main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shattered Glass - ROTS AU - A/P - NEW UPDATE 5/30 - Chapter 32!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Padlei, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I was on the edge of my seat when I read this, it was wow, amazing, I loved it, yet it brought a few tears to my eyes. Poor Padmé, I do hope that she can get Anakin to come back.

2. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Hello... Here for some replies and... the next chapter. I was supposed to post it tomorrow but since it's quite shorter I decided to post it now. :)

CrazyAni

A @};- to you for getting the first reply. ;)

Wow, what an outstanding update! It left me breathless!

Thanks... [face_blush]

I'm glad that Padme doesn't think as of lost yet, she loves him, and I think only her love can bring him back.

You're right, only her love can bring him back. But isn't Anakin too lost somehow? It's going to be a long ride, that's all I can say.

Well, without Obi-Wan and his lightsabre our Ani isn't lost yet.

Exactly. Obi-wan is a deciding factor in Anakin's transformation too. But... Anakin is so stubborn and still tends to 'focus on the negative'.

I hope he'll see his children being born...he deserves that.

[face_shhh]

[face_devil]

I'm looking forward to the confrontation between Anakin and Obi-Wan!

Mmh... Me too. ;)

And the next chapter comes now. :D

FitJedi

I didn't think you would go down that road and still force choke Padme..

Me neither in fact but it didn't end up the same way. Anakin kinda lost his temper. He didn't Force choke her on purpose in this scene.

What will Padme think of this now?

You're about to find out. ;)

Mr_Dagobah

That was scary stuff at the end.

Anakin can be scary, huh? :( That's when he lets the dark side consume him.

What a horrible thing to realize, huh? I mean that the man that you loved can so strongly turn against you and become almost alien to you

It'd be easier for Padmé if he was completely alien to her somehow. But she knows him and sees right through him. She knows Anakin is still there so it's hard to let go.

it was deja vu, but much more nicely written in my opinion.

[face_blush] [face_blush]

I particularly liked the yellow eyes bit.

I like playing with that. It's such a great device Uncle!George created here. In ROTS, it worked perfectly so I like using it in my fics.

This fic is going down under my favourites list

Wow. [face_blush] I'm flattered. :)

Daenarrah

I could feel Anakin slip into Vader.

I felt so bad for Padmé having to face all that and watch in horror as he husband changes before her eyes.

:( Don't you feel for her in ROTS when she discovers Anakin has changed? When you can just see her heart break? :_| That's what I wanted to write about.

I can only imagine how devastated she must have felt to find out everything Obi-Wan had told her was true, and then to see it on her husband's face.

I insisted on Obi-Wan because there's a matter of trust too. She trusts Anakin above everyone because he's her husband, the man she loves. And then she discovers he basically lied to her and Obi-Wan said the truth. That's quite unsettling and I'm not even mentioning the fact that it's horrible to be confronted to the truth and see for herself how much Anakin has changed.

And to know he did it all for her. Oh man, the guilt and misery and sickness she must feel.

You're right about the guilt and I think that's part of what makes her hurt so much in ROTS.

Yet, she knows Anakin, the good man that he is, is still there

And that's the main conflict about Padmé. She knows what he's done and she can't condone that and OTOH, she wants to help Anakin. And the conflict will be even harder later on.

VA_Parky

AUGHHHH!!! Anakin, what have you done???!!

*slaps him*

Feeling better? :p Anakin can be such an idiot but that Force-choke was more or less accidental.

I really love the way you are writing Padme.

Aww, thanks! :) I'm always so worried about the way I write her.

I was shaken up by the end. Anakin is

3. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh wow, first I laughed do much after another story update and now I almost cried, this update was amazing but sad, I feel so sorry for Padmé, I wonder what she will do now.

Thanks for the pm, I?m looking forward to read more.

4. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh man, poor Padme. :_| She is so lost and confused. Everything she loved and held so dearly has been swept away in an instant - all thanks to Anakin's fear for her. And yet, she can't help but want his comfort. Oh Padlei, what an interesting dilemma you've presented here. [face_thinking]

I also really liked the way you depicted Padme's inability to think of anything to do. And really, what is there for her to do? The Galaxy has changed forever and she was right there to witness it all. She can't flee from the situation - where would she go? Anakin would just bring her right back anyway; All she can do is float around aimlessly - adrift in her mourning.

Whew - I am anxious to see what's going to happen next. Even though things must seem pretty hopeless to Padme right now, I know she won't stay like that for long. She won't be able to stand it!

