main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shattered (Obidala, AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Apr 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: Shattered
    Summary: It's ten years post TPM and it's time that Obi-Wan Kenobi keep a promise to someone. How will his Padawan react to learning what the promise was, and what exactally it involves?
    Notes: Obidala, AU.
    Category: The Saga.

I'm locking this up until I can find time to write for it again. ;)

----------------------------------------

Master Kenobi,

It's been long years since we last met.

You were a great hero to my people then, and still are to this very day.

My daughter has spoken of you many times over the last decade, and deeply is looking forward to her coming of age ceremony.

Finally she'll be able to be the true wife worthy of a Jedi Knight.

You'll be happy to know that your Bride has not accepted a third term of Office as Queen, and will be able to fully live up to her duty as your wife, and be a mother to any future children.

We cannot wait to see you again, Master Kenobi.

My Daughter awaits you with a lightened heart.

Sincerely,

Mr. Naberrie

--------------------------------

"Master, what is it that you're reading there?"

Obi-Wan Kenobi, startled, nearly dropped the Data Padd from his hands, that he was using to check his message base off of the Holo Network.

"Dammit Boy," Obi-Wan growled. "Don't you know how to announce your presence in a room?"

"Master?"

"I'm sorry, Ani," Obi-Wan sighed. "I shouldn't have shouted. You just startled me, is all."

"It's all right, Master," Anakin smiled. "What is it that you're holding to your chest?"

Obi-Wan quickly realized how hard he'd been grasping the Padd in his hands.

"Oh, nothing," Obi-Wan scoffed. "Just some useless Holo Spam. You know how the reporters are. Being the Master of the Chosen One and all," He teased lightly, hoping that Anakin would drop it.

Obi-Wan scowled when Anakin asked the next question.

"Are you hiding something from me, Master?"

"Now why would I be hiding something, Anakin?" Obi-Wan spat. "Go off to your classes. You've wasted enough of your time talking to me about nothing."

"I'm sorry, Master," Anakin said.

Anakin left quietly for the day of classes. He said nothing more.

TBC

2. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I'm intruiged!!! Please more?

Love the title, too :D

~aeryn

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thank you, I'll have a new update soon. :)

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    --------------------------------------------

The sun was bright in the blue sky over Theed city. It made the lush green lawns nearly glow in the beautiful golden rays.

Padme Naberrie often wondered if anything was more beautiful than her beloved city. She often feared that someday something would make her leave her beloved home, and her dear family.

A career in politics kept her from home often, but she had always been comforted by the fact that she would be able to return home, when her duties were finished with the Senate for the month.

Something had always kept her curious if that life would last for her.

That something was a blessing ceremony that her family had arranged for her, just after the battle of Naboo, ten years ago.

It was to thank the hero's of Naboo. Her father had said.

One hero in particular.

A dashing twenty-five year old Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

It wasn't until Obi-Wan had left with the other Jedi, that Padme had learned what exactally the blessing ceremony really had been.

An old marriage ceremony that had not been used in least over a hundred years.

She had been married to a Jedi Knight, in the eyes of her family and people.

It was not something every fourteen year old would expect to happen every day, that was for certain.

Padme had dreamed of marrying a Jedi Knight as a child. A brave and dashing hero.

Her father had made her dream come true.

Now, it was soon time to meet him.

Her father had gotten word from the Jedi Council that Obi-Wan would arrive in three days to go through with the contract for her coming-of-age ceremony.

Then, they would be legally married.

Padme had yet to have contact with Obi-Wan directly for the last ten years.

She had no idea what that said on his feelings for her, or what he thought of the idea of marriage to the fourteen year old girl he had barely known once, or even spoken too.

What Padme remembered most about him, was that he had been kind.

The Senator smiled, and settled back into her bed for a good night's rest.

Tomorrow, she would see her husband.

