main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shattered Glass - ROTS AU - A/P - NEW UPDATE 5/30 - Chapter 32!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Padlei, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teethlee

teethlee Jedi Master star 1

Sep 24, 2004
    Wow! Awsome! I am suprised padme talking like that!
    Really looking forward next chap!
    BTW thanks for the PM:D

2. naadi

naadi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2005
    An amazing chapter,It looks like anakin is drifting further away,I hope she can get through to him.Can't wait for more!!

3. DarthGimpy

DarthGimpy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2004
    Well I've finally caught up. I started reading this fic about 6 hours ago, and have been looking at it off and on during the day, and I'm finally up to date. My eyes hurt, LOL. The only bones I'd have to pick are that Obi-Wan is my favorite Star Wars character so I'm kind of disappointed that Padme wants Anakin to kill him about 30 times before he hits the ground. Also, Vader seems so effective at having spies everywhere that I wonder if it's possible for anything to take place in the galaxy without him becoming aware of it? With the strength of his security apparatus, I'm amazed any "Rebellion" can possibly exist at all with being uncovered.

But I absolutely love the plot line and the whole Anakin/Padme plotline has so many shades of grey, I really feel for all of them and dislike them at times as well, it's really fun to read. Could you please add me to the PM list?

4. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Poor Padme, stuck between a rock and a hard place- loving Anakin but trying to save Anakin from the dark side as well as the galaxy. Can't wait to see what Happens once Anakin does find Obi-Wan and how he will react once he returns to the palace.

5. Lady_JediSkywalker

Lady_JediSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2006
    OMG you need to update soon I love this story!!!

6. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    I can't believe I have finally caught up. It took me a few days to read through all of it and it is fantastic. Keep going and add me on the PM list. Please?:D

7. his_desiring_flame

his_desiring_flame Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2008
    ...a very realistic take of what could've happened,simply beautiful=D= ...I'll be waiting for more...

8. DarthGimpy

Nov 17, 2004
    It's been awhile, I hope you'll update it soon...

9. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Hello, everyone!!

Am happy to bring another chapter if not very long...

Once again I would like to thank everyone for following this story after all this time. I'm really really grateful for that.

EverydayAngel

I really Loved this chapter.

Thank you!
    (very good to bring back that Anakin choked her and she still thinks about/it still hurts her. Something like that shouldn't be easily forgotten)

Thanks, I really wanted to bring that back into the picture. There's still much hurt beneath all this.

I'm nervous for Anakin. Without Padmé's anchor will he slip more to the dark side when facing Obi-Wan?

Mmh... We'll see. [face_devil]

I did love his tender moment with his children and the reality of how it's hard to pay attention to both at once happy

Thanks! I always try to make them real even though I don't have children. ;)

ROTSFan

It's a real pickle of a situation when you want something and don't want it at the same time.

Yes, it IS angsty, right? And totally what Padmé would feel like at the moment. She's in constant turmoil too.

It was intended that his cold reprimand of Leia be a bad sign, but I wondered--how do most people discipline their children? I've certainly lost my patience and sent kids to time outs; sometimes tears were involved. But is Anakin any different because of his experience/position or is this just plain parenting?

If Anakin was his old self it would've been plain parenting. But he's not his old self anymore and it's not just discipline. He didn't just snap, he used the dark side to make her stop immediately. And that's what Leia reacted at mostly.

At least he's trying to make everything work for her family and keep his temper under control.

That's because Padmé likes forgetting about Anakin changing... She keeps comparing him to his former self when he last met his family. But of course the meeting has to turn out differently and she has trouble accepting that.

It was good, I suppose, that Padme made amends with her family. I just felt almost a little guilty for her reading it because it seemed like she was revealing a secret or plotting behind his back, when he trusts her explicitly. I dunno...hopefully her family can just keep their discretion and Anakin can be open to her ideas.

The conflict Padmé's been facing since the beginning hasn't disappeared... And it was meant to make you as uncomfortable as PAdmé. I'm glad I managed it. ;)

Thank you so much for this review, dear! :)

MoAngel

Wow, everyone's so intense. They really need to lighten up. Get it? Light-en? Not dark!

LOL my muse is in charge, sorry, I'm just following... :p

Seriously though, I can't wrap my feelings about Anakin. One moment he's playing daddy, the next he sucking the air out of the room.

He's hard to follow, huh? That's the dark side talking... Sometimes his true self peeks through, sometimes he's the DArk Lord of the Sith all over again...

We'll see about Anakin. But one thing is for sure, that whole mission to find Obi-Wan WILL change things... [face_worried]

EGKenobi

Thank you! Unfortunately I'm not sending PMs this time around...

AnakinLuver

Thank you very much, dear!! I'm so happy you liked it.

tamiki

Interesting how Padme is affected by her family, some resentment against Anakin for hurting her comes to the surface now.

We're always different when we're around our family, aren't we? And it made Padmé talk to people outside her little cocoon so to speak.

Thank you for those compliments! *blushes*

Am glad you liked it and sorry for the delay...

