main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shattered Glass - ROTS AU - A/P - NEW UPDATE 5/30 - Chapter 32!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Padlei, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh, thank God that Padmé is all right.

He had only barely refrained himself from choking the lot of them and be done with it.

Hate me for saying it but sometimes that is very tempting when it comes to annoying Senators.

Wow, hmm, I wonder what Padmé will do now, and poor her, she have been out for six month and missed so much, but what is she going to do about being the new Empress and all. Oh, I have to know so please update soon and thanks for the pm.

2. sithhappens6

sithhappens6 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2006
    Great Update ♥

3. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Oh, poor Padme! One shock after another! First, she finds out that she'd been in a coma for the past six months, and only minutes later she learns that she's an Empress!! :eek: I would better fall into another coma if I were her.;)

It seems that Dark Anakin is slowly turing into Vader. [face_worried]

And Rebellion doesn't sleep either. I hope Bail Organa won't plan any assasination attempt at Ani. Though, I think he'd be able to defend himself.:cool:

Incredible update!=D= =D=

Thanks for the PM![:D]

CrazyAni

4. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh dear - six months have passed? That's six months without Padme's influence which means Anakin is even more lost to the darkness now. [face_worried] Needless to say, the word I used when I realized that is not exactly printable. ;)

But... Padme is awake now and she is not going to be pleased by this turn of events. Oh yeah - I think Vader is in for the fight of his life! Bring it on! [face_devil]

The personalities of Vader and Anakin are so strikingly different yet you seem to shift between them so effortlessly. It's intriguing how quickly he can shift from one to the other - and yet you describe it so well I can practically feel the air changing around him, if that makes any sense. 8-} It's really cool, that's all I know!

Another fabulous update. This story is so much fun. I can't wait to see what happens next! Thanks for the PM!

5. Tally-Skywalker

Tally-Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    Wow! THis is soo good!=D=

"You lefthim?"

He shoulda stood up all dramatically and said, "Iamhim!"
    hehe, ok maybe not.

This is such a good plot! It's that they call Anakin 'you highness'!

Post soon, I can't wait!

~Tally

6. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    When you mentioned the twins were no longer newborns I knew a certain amount of time had passed. I didn't think it would be six months. Poor Padmé. And all that time Anakin's been keeping watch over her while running the Empire.

Again, poor Padmé. So much has changed in the last six months. One shock and surprise right after the other. She's going to have to adjust fast. Something tells me it won't be in the way Anakin wants or likes. She stated she didn't want the power that's now been placed, unwelcomingly I might add, into her hands.

Like mentioned above six months of Anakin not having even the slightest influence from Padmé. I can only imagine how far he's gone into the darkness. [face_worried] (Yet I can't help but feel this way too. [face_devil] ) Something tells me what we saw here isn't even close to how bad it really is.

Great chapter and I'm really looking forward to seeing what develops from here.

7. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Ohh my my my.... Anakin still has so much hatred in him. He should have learned that hatred and Power only gets you so far, look what it did to Palpatine.
    Poor Padme, just being blown out of the water with all this news at once.
    great update!

8. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    I loved the connection between Leia and Padme... so adorable... I really want things to work out... I really do...

?I don?t want this power, Anakin. I never wanted it.?

He looked at her patronizingly.

?It must all be a shock for you. We will discuss this later.?

This time, when she tried to get away from him, he forced a kiss on her forehead and left quickly, not casting a glance her way.

When will Anakin understand... this is really depressing... all Padme wants is the family she and him dreamed of, but now it looks like that's never going to happen... Anakin still has too much hatred and anger... I want to choke him... I never thought I'd say that, but now I have a reason...

Rachel Rose@};-

9. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Thankfully Padme is awake; however, she has returned to an even stranger world than the one she left. It should be very interesting to see how she will take to Anakin being the Emperor. Loved the tender moments at the beginning. Very well done, as always. Looking forward to more soon!

10. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    I feel sorry for Padme. She was completely out for six months and completely missed that part of the twins life. Well, at least it's only six months rather than the whole lifetime. However, the worse thing is that Vader is still there and Anakin is gone. What a devastating blow to the poor woman. Great work on this chapter, Padlei.[face_peace]

11. rb657062

rb657062 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Yay! Padme is up and out of her coma. I like how you ended the last chapter. A part of me just wanted that moment to keep going. With Padme staring at Anakin as he walks away (her in disbelief) :)

Again, a good moment. Here's me hoping and keeping my finger crossed for another update soon.
    [face_praying]

Thanks for the PM. (I usually forget to express my graditude) :D

- Rachel

12. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Vader had fought against the urge to snort and destroy all these pitiful Senators, still holding on to their illusions of democracy.

Haha! So true!

Yes, I can completely see that twisted side of him still. I'm happy to see that his children don't hate him anymore! Or am I speaking too soon? ;)

Padme's reaction was great when she realized what was going on.

I'm wondering...is there a particular reason why he only kisses her on the forhead, or am I thinking too hard? 8-}

Awesome update!

13. kennyboy

kennyboy Jedi Master star 2

Jun 16, 2006
    this is a really good story, can't wait 4 another update.

14. DragonLotus

DragonLotus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2006
    I fear for Padme...[face_worried]

15. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Hey, folks! DRL is a pain and will be worse next week so there'll probably be almost no update next week. :( As a result, I'll try to post as much as I can this week. :) And I've been distracted by the World Cup too... *grins and points at icon*

Now, the replies and right below, the next update...

bmwgurl17

Thanks! :) I'm glad to see you here. :)

delta-7starfighter

Awww... that's cute.

Leia and Padmé are cute, aren't they? You'll see more of that in next chapter. :)

Uh-oh! Anakin you're oblivious to everything! Can't you see she doesn't want that!

Mmh... But is he so engrossed in the dark side to notice it or does he notice it but doesn't want to see it? [face_thinking]

Thanks and you're welcome for the PM. :)

Star_Angel

Hate me for saying it but sometimes that is very tempting when it comes to annoying Senators.

LOL! I know! And picture how Vader might be feeling since he (i] can [/i] do it if he wants to...

sithhappens6

Thanks! :)

CrazyAni

Oh, poor Padme! One shock after another! First, she finds out that she'd been in a coma for the past six months, and only minutes later she learns that she's an Empress!! I would better fall into another coma if I were her.

LOL! That'd be too easy... [face_devil] And not really interesting... :p

It seems that Dark Anakin is slowly turning into Vader.

Good point. :)

Thanks! [:D]

VA_Parky

Oh dear - six months have passed? That's six months without Padme's influence which means Anakin is even more lost to the darkness now.

A @};- to you. :) You'll see what Padmé thinks of this in the next few chapters.

But... Padme is awake now and she is not going to be pleased by this turn of events. Oh yeah - I think Vader is in for the fight of his life! Bring it on!

LOL! Mmh... Another @};- to you.

The personalities of Vader and Anakin are so strikingly different yet you seem to shift between them so effortlessly.

[face_blush] Thanks... He's so difficult to write, even moreso than Padmé somehow...

Tally-Skywalker

Thanks for your comments! I'm glad you like it. :)

Daenarrah

And all that time Anakin's been keeping watch over her while running the Empire.

Anakin is tough, isn't he? ;)

Something tells me it won't be in the way Anakin wants or likes. She stated she didn't want the power that's now been placed, unwelcomingly I might add, into her hands.

We're going to deal with that very soon. :)

Thanks! :)

FitJedi

Ohh my my my.... Anakin still has so much hatred in him. He should have learned that hatred and Power only gets you so far, look what it did to Palpatine.

Indeed. But Vader thinks himself as being unstoppable. And after all, he has everything he has ever dreamt of. At least, that's what he believes... [face_devil]

AnakinLuver

I loved the connection between Leia and Padme... so adorable...

Thanks! I love writing about them. After all Leia remembers her in the OT. ;)

When will Anakin understand...

That's the whole question, isn't he? I can tell you something... If Padmé had not fallen into that coma, Anakin may have avoided all the power stuff. Padmé would have made him see... But now... [face_devil]

JediMasterRev

Thanks for your comments! :) Poor Padmé indeed... :( It's hard for her to cope with all this...

Mr_Dagobah

She was completely out for six months and completely missed that part of the twins life.

