main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shattered Remembrance (L/M, H/L, drama, angst) - Thank You!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-2B, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    That was a wonderful ending!=D= Yet I would never expect of getting anything less then a super ending to your stories. I am very happy to have have an epilogue about the wedding. Just please do not break my heart somehow.[face_worried] Maybe Guri will show up like she wanted to with a "fixed" face but still a Callista face. That really would start some gossip among the guests and the social reporters covering the event.o_O Again super job and thanks.@};-

2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Finally catching up! And Han's not dead!! =D= Whew, you had me worried there for a while. Love the L/M interaction!

Well done! =D=

3. Wifflesnip

Wifflesnip Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2008
    Oops, how did I miss the update for this *slaps forehead* stupid Wiffle.

Aw I'm both sad and happy about this chapter. Happy, because it was another fantastic chapter and I'm very glad Han is not dead. Also, very, very happy with the L/M interaction. I'm sad because we are almost at the end, there was a subtle hint below for a sequel, can I make an unsubtle one. :D

Anyway, congratulations, you did what 8/10 fan-fic writers don't do, you finished a story! And you did what only a select few do from that tiny group, you wrote a great story!=D=

4. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    PonyTricks: Guri is going to get a new face. (maybe she'll pick Mara's face this time. That sounds like a sequel. ) -- Leave it to you to think up a wacky scenario like that! No, don't see it happening. :p Thanks for all your help, PT!

Jedi_Liz: I knew Han would be okay, or you'd probably have a rabid mob of H/L fans hunting you down and demanding a "Leia woke from the horrible nightmare" type resolution. -- Woke and found Han in the shower? LOL!

The Epilogue I assume will be the wedding. -- Hmmm, sorta. Thanks for all your faithful replies, Liz!

Golden_Jedi: Good thing you didn't kill Han... I wouldn't have stand it twice in a day! -- You and lots of others! Thanks!

dancing_star: That was just wonderful- I adore happy endings! -- Me, too, apparently. I'll have to try something different sometime. LOL!

I look forward to the ending!! The wedding, perhaps? -- Close. ;) Thanks.

cggunnersmate: I do so love this story that I now find myself sad that it's practically over. -- You mean unlike me, who is relieved it's practically over? Thanks so much for all your reviews!

kataja: I loved to see Leia and Han welcome Mara with open arms! -- I figured after what they'd all been thru recently, they'd be more receptive toward Mara. Thanks!

ginchy: Leia asking if L/M were already married sort of reminded me of your Pendulum series. -- Come to think of it, I've written two stories with L/M getting married while away. I didn't dare go for a three-peat. Thanks, ginchy!

Jade_eyes: Thanks so much! Glad you liked it.

Jedimaster_JainaSolo: completely awesome! Love the way he revealed both "bombshells". -- since we never got to see how he revealed their engagement in 'real life,' I thought this would fit. Thanks heaps!

VaderLVR64: Thanks so much!

walker-of-minds: I love happy endings- - me, too! Thanks loads!

jade51999: Its nice to see the angst end in happiness (makes not to herself to not forget that part when she finishes writing) -- Yes, definitely remember this! Thanks for all the reviews!

Rosh_Penin: Woooo! Oh Luke, what won't you do to get a rise out of people? I somehow feel that Owen Lars did not have all his sorrows to seek ... -- Yes, jokester Luke is still buried in there somewhere. Thanks!

L0B0: I'm such a pushover for happy endings - which makes me glad to see that Han survived and Luke is back to his old self again. It's nice to see everybody happy. -- Maybe I should crash the Falcon on the way back and start all over? No? LOL! Thanks!

Blue_Milkshake: Hehehe, classic Luke/Mara banter! Well done! -- Nothing better than L/M banter. Tho H/L banter is a close second. Thanks!

barriss31: Thanks! Glad you liked it.

LittleCat: I just got all caught up on your story and I absolutely love it! -- Welcome! You're coming in at a good spot - you didn't have to wait months between chapters! Thanks for the reply. :D

Darth_Marrs: Thanks, D_M! Maybe now I'll have more time to finally read all your recent great work!

JEDIFLYSWATTER: Just please do not break my heart somehow. Maybe Guri will show up like she wanted to with a "fixed" face but still a Callista face. That really would start some gossip among the guests and the social reporters covering the event. -- So you're saying having Guri/Callista wouldn't break your heart? Well then, I'll get right to work on it. :p LOL! Thanks for all your replies!

Jade_Pilot: Finally catching up! And Han's not dead!! Whew, you had me worried there for a while. -- I didn't think anyone would believe I'd really kill Han! :eek: Thanks heaps!

