Beyond Shattered Remembrance (L/M, H/L, drama, angst) - Thank You!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-2B, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master

star 3
    Welcome back! I welcome you back and then you shoot Han. Maybe the bad guy bit the dust and all that blood is blow back. Can't wait to read more! Great job and thanks.@};-
  2. The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Sorry for the long-time-lurking, Jedi-2B!

But now that Han has been shot, I'm all dread and exitement!
    Won't let him die, will ya? :_|

*Solo-Smirk
  3. Blue_Milkshake Jedi Knight

star 3
    A great update with a devilishly clever cliffie too!
  4. wac0782 Jedi Padawan

If there is a pm list can I please be added to it for this story.
  5. Wifflesnip Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow, my head is swimming slightly from spending the last 4 hours reading this story but it was definitely worth sacrificing the time for because your story is fantastic Jedi 2B.

I'm pretty new to the whole EU, I only discovered that there were Star Wars novels a month ago, the bookstore assistant rolled his eyes at me when I asked how many sequels there were to the movies (shakes my head in shame). I will admit though, naivete is a cheaper pastime.

So far I'm a Luke and Mara convert (though it was a bit disconcerting to find out about her existence and her death on the same day) I've been trying to fill in their story as much as possible. I'm loving all this wonderful fan fiction on them, especially the romance/ angst fiction because the canon novels, how do I put this delicately, don't do romance well, which is a shame since there is so much potential there. Thank-you for writing their relationship as it should be, maybe the reason the writers left so many gaps in the novel time-line was so that better drama writers such as yourself could come along and fill it in for us :)

As for Callista.....hmmm.....did someone here call her a body snatching force freak show? Please, please tell me that Luke did not sleep with someone that was possessing the dead body of someone else?! I haven't read her novels yet so I don't know anything about their relationship (should I bother?) What is it about Star Wars universe that feels the need to take us fans to new heights of squickiness. Incest? Check. Spousal abuse? Check. Necrophilia? Gag me!
  6. Jedi-2B Force Ghost

star 4
    Getting caught up on replies, in anticipation of hopefully putting up the next chapter tomorrow!

JEDIFLYSWATTER: Welcome back! I welcome you back and then you shoot Han. Maybe the bad guy bit the dust and all that blood is blow back. -- You'll find out tomorrow, computer-gods willing. Thanks!

The-Solo-Smirk: Sorry for the long-time-lurking, Jedi-2B! -- I don't mind lurkers. Especially ones that eventually come out from hiding! :p

But now that Han has been shot, I'm all dread and exitement!
    Won't let him die, will ya?
    -- One of my betas would kill ME if I let Han die. LOL! Thanks, and welcome!

Blue_Milkshake: A great update with a devilishly clever cliffie too! -- I promise, cross-my-heart, that this will be the last chapter with a cliffhanger ending. :D Thanks!

wac0782: If there is a pm list can I please be added to it for this story. -- Yes, indeed. Though there will only be two more chapters to go. Thanks for reading!

Wifflesnip: Wow, my head is swimming slightly from spending the last 4 hours reading this story but it was definitely worth sacrificing the time for because your story is fantastic Jedi 2B. -- LOL! Thanks. Fanfic is probably responsible for more people needing glasses than anything else.

I'm pretty new to the whole EU, I only discovered that there were Star Wars novels a month ago, the bookstore assistant rolled his eyes at me when I asked how many sequels there were to the movies (shakes my head in shame). I will admit though, naivete is a cheaper pastime. -- Reminds me of a tote bag I have that says something like "If I have a little money, I buy books. If I have anything left over, I buy food and clothes." For me, that would be SW books. They do add up. You can always try the library, used book stores, and used book sellers such as amazon.com.

Wouldn't it be nice if all us fans lived close together and could just trade books around to read?

So far I'm a Luke and Mara convert (though it was a bit disconcerting to find out about her existence and her death on the same day) I've been trying to fill in their story as much as possible. I'm loving all this wonderful fan fiction on them,-- You may want to check out the "Mara Jade Skywalker Character Discussion" and "Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion" threads on the Resource Board. Every so often, we have discussions recommending good L/M fanfics.

especially the romance/ angst fiction because the canon novels, how do I put this delicately, don't do romance well, which is a shame since there is so much potential there. -- Yes, Zahn especially, great writer that he is, is a bit lacking in the romance-writing department. There are a few good scenes here and there in the novels, but you have to look hard.

