main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shattered Remembrance (L/M, H/L, drama, angst) - Thank You!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-2B, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    walker-of-minds: Well, we do have two Starbucks in town now. [face_coffee] That okay? Just don't expect me to join you. Maybe I'll develop a taste for coffee when I grow up. :p

cupid7: LOL! Haven't been to a single game, and haven't watched too many on tv yet. No, my excuses tend more toward ferrying my mom back and forth to the doctor, and going on a couple short trips.

But... *drumroll* if everyone is ready, on this so-far sunny Friday the 13th, then it's your lucky day.[face_good_luck] New chapter coming up in just a second. :D

2. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Apologies to all for this taking so long. Old brains go slow.

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Leia remembered Luke describing what he called a 'danger sense' during one of her infrequent training sessions with him long ago. A tingling, he said, a foreboding that something is going to happen. She knew without a doubt that the prickle nudging at her mind was just such a warning.

"Han," Leia said, laying one hand on his arm. "Slow down."

"What? Why?" Han glanced at her, but continued to maintain his breakneck speed.

"Han!"

"All right, all ri?" The rest of Han's reply was drowned out by a combination of Leia's scream and the crashing down of a huge metal grate in their path.

Han attempted to swerve, but there was nowhere to swerve to. The grate extended completely across the tunnel, and the tram car slammed sideways into it, with Han's side receiving the brunt of the collision. The tram flipped over, its repulsors pushing it away from the low ceiling before the engine whined to a halt. Han crawled out from underneath the vehicle, wincing at a stabbing pain in his side.

"Leia!" Ignoring any injury of his own, Han tried lifting the tram off his pinned, and motionless, wife. "Leia, answer me!" Grunting with the effort, Han strained to raise the vehicle enough to pull Leia out.

"I've got it."

The calm voice from over Han's shoulder startled him momentarily, and immediately the tram was tossed aside with an uncanny ease. He gave Guri a cursory glance. "How'd you ...?"

"I leapt clear just before the crash," the droid replied, bending to examine Leia. "I do not ascertain any broken bones or major contusions."

A weak moan came from Leia just then, and Han shouldered Guri aside. "Sweetheart, can you hear me?"

Chocolate-brown eyes fluttered open, and Han had never seen a more welcome sight.

"Leia, are you all right?" Han's gaze swept over his wife, and he was relieved to see Guri's assessment seemed correct. That didn't mean there couldn't be internal injuries, though.

"Yes, I ... I think I just got the wind knocked out of me." Leia started to sit up, and Han immediately cupped one arm behind her back, then regretted the action as another pain jabbed into his left side.

"Han!" Roles were reversed as Leia scrambled to examine Han.

"Broken ribs," Guri pronounced, watching as Leia tenderly ran her fingers over Han's skin.

"I can see that," Leia bit out, a worried frown creasing her brow. "Sit still, hon. You don't want to puncture?"

"Will you quit fussing over me?" Han pulled out of Leia's grasp, turning aside so she wouldn't see his grimace as he struggled to his feet. "I've had worse than this a dozen times over."

Leia's eyes narrowed in frustration, and Han just then noticed a bruise darkening on her cheekbone. But he knew Leia well enough to know she didn't appreciate anyone fussing over her any more than he did.

"We should turn around and go back to the Falcon," Leia said, glancing back the direction they'd come. And get your injuries tended to, her pinched expression added silently.

"We should've taken the Falcon to begin with," Han growled, more to himself than to his companions. He walked over to the upturned tram, where Guri was poking. "Whadda you think are the chances this thing will run again?"

"With the tools available in the storage bin, I estimate there is a twenty-two percent chance of repairing the repulsors," Guri answered.

Leia walked over to study the grate ? more slowly than usual, Han noted. "I don't see any controls to lift this thing," she said. "Which means we have no choice but to turn around."

"It's a long hike," Han pointed out. He belatedly realized his objection made it look like he couldn't walk that far. "I can make it, though," he added. "If you're sure that you're okay."

