main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shattered Glass - ROTS AU - A/P - NEW UPDATE 5/30 - Chapter 32!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Padlei, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delta-7starfighter

delta-7starfighter Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    I hate to beg the question but will Anakin ask...plead...beg Sidious to revive her?

The question is... Can you bring back people from the dead? And Sidious' promise that you can keep people from dying? Was it true?

You can make it true.[face_batting] :p

2. DragonLotus

DragonLotus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2006
    Damn, I'm late again! :( :(

So Padme did die...or did she? [face_thinking]

Interesting twist, as someone mentioned earlier. Looking forward to see where this goes next.

3. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    I feel like JKR again but for another reason entirely. :p

Xans_girl

Oh, hello new reader... :D

I'm generally known for showing no emotion... But that HURT!

Wow. I'm glad then... [face_devil]

Thanks for your comments! :) I have a feeling you'll love Anakin even more in the next chapter. [face_devil]

VA_Parky

*sniffle* Oh man, I am a wreck over here! Poor Padme!!

*hands cookies* I feel like a sadist. My stories always depress people... :p

And now we have to trust Anakin to protect the twins from that doggone Palpatine.

We'll see what happens to Anakin's promise in the next chapter.

I have to wonder if Padme almost had to die though, to get Anakin to take a good hard look at his choices

That's the thing, isn't it? It's like Anakin needs to lose Padmé to understand that he really should change his ways. And yet losing her can only lead to more suffering and dark side tendencies... :( See canon. ;)

you have a knack for getting inside the character's heads and displaying their emotions for all of us to see and feel! I find myself switching from emotion to emotion just as they are - something that can only happen through a talented author.

*grins stupidly*

Stop making me blush and grin at the same time... [face_blush]

I'll follow this tale anywhere! I am hooked!

I hope you'll follow me after next chapter then. [face_devil]

JediMasterRev

Very nasty cliffe

It was a really evil cliffie, I admit it. [face_devil]

I'm scared that Padme is gone, but I have a feeling that our favorite Senator still has some fight left.

[face_devil] [face_devil]

Enjoyed the torrent of emotions that you painted as Anakin fought through the darkness to be able to touch the joy of the birth of his children.

Thanks for pointing this out. It was really important that Anakin snapped out of the dark side at those crucial moments.

Thought having Sidious present was a nice contrast to what happened in canon.

Somehow it only felt right he'd be there. :)

I hope you'll like what's next. :)

delta-7starfighter

You can make it true.

[face_laugh] We'll deal with this in the next chapter, that's all I can say. [face_mischief]

DragonLotus

Damn, I'm late again!

Don't worry. :) I'm glad to see you responding.

So Padme did die...or did she?

[face_devil] Hope is always great. [face_mischief]

A/N: Next chapter should come ASAP... I'm dealing with minor changes still. So I think, either later today or tomorrow. :) If I don't post today, I'll try to post an evil teaser at least. [face_devil]

4. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    OMG... I just read all of this... this is so sad... I love Padme for staying with Anakin and trying to get through to him, but I would've never been brave enough to stay after he had choked me... even after Obi-wan had pleaded with her that Anakin wasn't there anymore, she stayed... I respect her so much... I cannot believe Obi-wan would've given up so easily, but it's a good addition to the angst in this story...

I still love Anakin, but it must be too hard to get through to him... I feel so sorry for the guy yet I hate him for hurting Padme still... I cannnot believe what he's going through... Please let him kill Palps... he needs too... I cannnot stand that guy!

I was crying through this entire chapter, Padlei... so sad and tragic, yet beautiful... is Padme dead?

Rachel Rose@};-

Add me to the PM list!=D=

5. Xans_girl

Xans_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2004
    Yeah, I might...

If you'll hurry up and POST it!

giggle giggle... [face_laugh]

POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    Hi! Some replies and the next chapter coming right now in spite of DRL. ;)

AnakinLuver

Another new reader! :D

I'm sorry for making you cry. And don't worry many answers will come with the chapter right below. ;) And you're added to the PM list...

Xans_girl

Lol. You're really hooked, aren't you? [face_mischief]

All right, folks, here's Chapter 7. It will bring many answers but will probably create new questions. [face_devil] Thanks to leia_naberrie for her tips for the chapter. :)

Enjoy!

