main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shattered Remembrance (L/M, H/L, drama, angst) - Thank You!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-2B, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cupid7

cupid7 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 10, 2004
    Oh yeah!

A new fic, a long one, by the Master!

And the premise... it picks up where Timothy Zahn let VotF end! Couldn?t be better! Perhaps some day Mr. Zahn himself may write a VotF sequel and we?ll see how the two compare. After the inverted romance in VotF (lame marriage proposal followed by programmed love declaration followed by bland kiss), the bets are on YOU, Jedi-2B. (One wonders how Mr. Zahn would handle procreation.)

But the title and your warning are a little dark ? maybe I should be more concerned about Luke. Or Mara. Or both. Already Luke?s in trouble, either zipped off planet through some kind of space warp or (more likely) sandbagged under some sort of Force shield. But what of Mara, who also felt the danger sense? Is she still in danger? Or if not, do she and Luke now perceive danger jointly ? if one feels it they both feel it?

It?s enough to bring me out of hibernation. What a great present for Fathers? Day!

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot, Cupid!!! :)

Cupid7 posted:
    After the inverted romance in VotF (lame marriage proposal followed by programmed love declaration followed by bland kiss), the
    bets are on YOU, Jedi-2B. (One wonders how Mr. Zahn would handle procreation.)

HEE! Least he got the characters right!! [face_laugh]

Yuppers, ginchy or Redgold could also do a bang up job!! *melting!* Inverted romances? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Better than Callista and cumputer jokes. [face_laugh] :D Much better. :)

3. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    OH, sh...avitz. :eek:

Please tell me more is coming soon. [face_praying]
    Soon as in now. :D
    Now as in shoulda been yesterday. :p

4. Gonkdroid27

Gonkdroid27 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2007
    Great Start! I'm on the edge of my seat. Hope Luke isn't dead dead. If there is a PM, may I be added?

5. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000

RebelMom: Slow is much better. -- It remains to be seen, in my case. ;)

smiley_rancor: Is he, isn't he??? -- Only his hairdresser knows for sure. (wondering if you're old enough to get that joke). :p Thanks. :D

Blue_Milkshake: Thanks. And I think I have this PM business figured out.

Bri_Windstar:
    Evil cliffie! But I gotta say, I'm incredibly curious now. -- Curious is good. [face_devil]

YodaKenobi: Luke's so subtle -- Isn't he, though? Thanks. :D

DarthRandum: I just finished reading your Journey of Discovery trilogy and found this, and can't wait for more. -- Don't expect this to be on the same level as JoD. I think my brain is getting too old for really long complicated stories.

Knight_Aragorn: Hm, maybe Luke let slip to Leia about he and Mara, and she was less happy than he thought? Though I don't see Leia being that violent. I guess we'll see. -- LOL! Now that would be a twist. And Leia meant to blow up Mara's taxi, but Luke got in it by mistake. :p Thanks.

Jade_eyes: But Wes? Argh!! Mara'd have to be totally... out of it. With PT's help though, how dark could it get? -- Shhh. PT has been looking for ideas for a new story. [face_shhh]

cupid7: You have to look above for a true fanfic Master (Knight_Aragorn). I'm not holding my breath to wait for Mr. Zahn to write a romantic sequel to VotF. I'm glad Kathy Tyers did the 'procreation' book.

You might have to wait a few chapters for all your questions to be answered, cupid. *thinks ahead* If they are at all, that is. Don't expect too much.
    Thanks for stopping by! Hope you had a good Father's Day.

Jade_eyes: Yep, ginchy and RedGold, and YOU, are romance masters, too. :D

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal: Patience, I'm still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

Gonkdroid27: Ah, you slipped in. I not only write slow, I do replies slow. Luke, dead dead? Well, you won't find out for sure today. Thanks.

Thanks, all. More coming in a sec. But don't expect to see Luke just yet. [face_devil]

6. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Chapter Two

Leia Organa-Solo exhaled wearily. Recent events had drained her energy, and Luke's sporadic lessons on using the Force to refresh herself were proving elusive. But as she relaxed back into the co-pilot's chair of the Millennium Falcon, she reflected that it was a good kind of weariness, the kind she would welcome on a regular basis. Peace with the Empire. She'd been working nearly her entire life toward this goal, and now, finally, it had been achieved. Even her ever-optimistic brother was going to be surprised to learn of Pellaeon's proposal of a peace treaty.

