Saga Shattered Glass - ROTS AU - A/P - NEW UPDATE 5/30 - Chapter 32!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Padlei, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. EverydayAngel Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like how Padmé is disgusted by Vader's behavior and blaming herself for pushing him there. I feel bad for her.

I am all riled up in anticipation for the climax.
  2. FitJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    It will be interesting to see if Obi-Wan will actually fall for Anakins/Vaders plot to get him to along with their plan. Can't wait for more
  3. tamiki Jedi Knight

Poor Padme, what a desperate situation and what a dilemma She wants to save Leia at all costs but at the same time she feels she has pushed Anakin futher to the dark side. Love we get the story from her p.o.v. Hope she gets som good advise from her father.[face_praying]
    And Anakin, just as desperate and apparently unscrupulous.
    Great update@};-
  4. Padlei Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello! Here with some replies. Sorry for the delay. Chapter 31 (2/2) should be out there soon.

Jedi_QueenBee

so they go into the trap willingly. do they know this? will they help baby leia ?

Yes, they know this is a trap. And I can't tell about Leia of course. ;) Answer in next chapter...

MoAngel

This is so intense. You can literally feel their feelings!

Thank you! :)

For a while I thought Anakin may have been headed back toward the light, but in reality I think that Padme actually brings his innate darkness out. I look forward to more..

Yeah, depends on the situation actually. It's kind of both actually.

Thank you for still being here! :)

Lady_Skywalker87

I read this yestarday but never commented on it... blush

Oh it's okay, you can never be too late to review. :)

shock This is total madness! how in world is this going to help baby Leia???

LOL, I don't know... It frequently happens that people lose sight of the main goal and let the dark feelings rise forth.

I like how Padmè feels repulsed by her husband's behavior as well as the possibility that she send him into the abyss of the Dark Side.

She wouldn't be Padmé if she didn't feel this way, right? ;)

Thanks!! :)

EverydayAngel

I like how Padmé is disgusted by Vader's behavior and blaming herself for pushing him there. I feel bad for her.

I felt that Padmé had to feel this way because otherwise she would be completely lost...

I am all riled up in anticipation for the climax.

That's what a writer loves to hear! :) I hope you like it.

FitJedi

It will be interesting to see if Obi-Wan will actually fall for Anakins/Vaders plot to get him to along with their plan

You'll see. I have a feeling you may be surprised. ;)

Thank you!

tamiki

She wants to save Leia at all costs but at the same time she feels she has pushed Anakin futher to the dark side. Love we get the story from her p.o.v.

Yes, poor Padmé... :( I also love writing from her POV. Padmé can be so complex.

Hope she gets som good advise from her father. praying

Alas she didn't call him for advice...

Thank you! :)

A small teaser for Chapter 31 (2/2):

Anakin only barely resisted the urge to snap the Jedi's neck.

He took a deep breath.

?I need...?

Another deep breath.

?I need your help,? he grumbled.

Stunned silence followed his words. Then Obi-Wan spoke.

?You must be joking.?
  5. Padlei Jedi Master

star 4
    As promised and at long last, Chapter 31 part 2/2...

Chapter 31

Part 2

When Padmé allowed herself to pause and think, there was almost only one thought.

She missed Dormé.

Missed her quiet voice and wise advices.

Her unwavering support.

The other handmaidens were only there since the beginning of Anakin's reign. They called her Empress and obediently bowed their heads.

Her child was dying and she was desperately alone. The loneliness was slowly choking her and even Luke couldn't heal that. Smoothing the hair out of the sleeping boy's face, the young woman balanced the figure in her arms and stared out of the window.

She was wondering what her last words to Dormé were. Was it something about a particular vote in the Senate? Had she even talked to her before embarking on their journey to Naboo? Had she even thrown a glance to the woman?

The worst thing was...

..she could think about it all she wanted?

?but she couldn't remember.

She didn't remember.

She only remembered the unjust reproaches, the loaded glances and suspicion.

She remembered Dormé's obvious pain because of her behavior.

And now, amidst the suffering and guilt, a horrible thought was rising forth.

No one will take my place as a mother again.

Padmé closed her eyes tightly and tried to chase the thought away. To no avail. When she opened her eyes again, she saw her face reflected on the glass before her. It was superposed with the demolished Senate building. There was fire in the distance, stormtroopers patrolling the streets.

And there was still her face.

Her suddenly hideous face.

If only I were in Leia's place...

Padmé looked at her shadowed reflection for a long time.

The harsh wind whipped their faces as soon as they stepped out of their ship. Obi-Wan and Barriss only wrapped their cloaks more tightly and advanced towards the building in the distance. They had left Lainé behind on Melida/Daan, urging him to understand he would get killed if he followed them. The boy had seemed to understand and said nothing when they left the cozy shelter.