Chapter 7

Anakin Skywalker wandered the corridors helplessly, eyes straying left and right, unseeing.

He stumbled down, leant on the cold, clinical wall and slid on the floor, numbness filling him until he couldn?t breathe.

Why?

That had been the question plaguing his mind. The first question he asked to this blasted medical droid.

The answer had come, swift, efficient and ruthless.

?She had no injury, Sir. It seems some emotions were too strong for her.?

Emotions? Emotions? What could it know about emotions?

It was a droid.

He had laughed then, laughed, because had it not been Obi-Wan?s favorite lecture? No emotion? Only the Force?

And his fist had clutched the droid?s useless neck. With the Force, he had detached some wires after the others, feeling contentment in the droid?s crumbling in his grasp.

Emotions?

Another droid had explained to him that a pregnant woman needed calm and rest and too many emotions at once, especially negative ones were no good for the baby or her.

He had destroyed the droid piece by piece this time.

And now his eyes burned with rage and despair and guilt.

Padmé?

He reached out to her desperately, needing to feel her around him through the Force, knowing she couldn?t hear him and not caring.

His Master had come back to the Senate, more pressing matters occupying him for the time being. He had stood there, eyeing the scene between him and his wife with a calm, detached eye. With smugness even.

Anakin had found himself suddenly hating him with every inch of his body.

Padmé?s limp body had been pressed against him as he tried to shake her, bring her back to him. His hands had trembled and he had been unable to bring her back with the dark side.

He had concentrated, sending wave after wave of the dark power in the frail body. To no avail.

How useless he had been.

He had felt the coldness of his Master?s essence probing inside Padmé with malice and he had almost unleashed then.

He couldn?t touch her.

But the Emperor had only smiled, smiled, his cold voice entering his mind in shambles as he sat there next to the operating table, the droids taking her body away from him.

You are not strong enough, young fool. Not yet.

He had felt his eyes burn with rage as he watched him leave.

Leave?

In the direction of his children.

Leaping to his feet, he ran for his life, trying to keep his promise to Padmé. His Master was there, one disgusting hand reaching out to touch his son.

Anakin surged forward, shielding his child with barely refrained hatred. Luke started to cry, waves of confusion and fear sweeping from him.

?Your son is very strong in the Force. The girl is too.?

There was threat in his voice, a mixture of anger and contentment. But beneath it all, Anakin could only feel fear.

The Emperor feared his children. Feared him too.

Rage spurred him on. ?You told me the dark side would protect her.? He spat.

A dismissal with a wave of his pale hand.

?I said you would be able to save her, did I not? You were not strong enough in the dark side.?

Rage swirled around him, the dark side twirling inside him with its comforting embrace.

?You would be wise to pay attention, Lord Vader.? Sidious snapped harshly when all he had for a response was his apprentice?s clear anger. ?I would not want your fami

7. delta-7starfighter

Nov 12, 2005
    I am happy.:) Not that Ani has gone farther in to the darkside, but that the Emperor is gone.... I sure hope so.[face_worried]
    So is Obi-Wan going into exile with Yoda, or is he going to go after Vader?:confused:
    So Padme is not dead but in a coma?[face_thinking]
    Very interesting!
    Please post soon! I am eager to get my questions answered.[face_praying]

8. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    *strolls into thread... composed and steady*

*gives up*

Squeeeeee!! [face_dancing] Palpatine is DEAD! And Padme is ALIVE! Oh wow, Padlei - you could have knocked me over with a feather when I got to the end of this post. I was so startled, I nearly fell out of my chair!

Of course, I fully realize that Anakin is not out of the woods yet. There is still a whole heckuva lot of Vader there - and now that he has had a taste of power it's not going to be easy for him to let it go. [face_worried]

Looks like I'm going to have to start a new chant - Wake up, Padme! Wake up, Padme! Wake up, Padme!

Great work, as always, my friend! A huge thanks for the PM - can't wait to see what happens next. You've thrown me for such a loop I have no idea what to expect. And I love it! :D

9. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    What a packed update, my friend!!=D= =D=

My thoughts as I read the chapter:

- :_| Padme is dead!!! Poor, stupid, naive Dark Anakin - the Dark Side would only kill her! However, it would have interesting if the Dark Side saved her and as a result of flow of dark energy, Dark Padme would have been born.[face_devil]

- Anakin, Anakin, only now do you realise what a grave mistake you have made.

