main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shattered Remembrance (L/M, H/L, drama, angst) - Thank You!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-2B, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    I really liked the first part with Han & Leia. It was nice to see Han do the counseling for once.

I'll admit that Luke's condition when he woke up wasn't exactly a surprise, but that's OK. Sometimes people get so carried away by trying to think up unnecessarily complicated new plots, that something like a basic case of amnesia can be a refreshing change of pace. Or at least, it sounds relatively straightforward at this point. The obvious question now is, just how much is he missing? I'm guessing that he has lost his knowledge of the Force, otherwise he probably wouldn't be in such bad shape in the first place.

Mara might want to consider sharing some of her feelings about the situation sooner rather than later. At least then she could actively participate in the recovery process (there IS going to be a recovery, right? [face_praying] ) and she might be surprised to find that it will help her deal with her own anxiety at the same time.

2. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    :eek: Oh no, not amnesia! [face_worried] Luke! :_|:_| :_|
    I really hope it's just a temporary thing. [face_praying]

Wonderful update! I can't wait for more. [face_hypnotized]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_worried]

You know, I wonder if Luke will be like he was when he was young with the Force now that he has amnesia. Because you don't want someone with the power of a Jedi Master using it lightly (or even by accident)!

Poor Luke, and Mara--oh, she's going to be heartbroken even further. And Leia--what a shock!

Can't wait to see where this goes!

4. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ackkkk! Now the cats out of the bag... and everyone knows Luke can't remember. :eek: :eek: But all your readers are clinging to the thin hope that it's just temporary! [face_skull] [face_devil] Muahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa........

Let the evilness now TRULY begin! :D

5. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    ha loved that, my new theory that Mara is also crazy as she was talking to an unconcious man! lol

i don't think your stuck in a rut i just think you have a very unique style that always makes me laugh at Leia's reactionparticually as it normally comes from Leia's least favouite person its just very funny!

Great little posty more soon????????????

Loved the Mara/Corran interaction i could bet that he figures it out first or Mara tells him first!

All in all great as always.

PHGS Weyr

6. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    "The treaty signing will be on the holonet this evening. Are you going to watch? I'm sure they'd bring in a portable unit if you asked."
    Mara started to say no, then reconsidered. "Perhaps we will watch," she replied, gazing at Luke with a faint smile.
    Corran's disconcerted glance shifted between her and his Master, before he nodded and silently continued out into the hallway.
    "I thought he'd never leave, didn't you?" Mara said.

Corran's a very perceptive dude. I can so see him straining to hear with his ear to the door just outside Luke's room. Maybe he'll have a little chat with Mara sometime?

Amnesia...It's going to be a long road to recovery. It'll be very interesting to see how Mara's original plan of sharing their secret changes now.

7. cupid7

cupid7 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 10, 2004
    Aaaaahhh!! :eek:

By my count it took Timothy Zahn 2,371 pages to get to ?I love you.? And now it?s all taken away!!:_|

Do I win the Most Predictable award, or what?

No, you win the A-triple-plus Mush Award for the exquisite scene with Mara talking to comatose Luke. It strikes me that this slightly quirky behavior is actually in character for Mara. She had similar one-sided conversations with the Qom Jha in VotF and with R2 in DFR (or TLC?) when she goes to retrieve Luke from Wayland.

8. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Hopes for a quick recovery were dashed, however, when he failed to regain consciousness. Post-traumatic coma, the medics called it. Could last a few days, or a few months.
    Or forever, Mara thought despondently.

Just when I thought things were going to turn around :(

"Ponc Gavrisom isn't the one Pellaeon approached to propose this treaty. It might not even be happening without your influence." Han came around the desk, wrapping his arms around Leia's tense frame. "Leia, you'll hurt him more by not going."
    Leia's fingers tightened on the pad she was holding, and Han could see her wilting emotionally even as she collapsed into her chair. "You're right," Leia whispered hoarsely.

I'm glad Leia listened to Han here. If anyone deserves to see the end of the war between the New Republic and the Empire, it's Leia.

"I don't have to tell you that that's an impossible task, Your Highnessness." Han kissed the top of Leia's head. "We're a family of trouble-magnets, and not even your royal magic wand can save us from every bump and scrape."

[face_laugh]

So true!

"You're all nerfs," Leia muttered, settling deeper into Han's embrace.
    "That must make you the nerfherder. Ow!" Han flinched at Leia's good-natured elbowing.