They marched in the cold until the grey Imperial facility abruptly came into view. He and Barriss exchanged a sober glance.

The Jedi were there.

Getting inside was ridiculously easy. They dispatched the droids at the entrance but saw no Imperial officer guarding the doors. At the other end of a very long corridor, a giant door closed with a hiss. Obi-Wan didn't have to stretch his senses to first feel the fearful but resigned Jedi, then the overwhelming presence of Vader.

The Force told him this was the moment that would define everything else.

Taking a deep breath, the two Jedi walked side by side down the corridor.

The silence was oppressive.

Two lightsabers, one green, the other blue, were thrust in the metallic door in a second. It took some difficulty but it wasn?t long before the entrance door opened.

Exhausted faces abruptly looked up at their entrance. Barriss and Obi-Wan put down their hoods at the same time, taking a quick look around them to assess the situation. It looked like a hangar, the group of Jedi sitting obediently at the far end of the room, guarded by what Obi-Wan suspected to be Force fields. Above them, two parallel railings were two possible escapes. Coming closer, Obi-Wan noticed there was no hope in the faces before them. There was gratitude but also melancholic resignation.

?Master...? breathed Jad Kahl who stood up from the group in the distance. ?This is a trap, you have to lea-?

?Of course, this is a trap.?

All faces turned with a jerk to the voice coming from above. Vader was standing on the railing on the left, staring at the two arriving Jedi intently.

?And he already knew it... Didn't you, Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan calmly looked back into Vader's eyes.

?There was a time when you were a little bit more subtle when you set up traps,? he responded dryly.

There was a shadow of a smile on the Sith's face.

?What were you hoping for? Coming here? Did you think you could save them?? he />
    Dorotea likes this.
  6. FitJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ohhh Anakin- evil and harsh as ever. Oh well, if it gets him what he wants than maybe just maybe he'll see the light again.
  7. tamiki Jedi Knight

Oh, I feel so sorry for Padme, alone and tormened of guilt and shame. :(
    The confrontation with Vader/Obi-wan was of great intensity.=D=
    Both so stubborn and fixed in their attitude against each other.
    Nevertheless it seemed that Anakin for a moment was breaking through, but when he was rejected of Obi-wans distrust, his darkness returned.
    Anxious to know if Barriss can save Leia.[face_praying]
  8. EverydayAngel Jedi Knight

star 1
    I hope Barriss can save Leia.

Vaderkin is was on a choking rampage. Great way to get someone's help o_O

I liked that eerie image of Padmé's distraught face in the reflection blending with the Jedi Temple ruins. And the symbolism.
  9. Padlei Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you for the reviews. This story has been going on for three years already and it's really hard getting the inspiration going.

EverydayAngel

Vaderkin is was on a choking rampage. Great way to get someone's help raised_brow

LOL, very true. He's not exactly the subtle type, right?

I liked that eerie image of Padmé's distraught face in the reflection blending with the Jedi Temple ruins. And the symbolism.

Ooh, thank you for spotting that one! A @};- to you, dear!

I'm glad you're still following.

tamiki

The confrontation with Vader/Obi-wan was of great intensity. applause

Thank you! :) Glad you liked it!

Nevertheless it seemed that Anakin for a moment was breaking through, but when he was rejected of Obi-wans distrust, his darkness returned.

Nice spotting. Indeed Anakin was peeking through.

I can say Barriss will meet Leia pretty soon. ;)

thanks for reading!

FitJedi

Ohhh Anakin- evil and harsh as ever. Oh well, if it gets him what he wants than maybe just maybe he'll see the light again.

LOL, we'll see. ;)

Thank you!

10. Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Obi-Wan took this opportunity to leap in the air and reach the railing, drawn lightsaber in his hand. Vader nonchalantly drew his, looking annoyed.

?I am sorry for an innocent child but I hope you suffer enough when she dies.?

[face_shame_on_you] You never learn, don't you Obi? If weren't for being so impulsve yourself, the galaxy would undoubtedly be a better place for all!:p

I'm glad Barriss agreed to help Leia;not only because of everyone's sake but because Leia is innocent of her father's wrongdoings.

Would this be enough to bring Padmè back out of the darkness she's in? loved how in the first scene where the outer chaos & the demolished Senete building reflects her inner turmoil while Padmè stares at the reflection of her "dead" face on the window... this showes her despair & deep sense of hopelessness... the one with Amedda showing her coldness & cruelty ...how she enjoys it & is scared at the same time. She may not have the power of the Force but she does have power that make Padmè just as dangerous as her husband.[face_devil] It is beautiful to see how you balance the darkness within her without stripping Padmè off her canon self.@};-

now, I don't have a soft spot for Amedda or anythig but is he really respondsable for the attack or just a victim of Padmè's state of mind, a victim of her loathe for him?[face_thinking]

Keep up the great work Padlei!=D=

Thanks for the PM! [:D]

PS:I'm so sorry for the late reply... soooo out of it lately![face_frustrated] [face_tired] 8-} [face_mischief]:) :_| :confused: :mad: [face_beatup] [face_whistling]
  11. ROTSFan Force Ghost

star 4
    Good chapters, sorry I haven't been commenting a lot.