"Hey, you okay?"

Leia smiled at her husband's soft query. "I'm fine. I-" Leia sat up suddenly, peering down at the sparkling city-planet beneath them as a soft brush tickled her senses. "Luke's on Coruscant already!"

"His message did say he'd be getting back today or tomorrow," Han pointed out, effortlessly guiding the Falcon to bypass the heaviest traffic.

"I know. I guess I just wasn't expecting him to beat us back." Leia shook her head. "Wait till I give him a piece of my mind for running off like that."

"Aw, don't be too hard on him. You of all people should know how he likes rescuing damsels in distress."

"I'd hardly call Mara Jade a damsel in distress," Leia humphed.

"Maybe he's turning into a skirt chaser," Han said with a laugh.

"He's known her for ten years, nerfherder." Leia leaned back and crossed her arms. "If he wanted to chase that skirt, he would've done it before now."

Han snorted in apparent agreement. "So, whadda you think his big surprise is?"

"I haven't the foggiest idea. Knowing him it has something to do with the Jedi."

"You're probably right," Han said, with what sounded like a disappointed sigh. He started to reach for the comm, ready to signal for their final approach to the landing platform adjacent to Orowood Tower. His hand stayed, however, at a sharp intake of breath from Leia.

"What's the matter?"

Leia's fingernails dug into the armrests of Chewbacca's oversized co-pilot's seat. "I felt a stab of ? of panic. From Luke." Before Han could reply, Leia gave a strangled cry, collapsing forward against her restraint harness.

"Leia!" Han was near panic himself. The landing platform was looming ever closer; the local control tower was already requesting his clearance code. "Leia, what's wrong!" He shook her shoulder, ignoring the persistent voice on the comm.

Taking a deep breath to control her trembling, Leia motioned for him to answer the comm. "Land!" she choked out.

Hands flying over the buttons and switches, Han barked the Falcon's code to the startled controller. Keeping one eye on his trembling wife, he set the ship down with a louder-than-usual thud. Leia tore out of her restraints before he barely began the shut-down sequence. Han found her at the bottom of the landing ramp, arms wrapped around herself and tears flowing freely.

"Leia, sweetheart ?" Han enveloped her in his strong embrace. "Tell me what you feel. Is it Luke?" he guessed.

"I don't know where he's at!" Leia keened, wind whipping her hair out of its braid. "He's gone, I can't feel him."

"We'll find him," Han soothed. "It'll be all right. We'll find him."

Drawing herself up, Leia attempted to clear her mind. She just had to approach this logically. Luke had reached out to her through the Force only a few minutes ago. He'd been fine. Drawing strength from Han's comforting hold, Leia closed her eyes and concentrated, shifting through the myriad of lifeforms on Coruscant, searching for a thread of familiarity that would represent her beloved brother.

"Leia?"

"He's not dead," Leia murmured. "I'd know if he were dead."

"Course he's not dead," Han agreed automatically. "He's probably got himself in one of his usual predicaments. Maybe one of those fuzzy snakes is around, blockin' him from you."

Leia shook her head, gazing out at the tall buildings on the horizon. "I felt his pain, Han." She pulled loose, heading t

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Okay, my spidey-sense (my ginchy-sense?) has been tingling on this story. I have one of two ideas... But there's always that third (fourth, fifth) unknown, especially when it comes to a great author like you, gal.

Ooooh, dear. I hope Luke is okay!! :_| With both Leia and Mara feeling it, I don't think it was a fender-bender. [face_worried]

"I am not allowed to access information on other units without proper authoriza-"

"Here's your authorization, you robo-hack!" With one swift motion, Mara had her lightsaber ignited and pointed at the mechanical throat.

Love it! :D

...next Monday, huh? Can't possibly kick this up to two times a week or everyday or something? ;) [face_laugh]

Great update!

8. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    :_| - I didn't get first post! :p

Poor Leia! Poor Mara! Poor Han! Lukie's been in an accident, and they can't sense him anymore yet they are all in complete denial that he's dead! :_| - How are they going to recover from this terrible, awful, no-good tragedy? :(

9. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    Okay... no matter what the facts are going to say: I just decided I will join Leia and Mara in their denial... I will believve them that he is not dead even if thy cannot feel him right now.[face_batting]

cheers,

VeryBusy

10. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Oh! [face_worried] I really hope Luke will be okay. :_|
    Great update though! :) Can't wait for more! =D=

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Mara is in her element. What a way to start an engagement. It's a Skywalker thing I guess.

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    :_| No. I can't take it. Say it isn't so. :_|

But I loved this part, because it's such a great characterization all the way around:

I know. I guess I just wasn't expecting him to beat us back." Leia shook her head. "Wait till I give him a piece of my mind for running off like that."

"Aw, don't be too hard on him. You of all people should know how he likes rescuing damsels in distress."

"He's known her for ten years, nerfherder." Leia leaned back and crossed her arms. "If he wanted to chase that skirt, he would've done it before now."

[face_laugh]

But hurry up and update! [face_praying] You're killing me here! :(

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great update. [face_thinking] I'm not gonna say what I think happened. But I remember a discussion awhile back about if Mara was in an accident and lost her memory up to the point of the present and thought she was in the bad old Imperial days. [face_laugh] There was even a discussion about what would happen if Luke lost his memory and thought he was like in the time before BY. :D Needless to say, if that is what happened, it sure would make things... very very very interesting! Woot!! Mara'll just have to make him fall in love with her all over again. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] *melting*!

14. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Ack! Evil cliffie again! I don't know if I can' wait for the next update, girl! [face_worried]

Well done! =D=

15. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    ooo... that's almost as evil as me!

but we know he ain't dead... but oh boy, something is going to be wrong with him being alive!

YIKES!

16. DarthRandum

DarthRandum Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2007
    Great update, I bet this whole thing will make Mara and Leia closer.

17. cupid7

cupid7 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 10, 2004
    Whew! Luke?s not dead, that?s a relief. But what? He?s not communicating with Leia or Mara, so he?s not conscious. But he doesn?t seem to be simply unconscious, either. I?m thinking Luke has had serious neurological damage, perhaps a unique type that will strongly impact the rest of the story.

Great start, Jedi-2B!

(And hi, Jade_eyes! Yeah, procreation Zahn-style: birth followed by pregnancy followed by...)

18. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005

Maybe he's not interested in chasing her skirt, just her skin-tight catsuit :p but he'd better be alive to do the chasing

19. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005
    just found this! Love it! PM's here, please!

20. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    Loved that!!! Great comment since it is hard to see Mara in a skirt!!!:p

MJR]-}

21. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Yikes! [face_worried]

I especially liked this bit:
    "Here's your authorization, you robo-hack!" With one swift motion, Mara had her lightsaber ignited and pointed at the mechanical throat.

Thanks for the PM!

22. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Well I wasn't expecting that. Of course, you do say drama and angst, so we were warned.

More soon, please. Cheers D_M

23. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003

[face_laugh]

Hands flying over the buttons and switches, Han barked the Falcon's code to the startled controller. Keeping one eye on his trembling wife, he set the ship down with a louder-than-usual thud. Leia tore out of her restraints before he barely began the shut-down sequence. Han found her at the bottom of the landing ramp, arms wrapped around herself and tears flowing freely.

Poor Leia :(

"Course he's not dead," Han agreed automatically. "He's probably got himself in one of his usual predicaments. Maybe one of those fuzzy snakes is around, blockin' him from you."

[face_laugh]

"It was a collision between the taxi and a private speeder. Two casualties, one of those fatal. No identification of either released yet."
    Mara didn't need any identification. It was him; she knew it. And regardless of whether she could sense him or not, she also knew that he was not the fatality.

That doesn't sound good at all. You aren't going to paralyze poor Luke or something, are you? [face_worried]

Great post, Jedi_2B :D Loved seeing Mara take action and giving the taxi driver her "authorization" [face_dancing] I also really liked Han and Leia's interaction.