[face_laugh]

"Shall we watch the treaty signing on the 'net tonight, my love?" Mara said conversationally. "I'll have a monitor brought in. And when your sister returns in a few days, we can tell her how good she looked during the ceremony." Mara brushed Luke's pale cheek with the backs of her fingers. "Or rather, you can tell her all by yourself. How 'bout it?" She leaned in for a soft kiss. "Don't you think you've ignored me long enough, farmboy? I want to see your smile, and that twinkle you get in your eye when you're teasing me."
    Closing her own tear-moistened eyes, Mara laid her head next to Luke's head, wrapping one arm around his waist. "I can hear the Qom Qua now, Luke," she whispered. "My beloved companion."

:(

As she absently followed the trail of a flashy red speeder across the midday sky, Leia felt a tingle pass through her. It wasn't a warning of danger, it was more like ? someone was watching her.
    "Luke!" Leia spun around so fast she had to catch herself to keep her balance. Unblinking blue eyes stared back at her, and Leia was at Luke's side in a flash, throwing her arms around him in a tight hug. "Don't you ever scare us like this again!"

Yay! [face_dancing] I'm so glad he regained consciousness. You were really worrying me there for a minute [face_worried]

Reaching across with his left hand, Luke touched her arm as she began to leave. "Wait." He stared at her blankly, wetting his lips. "Who ? who are you?"

:oops:

Ouch. And now Mara's the only one who knows they're engaged since they never told anyone? that should be nice and awkward :p But I suppose there are a lot bigger problems with Luke's memory being gone :(

Great post, Jedi-B :D Can't wait to see what happens next. Luke's amnesia has certainly thrown in a nice monkey-wrench into everything. I have no idea how this is going to play out :eek:

9. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    WOW!
    You made him forget everything!

10. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    Another post and you have to go and end it like that. Well that stinks Luke's lost his memory.

He won't remember his and Mara's engagement!!! How could you do that!?

MJR

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    cupid posted:
    By my count it took Timothy Zahn 2,371 pages to get to ?I love you.? And now it?s all taken away!!
    cry

Yeesh!! That many? Wow!! Ten years too--so long. One good thing: it won't take nearly that long this time. Or will it happen this time? There's no guarantee that anything could work out. Mara could be stuck with unfulfilled love feelings. Oh, my!! [face_worried] *rhetorical question* Why am I bumming myself out over here? :p

12. cupid7

cupid7 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 10, 2004
    Yeah, 2,371 pages, count 'em, Jade_eyes! That's why the next book was called Survivors' Quest.

13. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    I didn't know you had a new story going on! If you have a pm list, can I please be added?
    Sorry no comments on the story yet, but I haven't actually read it. [face_blush] I just noticed this was one of yours, and I figured I'd enjoy it. And I will read it soon, promise! I only have time to browse at the moment, and see what's new.

14. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Perfect ending to the chapter! Of course you had to add a plot twist. Luke with amnesia is really good!

15. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Ooh, Michele, this story looks to be all full of angsting angstiness. :(

I can't wait for more!! :D

Poor Mara is going to be in for a nasty shock when she finds out about this. I wonder how much Luke does remember? There is still going to be a happy Luke/Mara ending though, right? RIGHT?! [face_worried]

I'm also thinking that there are a few confrontations ahead between Luke's sister and his as-yet-unknown fiance!

Loving this so far! :D [face_love] :D

16. Master_M_Sky

Master_M_Sky Jedi Master star 1

Aug 3, 2006
    Oh, boy!

I didn't think he would lose his memory THAT far back.

Oh, this is potentially problematic, isn't it? [face_worried]

Please let this have a happy ending! [face_praying][face_praying][face_praying]

Great update.

17. Jade_Naberrie

Jade_Naberrie Jedi Master

Jul 10, 2007
    Wow, this is fantastic. I really hope Luke gets his memory back. [face_worried] Somehow. Happy ending? Please? :D

18. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    At least no one cried Foul (or was too polite to say so). My original working title of 'Don't Forget Me' probably would've given it away even sooner. So a big THANK YOU!!! to all of you. I hope the rest of the tale matches up to at least some of your expectations.

Jade_Pilot: Girl...there are doctors for this sort of thing! -- Luke has a fine doctor. He's just not allowed to cure our favorite Jedi until I give him permission. :p

VaderLVR64: I'm for anything that will let me read more of this story! So I'm fine with this development! -- Good, cause I'm planning on dragging it out for awhile yet. :D

Bianka_Kenobi: I should be honest, I didn't expect Luke to have amnesia, but I read the reply in which someone proposed the idea. -- Thank goodness, I wasn't completely obvious! Yes, lots of readers mentioned that possibility, or hinted around at it. I'll be glad to add you to the PM list. :D

GeithJiseo2: That was an interesting twist! -- Nothing that hasn't happened in every tv series I've ever seen. LOL!