As for Callista.....hmmm.....did someone here call her a body snatching force freak show? Please, please tell me that Luke did not sleep with someone that was possessing the dead body of someone else?! I haven't read her novels yet so I don't know anything about their relationship (should I bother?) -- Ah, Callista. The bane of canon novels. In a nutshell, Callista was the spirit of an Old Republic Jedi who was trapped in a computer. One of Luke's students wanted to sacrifice herself to be with her dead Jedi boyfriend, so she offered her body to Callista since she wouldn't need it anymore. Luke had a crush on Callista's spirit, which carried over to when she came back to life. It's left pretty open-ended as to whether they ever slept together, but I'd say it's a good possibility. Not my favorite of novels (there's a trio of them).

Anyway, welcome to this story. And at least you didn't have to wait months between chapters like the other readers here. There'll be a new chapter tomorrow, then one more epilogue-type chapter. And thanks for reading!!

7. Jedi-2B Force Ghost

star 4
    Finally, here we go. The big reveal. ;) There will be one more wrap-up chapter after this, but no promises on how soon I'll get that written.

Hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Twenty-nine

"Han!"

Leia felt paralyzed with fear, not knowing or even caring if her cry had been vocal or only mental. It was Lady Buaran's scream of her own husband's name that shook Leia into comprehending what was happening.

Mara was already kneeling next to Ra'uf Buaran, a jagged hole in the center of his blood-stained black tunic. Luke was squatting behind Han, cradling his shoulders. And Han ...

Han was alert, irate, and very much alive. Leia could feel his life-force thrumming as strong as ever. It was Buaran who was motionless, his florid face already draining of color. Delia rushed past, but Leia paid her little mind, her attention now focused solely on Han.

"I think I might've cracked another rib," Han groaned, one hand clamped to his side. He grimaced as Leia quickly hugged him, then leaned back and speared him with a look that was part relief, part irritation.

"Han Solo, when are going to quit scaring me to death like this?"

"I scared myself for a second there, sweetheart." Han gingerly touched the blood adorning his white shirt, then turned to study their adversary. "Is he ...?"

"He's gone," Luke said quietly.

Leia could feel the last of Buaran's life force drain out, and she hurried to comfort Delia as the distraught woman knelt at his side. Mara rose and stepped back, seemingly uncomfortable with the emotional scene. The two wives silently embraced, one grateful that her husband was alive, the other mourning a husband that she never really knew.

"No one move," a gruff voice suddenly ordered.

Buaran's guards must have recovered their nerve, Leia thought. The men emerged from cover along the tarmac's perimeter, their rifles held steady. Luke and Mara were standing back-to-back, gripping their unlit lightsaber hilts, while Han's fingers closed around his blaster.

"There's no reason for anyone else to get hurt," Luke said calmly, his free hand raised in a placating gesture.

"No one but you," one of the guards said. He seemed to be the one in charge. "Lord Buaran!" he called out, spotting the prone figure in their midst. The guards around him raised their rifles to firing position, waiting for orders.

"Wait!" Delia's slight form glided to the forefront.

"Lady Buaran," the guard stated, inclining his head in a slight bow. "Captain Harvis, at your service. All you all right, ma'am? Have they hurt you?"

"I am unharmed," Delia replied. "These people are no threat to us," she added softly. "Please, lower your weapons."

"But ..." Harvis's gaze shifted to the body of his employer.

"Lord Buaran died at his own hand," Delia said in a strained voice. She reached out and lightly laid a soft hand on Harvis's forearm, her gaze scanning the guards surrounding them. "Please, can you call a medical team to our location? I see that some of your men require attention."

Captain Harvis hesitated only a moment. "Right away, ma'am," he acknowledged, raising his comlink to his lips.

Her eyes still red, Delia Buaran visibly tried to compose herself, then turned to Han and Leia. "There will be room on the ambulance for you, Captain Solo."

"I don't need-" Han began, until Leia cut him off.

"Thank you."

Delia's sad gaze swept the entire group. "I'm sorry, for everything. I can see now that my husband was poisoned by his father's early influence. I only wish I had realized sooner. Perhaps I could've ..."