TBC

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I'll post again later today. :)

6. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Interesting Start-looking forward to more

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Kab: Hey! Good to see you. Thank you. :)

The next post will be up by the weekend. :)

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    they were married when she was 14? can't wait to read about the reunion :D

ya know, for a happy fic (so far) the name doesn't really fit. shattered is a negative word. well, all will be explained won't it?

~aeryn

9. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Great stuff Sara! I'm wondering how Ani is going to take this. Remember in the TPM novel he tells her "I'm going to marry you someday." Well I guess he's not. They got a better man for the job! Please post more soon!!!

10. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    Please post more Sara. I want to see what happens. I also want to UP it A little. So UP UP UP UP UP UP we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    The title has to do with Anakin. ;)

I'll have a new post up by Sunday at the latest. ;)

12. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Anxiously awaiting your post. I need something to lift my spirits.

~aeryn

13. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    Sara! Please post! I think this is a great story! I still want to see how Anakin reacts to our favorite couples' bethroment.

14. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    cool :D how did obi-wan find out that he and padme were married? or does he know? i probably missed the answer somewhere :p

~TJF

15. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Up for a post!!!

~aeryn

16. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    One thing to say:
    I LOVE OBIDALA'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they're one of the two best couples...(Kyp and Jaina of course....hehehe)

But seriously I love this...it's definitely different from the ones I have read before....well...that said, I WANT MORE!!!

Is this gonna be an Anakin-finds-out-and-goes-nuts kind of fic?

17. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Cool, I love this starting :)

Could somebody please get a mod to edit the post that makes the page extra-long? It's a bit hard to read at present.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    No I won't get a Mod to edit my post. Sorry. ;)

But I won't make the page so long, next time.

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Naboo, was a beautiful planet.

It hadn't changed much in the last ten years. There were more buildings, and perhaps afew more people about. But nothing that was a serious change.

Except perhaps one.

Obi-Wan noted the matter that Anakin had taken with him, since learning that the Naberrie family was calling Obi-Wan in on an old promise to marry their daughter, Padme, that he had no real idea about, until just afew hours ago.

Anakin was being rude to everyone that crossed his path. He would not even look Obi-Wan in the face whenever he spoke. Only the blue eyes would narrow, and his breathing would increase.

The left Obi-Wan with only one idea as the cause.

Anakin still carried some sort of childhood crush on Padme. Feelings that were harmless then. She was much older, and there had been no threat for romance between them.

But now, Anakin was a young man who still carried very real feelings for a woman he barely knew as a child. He clearly seen this engagement, as a threat to whatever he dreamed of her being to him eventually.

Obi-Wan did not want to stand in way of his Padawan's dreams.

But he couldn't just walk away from this union either. Not without dealing with the Naberrie family first.

And Padme

He wondered what she was like now. No longer the young Queen of her childhood, but a grown woman who was now a Senator, and most famous in the Republic for how she often faught for her people, and what they wanted.

She was certainly a woman who he wished to know.

But he could not marry her. Not if it posed a threat to his relationship with Anakin. His Padawan would always be first.

No matter how this meeting was going to turn out.

Obi-Wan, nervously swollowed, and tucked his robes in so it wouldn't show off his lightsaber, as the lift continued to take him up toward Padme's apartment on Naboo.

TBC :D

20. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I think Obi-Wan's feelings for Padme will change once he sees her, i think :D

~aeryn

21. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    I really hope they do Aeryn....because Anakin would certainly not consider Obi-Wan if it were the other way around....humph!!

I hope they both fall desperatly in love beyond redemption!!!!

22. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    :D I hope they do, too. Just a thought, has anyone visited the Community board? They have a banner up and ahem, well, there's small Obidala innuendo there ;)

If you're a big Obidala 'shipper, it'll bring a huge grin to your face :D

~aeryn

23. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    Great post Sara! It just keeps getting better and better. Aeryn, I got to see that banner. Up UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    I want more but I also wanna get off this first page and its *evil sidescroll*!!!!!!!

25. Solo_Skywalker

Solo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    Cool story, looking foward to more! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.