I'm more than a little worried about what you have planned for Luke though. If he's hurt badly enough that neither Leia or Mara can feel him in the Force, he must be pretty messed up. And I can't help but wonder how much of an "accident" this is. Leia and Mara just stopped a civil war and got a peace treaty with the Empire when they found the Caamas Document? there are probably a lot of people who would like to punish him for that [face_thinking]

Can't wait for more :D

24. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Oooohh, this is the one you told me about! Glad to see you've started posting it. :D

"I meant, without any Imperials or Chiss or leathery flying companions. Without anyone shooting at us, or drowning us, or trying to recruit us for their Empire. You know, somewhere with ? uh ? comfortable furniture, and, uh ?"

Mara reached out a hand to halt his fumbling. "I know what you meant, and it sounds wonderful." She grinned wryly. "Though you're still pathetic at being devious."

LOVE the banter! [face_love]

*grins happily at new Jedi-2B fic which promises to be quite a ride*

[:D]

25. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    A big THANK YOU!! to everyone for your replies.

Since I'm going to be busy Monday, (and since this wouldn't fit in with all those MMM fics I'm expecting), I'll probably update on Sunday evening. I trust no one will mind being a bit early. :D

ginchy: Okay, my spidey-sense (my ginchy-sense?) has been tingling on this story. I have one of two ideas... But there's always that third (fourth, fifth) unknown, especially when it comes to a great author like you, gal. -- I'd lay money that your first or second idea is right. I'm fairly predictable. LOL!

...next Monday, huh? Can't possibly kick this up to two times a week or everyday or something? -- Sure. And then there would be months between updates, when I run out of already-written chapters.

PonyTricks: How are they going to recover from this terrible, awful, no-good tragedy? -- As you already know, they may not. :p

verybusy: I just decided I will join Leia and Mara in their denial... -- Denial: Not just a long river in Africa. Denial is good. ;)

dancing_star: I hope Luke will be okay, too. *checks notes* hmmm ... we'll see.

RebelMom: What a way to start an engagement. It's a Skywalker thing I guess. -- Skywalkers don't do anything the ordinary way, do they?

VaderLVR64: No. I can't take it. Say it isn't so. -- Isn't what so? That Luke was kidnapped by a big blobby alien with bad breath? Nope, it's not so. [face_laugh]

Jade_eyes:
    I'm not gonna say what I think happened. -- Are you saying what you think is going to happen is what you want to happen? You may be in luck, or you may not. That part has been written ages ago, before any discussion anywhere. ;)

Jade_Pilot: I don't know if I can' wait for the next update, girl! -- Hang on. It won't be that long.

RedGold: ooo... that's almost as evil as me! -- quite a compliment. [face_devil]

but we know he ain't dead... but oh boy, something is going to be wrong with him being alive! -- I can't believe there could EVER be something wrong with Luke being alive. LOL!

DarthRandum: Great update, I bet this whole thing will make Mara and Leia closer. -- I'll take that bet. Double or nothing. [face_devil]

cupid7: Unique? Depends on your point of view. ;)

Feng_Huang: Maybe he's not interested in chasing her skirt, just her skin-tight catsuit but he'd better be alive to do the chasing -- Chasing it or not, I promise you won't find the word 'catsuit' in this fanfic. :p

palpyisgod2: Welcome. Look for a PM on Sunday night, possibly. :D

mara_jade_rox: Loved that!!! Great comment since it is hard to see Mara in a skirt!!! -- There was that pic of her on the cover of VotF. Though I don't recall a description of her wearing said outfit anywhere in the book. :p

Blue_Milkshake: Now I'm getting thirsty for a milkshake. Blue or otherwise. :)

Darth_Marrs: Well I wasn't expecting that. Of course, you do say drama and angst, so we were warned. -- Yep, my first fic ever that warranted an 'angst' tag.

YodaKenobi: That doesn't sound good at all. You aren't going to paralyze poor Luke or something, are you? -- Paralyze him? Hmmm, that sounds like a good idea. Actually, it reminds me of some fic I read a long time ago, which I don't think was ever finished.

And I can't help but wonder how much of an "accident" this is. Leia and Mara just stopped a civil war and got a peace treaty with the Empire when they found the Caamas Document? there are probably a lot of people who would like to punish him for that -- Punish Luke, instead of Leia or Mara? That would be cruel.

Jedi Trace: Oooohh, this is the one you told me about! --

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.