"My internal distance calculator indicates that we are just over a kilometer from where the exit to the Stybridge spaceport should be," Guri interjected, before Leia could reply. "We have a

3. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    First Post! :D - See? I can be fast. :p

"We should've taken the Falcon to begin with," Han growled, more to himself than to his companions. He walked over to the upturned tram, where Guri was poking. "Whadda you think are the chances this thing will run again?" - Han is always optimistic about getting junked vehicles to run again. [face_laugh]

And YEA! The Jedi remembers! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    action packed and Luke's remembering more. Good Post! Hope Leia's going to be okay. I wish Artoo could have gotten the message Leia sent.

5. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Poor Han and Leia!! :( At least they're relatively okay.
    And Luke's remembering more and more and told Mara he loved her? Yay!!! [face_love][face_dancing]
    Awesome post!! So great to see this updated!! [:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

6. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    "I love you, Mara Jade," he whispered. "Apparently not even amnesia can ever erase that fact."

Awwwww... [face_love]

I hope Han and Leia don't have any serious injuries for real... [face_worried] At least they had Guri with them!

7. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    Luke's memory was restored. Disjointed fragments of his life, released from the depths of Mara's mind where they had been locked since Nirauan, served as the bait to draw out his entire memory. It had been so simple, yet she never would've been able to transfer the memories to him without the heightened Force awareness that the battle had induced.

And now he knew ...

That was definitely worth the wait.

You are still doing a fantastic job with Han & Leia; Luke has finally come to his senses, and the bad guy is getting away. Great stuff.

8. cggunnersmate

cggunnersmate Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2007
    YIPPEEEEE!!!! Luke has his memories back! It never occured to me that a joining of their minds like in the cave on Nirauan might trigger Luke's memories to come back. Nicely done. Though it was a treat watching amnesia Luke re-discover his feelings for Mara, it's good he has his memories back. I wonder how Leia will take it. I know she'll be happy he has his memories back but I think she also like him being a little dependent on her and having to look after him. Of course L/M have to tell H/L about their engagement. I wonder how Leia will take that. Well I'm still with ya and looking forward to more Jedi-2b!

"And here I was agonizing over how to propose to you," he said, a smile slowly forming. He cupped her cheek with one hand. "I love you, Mara Jade," he whispered. "Apparently not even amnesia can ever erase that fact."
    I loved this part! Luke you old smoothie!
    He leaned in closer, and Mara could feel his love wash over her in a flood of joy and relief. Their lips had barely met when Artoo let loose an impatient tootle.
    Of course Artoo would have to spoil the moment lol!
    "Spoilsport," Mara snickered, trying not to laugh at the glare the poor droid received from his master. She hugged Luke tightly, then reluctantly stepped back. "I guess we should get going, before Buaran can spring any more traps."

"Then we'd better make tracks." Mara reached out and clasped his hand. "You realize I won't ever want to let you out of my sight again, and that includes never taking separate airtaxis."

lol! Now it's Mara's turn to be over protective!

9. TenelKaSolo

TenelKaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    Woot! An update! yay! Loved it! and Luke's got him memories back. yay. :) Now for some good old fashioned Luke/Mara fluff!

Thanks for the PM and don't be a stranger. :p

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Han and Leia are a trip, both worrying about the other and telling each other: "Stop fussing over me!" [face_laugh] The fight with the guards was amazing =D= The L&M stuff/mush was AWESOME/SPLENTABULOUS!! SQUGGLES, SQUGGLES, SQUGGLES, SQUGGLES!!!! Thank you for that!!! :) [face_dancing]

11. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Well worth the wait! Great post. Nice to see Luke finally get everything back.

While I've never had a PM list with 49 people (that's a LOT) I found a Mass PM method that really sped up the process if you don't already have it.

12. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Sorry I haven't stopped by in awhile, DRL's been chasing me... but I had to comment on this update!