I wonder how Leia is going to handle this and how Mara is going to react... -- You'll find out soon. As in, this coming weekend sometime.

Angelmine_29: It's nice to see a story come through without the 'miracle recovery in a day or so' and so well written as well. -- Thanks! No, a miracle recovery would've been short and boring. Gotta give Mara some good old fashioned angst. [face_devil]

Darth_Marrs: Dramatic tension, people. It's what we live for. -- I cracked up when I read your post. LOL! Unfortunately, I can't dash out a 1000 words a night like some people. :p

RebelMom: You had me all teary eyed with Mara's talking to Luke and calling him her beloved companion. -- Luke can't be the only one to whisper tender little platitudes to unconscious loved ones. Hehehe

JediMaster_Jen: I'm sure Mara will find a way to help him remember. -- You think so, huh? [face_devil]

JEDIFLYSWATTER: It could very well be temporary. He was not in the coma that long and I am sure if there was a serious amount of brain damage He would have a device implnted that measures the amount of brain swelling and sometimes part of the skull is removed so the brain has some room to swell. -- Don't get too complicated on me! Luke's recovery will be based on the whims of the author, not any plausible medical knowledge. And you think I'd let some doctor remove part of Luke's skull? Horrors!

ImperialRemnant: I knew it, I knew it...... -- Yeah, yeah. Lots of you knew it. LOL! How much he remembers will be revealed in the next chapter.

RedGold: Not sssoooo predictible... I mean, he could have had full memory loss like here, or just short term memory loss so only forgot he's hooked up with Mara. -- That's true. You all did have to wait to see how much he forgot. And I say, why not the whole ball of wax? :p

Jade_eyes:
    But this.... this takes us way way way back!! -- Never do anything halfway. My new motto. [face_devil]

Jedi_Scribe: I really liked the first part with Han & Leia. It was nice to see Han do the counseling for once. -- Ooohhh. I love it when people mention other parts of the chapter. Thanks!

Sometimes people get so carried away by trying to think up unnecessarily complicated new plots, that something like a basic case of amnesia can be a refreshing change of pace. -- I know it's been done in lots of fics. And books. And movies. And tv shows. But it's never been done by me. LOL!

At least then she could actively participate in the recovery process (there IS going to be a recovery, right? ) -- You know, I haven't really decided yet. ;)

dancing_star: Oh

19. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    And by the way, it was a complete coincidence that while I was posting this Sunday evening, Mike Delfino (on Desparate Housewives) came out of his coma and had amnesia, and forgot all about being in love with Susan. See, even highly rated tv shows can have the same ol' done-a-thousand-times plots. - [face_laugh] You know, I've only seen a few bits and pieces of that show, and yet, somehow, I managed to see THAT part! And I thought about your story, too! [face_laugh]

20. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    In honor of Harrison Ford's birthday, and Friday the 13th, (see, it's not always unlucky), I've decided to throw in a short chapter for all of you. :cool:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Six

"Who ? who are you?"

Leia froze. "That's not funny, Luke."

"Please ?"

Luke looked so lost that Leia used the Force to get a feel of his mind, gasping when she sensed his confusion and utter lack of recognition of her.

"I'm going to call Doctor Panio," Leia murmured, reaching over and pressing a buzzer. She kept her gaze riveted on Luke as she made the call, only looking away when he shrank back under her scrutiny.

An agonizing dread began coiling in Leia's stomach as Luke's hard stare unnerved her. Azure eyes that had always held warmth and love were now filled with disorientation and distrust. This couldn't be happening. He was supposed to be all right when he awoke.

Leia considered going out to find Han. He was somewhere a few floors below, visiting an old smuggling buddy who was recovering from a heart seizure. But she wasn't about to leave Luke, and - she patted her empty pocket - she'd forgotten and left her comlink at home. So she busied herself adjusting the blinds so the morning light wouldn't be so bright.

Where was Doctor Panio?

Turning to the room's tiny meal table, she began picking up the empty drink containers and depositing them in the waste receptacle. She could feel Luke's gaze tracking her, and she had to force herself to keep her hands busy, to not turn and throw her arms around him.

Where was that medic? Why wasn't he here yet?

"What's your name?"

Leia quickly set down the half-empty caf cup, realizing she had never answered his question. "Leia," she said softly, smiling as she cautiously approached the bed. "I'm your sister Leia."

Luke looked as though he was going to say more when brisk footfalls sounded in the hallway, and his attention shifted to the door. Leia hurried to intercept the medic before he entered.

