more or less okay with it

*sighs* Exactly. I'm not an H/G shipper but Ginny was such a b**** in HBP no one deserved to be paired off with her.
    I even preferred H/Cho, that's saying something. :p
    Apart from Harry, all the characters were more or less weird

21. CrazyAni

Feb 23, 2006
    Wow, what an outstanding update! It left me breathless! =D= =D=

I'm glad that Padme doesn't think as of lost yet, she loves him, and I think only her love can bring him back. Well, without Obi-Wan and his lightsabre our Ani isn't lost yet. I'm so glad that Anakin won't be wearing Vader suit in your story, and I hope he'll see his children being born...he deserves that.

I'm looking forward to the confrontation between Anakin and Obi-Wan! It should be interesting!

And I agree, let's continue our discussion about H/Hr and stupid cow Ginny per PM! I'm literally dying to read the seventh book, hope Harry will kill Voldemort without thinking about the Dark Side!:D And then he and Hermione (oops sorry! I meant Ginny) can live happily ever after.

Thanks for the PM and update soon!

CrazyAni

22. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    WOw.... I didn't think you would go down that road and still force choke Padme.. I'll be interested to see what Anakin will do now that he did this. Can he come back to the light? What will Padme think of this now? Can't wait for more.

23. Mr_Dagobah

Aug 30, 2005
    I feel shudders going through me. That was scary stuff at the end. What a horrible thing to realize, huh? I mean that the man that you loved can so strongly turn against you and become almost alien to you]-} . Yes, it was deja vu, but much more nicely written in my opinion. I particularly liked the yellow eyes bit. So, kudos on a chapter well written. This fic is going down under my favourites list.[face_peace]

24. Daenarrah

Nov 12, 2005
    Wow! :eek: :eek: This chapter left me stunned, amazed and speechless. The way you carried the darkness throughout the entire scene gave me the chills. I could feel Anakin slip into Vader. Then I almost cried at the end there when he choked her, even for the shortest of seconds, and returned to Anakin afterwards.

I felt so bad for Padmé having to face all that and watch in horror as he husband changes before her eyes. I can only imagine how devastated she must have felt to find out everything Obi-Wan had told her was true, and then to see it on her husband's face. And to know he did it all for her. Oh man, the guilt and misery and sickness she must feel. I know my stomach would be turning if the man I loved did something like that and told me he did it all for me.

Yet, she knows Anakin, the good man that he is, is still there. She saw him and felt him just moments ago. :( :_|

25. VA_Parky

Aug 10, 2005
    AUGHHHH!!! Anakin, what have you done???!! :eek: [face_shame_on_you]

Oh man, Padlei - I really love the way you are writing Padme. Even though she knows what Anakin has done, how many lives he has taken - she still stands her ground, deeply certain that her husband can be saved from the darkness. Great, great job depicting that.

I was shaken up by the end. Anakin is certainly having some mood swings. Maybe he's actually the one who's pregnant. Hee! ;)

Seriously though - great work here. This story is incredible. The emotions are so real that my heart soars and plummets right along with the characters. :)

And we get another Anakin! Shower! Scene! in an upcoming chapter? Yay!! =D= :D BTW, the symbolism was beautifully done in the previous chapter but I just couldn't formulate comments past the Anakin + Shower = Wheee! factor. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.