main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*~Shattered Waters~*~ 'But I Do' sequel- IMPORTANT NOTE April 10th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by obi-wannabe_1138, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I liked Obi-Wan's uncertainty of whether he should trust this man. He seems a little disoriented, probably because of the crash and everything. Nicely done! I hope you feel better soon. :)

2. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

MYSTIC_KNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    Yeah, two posts I haven´t read.I love them. Obi is so brave. :)

3. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I know how you feel, a migraine sufferer myself. It's awesome that you even posted, obi-wannabe. And the length was fine. ;)

This dark man seems suspicious to me. Obi better keep alert.

Fantastic post. Hope you feel better. [face_love]

4. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  5. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Cascadia I liked Obi-Wan's uncertainty of whether he should trust this man. He seems a little disoriented, probably because of the crash and everything. Nicely done! I hope you feel better soon. Thanks, I do feel somewhat better. ;) And I'd be disoriented too in that situation!
    Mystic Knight Yeah, two posts I haven´t read.I love them. Obi is so brave. I know! [face_love] I'm trying to show how brave he is in this fic. Sorta. 8-}
    LuvE I know how you feel, a migraine sufferer myself. It's awesome that you even posted, obi-wannabe. And the length was fine. Thanks! This dark man seems suspicious to me. Obi better keep alert. Doesn't he always have to keep alert? Lol. Fantastic post. Hope you feel better. Thanks!
    Jenny Thanks for reading! ;)

?Perfect. Do you feel up to walking on your own?? he asked kindly, offering Obi-Wan a hand. The teenager pulled away abruptly.

?Yes,? he snapped. ?I?m fine.?

?Easy, my friend,? Elnath said soothingly. Obi-Wan decided that he did not trust this man any more than he would trust a snake about to strike.

?You?ve nothing to fear from me,? the man continued. ?I only wish to help you.?

?Carn said you would have me executed,? the young Jedi spat. I may as well get it over with.

The Lord smiled coldly. His expression betrayed no malice, nor even cunning, yet it had an almost eerie feeling to it. Obi-Wan refused to show his unease.

?You have nothing to fear here. He knows nothing of the way things work, and I will not let him hurt you. By the way, what is your name??

?O- Ben,? the teenager lied.

?Well, then, Ben, come along.? Elnath led Obi-Wan through a corridor of polished black marble. The boy could almost see his reflection in the walls and floor. It was extravagant, beautiful, and somehow seemed dead. He could not imagine how insanely luxurious the home of such a man as Elnath would be, in a dreary way.

?Why are you helping me?? the youth asked to break the silence. Elnath did not so much as glance at him.

?It?s not my policy as leader of the Free Peoples of Malkotiah to allow hapless guests to be treated badly. I?m sorry if Carn frightened you. He was- not so civilized before he began working here, and still sometimes displays the reckless and animalistic passion for violence that is common among members of his class.?

Obi-Wan said nothing. He had not seen anything violent or animalistic in Carn?s treatment of him.

?You had the misfortune of coming upon such a man,? Elnath continued. ?But he?ll be taken care of properly, I assure you, Ben. As will you.?

?Don?t- don?t punish him,? the boy protested.

?Why not?? the other man asked casually. ?Did he not frighten you??

He didn?t frighten me half as much as you do, Obi-Wan thought sardonically.

?No,? he said timidly. ?He didn?t. At least, he didn?t frighten me much. And I wouldn?t want anyone to be punished severely on my account.?

?I?m afraid you don?t have much choice in the matter,? Elnath said teasingly. The words almost sent a shudder down Obi-Wan?s spine. ?Don?t worry about it now, son. You are to be my guest, and you are not to trouble yourself about anything.?

He led Obi-Wan to a wider corridor with a turbolift at the end. Elnath tapped a code and opened it.

?After you,? he said pleasantly. Obi-Wan looked around suspiciously.

?Where are we going?? he asked.

?I?m taking you to my private apartment, young man. Then I am going to get you some proper medical care. Whatever happened to you must have been quite bad.?

?Oh.? Obi-Wan did not know whether he should accept. After all, he did not trust any one here, but, in the end, the raw ache of his body overcame his reason. He needed bacta treatment and he needed it fast. He nodded.

?Very good. What sort of food do you like, Ben? I could get you anything you wanted....?

?I... I?m not hungry.? The teen?s anxieties had returned suddenly, slamming into him wi

6. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Very nicely done. I think you captured Obi-Wan's anxiety very well. I wonder where Qui-Gon is.

