main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shattered Glass - ROTS AU - A/P - NEW UPDATE 5/30 - Chapter 32!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Padlei, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Yikes....Vader is in cold mode here. Maybe he'll change back or be a better man when he sees Padme again.

"I killed children," he said very quietly. "I wouldn't necessarily like to torture a child but I would do it if that got you to talk more quickly, King Organa." He paused, watching the fear color the man's eyes. "I will stop at nothing to get to Kenobi. Nothing. Now give me his location and I give you my word they'll be left out of this. You'll be arrested and join Mothma in her stinking cell but they'll be allowed to stay here. Unharmed."

I sure hope he wouldn't torture a child but you never know....that would be a low place to go, perhaps even lower than killing a child.

I do understand his need to find Kenobi, because with his kidnapping he would need to be stopped but I don't know if doing "anything" is worth it to find Kenobi. Anything entails an awful lot. [face_worried]

Rooting for A/P for the next update! =D=

2. EverydayAngel

EverydayAngel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2006
    Force, he was in full Vader mode through and through here. Intimidating and threatening.

With all that it was great to see some happiness and hope. I loved that Padmé and Sola were having a true sister moment with uncontrolled laughter.

Loved that Padmé and Ruwee made up [face_love]. Naberries and Rebel Alliance FTW!

3. tamiki

tamiki Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    Loved that Padme had the courage to leave the palace and reconcile with her father. Interesting that he is a member af the alliance. But if Vader finds out.. [face_worried]
    He seems so icy and unscrupulous in his hunt for Obi-wan, no traces of doubt and selfloathing.
    Only possible gleam of hope, that Vader prefers humiliation above physical torture, but I'm not sure if its a progress at all. :rolleyes:
    Looking forward to next update.

4. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Anakin is gone:(

5. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    ugh... There goes Anakin again...

I really hope nothing happens to Ruwee since he is a member of the Alliance...

Rachel Rose@};-

6. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Hello, everyone!

First, replies, then a very little teaser for the final part of Chapter 28 c/! The chapter is written and beta-ed (can't thank leia_naberrie enough for the amazing help she provided for this story and everything... [:D]) but I'm tweaking with some minor details... It should be up soon. :)

EDIT: Removed 'cos chapter posted right now.

Thank you everyone for all these comments!

FitJedi

And we're right back to Anakin being downright evil- no hint of reasoning or humanity.

Really? If you think about it... What did he really do? Sure he was manipulative and cruel and really Sith-like overall but.... did he torture someone to get any information? [face_thinking]

Anakin's still there.... somewhere.

Thank you for still reading this story! :)

teethlee

Yep, he has a daughter but he also had an unborn child at the time of ROTS and that didn't stop him from killing the younglings in canon, right? :(

Whether or not he would have done the deed if Organa hadn't broken down, I leave it to everyone's interpretation. But keep in mind this is someone who is even more evil than what we witnessed in ROTS... I only follow what GL hinted at in ROTS. *bows before the Master*

There's still hope for Anakin in any case. I'm not turning him into a heartless monster all of a sudden, this is also still the man who redeemed himself in ROTJ, right? ;)

_ThatJediScum_

I'm all for hunting down Kenobi no matter what. No matter what.

Not a Kenobi fan, I suppose? ;)

But I do think killing Yoda killed something inside Vader.

I think you're right...

I don't think there is anything left of Anakin anymore.

... but I don't think you're right here... [face_whistling] That tiny part in him that GL mentioned in the commentaries, the one which remains till ROTJ.... it's still there. Am not derailing from canon here. Whether this will be enough to redeem him in the end, we'll see but it's still there at any rate.

I fear what Padmé's life is going to be like when her husband comes back home.

[face_whistling]

;)

Intense and riveting as always.

Thank you so much! *hugs*

Kyana-Morgaine

Yep, bad Vader!! He can be disgusting when he wants to, right? ;)

And yet.....

[face_mischief]

naadi

Has she really lost him??

Mmh... you might have the beginning of an answer to that question in next chapter. [face_mischief]

Ocelotl_Nesto

Yup.... totally evil... Nothing left to love or pity. I look forward to his demise.