"It's not your fault, Lady Buaran," Leia returned soothingly. "All of us have been taken in by people who are not as they appear." Her mind distractedly jumped from the faux-Callista all the way back to how Palpatine once deceived the entire Jedi Order. A distant siren pierced the stillness, and Leia looked up as it was followed by an approaching pair of flashing red lights.

"Go, join your f
  8. PonyTricks Force Ghost

star 4
    FIRST POST!

Edit - AWWWW!!!! [face_love] [face_love] - Luke and Mara are in love, Leia's okay with it! Han's safe and sound! Guri is going to get a new face. (maybe she'll pick Mara's face this time. That sounds like a sequel. [face_laugh] )

All's well that ends well! Can't wait for the epilogue!
  9. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I knew Han would be okay, or you'd probably have a rabid mob of H/L fans hunting you down and demanding a "Leia woke from the horrible nightmare" type resolution.

The Epilogue I assume will be the wedding. ;)
  10. Golden_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... Good thing you didn't kill Han... I wouldn't have stand it twice in a day!
  11. dancing_star Force Ghost

star 4
    Awwww, loved it!! [face_love] That was just wonderful- I adore happy endings! [face_dancing] (well it's not quite the ending ;) )
    Luke faking amnesia again was too funny, but he deserved that smack on the head. [face_shame_on_you] :p Too many great parts to quote. I look forward to the ending!! :D The wedding, perhaps? [face_batting]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=
  12. cggunnersmate Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Awesome, simply awesome. I do so love this story that I now find myself sad that it's practically over.:_|

Really, I've enjoyed the entire thing immensly.

Looking forward to the last chapter!
  13. kataja Force Ghost

star 4
    Lovely, lovely, lovely!!! A perfect mix of tempo, mush and fun! I loved to see Leia and Han welcome Mara with open arms! Also great to see Luke is completely his old warm self again!

""Is that what they're calling it these days?" Han snorted. "
    ROTFWML!!! That was priceless!

Beautiful work!!!!
  14. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    hee! I'm so glad Han's okay and that all the beans have been spilt. Leia asking if L/M were already married sort of reminded me of your Pendulum series. :D I also loved Luke faking amnesia there for a moment. [face_laugh] But the ending was the best, with our two favorite couples happy and together. [face_love] I'm excited for the epilogue!
  15. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    That was fun!!!!! I am. so. totally. melted.

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Thanks and squee!!!

[:D]
  16. Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Master

star 3
    :D completely awesome! Love the way he revealed both "bombshells".

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]
  17. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Exactly right! I loved every word of of it!

=D=
  18. walker-of-minds Jedi Knight

star 1
    I love happy endings-look forward to the final addition- great fic! =D=
  19. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nice! All smiles on everyone's face. Its nice to see the angst end in happiness (makes not to herself to not forget that part when she finishes writing)
  20. Rosh_Penin Jedi Knight

star 2
    Woooo! :cool: Oh Luke, what won't you do to get a rise out of people? I somehow feel that Owen Lars did not have all his sorrows to seek ...
  21. L0B0 Jedi Knight

star 2
    This has been a wonderful story 2B, I very much enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing it.

I'm such a pushover for happy endings - which makes me glad to see that Han survived and Luke is back to his old self again. It's nice to see everybody happy.
  22. Blue_Milkshake Jedi Knight

star 3
    First off, Han's OK!!![face_dancing]

"Well, you know how I like rescuing damsels in distress," Luke began, his twinkling blue eyes contrasting with Mara's emerald eye-roll. "Mara was stranded on this planet, so I swooped in. And we tromped through a cave for several days, and she graciously provided a tabulation of everything I've done wrong for the past ten years."
    "And he was so grateful," Mara interjected, "he thanked me by bringing up a list of my own shortcomings."
    "Few though they are," Luke said.
    "True." Mara sent a warm smile Luke's way. "So we managed to clear the air between us."
    "Which was long overdue," Luke added.
    "And then we both realized we loved each other," Mara said softly.

[face_laugh]Hehehe, classic Luke/Mara banter![face_love] Well done!

23. barriss31 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey! A post! That was great!=D= =D=
  24. LittleCat Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just got all caught up on your story and I absolutely love it! That was a wonderful ending to a great story, I can't wait to read the epilogue! Your characterizations are dead on and I loved the romance and humor in this last post. Well done!! =D=
  25. Darth_Marrs Force Ghost

star 4
    Great ending to a great story! Wonderful job as always!!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.