Yes, that's sad, babies grow up so fast... :( But you're right, Padmé could have never known her children and she's going to be aware of that fact.

However, the worse thing is that Vader is still there and Anakin is gone.

Is he, really? Or does he lurk around

16. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Awww, poor Padme is so conflicted. And no wonder - Anakin is right in front of her in so many ways - and yet he is still so far gone in others. There's no way she could stand to live in such a way unless she held on to a small sliver of hope. And so she does.

Hmmm... Looks like her next 'plan of attack' should be to focus on a way to get through to her Ani - permanently. And it seems that he still feels a flicker of something through the innocence of the twins. Perhaps they will be the ones to bring him back? They are physical evidence of Padme's love for him - and his for her - after all.

You have presented quite an interesting dilemma here, Padlei! I find myself swinging from one emotion to the next. Wow! What a ride!

Thanks for the PM - and for an awesomely incredible update. I can't wait to see what's going to happen next!

17. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Wonderful once again. At least Padme seemed to have broken Anakin's shells somewhat, but for how long? Padme seems resolute in her judgement with this but yet so much conflict wanting to still love Anakin and hope that he's in there somewhere.

18. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Wohoo! What an incredible update!

Poor Padme, she's so torn between the love for her husband (or the man he once was), and disgust for the being he had turned into. It's incredible how much Anakin had changed without her, yet he's not yet completely lost. The fact that he hadn't used teh dark Side on the children yet gives me hope. :) And his argumantation for the case if he had to - they need to defend themselves, not they must be Sith.

You can see so much that Anakin still loves Padme more than anything, and I'm sure that he loves his children. Love can bring him back as it did in RotJ, more than twenty years after his fall, and it's easier now that Anakin had turned not long ago. And he doesn't have this horrible suit on. ;)

I wonder how things will change if/when Anakin (I refuse to call him Vader. Sorry :p ) encounters Obi-Wan, or Kenobi, how he calls him now. Though a nasty voice in my head tells me that they will fight to death, not crack jokes. [face_worried]

I'm so hooked on this fic!

Thanks for the PM (don't worry about the other - it takes me ages too to get back to you )!

[:D]

CrazyAni

19. delta-7starfighter

delta-7starfighter Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Hmmm.... I feel sorry for Padme as well.

That was an interesting conversation. Like you said, she finally realized truly how much Anakin has changed. It's good and bad in my opinion cause at least now she knows what to expect, but what she expects could be horrible. Such as, Luke and Leia being trained with the darkside. She expects it but it's bad. Oh, I'm just rambling, I don't even know if I know what I'm saying.:oops:

Great post Padlei!
    I'm looking forwrd to the Luke and Leia parts.
    Thanks for the PM!:)

20. Tally-Skywalker

Tally-Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    Hey, thanx for the pm. This is getting crazy. There almost doesn't seem a way to bring him back. I hope Padme can figure something out. It must have to do with the twins. And whatever happened to Obi-Wan and Yoda when they noticed that Palpy was dead? Maybe they'll help her.

Anyway, I love this story, it's one of my favorites. I love how Anakin is so twisted. Great job!

~Tally

21. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Wow, this update was amazing=D=, but I do feel sorry for Padmé, and I wonder how she will handle this.

And when Anakin/Vader used the dark side on her, she was affected like that, hmm, that was a thought that never crossed my mind[face_thinking].

Thanks for the pm[:D] and now I cannot wait for more.

22. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    Such despair for the life that could have been, and the life that Padme is living now. I really don't know how she's taking it. It must be suffocating (and it literally is when Vader decides to do the force choke). Great update, Padlei.[face_peace]

23. anakinsangelover

anakinsangelover Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    poor padme... she still loves him but she just cant stand him and his ways... blah...

great update though

24. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Definitely all is not candies and romance in the Skywalker household.

Very nice update. You portrayed Padme's frustration and Anakin's insistence to the point where I felt both emotions. Hopefully Padme has the strength of will and the resilience to make Anakin see reason. Things are getting quite interesting. Looking forward to more!

25. kennyboy

kennyboy Jedi Master star 2

Jun 16, 2006
    aaaawwwww poor padme, hope she and the twins can escape ani

wonderful story so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.