?I can feel your anger, my love. It's very powerful.?

That echoes of the Vader we know.

Even though it's totally dysfunctional, that was a steaming hot encounter they had. =P~
  12. Lady_JediSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 1
  13. Padlei Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello everyone! For the two or three people who remember this story :p, I'm so sorry for the delay. I've been hit by the worst case of writer's block that ever happened for this story. That and being busy with DRL. I haven't forgotten about it though and I hope I'll get creative again soon enough.

Lady_Skywalker87

Would this be enough to bring Padmè back out of the darkness she's in? loved how in the first scene where the outer chaos & the demolished Senete building reflects her inner turmoil while Padmè stares at the reflection of her "dead" face on the window... this showes her despair & deep sense of hopelessness...

Thank you, I really liked writing this scene.

It is beautiful to see how you balance the darkness within her without stripping Padmè off her canon self.

Thanks so much, it's really hard to write Padmé being like that.

now, I don't have a soft spot for Amedda or anythig but is he really respondsable for the attack or just a victim of Padmè's state of mind, a victim of her loathe for him?

Heh, can't tell. [face_evil]

Thank you! And thanks for reviewing, you don't have to apologize for the delay! :)

ROTSFan

Good chapters, sorry I haven't been commenting a lot.

It's okay, I'm glad you stopped by. :)

Even though it's totally dysfunctional, that was a steaming hot encounter they had.

Hehe, at last someone thinks a nookie scene is steaming. ;)

Lady_JediSkywalker

amazing as usual

Thank you so much! :)

A little teaser for next chapter for people still reading this. :p

Obi-Wan watched as Padmé Amidala stopped in the threshold, taking in the scene before her. There was an unmistakable intake of breath then a troubled gaze settling on Vader. The latter only watched her coldly, not acknowledging her presence.

?You did it,? she breathed.

Obi-Wan knew then she had been aware of all this and the little respect he had left for the woman evaporated.

Her gaze settled on him and he only watched her silently, letting all the scorn he felt for her appear on his face. There were fading bruises on her face. But she didn't deserve pity.

He had offered help. She had declined. Now she had to take her responsibilities.

?Your Highness,? he said sarcastically.
  14. Dally Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, I just spent some time (way too long, I'll be tired tomorrow) catching up with this complex story. It's very good. Very believable. I love how you explore the very fine line between the Jedi and the Sith. I think the reason the Jedi fell was, in a large part, due to their own arrogance and inflexibility. (But I love 'em anyway, don't get me wrong.) But in your story, the Jedi aren't above resorting to sneakiness and deception, though they believe it's for the greater good -- the end justifies the means. But isn't that pretty much how Anakin thinks as well?

I like how you portray Anakin and Padme's unhealthy yet irresistible relationship. Co-dependent and dysfunctional, sure! But steamy and sexy too, and that's part of what makes it compelling. :)

Looking forward to more.

15. Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master

star 3

Obi-Wan watched as Padmé Amidala stopped in the threshold, taking in the scene before her. There was an unmistakable intake of breath then a troubled gaze settling on Vader. The latter only watched her coldly, not acknowledging her presence.

?You did it,? she breathed.

Obi-Wan knew then she had been aware of all this and the little respect he had left for the woman evaporated.

Her gaze settled on him and he only watched her silently, letting all the scorn he felt for her appear on his face. There were fading bruises on her face. But she didn't deserve pity.

He had offered help. She had declined. Now she had to take her responsibilities.

?Your Highness,? he said sarcastically.

[face_shame_on_you] I'm not liking OW at all...Can't wait!:D
  16. dbelp03 Jedi Knight

star 1
    just burned through this story in one night haha amazing...please add me to the PM list
  17. DarthNaughtious Jedi Master

star 2
    I've been reading this story for awhile, but I haven't been to this site for some time, so I don't remember if I ever reviewed. I love your creative portrayal of Padme, though; a lot of authors can't make her convincingly morally ambiguous, let alone a convincing despote. Very well done. It seems like the action in this story is coming to a head, and I hope that you decide to continue it.
  18. ryanroxs14 Jedi Padawan

Do you know when the rest is coming you sent this to the creator of this story on 9/20/09 and its 3/6/2010 and still no ending i wanna know what happens to leia are you the creators friend if so ask if hes gonna finish the story and if it will continue after leia is healthy and alive because i like this story alot please reply to me if you are his friend and a big fan of this story you problably wanna see the ending and i hope its not the whole ending because i really wanna seeluke and leia grow up and anakin and padme get closer again i really wanna know badly i reread this story every day its so romntic,sad,happy,funny and a real interesting story so if you can contact him to finish the end and continue the storyafter padme is saved because that teaser was not enough information and i hope you can get him to finish it and continue it please reply to this because i really wanna se more than just leia getting better i wanna see them grow up and stuff i hope you can talk to him i was so exited when i read the teaser and now since last year this person has writers block and i am anxious to see what happens its been since 2009 when he wrote his latex chapter and now its on hold and im really gtting more happy while i am writing this beacuse i really hope you can talk to the creator to continue
  19. Padlei Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello! *waves*

I'm so sorry for the delay. I've been suffering from the infamous writer's block and actual withdrawal from Star Wars.