_ThatJediScum_

Oh Goodness! I feel like crying!

I always feel evil but I like that. [face_devil]

I feel like Padmé just threw Anakin to the wolves to save herself. I'm not liking her conversation with her family at all. Yes it might have been the truth but it felt like

10. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Awww, that was beautiful but sad, and great update. I'm hoping for more soon and glad I was watching!

Anakin had left an imprint forever.

A bitter smile crept on the Jedi's face. His mechanical hand clenched automatically.

Hadn't it been what his former apprentice wanted back then? Leaving something behind? Being regarded as the greatest Jedi ever?

Now he would be remembered forever.

A perpetuator of genocide.

Killer of his own kind.

Spiteful much, Obi-Wan? He sounds a little vengeful.

"Now you can join your blessed Force? And you were right, it is a moment for rejoicing."

Nothing answered him.

How all of this seems so useless and empty?

The harsh bird cries above his head seemed to intensify.

The whisper grew more intense?

Anakin?

His lips tightened into a thin line.

He still had to find Obi-Wan.

The Emperor turned away and didn't look back.

Behind him, the tiny Jedi body gradually disappeared and the whisper grew silent.

Hopefully there is still hope for him, and I think there is, but all the Jedi but Qui-Gon do lack the patience they need for redemption.

11. DarthGimpy

Nov 17, 2004
    How sad...

12. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    geez...so many contrasts in this fic...i love it. the change in mood is so instant, as well, great work with that.

i can't wait to see where this story goes next...awesome job Padlei :D

13. Lady_JediSkywalker

Lady_JediSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2006
    I cant Believe He killed Yoda!! Thanks for updating!! Cant wait for more

14. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    :(

I was hoping Yoda would at least be able to talk to him for a little while longer... but no such luck.

It's always been too late.

Now he shows how much he's actually suffering, but yet again, will he finally realize how much he's suffering, being a Sith?

Great update Padlei!

Rachel Rose@};-

15. tamiki

tamiki Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    I'm so glad you updated, but a rather dark chapter. [face_worried]
    Interesting that Yoda thought he could bring Anakin back to the light, but failed.
    Anakin/Vader is still his own worst enemy with a lot of arrogance, fear, shame and uncertainty hidden under the sith surface. Unfortunate the vader persona dominates without Padmes influence. Anakin is still there, but will he ever break free from the dark? [-o|
    Can't wait to see what happens next. @};-

16. teethlee

Sep 24, 2004
    sad..... :(

17. EverydayAngel

EverydayAngel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2006
    That was brilliant and heartbreaking. And chilling with the whispers Anakin heard and how he felt loss, not victory.

Yay for Barriss surviving. I like her.
    I like the promise of a future with the Padawans who escaped.

I am excited for more :)

18. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    Hello, everyone!

I'm sorry for the delay once again. Next part of Chapter 28 is already written and in the hands of my beta, I'm working on the third part of the Chapter and hope I'll post all this pretty soon. In the meantime, thanks to all of you for still following this story. [:D]

ROTSFan

Awww, that was beautiful but sad, and great update. I'm hoping for more soon and glad I was watching!

Thank you!! :)

Spiteful much, Obi-Wan? He sounds a little vengeful.

Who wouldn't be? ;) He did lose a hand, most of his companions and is still reeling from Anakin's betrayal and his own inability to stop him.

Hopefully there is still hope for him, and I think there is, but all the Jedi but Qui-Gon do lack the patience they need for redemption.

Exactly. They all think he's too far gone to come back. Thinking someone can come back from the dark side goes against everything they've been taught.

Thank you for your review, once again! [:D]

DarthGimpy

How sad...

.... I know. :(

Thank you for reading! :)

anakin_luver

geez...so many contrasts in this fic...i love it. the change in mood is so instant, as well, great work with that.

Thank you! :) I like playing with contrasts indeed.

Thank you so much for the kind words and for sticking around after all this time! [:D]

Lady_JediSkywalker

I cant Believe He killed Yoda!!

LOL! At last someone is shocked I killed off Yoda. Guess there aren't many Yoda fans out there... :p

Aww, thank YOU for reading! [:D]

AnakinLuver

I was hoping Yoda would at least be able to talk to him for a little while longer... but no such luck.

Me too but Vader wouldn't listen. Probably because it wasn't the right time for Anakin to listen...... [face_whistling]

Now he shows how much he's actually suffering, but yet again, will he finally realize how much he's suffering, being a Sith?

Anakin is, as he himself put it, a slow learner. He always needed to have a good hit on the head before understanding... be it canon or AU. ;)

Thank you!! [:D]

tamiki

Yeah, sorry about the darkness. I don't think it'll get better soon though. [face_worried]

Interesting that Yoda thought he could bring Anakin back to the light, but failed.

I always thought Yoda was that way in canon. Of course, it's still subject to fan discussion, such as Obi-Wan's feelings on the matter of redemption. But while I have some doubts about Obi-Wan wanting to save Anakin in the OT, I think Yoda may be more on that side. He at least never out right told Luke to kill his daddy.