More soon! :D

7. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Thanks Cas. I sorta have to figure out where Qui is myself now.... [face_devil] :confused: Honestly I've no clue. ;)

8. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Oooh! That was very good! I love how you are capturing Obi-Wan's emotions, very nice. Lol, well try to find Qui soon, I need an update soon ;)

9. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002

Note guys: Posts on hold for the next few days as I am extremely busy. At school they're really hitting us with a load of work now and I'm also dead tired tonight. Please help me out by upping occasionally. I should be able to update by the weekend.

10. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Ooooo, I just found this and I'm really enjoying it. Poor Obi!!!

More soon, please! :)

11. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    This is just getting better and better. You doing a fine job and ofcourse we gonna help you kick the post up. ;)

12. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Hey, how'd I miss this story? Okay, I've only made it thru the first post so far, but working on the others. I gotta catch up. Love that first post though, Obiwannabe!

Obi

13. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
  14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Yay for a post!!! I wanna know where Qui is too!

More more more!!

15. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    Cas
    Very nicely done. I think you captured Obi-Wan's anxiety very well. I wonder where Qui-Gon is.

Hmm well I have to figure out where Qui is also. 8-} Thanks!
    Jess Oooh! That was very good! I love how you are capturing Obi-Wan's emotions, very nice. Lol, well try to find Qui soon, I need an update soon Eep. This isn't too soon is it? Sorry. [face_blush]
    KenobisGirl Ooooo, I just found this and I'm really enjoying it. Poor Obi!!! Thanks! ;)
    Mystic
    This is just getting better and better. You doing a fine job and ofcourse we gonna help you kick the post up.
    Thank you! And thanks for upping! It inspired me to write more.
    OTK
    Hey, how'd I miss this story? Okay, I've only made it thru the first post so far, but working on the others. I gotta catch up. Love that first post though, Obiwannabe!

Thank you so much. It's good to have you reading.
    Arwen
    Yay for a post!!! I wanna know where Qui is too!
    Here's your post. You'll hear about Qui in about a million years. [face_devil]

?Thank you.?

?Oh, it?s nothing, my friend. I only wanted to give you the proper impression. Tell me, please- are you really a Jedi??

The silky, nonchalant tone did not match the sudden change in subject. Obi-Wan looked up, startled; he could hardly believe the question asked of him.

?What?? He asked. The man did not so much as blink as he answered.

?There?s something very Jedi like about you, young man. You either are one or are impersonating one for some reason. Please tell me the truth.?

Obi-Wan sighed and averted his gaze. Everyone already seemed to know so much about him. Could there be any harm in confirming their suspicions?

?Yes,? he replied slowly. ?I am.?

?Then I?m thrilled to be able to help you. You must be the Jedi I requested to come and settle things on my world?? Elnath extended a hand cordially. The boy took it, unsure of what he should say.

?I?m one of them. I was sent here with my Master.?

?Where is he then?? the Lord asked casually. Grief and guilt overcame Obi-Wan. He realized with growing fear that he still hadn?t sensed anything from Qui-Gon.

?I don?t know,? he said, unable to keep the hint of panic out of his voice. ?We were separated when our ship crashed. I was told- by your man Carn- that he?s dead.?

?Carn doesn?t know anything, my boy. Don?t trust him. I doubt a Jedi Master could be killed so easily.? Elnath?s words were so reassuring that Obi-Wan wanted desperately to believe him.

?I hope not,? he murmured. It seemed the epitome of wrong that Qui-Gon should be dead and he, Obi-Wan, was still alive.

?Who is your Master??

Simply saying that name made Obi-Wan almost choke with guilt. The pain in his heart was so fierce he was hardly aware of anything else.

?Qui-Gon Jinn.?

The light fell on Elnath?s face, almost blinding Obi-Wan and illuminating the sharp features of the man?s visage. There was genuine shock written there for a moment.

?You are Qui-Gon Jinn?s Apprentice?? he asked, almost licking his lips in expectation.

?Yes. What is it to you??

?It?s an honour, my boy. A delight. You could go so far as to say that Jinn and I are old friends.?

As filled with sorrow as he was, Obi-Wan missed the very peculiar gleam in his companion?s eyes.

?Then will you help me to find him?? the youth begged.

?Of course, young man. Don?t you worry.?

It took Elnath less than a heartbeat to recover his composure.

?Please find him,? Obi-Wan continued imploringly. He could not lose his Master, though perhaps he already had.

?I said you?ve nothing to worry about, my friend. This is your room.?

The man stopped at the end of the hall. Obi-Wan was startled. His room was closed off by a set of two archaic doors, real doors as opposed to the usual electronic ones.

?Enjoy your stay, friend. And have no fear. We will find your Master.? Elnath opened the door and urged Obi-Wan inside.

?Thank you,? the b

16. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Oh this could be bad....Padawan must you leave a cliffie right when things seems to go ok???