:eek:

Wasn't my intent. ;)

I'm quite surprised at the reactions this chapter inspired actually. Not that Vader wasn't disgusting but almost nothing he has done ever since his turn in ROTS and this whole story had been kind. Except for Padmé and the twins he has been quite ruthless the whole story. Such a behavior isn't new... He's only become more manipulative and sleeky...

Fully turning into a Sith....

Wonder what you're going to think of next chapter. Looking forward to your reaction. [face_skull]

ROTSFan

Yikes....Vader is in cold mode here. Maybe he'll change back or be a better man when he sees Padme again.

We can only hope.

I sure hope he wouldn't torture a child but you never know....that would be a low place to go, perhaps even lower than killing a child.

Indeed. *shudders* We might never know... and I think even Vader, in some dark recesses of his mind, is kinda relieved he got away with the information he needed without stooping to this level.

Rooting for A/P for the next update!

Mmh....... Anakin has an appointment with someone in next update. [face_devil]

Thank you for your comments as usual, dear!

EverydayAngel

Force, he was in full Vader mode through and through here. Intimidating and threatening.

Indeed. *shudders*

With all that it was great to see some happiness and hope. I loved tha

7. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    And here's Chapter 28 c/...

Enjoy!

Chapter 28 c/

It looked like any other underdeveloped forest planet.

And yet?.

Even from his cockpit, Darth Vader could feel the Force literally blazing there like nowhere else.

He would've even appreciated the beauty of its lakes if he wasn't already very frustrated.

It turned out Arbra was even closer to Naboo than Yoda's muddy planet was.

All this way to Alderaan to discover that Obi-Wan had been right beside him all along.

The irony would've made him laugh in other times but now it downright irritated him. He had only resisted the urge to drop on Naboo on his way at the realization Obi-Wan could flee anytime. Not to mention that perspective of so many Jedi gathering in one place.

A quick holo communication to Padmé while he was in hyperspace had done nothing to alleviate his fears. She had looked happy and peaceful and even though he had loved seeing her like that, he couldn't help but wonder what she was hiding from him.

Always? the doubts? the suspicion?

Would they ever stop?

He had only been able to muster a tight smile at her and not many words were exchanged, to her obvious disappointment. He was too wound up with energy and his own need to hide her Bail Organa's arrest for now to say much.

But everyone there was fine. Everything would be even better soon.

Refocusing on the forest below, he stretched out his senses carefully and sensed the Jedi camp almost right away.

All too easy.

This was a bright and beautiful day.

The young woman grinned as she drew back the heavy curtains in her children's room. Squinting at the bright sunlight, Padmé felt a rush of adrenaline shoot through her. And not because there was something important to be done in the Imperial Senate. Or because Anakin was touching her.

No.

Because a new day was here and she felt very much alive.

And hopeful.

She had lost this sensation so long ago and it was like rediscovering to breathe after her long coma. Nothing could possibly go wrong with such a beautiful landscape in front of her.

"See! A brand new day!" Padmé cooed to her children. Artoo beeped his way in. "Hello, Artoo!" She addressed him as enthusiastically.

The droid replied with an unenthusiastic beep.

"Stop arguing with Threepio!" She advised with a bright smile. "I don't think he's good to you, you know?"

Turning away, she picked up Luke who looked a little bit more awake than his sister who was turning away from the sun sleepily.

"Hello, my beautiful boy!"

Luke only cuddled close to her in his always so calm demeanor.

A few handmaidens were standing in silence in the back of the room but they didn't even register in Padmé's mind. Even they couldn't annoy her in a day like this.

The little droid was beeping again though.

"Artoo, I'm not Anakin, you know I don't understand a thing of what you're saying without Threepio. I'll activate him in a minute, I promise."

Kissing the crown of Luke's blond hair, she reached the adjoining bathroom to prepare him for the day.

[hr]

Obi-Wan Kenobi paced the floor of the power source cavern in nervousness.

"What is it, Obi-Wan?"

The unexpected question stopped Obi-Wan's pacing immediately. Stroking his beard, he stood there silently for a while.

"There's a disturbance in the Force," he finally said quietly.

Sitting on the dusty floor, Barriss Offee's eyes strayed on the geometrical power rods out of habit.

"Same as what you felt? that day?"

He shook his head impatiently.