Anakin's always been his worst enemy indeed. And he'll need more than Padmé's influence to get him out of this situation, I'm afraid...

Thank you for reading and your comments! :)

teethlee

I know and I'm sorry about that. It's just, I have to follow the story and where the characters lead me. And unfortunately once Anakin turned, Uncle George didn't leave me with much happiness to play with...

Thank you for following this!

EverydayAngel

That was brilliant and heartbreaking. And chilling with the whispers Anakin heard and how he felt loss, not victory.

Wow, thank you. :)

Yay for Barriss surviving. I like her.

Heh, me too. Must be 'Thwarted Fate' for me though. :p

Thank you for your review and still following this! [:D]

19. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    Hello, everyone!

Thanks to my beta, *hugs*, here's the new installment!

Hope you enjoy it. :D

Chapter 28 b/

"Padmé!"

The equally surprised and joyful cry was soon followed by arms pressed tightly around the young woman's tiny form.

Padmé smiled genuinely and hugged her mother back.

After a while spent in her daughter's embrace, Jobal stepped back and ushered her inside. Padmé removed her hood swiftly, taking in her surroundings, still smiling as she heard the familiar hissing of the front door closing behind her.

Home.

"Hasn't changed a bit," she murmured, taking off her heavy robe and putting it on the sofa.

"Where are the twins?" Her mother asked, urging her to sit down beside her on the couch.

"They're in the Palace," Padmé responded, her eyes still roaming over the familiar furniture of her parents' living room. "I kind of sneaked out of there," she elaborated, her gaze finally resting on her mother's confused face. "But I didn't want to risk their safety in any way. They're inside the Palace with the entire Queen's staff to watch over them."

Not to mention, Threepio and Artoo.

Her mother's eyebrows rose slightly.

"They're more protected than the Queen herself," Padmé insisted.

Leaving the Palace had been very difficult. In her mind, Padmé couldn't chase away the nagging picture of Obi-Wan sneaking in to kidnap her children. She had felt very guilty about it -still did if she was honest with herself- but had decided it would be best for them to stay there under Artoo's watch?

? thus respecting her promise to Anakin?

Well, almost.

But Padmé had never been afraid for her own safety and she wasn?t about to start now. As long as her children were safe, nothing and no one would ever keep her away from her family. Especially one member she really needed to see. After two days spent torturing herself over her father who hadn't made any sign to her and wanting to escape the temptation to meddle with Imperial affairs again, she had decided that a bit of fresh air would do her some good.

"I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty, dearie," Jobal smiled. "I know all too well how I felt the rare times I left you and Sola at home with one of my sisters to get sometime alone with your father. I'm sure they're very well-protected there."

Padmé smiled in return, feeling a little bit more at ease.

"Speaking of which," her mother continued. "I suppose you came here to see your father."

Padmé's smile grew wistful.

"Is he here?"

Does he even want to see me?
    She wanted to ask but the words stayed stuck in her throat.

"He's still at the university but he'll be back soon. Do you want anything, sweetheart?" Jobal got up and moved in the direction of the kitchen. "I'm calling Sola; she'll be overjoyed to see you here."

Before she could say anything, Padmé could hear the old-fashioned kettle working and her mother dialling the holo comm. The young woman couldn't fight a smile.

Some things truly didn't change.

"Your Highness."

Darth Vader impatiently Force-pushed the aide away. He heard stumbling and apologies behind him but didn't even look back, striding confidently inside the Alderaan Palace.

As he reached the bottom of the majestic stairs, he spotted a brown-haired woman sitting there, a toddler in her arms. The girl was crying silently, big tears falling on her cheeks. The woman looked up as he advanced towards her.

The expression on her face was pure loathing.

The Emperor briefly thought she exuded more bravery than all his men combined with one look. She knew what it would cost her but she met his eyes with conviction and with no hint of fear. She oddly reminded him of Mon Mothma alone in her cell, regarding him with scorn even as the clothes on her frail body were smoking after the Force-lightning onslaught.

"Queen Organa."

She didn't answer.

His eyes briefly rested on the small girl who was now quiet in her mother's arms. Brown

20. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    And we're right back to Anakin being downright evil- no hint of reasoning or humanity. I can only hope that there will be a ray of sunshine down the road.

21. teethlee

Sep 24, 2004
    Poor Bail and Queen Organa...... [face_worried]
    I can't believe vader did this!
    He also have a daughter! :mad:

22. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    I'm all for hunting down Kenobi no matter what. No matter what. But I do think killing Yoda killed something inside Vader. I don't think there is anything left of Anakin anymore. Padmé is fooling herself with this vacation down memory lane. I fear what Padmé's life is going to be like when her husband comes back home.

Intense and riveting as always. :D

bran

23. Kyana-Morgaine

Kyana-Morgaine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2004
    *gosh* Bad Vader!

24. naadi

naadi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2005
    Wow it looks like padme has totally lost anakin!!

25. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Yup.... totally evil... Nothing left to love or pity. I look forward to his demise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.