MORE MORE MORE!!

17. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    This doesn't sound good . . . for Obi-Wan. [face_devil] ;)

Wonderful post. More soon please. :)

18. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    Ohh, Obi this doesn´t look so good. He have to watch his back. Wonderful post. :D

19. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanks for reading all of you. :)

Chapter III

Obi-Wan fought down a wave of panic. He had not sensed the danger here, but then of course Elnath had drugged him. The terror pulsing through him was very real and almost impossoble to control, even for a Jedi Apprentice. It was a horror fuelled by weakness and helplessness as well as shame. This had been such an obvious set up, and he had fallen for it- Carn still had his lightsaber. Cut off from the Force, with Qui-Gon dead or injured somewhere, Obi-Wan despaired. He was lost for sure.

No. I mustn?t give up. I can and will save myself. The boy let go of the door handles, and sat back down on his bed. So far he was not in any immediate danger, aside from the fact that he was imprisoned on a world full of maniacs. Be calm, Kenobi. He took a deep breath and gazed around him. The room was perfectly lit but had no windows. It had not seemed at all like a prison when he?d first seen it. Now the youth could see that there was no way to escape. But Obi-Wan refused to let his fear get the better of him. He tried without success to recall how many guards he?d seen. He could not. The drugs Elnath had given him had done their job.

The Padawan?s stomach lurched. He suddenly felt very sick, ran into the ?fresher and threw up. When he was done he stood shakily and wiped his face with a clean towel. Everything was already prepared and waiting for him. It was too planned. Did Malkotians routinely trap space travellers and detain them, the boy wondered, or was this treatment specially reserved for Jedi? Obi-Wan needed to know what in the seven Sith hells was going on on this planet. Perhaps, he wondered, the whole mission had been a lure. He needed to escape and find Qui-Gon.

Unfortunately, getting out was easier said than done. The doors were tightly shut and Obi-Wan?s mind was still woozy. Standing itself was a trial to him. He struggled against the effects of the drugs. Was it just his imagination, or were those footsteps echoing in the corridor?

The doors swung open unexpectedly. Elnath entered.

?What do you want?? Obi-Wan bit out sharply.

?Well, boy, I see you?ve figured out why you?re here.? That smile, so inconspicuous before, reminded the young Jedi of a snake about to strike. He lost control.

?You liar,? the boy spat. ?You told me you meant me no harm, you-?

?Temper, temper. Where?s your Jedi serenity and peace now, young man??

Obi-Wan stopped screaming, his face flushed with anger and humiliation. Cursing would not help anything. His blood pounded at the man?s taunts, yet he could not allow his rage to cloud his mind.

?You know perfectly well why I can?t access the Force,? the teenager said simply.

?Really? Ah, yes. Did your Master never teach you not to accept water from strangers? I hope it hasn?t disagreed with your stomach, my friend.?

A muscle tightened in the young Jedi?s face, but he kept his mouth shut.

?What do you want with me?? he asked again.

?First, boy, I?d like to have a talk with you about your precious Master- Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan started. He thought he?d at least kept his name a secret.

?Oh, no, boy. I?ve heard your Master speak of you before. I know who you are.?

Now Obi-Wan was really starting to worry.

?What do you know about Qui-Gon??

?We?re old friends. ? The last word came out sounding like a curse. Obi-Wan wondered how he had possibly fallen for this man?s lies. He backed away slightly as Elnath approached him.

?When did you become his Apprentice?? the Lord screamed.

?What??

?When did you become his Apprentice??

Obi-Wan did not reply. Elnath snarled and suddenly slapped the young man.

?Tell me.? The Malkotian struggled to rein in his anger. ?Was it more than four years ago??

The Padawan?s silence was his only answer.

?It was, wasn?t it? At least four years ago. I should know. I knew your Master at that time.?

?How?? Obi-Wan asked, his throat dry.

?How, you say? You?ll learn that s

20. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    This Elnath guy must have a score to settle, or something like that. It looks like all of this was planned.

More soon. :)

21. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Yes, Elnath is clearly out for revenge. :( Poor poor Obi-Wan. Drugged and trapped in a room, not knowing if Qui is alive or not. Let's hope he can get out soon. But why does Elnath want revenge against Qui-Gon? Hmm, you have woven some mysteries here. [face_mischief] Can't wait for an update. ;)

22. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    *shakes head* Poor, Poor Obi. How she is torturing you *pats him on head*

Life will go on, (we hope)

Great post Padawan!! More!!

23. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    Elnath is a sneaky one. When Obi-Wan is feeling better, Elnath is gonna be in so much trouble.

24. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
  25. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Weekly up. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.