What he felt then was still haunting him. It had felt like someone was snuffing out the last candle in the night, shutting out all the light efficiently.

It had felt like death.

Vader.

He was closer. He could [i]feel[/i] it.

"I think we should move. Away from here."

That got Barriss on her feet immediately.

"But why? Is it?.?"

She didn't dare voice Anakin's new name aloud and he couldn't blame her.

"Maybe," he sighed

8. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    Amazing chapter, so suspenceful! Thanks so much for the PM! Can't wait till next chapter

9. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh goodness, intense to say the least, and a glimmer of hope that Anakins real persona shined through. I do hope he can reach Padme and the children before something terrible happens. I can't wait to see what happens next- update soon.

10. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    That was an amazing chapter from start to finish. You definately have me on the edge of my seat hoping for a good outcome. I hope this vision of Ani's doesn't come true.

?You are exactly like me...? the young Sith murmured.

For once, he let the little voice he hated so much speak up. Only then did he let it be acknowledged.

His eyes locked with Obi-Wan's.

And the admission came in spite of himself.

?Don't stoop to my level.?

Obi-Wan didn't say anything but his grip on his lightsaber faltered.

There was a long silence.

Brilliant insight for Anakin to validate himself that way. He may not realize it now, but that's major growth on his part.

I wonder who bombed the palace; could Padme's father actually be low enough to orchestrate that since he's a member of the Alliance? [face_worried]

I wondered on that refugee planet why Anakin was taunting Obi-Wan, I guess he just needed to feel challenged to feel alive again. Obi-Wan certainly had a lot of growth of his own to do too, and I guess he took his step in the right direction this day; for him to rationalize killing Padme and the kids so coldly speaks volumes about his alignment with the dark side.

Please update soon. [face_praying]

11. Kyana-Morgaine

Kyana-Morgaine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2004
    OMG!!!! I'm totally shocked!!!![face_worried]

What an amazing chapter!!! Please update soon! I wanna know if Anakin/Vader is about to able to save his family.

12. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Amazing chapter!!!! Hope Anakin makes it in time to help and protect his family from whoever did this.

13. teethlee

teethlee Jedi Master star 1

Sep 24, 2004
    UH-OH :eek:
    Something terrible going to happen!
    I hope Anakin will be there soon to save his family.

14. tamiki

tamiki Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    Brilliant and surprising chapter.
    Satisfying desciption of how both Obi-wan and Vader/Anakin hide and oppress their emotions and how Anakin cracks, while Obi-wan seems implacable and close to the dark side. Fortunately he comes to his senses. :)
    Wonder who's behind the attack.[face_thinking]
    Update soon, please. I really hope there is still many chapters to come in this fantastic story.[face_praying] [:D]

15. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    :eek: ...Amazing story! It has me on edge of my seat!...I only hope that Mr. Naberrie is not involve in the attack on against his daughter[face_worried] The suspence is killing me!...Can't wait for the next chapter! Please, add me to your PM list![face_praying]

16. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    PM ME PLEASE!!!

this story is amazing. Is padme' going to survive? what about the twins? [face_worried]

17. EverydayAngel

EverydayAngel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2006
    Thank you.[:D]

Wow, what a chapter. What a fight. And a turn of events for Vaderkin to beg to Obi-Wan and for Obi-Wan to trust himself to walk away from the dark side.

And what a cliffhanger to leave it on. It looks like Anakin didn't get there in time.[face_thinking]

18. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    :mad: Grrr... stupid cliff hanger...

I have a bad feeling that Anakin will die by the end of this, but who knows... I'm not the author here!

Rachel Rose@};-

19. Lady_JediSkywalker

Lady_JediSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2006
    Amazing Chapter!!! =D=
    You have to update soon because I hate cliff hangers!!!!!!!!!

20. his_desiring_flame

his_desiring_flame Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2008
    ...i'm speechless righ now...emotional,beautiful-and i need more:D ...please add me on your pm list,and update ASAP!!!!...

21. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    Yes please! [face_praying] More, and soon!

22. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    CAn you addme please? this is soo beautiful.