Great job!!

5. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    My heart goes out to Padmé here. If it wasn't bad enough to discover her husband has become everything Obi-Wan said he had and turn her world upside down, now she having that world forcibly reshaped and molded into one she can't escape. The announcement of her marriage and pregnancy, the title she's been given now to go along with Anakin's. To have to deal with the betrayal by her husband to all she believed in and now to more or less be presented as one who agrees with it. She knows that's how her colleagues are going to see her. That has to be so heartbreaking.

She finally got the peace she wanted for the Republic but at the cost of the Republic itself. And also at the cost of herself in her own way as well. She had everything stripped away from her and was given something in return she doesn't want.

In midst of it all she still wants comfort from Anakin even though she can't stand to look at him right now.

Yet knowing Padmé. She may be down right now but she's far from out.

6. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Another outstanding update!=D= =D=

I can't say I blame Padme for being repulsed by Anakin - he is a murder, after all, and now he represents everything she had been fighting for her entire life. I know it sounds lame, but I still pity Anakin more. Poor bloke, twisted by the Dark Side just because he loved his wife too much.:_| And he still loves her above all. Or am I delusional? :p With every chapter I see less and less of his "Yahoo-I'm -a-Sith" happy dance. And his pain will intensify when/if he turns back.

Oh well, it's too early to discuss Anakin's redemption yet. I'm glad that it's gonna be long and bumpy road, I enjoy angsty fics![face_devil]

Padme is Lady Vader? hehe! Interesting...

Thank you very much for the PM(s) [:D] , and update soon!

CrazyAni

7. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh Very interesting once again. Poor Padme- so confused about what to feel towards Anakin, losing her title as Senator, Anakin being called Lord Vader. So many whirlwind emotions- wonderful as always. I can't wait for more.

8. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Poor Padme it's almost like her husband was killed and she has to live with the murder.

9. anakinsangelover

anakinsangelover Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    OMG awesome story..... Wow....... I wanna countine reading this... Add me to you pm list plz

10. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    ?No one stands between us.? He replied very softly, surprisingly.

No. No one. You killed them all.

How very true. Great chapter, Padlei.[face_peace]

11. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh my gosh.

Oh my gosh!

I can't think of any words to describe this. It is absolutely breathtaking. It really is. The characterization of Anakin I find really amazing because you always find a way to add that little bit of aggression in everything he does. Then when he knows he's gone too far, he goes extra soft. Just like an abusive spouse...really very frightening actually.

Padme's inner voice is really getting to me, in a good way. The way she keeps trying to turn him back, and then how she realizes he's gone and the way she describes him. A stranger. It's so simple, yet fits him perfectly. I love it, love it, love it!

Beautiful beautiful! I would just LOVE to be on your PM list. Outstanding!

12. Raven_Alanna

Raven_Alanna Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2005
    Dear Padlei - This is such a wonderfully created story, I love it! lol
    More than the emotion and depth you bring to Padme's confusion and pain, I really admire the style of your writing. The different perspectives to start with was a refreshing change from most stories, and then after that, your writing seems to have a lyrical quality, as the words and tone flowed so smoothly.....Sorry, lol! Enough waxing lyrical.... just to say I love this story, you're fab, & please add me to your PM list, I would not want to miss a single update!

Thanks, Alanna

13. DragonLotus

DragonLotus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2006
    Hi Padlei,

I just found your story and absolutely love it! Please continue soon.

14. searth_99

searth_99 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2001
    ditto DragonLotus!:)

can I also be on your pm list?
    thanks!

can't wait to read more soon!

15. delta-7starfighter

delta-7starfighter Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Wow! All of these chapters have been outstanding!
    I especially liked these last two chapters! They were emotional and breathtaking!
    I like how he can be Vader for one second, then change back into Anakin the next!
    The characterization of Anakin/Vader and Padme is spectacular! It is what makes this story so great!
    This is a nice little turn around and I'm looking forward to more!=D=
    Please add me to your PM list![face_praying]

16. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    First, thanks so much for all these reviews. [:D] It made my day. :)

Star_Angel

First reply again. ;)

first I laughed do much after another story update and now I almost cried

Sorry... *sheepish* I'm not sure you're going to laugh a lot with this story. I should try to write more lightened stories. :p

I feel so sorry for Padmé, I wonder what she will do now.

That's the question, isn't it? ;) Next chapter should give a better insight in Padmé's state of mind.