Doctor Panio had to be able to cure Luke. He just had to.

"Honestly, Karrde, I can't believe you made me traipse all over the galaxy with Calrissian to find Jorj Car'das, and then you and Shada get a personal invitation into his sanctuary." Crossing her arms, Mara leaned back in one of Talon's overstuffed office chairs.

"What can I say, Mara?" Talon Karrde poured a two-fingered measure of brandy into a crystal snifter, taking a sip of the smooth liquor after Mara waved off his offer of a like drink. "Life is unpredictable."

"Yes, but still-" Mara suddenly sat upright, her eyes becoming unfocused as she stared straight ahead. "He's awake!"

Talon blinked. "Pardon?"

"Luke! Luke's awake!" Mara was halfway out the door when Talon's voice halted her.

"Wait, let me come with you," he said, already slipping into his jacket. "I need to thank him for coming to your assistance on Nirauan."

"Uh, well, all right," Mara stammered, her anxiety mounting as Karrde reached over to log off his computer.

"Dare I ask how you know that Skywalker is awake?" Talon calmly asked as they rode the turbolift down.

"It's a Jedi thing," Mara mumbled, her eyes fixed on the rapidly descending floor numbers.

"I see." The former smuggler absently smoothed his goatee. "And does that imply that you are now a Jedi?"

Mara finally took the time to meet her boss's inquisitive gaze. "Skywalker said I am."

Talon let a small smile escape. "Should I be looking for a new second-in-command?"

"You're free to do whatever you want, Karrde," Mara bit out, turning back to focus on the flashing numerical display.

"Mara ?"

"Just because the Jedi Master declares that my skills are at Jedi-level doesn't mean that I'm packing my bags to go sit in his jungle and meditate all day." Mara swept out the lift doors as they silently slid open.

Reaching the company speeders, Mara jumped into the pilot's seat of an open model before Karrde could dare raise

21. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    *grabs first post*

Edit - Thanks for the PM! :D :D - So, Mara's not about to admit to Karrde that yes, he'd BETTER start looking for a second-in-command! LOL! That would be a give-away, wouldn't it?

Ahhhh.... the tension builds and builds. [face_worried] Mara must be using all of her powers to keep herself from screaming in frustration.

And you're going to post another chapter on Sunday! [face_dancing] You're not slowing down a bit with this posting schedule. :D

22. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    So at least he can still react to the Force instinctively, even if he doesn't understand what it is? Well, that's something, I guess, but I imagine there's a long way to go :(

23. Gonkdroid27

Gonkdroid27 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2007
    Another great post. Wonder how long Mara will be able to keep it together before Leia and Han figure something out. Also curious if Luke has complete amnesia or just doesn't remember things after a certain point (like maybe remembers his life up until when he and Owen bought the droids, but nothing after).

Keep it coming!

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mara's in true snark mode here and I love it!! :) :) I wouldn't be patient either. Hope the prognosis is hopeful.

25. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    "Who ? who are you?"
    Leia froze. "That's not funny, Luke."

That would be a good joke [face_thinking] I'm so going to try it if I ever go into a coma.

"What's your name?"
    Leia quickly set down the half-empty caf cup, realizing she had never answered his question. "Leia," she said softly, smiling as she cautiously approached the bed. "I'm your sister Leia."

:(

"Honestly, Karrde, I can't believe you made me traipse all over the galaxy with Calrissian to find Jorj Car'das, and then you and Shada get a personal invitation into his sanctuary." Crossing her arms, Mara leaned back in one of Talon's overstuffed office chairs.

I bet she was bent out of shape over that [face_laugh]

How can all these turbolifts possibly go so slow? Mara thought in frustration. And how am I going to restrain myself from nudging Leia aside when welcoming Luke back? Karrde had thankfully ended his polite interrogation as the two of them hurried to the medcenter, though Mara had no doubt that the information broker was formulating his own hypotheses on her atypical behavior.

He's probably got the whole thing figured out already :p

Barely registering that she had wilted onto a nearby chair, Mara tried to clear her head. She stretched out with the Force once more, but Luke's sense was muddled, cloudy.

I feel so bad for Mara :(

"What do they know about the Force?" Mara snapped, though she withdrew her Force probe. Leaning back in the chair, she crossed her arms to wait. They had just better not expect her to wait patiently.

She's gonna start crackin' skulls :p

Great post, Jedi-2B :D Was great seeing Karrde. Also enjoyed the scene with Leia tidying up Luke's room so she wouldn't worry him as she nervously waited for the doctor to come back.

I really can't wait to see what happens next :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.