23. babeekim

babeekim Jedi Master

Feb 7, 2006
    It has been a longgggggggggggg time since I've been on this site. I'm so happy that you still sent me PMs and I finally caught up on the updates. I wanted to mention how you swaped Padme's and Anakin's position so discreetly, and the development of Padme's character. You can see the actual changes in her behavior in the way she thinks because of Anakin's influence.

I can almost sense Vader's shift in character also. I cant wait to see what happens next! Update soon!

24. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Because I've never said it here: one of the many things I love about this story is the unflinching manner you portray Vader as Emperor and Sith. There's no whitewashing his choices and the paths they are leading him to. If he does get his redemption, one knows it'll be a hard won one.

25. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    Hello, everyone!

At long last here's Chapter 29 (first part).

Replies, first...

I am sorry for the folks at the end of the PM list:
    Vivid_Scripts
    JediMasterJessica
    Anakins_Fallen_Angel
    Xans_girl
    BattousaiCV
    Lady_JediSkywalker
    teethlee
    tamiki
    EGKenobi
    DarthGimpy
    Anakins_Kiss
    Lady_Skywalker87
    Jedi_QueenBee
    his_desiring_flame

TFN wouldn't let me send you PMs for a rule I didn't know about, something about too many unread messages...

Hope you'll see the update!

JediMasterJessica

Thank you! And you're very welcome for the PM. Am so glad you're still around...

FitJedi

Thanks, yeah, Anakin's persona shines through from time to time, when he's in the mood. :p Thanks so much for still being around here. ;)

ROTSFan

That was an amazing chapter from start to finish.

Wow. Thank you. *blushes*

Brilliant insight for Anakin to validate himself that way. He may not realize it now, but that's major growth on his part.

You are right. The pieces starting to fall into place or so we can hope. ;)

I wonder who bombed the palace; could Padme's father actually be low enough to orchestrate that since he's a member of the Alliance?

Ooh. That'd be some drama! but nope, I can already tell you this is not Ruwee...

I wondered on that refugee planet why Anakin was taunting Obi-Wan, I guess he just needed to feel challenged to feel alive again.

He needed to feel challenged indeed and there was slightly more than that. There was the desire to make Obi-Wan fall the way Anakin fell. There was also the fact being a Sith is slightly lonely. Anakin truly entertained the idea of having Obi-Wan back on his side.

And then, there was just the fact Vader wanted to play with him, because this is the way Sith work.

Obi-Wan certainly had a lot of growth of his own to do too, and I guess he took his step in the right direction this day;

Hopefully, yes.

for him to rationalize killing Padme and the kids so coldly speaks volumes about his alignment with the dark side.

I always found fascinating the way Obi-Wan, the so-called perfect Jedi, always was one of the closest to the dark side because he can rationalize things so much indeed... He was close to it in TPM after Qui-Gon was killed, in ROTS, the way he left Anakin to burn, his single-mindedness in the OT.... Obi-Wan isn't perfect and that's why I've found very interesting to explore him too. He does have growth to do too.

Thank you for such an insightful review as usual! :)

Kyana-Morgaine

Heh, yeah, the shock was intended. ;) Glad you liked it...

HandmaidenVeme

Thank you! You'll find out about this soon enough. ;)

teethlee

You'll see in this chapter! ;)

tamiki

Thank you!

I don't know how many more chapters there are still, to be honest. I know where I'm heading to but I'm not sure how many chapters I'll have to write to get there. I never thought I'd write 29 chapters in the first place!

Am really happy to see you enjoyed this. :)

Lady_Skywalker87

Thank you!

Nope, Papa Naberrie wasn't involved! I'm not evil enough to do that! Lol

Am adding you to the PM list! ;)

Jedi_QueenBee

Thank you! You're added too!

EverydayAngel

You're welcome, dear. ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed the twist!

You'll see if Anakin succeeded in this chapter!

[face_mischief]

AnakinLuver

We're not at the end yet! And you know I can't tell. [face_mischief]

I know I hate cliffhangers when I read fics but I'll admit it, I always love writing them as a writer. I'm evil. :p

Lady_JediSkywalker

Thank you! Again, I understand your frustration about cliffhangers but I'm an evil writer when it comes to those. ;)

his_desiring_flame

Thank you! Am adding you!

leia_naberrie

*blushes*

You know how much I value your opinion and how I appreciate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.