- Padme is alive?? :eek: :eek: [face_dancing]

- "controlled anger"????:eek:

- *chants* SIdious is dead, Sidious is dead!![face_dancing] [face_dancing]

I wonder how it will continue. Padme is alive, and Sidious can't exert his dark influence on Padme any longer (if he is really dead), and Luke and Leia are born.

Poor Obi, stuck in a swamp with Yoda.:p

Amazing update, and thanks for the PM!:)

CrazyAni

10. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Yay, Sid is dead (I hope so anyway) and Padmé is alive, thank God for that.

You know, I think that if Anakin comes back, Padmé will as well cuz I seriously doubt that the dark side would be able to bring her back, no matter how powerful Vader is.

Anyway, wonderful update and thanks for the pm.

11. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Padmé's not dead, only in a coma. That's a nice twist in the plot. The Dark Side saved her but now she's in a coma and the Dark Side can't touch her there. It sounds like an unconscious act of self-preservation.

And now the Emperor is dead! I'd say way to go, Ani but he's deeper immersed in the Dark Side now that I don't know if that'd be right. It'll be interesting to see what he does next. I admit I have a liking for Dark Anakin/unsuited Vader. Just how much deeper has he gone into the Dark Side? What will he do with those powers? What will happen with Padmé and his children? You've set up a wealth of possibilities.

Yoda felt Sidious die. That leaves only Anakin/Vader left. Oh boy.

This was such a great chapter. Thanks for the PM.

12. Tally-Skywalker

Tally-Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    Wow! This stuff is amazing!!!=D= (Thanx for the pm;) ). Dang, Anakin is soo strong!nIt's cool if he does end up being good, he could do so much! And I somehow knew you wouldn't let Padme die! This is so exciting! Please update soon!!!!!
    ~Tally

13. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    So, Padme's in a come, not dead, Sidious is dead(thank god for small mercies) and Anakin is going ever deeper into the dark side hoping that he will be powerful enough to bring Padme back...:_| this is too sad... It seems now that Anakin will never be saved... what will happen with Luke and Leia... What will Obi do? Go into exile or try to get to Luke/Leia and maybe get through to Anakin... This has taken a wild turn... I don't know what to expect... I'm glad Sids is dead, but why turn Anakin further into the dark side?[face_frustrated]

Rachel Rose@};-

14. delta-7starfighter

Nov 12, 2005
    Sorry, quoted the post.[face_blush]
    Ignore this.

15. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Ohhh very interesting.. you are a tricky one, aren't you?
    I can't wait for more!!

16. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh, you totally caught me off guard there! Force lightning? This is pretty darn impressive!

You have done well, Lord Vader! But I'm afraid he's completely lost it as well...

The scene with his children, and how he looked up to find his eyes yellow was absolutely beautiful. How they cried even harder upon his touch...Oh man...heart breaking even.

Atleast Padme is in a coma, and will serve him a constant reminder of what he's done...but I don't think that very thing is doing its job at the moment!

I'm lovin the hooded Vader. He's on fire!

17. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    Okay so Sidious is dead but Anakin is still Vader. Padme is alive but in a coma. Good news and bad news all mixed together. Lol! Very interesting chapter, Padlei. [face_peace]

18. powerfulforce

powerfulforce Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 16, 2005
    Ok, I'm a sucker. I've fallen for this story faster than ......ah well, just fallen extremely fast. I can't stop reading it, every update and notice I keep reading it. I hope that you keep writing and for the record you were right.

p.s. Oh and if anyone didn't think it was sad that Luke and Leia cried because they were afraid of their father, must have ice in their veins.

19. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Anakin can be scary when he's angry...

Amazing chapter. So many ups and downs, felt as if I was on an emotional rollarcoaster. So it seems that Padme is still with us, more or less. It will be interesting to see what the new 'Emperor' will do to try to revive her. Don't think they taught child rearing in Sith school so curious to see how Darth Daddy will do with the twins.

Loved the scene with Vader killing Sidious. Though it was a nice touch to have him declare that he was the Force. Despite his great gifts, always thought his powers were 'underplayed.' Think he should have been a character that was frightening because of all the power that he could command at will. Darn those plot bunnies ;).