You're welcome for the PM and Chapter 4 will come... ASAP.

VA_Parky

Thanks for your comments... :D

Everything she loved and held so dearly has been swept away in an instant - all thanks to Anakin's fear for her.

*sighs* Anakin... Yeah, poor Padmé. Somehow she was lucky in ROTS, she died before really witnessing everything. But in this AU, she can only watch helplessly.

And yet, she can't help but want his comfort.

Anakin's her only comfort as much as a paradox it seems. He's the last thing she can hold onto somehow, even though he's changed... Hence her misery. If Anakin was still the man she married, she would have coped out much better, they would have fought together.

She can't flee from the situation - where would she go?

It's going to be developed more in the next chapters. You're right when you say Anakin would look for her everywhere. And how would he take the news? [face_worried]

Even though things must seem pretty hopeless to Padme right now, I know she won't stay like that for long.

It shows you know Padmé well. ;) But what will she do exactly? Mmh... that's a question... that won't be answered in the next chapter. :p

Daenarrah

She had everything stripped away from her and was given something in return she doesn't want.

Exactly. Padmé never asked for this and she's confronted to something she loathes. The loss of her position as a Senator did indeed break her. And even if she was still a Senator, Padmé knows the Senate has no power any longer now. She saw it for herself with the Empire.

In midst of it all she still wants comfort from Anakin even though she can't stand to look at him right now.

It's not going to get any better and it's kinda a vicious circle as you'll see. :(

She may be down right now but she's far from out.

Exactly. Padmé is not out but... it's going to be difficult to do anything.

CrazyAni

Another outstanding update!

[face_blush] [face_blush]

I can't say I blame Padme for being repulsed by Anakin

You think she's repulsed now? [face_devil]

I still pity Anakin more.

That's good news. :) I don't want to show Anakin as being completely lost. Though I'm not sure of your reaction in the next chapter. [face_worried]

And he still loves her above all. Or am I delusional?

LOL! No, you're not. ;) Anakin loves Padmé of course... and that's so sad.

With every chapter I see less and less of his "Yahoo-I'm -a-Sith" happy dance.

Are you sure about this? [face_devil]

We'll see.

And his pain will intensify when/if he turns back.

Indeed, but I'm not sure it's a matter of turning back or not. Within the canon, Vader is still plenty tortured but the circumstances are different here. Or are they? [face_mischief]

Oh well, it's too early to discuss Anakin's redemption yet.

You said it. And no one said Anakin will redeem himself. [face_devil]

I enjoy angsty fics!

Heh, me too. I think I have some issues, I love reading/writing them.

You're welcome for the PM. ;)

FitJedi

Poor Padme- so confused about what to feel towards Anakin, losing her title as Senator, Anakin being called Lord Vader.

I think it's a good summary. ;) Poor Padmé needs time to accept all this.

Thanks for your comments, the next chapter sh

17. rb657062

rb657062 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    oh, what a teaser. Post soon [face_praying]

lol.

- Rachel

18. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Padlei:

I'm not sure Anakin is really an abusive spouse. If it was not for the dark side, he would never touch a hair from Padmé's head. Everything comes from the fact that he can't control his anger with the dark side. He has trouble controlling all the raw power he's gained.

Oh no I didn't mean it that way. Just when he choked her, and then was saying "I'm sorry" over and over again, and stroking her hair. It reminded me of when an abusive spouse hurts his wife and then apologizes and etc, but continues doing so. Anakin's only physical attack was the choke so far (and grabbing her arms) but I meant it as emotionally.

Great teaser! Update soon!

19. delta-7starfighter

Nov 12, 2005
    What an evil teaser![face_devil]
    Should we expect the post sometime today?[face_praying]

20. Lieutenant_Jaina

Lieutenant_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2003
    [face_worried] *shiver* This story is soooo good! I love it. Few stories make me actually shiver. Ana-err... Vader, is really scary. Great character developement. Can't wait for the next post!

21. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    WOW!!!! =D=

The last two chapters have been emotionally charged. I love the way you integrated the dialogue from ROTS during their confrontation.

I honestly can't wait to see what happens next!!! :)

22. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    I'm glad to see my teaser had some success. [face_devil]

rb657062

Lol, the next post should come soon.

anakin_luver

Don't worry, I understood what you meant. I only wanted to insist on the 'abusive' term. ;)

delta-7starfighter

What an evil teaser!

[face_devil] I know...