I'm really grateful for the reviews I received lately and of course for everyone still reading this story.

Here's next chapter. I toyed with it for awhile then lost inspiration. Thanks to my beta, leia_naberrie, as usual.

Hope you enjoy it. :)

Chapter 32

Sometimes, when Anakin least expected it, he had dreams about his mother.

She was always alive, looking at him and addressing him as if she had been alive all along. In those dreams, life was much simpler. There was no Dark Side or talk of his position as an Emperor. There was only concern about how to tell the Lars Shmi was still alive.

Sometimes he would save her in that Tusken camp. Or he would bring her back from the dead.

He wasn't useless in those dreams.

Whenever he woke up, it always took some time to realize the dreams weren?t real.

For a few precious seconds, his biggest failure had never happened.

The young man sighed and stared at the heavy cloudy atmosphere of Coruscant as the ship made its approach.

He wondered if someday he would dream of Leia the same way. Of miracles happening only in the confines of dreams.

If someday he would wake up in the morning, feeling the acute loss of his daughter all over again, hating himself for not being strong enough.

If someday his dreams would become the only way to see his daughter alive.

?Your Highness??

He turned wearily to the aide.

?Do you wish to see the Governor? He asked for a hearing just after you left.?

?Send a holo-transmission to his office, it will be quick.?

The aide came back a little while later, bowing low.

?The Governor is gone, Your Excellency.?

The Emperor widened his eyes.

?What??

The aide looked embarrassed. ?The Empress had him arrested, Your Highness.?

Anakin snarled and his annoyance with his wife came back in full force.

But now was not the time.

The two Jedi had to be ushered inside the Palace without anyone noticing.

?High treason, Your Excellency??

?Yes,? came the cold voice.

?Do you have any evidence of this, Your Excellency??

The Empress turned to the holo projection of the High Court President in annoyance.

?Are you always this intent on finding evidence usually??

The High Magistrate bowed his head.

?We will study this case acutely, Your Highness.?

?Does this mean you are waiting for the Emperor's approval??

There was a long silence. The Magistrate looked up and stared at the Empress.

?Mas Amedda is an influent and, may I say, efficient Governor, Your Excellency. We need to be sure he really is responsible for-?

?Were you this inquisitive when Bail Organa or Mon Mothma were arrested?? Padmé spat, losing her temper.

The Magistrate?s eyes flickered as he looked away. Padmé?s lips curled in disdain.

Those high judges were as cowardly as they were greedy.

They were afraid of losing their little gifts offered by those who worked with Amedda.

Afraid of the Emperor's wrath.

?Study the case then,? she added scornfully. ?I will contact you later.?

Silence came to Padmé's office in the Palace as the holo flickered and shut down.

The young woman started to pace, anger clouding her vision. Anakin had granted her the same powers and yet... those judges and officials wouldn't do anything without his approval. She had been a lot more powerful when she was a Senator.

But this was not the time to discuss this with her husband. There were more urgent matters.

-Leia-

For the moment, Amedda was behind bars which was enough.

The young woman paced the elegant carpet again.

But he wasn't alone and the youths waiting in their cells for their punishment may or may not be guilty while she and Anakin focused on Leia. There may be innocents there. Innocents tortured to death as she and her husband were devising horrible plans to get Jedi captured and-

She shuddered.

- killed.

A dull headache had been forming in her head for some time. Padmé pressed her fingers />/>
  20. Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  21. Padlei Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Padlei Jedi Master

star 4
    I just wanted to up this to thank you for the nominations for Best Epic and Best Author. I only just heard about them when I was contacted to give an excerpt of my story.

I'm truly humbled and touched. No matter what the outcome, thank you so much! :)
  23. DarthNaughtious Jedi Master

star 2
    This was a touching update. Obi-wan is finally seeing a little past his hatred, though I suppose I can't blame him for how betrayed he feels, considering what Vader has done. I hope you decide to continue this wonderful story.
  24. Dave1307 Force Ghost

So is this the end of the story or is it going to continue?
    In any case.. PM list me?
  25. Darth_Drachonus Force Ghost

star 3
    I'd like to be informed when this story updates please
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.