Enjoyed the despair Anakin/Vader went through as he realized that the Dark side was not the answer. I am curious to see what this train of thoughts will lead him to. And Yoda and Obi-Wan sound almost creepy as they plot to steal away one of the twins. Sometimes it is hard to tell who the good guys are from the bad.

As always, great work! Looking forward to more!

20. DragonLotus

DragonLotus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2006
    I knew Padme did not die. [face_dancing] Interesting twist there, having her in a coma. And Palpy's dead,eh? [face_thinking] Somehow I get the feeling we haven't really seen the last of him...

Nice work on this chapter, I can't wait to find out what happens next!

21. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    Hi! :)

Between DRL and me following some matches ;) I've been quite busy.

Here are the replies... Chapter 8 should come ASAP... A little changes here and then. :)

delta-7starfighter

So is Obi-Wan going into exile with Yoda, or is he going to go after Vader?

That's the question, isn't it? You'll have to wait a few chapters to know about that. [face_devil]

Chapter 8 comes today if everything goes well. :)

Sorry, quoted the post.
    Ignore this.

LOL...

VA_Parky

*strolls into thread... composed and steady*

*gives up*

Squeeeeee!!

LOL!

Palpatine is DEAD! And Padme is ALIVE! Oh wow, Padlei - you could have knocked me over with a feather when I got to the end of this post. I was so startled, I nearly fell out of my chair!

Thanks. I wanted some twists. [face_devil]

Of course, I fully realize that Anakin is not out of the woods yet. There is still a whole heckuva lot of Vader there - and now that he has had a taste of power it's not going to be easy for him to let it go.

[face_devil] [face_devil] Anakin's certainly gone down a notch here.

Looks like I'm going to have to start a new chant - Wake up, Padme! Wake up, Padme! Wake up, Padme!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great work, as always, my friend! A huge thanks for the PM - can't wait to see what happens next. You've thrown me for such a loop I have no idea what to expect. And I love it!

Thanks! I'm glad it surprised you enough. :D

CrazyAni

My thoughts as I read the chapter:

- Padme is dead!!! Poor, stupid, naive Dark Anakin - the Dark Side would only kill her! However, it would have interesting if the Dark Side saved her and as a result of flow of dark energy, Dark Padme would have been born.

Who told you the dark side was useless? [face_devil]

- Anakin, Anakin, only now do you realise what a grave mistake you have made.

That'd be too easy. [face_devil]

- Padme is alive??

Heh. [face_mischief]

I really loved seeing your thoughts as you read the chapter. :)

I wonder how it will continue. Padme is alive, and Sidious can't exert his dark influence on Padme any longer (if he is really dead), and Luke and Leia are born.

You'll see what happens to all this in... next chapter. ;)

Poor Obi, stuck in a swamp with Yoda.

[face_laugh] That's the idea. Obi-Wan is not really lucky. I wonder what's worse, Dagobah or Tatooine? ;)

Thanks!

Star_Angel

You know, I think that if Anakin comes back, Padmé will as well cuz I seriously doubt that the dark side would be able to bring her back, no matter how powerful Vader is.

[face_shhh] [face_mischief]

Thanks!

Daenarrah

Padmé's not dead, only in a coma. That's a nice twist in the plot.

I've always gotten the feeling Padmé wouldn't have died in canon if Anakin had been there or he hadn't been injured (I'm one of those people convinced she felt Anakin's pain at some point ;)).

The Dark Side saved her but now she's in a coma and the Dark Side can't touch her there. It sounds like an unconscious act of self-preservation.

A @};- to you. :)

And now the Emperor is dead! I'd say way to go, Ani but he's deeper immersed in the Dark Side now that I don't know if that'd be right.

That's kind of the contrary to canon. Initially Anakin wanted to do this to save his family but in the end he did it out of revenge, not as a selfless act like in ROTJ. So... no balance and the dark side growing inside of him. [face_worried]

It'll be interesting to see what he does next. I admit I have a liking for Dark Anakin/unsuited Vader.

Because he's so powerful w/o the suit. [face_devil]

Thanks! :)

Tally-Skywalker

Dang, Anakin is soo strong!

[face_devil] He's the Chosen one. ;)

And I somehow knew you wouldn

22. Xans_girl

Xans_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2004
    Well then I guess I'VE got ice in my veins!