Wiffl

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've gotten very bad about reviewing and for that I am sorry! This was such a wonderful story and so much fun to read!

I loved in the last chapter when Luke hit his head and played like he lost his memory again... that whole part was great!

Wonderful job!! =D==D=

6. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    Looks like it is always one of your stories, which is going to get me back to reading FF.[face_blush]

Anyway, I finally found the time to catch up and I loved it. Thanks for sending the PM so that I would remember this place.

cheers

VeryBusy

7. blank101

blank101 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    Yaay, found you! Now I'm unfortunately completely hooked on the story 'cos I read the first chapter. I'll never get my damn 'Brink of the Dawn' written at this rate and it's all your fault ;)
    I'll post again soon- want to go back and read more now.

8. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    mavjade: I loved in the last chapter when Luke hit his head and played like he lost his memory again... that whole part was great! -- Thanks. Luke always did seem to have a sense of humor (at least in the earlier books), so I wanted to show that. Glad you liked it!

verybusy: Looks like it is always one of your stories, which is going to get me back to reading FF. -- Then I'm honored! Thanks for taking the time out of your 'very busy' schedule to stop by!

blank101: Yaay, found you! -- Yes, you found me. Now you got me remembering what Luke said when spirit-Mara showed up. Has to be one of the lamest lines he's ever said. Of course she found him! She's a ghost!

Now I'm unfortunately completely hooked on the story 'cos I read the first chapter. I'll never get my damn 'Brink of the Dawn' written at this rate and it's all your fault -- None of that, now! You must work on your own story. *sends Force suggestion*

Thanks for the post. Your very first one, too. :D

9. blank101

blank101 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    Aaagh! What are you doing to me?!
    I'm supposed to be writing and I just drop in to read a few lines of Shattererd Remembrance and now I'm on chapter six and can't stop reading!

Seriously, already hooked on this one; it has all the style and pace I'd expect from you, and pulled me in from the frist line, as all the best tales do.
    Excellent.

10. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Yay! I knew everything would end up fine. Great job.

Phoenix

11. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Finished before Christmas? I was quite the optimist, wasn't I? LOL!

blank101: Thanks, blank. Now you can see that 'happily ever after' endings are perfectly acceptable. *hint, hint*

Jedi-Roxy: If the pro-books won't give us 'fine' endings, at least fanfic can. :D Thanks!

12. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    At long last, here's the epilogue to Shattered Remembrance. Also excuse my slowness in getting out PM's -- I didn't have enough sense to finish this story before they took away our Mass PM method.

Many thanks to my great betas, PonyTricks and RebelMom, for all their helpful suggestions. And thanks to all my readers for your kudos, and patience!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 30

"You may kiss the bride."

The words had been echoing through Luke's head for hours ? ever since he'd heard them aloud and promptly acted on them. He kept feeling like he needed to pinch himself to be sure he wasn't dreaming.

Luke jumped slightly as slim fingers pinched him lightly on the cheek, followed by a soft kiss on the same spot.

"You're not dreaming," the newly sanctioned Mara Jade Skywalker assured him as she slipped into the seat next to him.

"It's not nice to hide your presence from the man you love," Luke chastised, his smile betraying his amusement.

"What, no comeback to stay out of your mind?"

"You can be in my mind all you want." He gratefully took a long gulp from the glass of refreshment she set in front of him, then looked at it in wonder. "I see you found a punch fountain that Wes and Hobbie haven't spiked yet."

"You sound disappointed."

"Of course not." Luke put on his best affronted look. "I just didn't know this reception business would last so late."

"We could leave anytime, I suppose." Her chin resting in her hand, Mara sported an expression that could only be described as hopeful.

"There're too many people we promised dances to."

"They'll get over it."

Luke grimaced as he gazed out into the room. "I don't think Leia would."

"You haven't danced with her yet?"

"She's been too busy, running this extravaganza," Luke replied, shaking his head.

"She has been a wonder, working herself tirelessly to keep everything organized," Mara said, lightly fingering the delicate flowers at her shoulder.

"Leia likes you. She was thrilled that we accepted her offer to help."

"She has become a good friend. Better than I ever imagined."

Setting his empty glass on the table, Luke reached over and clasped Mara's hand. "Leia was ... amazed ... that you kept the secret of our engagement all those months."

Mara cocked an eyebrow in skepticism. "Amazed? Or ready to blast me?"

"She understood. Eventually."