Hooray!!! Luke has his memory back! [face_dancing] I knew you wouldn't leave him the way he was, I had faith in you! ;) I loved the parallel between their adventure on Nirauan and Luke recovering his memory... clever ;) That ending was a bit too happy, and now you have me worried you're going to do something wicked. I can't wait! :D

"I love you, Mara Jade," he whispered. "Apparently not even amnesia can ever erase that fact."

Awwww [face_love][:D] Great job 2B!

13. Jedi_Emeritus

Jedi_Emeritus Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 22, 2005
    Cool, an update!

I loved this! Even in the Star Wars universe butlers are immediately under suspicion. Great update!

14. bkwrm752003

bkwrm752003 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    His memory's back![face_dancing] Awesome chapter. I can't wait until they tell Han and Leia the news! More soon please.

15. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    AWESOME!! I am soo glad you updated! And thanks for the PM!

Sweet post! I hope Han doesn't run into too much trouble with that rib....

And the L/M half was amazing. I love how instinctual their fighting was, and how despite the ironic thought Mara had, the same thing that brought them together...brought them BACK together. in a sense. Anyway, I'm glad he's got his memory back...and I love the way he reacted. Awesome! I loved it!

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

16. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007

Yeah baby! Luke got his memory back! Woot! LOL Great update!

17. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    *sighs*

I've missed this sooo much...Thank you for the wonderful post!!!

Great job!!!

MJR:D

18. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    He remembers but they aren't out of trouble yet.

19. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Fantastic update!!!! =D= =D= =D= I love the way Luke got his memory back! It was just right, especially the line about even amnesia not being able to keep him from loving her. *contented sigh*

LOL Moment: "I don't know. Maybe the butler escaped."

"Are you saying the butler did it?" Han retorted. "Hon, you been readin' mystery holonovels behind my back?"
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

It was worth the wait!! :)

Bravo! =D=

20. jaded_jewel

jaded_jewel Guest

I LOOOOOOOVED IT!! Everything was perfect. From Han saying they should've used the Falcon to the L/M moments...AWWW and SQUEE! [face_love]

21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww... yeah!!! Luke has his memory back!! :D :D :D

That was so sweet! [face_love] [face_love] I loved it!

That was totally worth the wait!!

Fantastic update!! =D=

I can't wait for more!!

22. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I read this earlier and didn't get to leave a comment! :oops: Anyway, I LOVED it! Luke is remembering more, and I'm glad. But my favorite part was this bit of interaction between Han and Leia:

"Han!" Roles were reversed as Leia scrambled to examine Han.

"Broken ribs," Guri pronounced, watching as Leia tenderly ran her fingers over Han's skin.

"I can see that," Leia bit out, a worried frown creasing her brow. "Sit still, hon. You don't want to puncture?"

"Will you quit fussing over me?" Han pulled out of Leia's grasp, turning aside so she wouldn't see his grimace as he struggled to his feet. "I've had worse than this a dozen times over."

Leia's eyes narrowed in frustration, and Han just then noticed a bruise darkening on her cheekbone. But he knew Leia well enough to know she didn't appreciate anyone fussing over her any more than he did.

How true! And one of the things that makes them such a good couple! :p

=D=

23. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    *cues Handel's Hallelujah chorus*

"Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

WOOOTT!!! There's an update!!! [face_dancing] There's happiness!!!! [face_dancing] LUKE'S GOT HIS MEMORIES BACK!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

"Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2B, you're brilliant!!!! No, more than brilliant...you're....*think of a word that means more than brilliant"...uuumm.....well, you're definitely amazing!

Now, if we can get this whole lord idiot stuff cleared up ASAP, we can get some serious mush and a WEDDING!

WOOT!! that was an update worth the wait! And I'm stunned at what an amazing way that was to bring his memory back.....spectacular!

Thanks so much girl! You made my night!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

24. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    *pumps fist*

Awesomeness...Luke remembers!:cool:

Great update! Well worth the wait!

CJM

25. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    49 PM's? Wow thats mad!

Anyway great update! I'm so glad that Luke remembers!

Thanks for the pm!

PHGS Weyr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.