Excellent!

UP!!!!

23. Padlei

Mar 5, 2003
    Xans_girl

You're really evil. [face_devil] Poor Anakin doesn't get enough love. ;)

As promised, here's next chapter...

Enjoy!

Chapter 8

Light.

It hurt her eyes.

The young woman blinked, trying to move her hands, but to no avail.

They were glued on the warm material beneath her.

She tried to open her eyes and succeeded, with strong effort. The figures were blurry around her. Faces moved.

?Milady??

She frowned, trying to escape the hurtful light.

Voices, patches of incoherent words around her.

?? find? Emperor??

?Inform? -net??

Her lips opened, aching, her throat aching as well.

?Ana-? The whisper escaped her lips but went by unheard by the figures around her.

?Anakin-? she murmured again, her throat aching tenfold suddenly.

Something cold curled in her belly, probing, searching? She moaned loudly, shaking her head, attempting to escape the cold ghost of embrace.

A warm hand on her forehead.

Black.

Something was touching her forehead again.

It felt familiar.

Leather.

Padmé opened her eyes weakly, trying to focus but to no avail. It was dark around her now, and her eyes ached less.

?Anakin?? she croaked out again, more loudly this time.

?I?m here.?

Her eyes snapped open out of sheer will and she focused on the darkened face looming above her.

Blue eyes. A blurry face. Blond curls.

Anakin?

Warm lips were suddenly kissing her face fervently, hands enclosing her face passionately.

?Padmé?? he stammered against her skin. ?I was so scared??

?Where-??

She couldn?t ask the question, her throat still horrendously dry, her mind beginning to function again.

?We?re home.?

?Babies?? she stammered as his breath washed over her face comfortingly.

She could only remember a faint sensation of coldness inside of her. And then oblivion. There had been twins, right?

He chuckled against her skin.

?They?re fine. They?re in the nursery, right beside you.?

?Nursery?? she croaked out.

There had been no place for a nursery beside her bedroom. And this bed felt different?

?Don?t worry.? His warm voice responded.

How-?

She didn?t ponder how he knew what she wanted to ask, only basked in the warmth of his arms around her.

She couldn?t move her hands, only felt the soothing patterns he was tracing on the back of them.

?What- happened??

?It?s a long story.? He whispered, fingertips tracing her face in the darkness. ?But you don?t have to worry anymore. You?re safe. Everything will be all right now.?

She relaxed against him, feeling a deep and peaceful slumber taking hold of her gently.

The last thing she felt was the soft, light pressure of his lips against her forehead.

The day had begun very badly.

Endless, fruitless discussions about debates and the need for a Senate.

Vader had fought against the urge to snort and destroy all these pitiful Senators, still holding on to their illusions of democracy.

Democracy.

That word only left a bitter taste in his mouth.

Democracy was a plague, an illusion to convince the people they had the power when only a handful held the leashes of the galaxy.

He would change that.

She would change that.

Dismissing his aides with contempt without a word, he turned back to the window, watching the Coruscanti traffic calmly.

He needed to be out there, extending the Empire, consolidating the borders and finding the remaining traitors. These Jedi were out there, waiting in the dark to take his power back. He wouldn?t let them. But he couldn?t move from Coruscant for important matters needed his attention.

Not endless discussions about the need for a semblance of democracy. Not endless boring hours, listening to Organa discuss things heatedly with other Senators.

How did she ever stand this?

He had only barely refrained himself from choking the lot of them and be done with it.

Instead, he had let

24. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    This is really good. Lol, though Im sure you already know. I like the way you get right in Anakin's mind.

25. delta-7starfighter

Nov 12, 2005
    Yay! Padme's awake![face_dancing]

She nodded slightly, shutting her eyes briefly as she felt the warm little body against her chest, tiny hands reaching up to tangle into her hair roughly

Awww... that's cute.[face_love]

?I don?t want this power, Anakin. I never wanted it.?

He looked at her patronizingly.

?It must all be a shock for you. We will discuss this later.?

This time, when she tried to get away from him, he forced a kiss on her forehead and left quickly, not casting a glance her way.

Uh-oh! Anakin[face_shame_on_you] you're oblivious to everything! Can't you see she doesn't want that!:D

Awesome Update
    Thank you for the PM!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.