"Yes, I know." Mara's discerning gaze fell on a couple waltzing not far from their table. "Do you think that Chagian senator has any idea he's dancing with an HRD?"

"Probably not, and I hope no one tells him."

"At least she's back to looking like her old self, more or less," Mara commented. "Even if that means she's still a real knock-out."

Luke smiled at Mara's apparently envious statement, for he knew she was anything but. "Guri told me earlier that Madam Buaran sold the repulsor factories and moved back to Chandrila."

"I wish her the best. She didn't deserve that monster of a husband."

"Not everyone can be as lucky as you, dear."

"Lucky? I earned every kilogram of you."

They continued to watch Guri until Threepio clomped across the crowded dance floor and tapped the senator on the shoulder. He listened to the protocol droid's message, then frowned and left. Threepio stared at Guri a moment before turning and retreating to his station near the door.

Luke looked aside as Mara started laughing.

"What?"

"For one insane moment there, I thought Threepio was trying to cut in."

Luke picked up Mara's empty glass, sniffing the inside. "Have you been hitting the hard stuff?"

"Without sharing with you? Never." Mara gazed out over the crowd, then chuckled wryly. "Oh, oh. Here's come trouble."

Luke scooted his chair back, then wrapped one arm around his niece as she sidled up next to him.

"Hi, Jaina," he said. "You know, I think you look prettier tonight than you did at Lando's wedding."

Jaina fingered the pleats in her pink satin dress. "Daddy says I look

13. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    You finally finished it! [face_dancing]

Yeah! And it was worth the long wait for the epilogue, too! It turned out wonderful! =D=

(I love having the first post, too! :D )

14. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    hee, hee: I just gave blood here at work and was told to eat a cookie and rest for a few minutes. So I had my cookie and read this epilogue. A win-win, I'd say. :D

Very sweet ending. I love reading about their wedding reception and I love that no one crashed the wedding this time. Maybe Luke's amnesia can stave off some of the other things that happened later, too. LOL

I loved Han and Mara dancing together and Han's line about the twins marrying scoundrels. Excellent ending to a great story! =D=

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Unmitigated perfection.

[face_love]
    [face_love]
    Squggles!
    Squggles!
    [face_dancing]

16. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_love]
    Stellar, amazing, marvelous. @};-[face_dancing] A perfect conclusion to a truly wonderful story! Bravo!![:D]@};-
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Absolutely, positively beautiful ending to a wonderful story! =D=@};-=D=@};-

"Well, a little dip did get on the back of Admiral Ackbar's uniform, but I don't think he knows it yet."
    This about killed me I laughed so hard! [face_laugh] Oh, Anakin! [face_laugh]

I also loved Han's line about the twins both marrying scoundrels. He was right, who would have thought it! :)

Thanks for sharing you amazing story with us and congratulations on finishing! =D= [:D]

18. barriss31

barriss31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Lovely ending!=D= =D=

19. walker-of-minds

walker-of-minds Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2006
    This is a wonderful story with a beautiful lovely ending-I very much enjoyed reading =D=

20. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Wondeful story, Jedi-2B, congrats for finishing it! =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

21. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Perfect end to a wonderful story! Thanks for all the PMs.

22. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    that was the perfect ending to the perfect story! I KNEW it'd end with a kiss!!!!! [face_dancing] You have made my night, 2B...congratulations and boxes of chocolate for seeing this through and doing such a slam bang amazing job doing it!!!!!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow. That was simply perfect. I don't know what else to say. [face_love]

"You can thank Han for making sure there was Wookiee fare on the buffet," Luke answered.

Chewie grunted again, and Luke translated for Mara. "He says he didn't think I'd ever get bonded." He paused, listening to the rest of the Wookiee's chortle. "But better late than never."

Mara laughed. "Don't you know it, Chewie. It took me a long time to get him here, but he's worth it."

His expressive eyes lighting up with mirth, Chewie howled in agreement before lumbering off.

"At least Chewie didn't ask me for a dance."

"I could call him back."

Mara managed to level her familiar 'Don't you dare' glare just before the next guest in the revolving wheel of visitors appeared. "Oh, no," she groaned.

"What a vision of radiance." Lando Calrissian took Mara's hand from Luke's grasp, urbanely brushing it with his lips.

"I already danced with you, Lando." Mara pulled her hand back and crossed her arms. "Twice."

[face_laugh] =D=

24. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Lovely ending. Thanks!

25. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Words fail me. Excellent job Jedi-2B, I loved this!=D==D= You are by far one of my favorite authors here on the boards [:D] Great to see this done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.