Should we expect the post sometime today?

Oops. :p The next post should come very soon, there really are not many changes to make.

Lieutenant_Jaina

Few stories make me actually shiver

I'm flattered then. :) Thanks for your comments. :D

Anakin_Heartbreaker

Thanks! :D

I love the way you integrated the dialogue from ROTS during their confrontation.

I like integrating dialogue from canon in AU. I love the irony of it somehow. ;)

Well, next post should come soon. :)

23. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    And soon is right now in fact. ;)

Many thanks to leia_naberrie for all her suggestions and advices. [:D]

Here's Chapter 4.

Enjoy... [face_devil]

Chapter 4

When the Jedi appeared at her doorstep, Padmé was not even surprised. Somehow she knew he would come back and her security didn?t seem to be a problem to him. It was almost laughable the way C3PO had tried to send Obi-Wan away, asking her if she really wanted a Jedi in her home.

This is not proper etiquette, Miss Padmé! Master Anakin said Jedi were traitors.

She had waved the protocol droid away, suddenly annoyed.

And now, she stayed there, unmoving, eyeing him silently. His shoulders were slumped down in defeat and he looked as drained as she was. Her eyes instinctively went to the faint burns on his face and the way he limped slightly as he came a little bit closer. It was strange to see the mighty Master Jedi she knew looking so diminished. A shiver went down her spine as she realized what Palpatine was capable of.

The Jedi stayed silent, his eyes trailing to her belly thoughtfully. She moved then, pulled her robe tight around her as if to shield her child from him.

She wondered what he could possibly want from her again. The expression on her face must give away all she knew anyway.

Everyone called her ?Lady Vader? now, the name making the blood run cold in her veins. It was a matter of days before they moved out of the 500 Republica into Anakin?s new residence.

All this time, she was wondering why she was still there. Why she was still with him. They barely talked. He was always away ?and she didn?t want to think about what he was doing on these missions, his eyes yellow when he came back and the coldness of his hand on her belly-. He was trying to bridge the gap between them but something was broken in her, between them, she didn?t know anymore. She could not bear to have his hands on her body. And yearned for them at the same time. He seemed to understand even if it was breaking him silently. They stayed side by side at night, barely touching, like strangers.

Why was she still there?

Was it what the Jedi wanted to ask her?

He pulled his hood away from his face and smiled slightly.

?What are you doing here, Master Kenobi?? she asked coldly.

His blue eyes shone with misery.

?I have come to retrieve you, Padmé.?

She took a step backwards in reflex, crossing her arms in self protection.

?Why??

?You are in danger here. We?re leaving Coruscant now. Senator Organa accepted to help us-?

?What makes you think I want to flee with you and Master Yoda??

Her brown eyes locked with his surprised ones.

?Anakin is dangerous. Surely you?ve realized it yourself by now!?

She stayed in front of him, unmoving.

?He did not harm me.?

Not much, her treacherous mind added silently.

?It is a matter of time,? Obi-Wan replied dryly. ?Think of your child! You have to protect it from the Sith!?

Her eyes narrowed this time. She felt the relieving sensation of anger coiling in her stomach.

?How dare you?? she murmured icily. ?Don?t you think I have considered my child??

?Then, do the only thing you can do, Padmé,? he pleaded, extending a hand towards her. ?Please, we don?t have much time.?

?I am staying with my husband.? The blood was running cold in her veins.

Her loyalty to him was the only thing that still made sense.

Obi-Wan?s face hardened.

?Anakin is no more.?

The tiny, treacherous voice made its way into Padmé?s mind again.

Why are you staying?

He was not the man she married. And yet she didn?t want to leave him. Was it because of the child within her womb? Or because Anakin was the last thing she held onto? Because his eyes still shone with some kind of unnamed emotion whenever he looked at her? Because he would whisper things in her hair at night, things he thought she could not hear but did, things about having no other choice and I?m doing this for you, please, I?m doing

24. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Okay, so I have no word, that was so creepy, but yet so great, I loved this update and thanks for the pm, I?m really looking forward to see how this will go so please update soon.

25. delta-7starfighter

Nov 12, 2005
    WOW! That was Intense!!!:eek:
    You really bring out the monster in Anakin!
    I feel sorry for Padme. She really has to see what Anakin has become. I mean she did in ROTS, but now that she has decided to stay with him she has to see it countless times.
    That was a really, really good chapter! I can't wait for more!
    Thanks for the PM!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.