main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*~Shattered Waters~*~ 'But I Do' sequel- IMPORTANT NOTE April 10th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by obi-wannabe_1138, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

MYSTIC_KNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    Up again and the road goes on.

2. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Cascadia
    This Elnath guy must have a score to settle, or something like that. It looks like all of this was planned.
    OK, I won't say anything because that'll spoil.... but you're right on. 8-}
    Jess
    Yes, Elnath is clearly out for revenge. Poor poor Obi-Wan. Drugged and trapped in a room, not knowing if Qui is alive or not. Let's hope he can get out soon. But why does Elnath want revenge against Qui-Gon? Hmm, you have woven some mysteries here. Can't wait for an update.
    GOod. Mystery's good. :) You'll just have to keep reading to find out!
    Arwen
    *shakes head* Poor, Poor Obi. How she is torturing you *pats him on head*
    Hmm. [face_devil] I could say the same thing to him in *your* fics. ;) Thanks!
    Mystic
    Elnath is a sneaky one. When Obi-Wan is feeling better, Elnath is gonna be in so much trouble.
    We'll see. 8-} Thank you so much for the ups, those made my week!

Elnath turned and left the room. Obi-Wan continued to stare at the meal he?d been given. He was hungry. But surely the food was drugged, and he could not afford to be vulnerable to any more treachery. I have to get away from here, he thought. I have to find Qui-Gon. The boy perched on the edge of his bed and began to ponder the things Elnath had said. What could this man possibly know about Qui-Gon that he, Obi-Wan, did not? Various possibilities crept into the dark recesses of his imagination. He did not like any of them. There has to be some other explanation. My Master would not do anything dishonourable or bad. I won?t let Elnath fill me up with doubt or lies. But there had been so many times when Qui-Gon accepted solo missions and never said a word about them afterwards. Obi-Wan did not know whether he had a right to expect so much from his Master, but he wished he?d been able to earn Qui-Gon?s trust.

A wave of shame washed over him. How am I thinking this? What is wrong with me; how can I be so selfish? For all I know, Qui-Gon?s already dead. Tears burned in his eyes. Dimly, as he fell asleep, Obi-Wan observed that the blankets he lay on were wet with salt water.

?Get up, boy.?

Obi-Wan opened his eyes. A stranger stood before him threateningly. The youth tried to defend himself but found that his wrists were bound. He tried to access the Force, and found that part of his mind closed to him once again. An empty syringe lay by his arm. The strange man smiled.

?Not so strong now, are we, Jedi?? he asked, sneering. Obi-Wan did not reply; he looked around him once more, trying to see where he was. Before he could discern his surroundings, he was forced to his feet roughly.

?Where are you taking me?? the Padawan asked thickly. He was ashamed to realize that he could hardly make his voice work- no doubt thanks to the drugs he?d been given.

?My Lord wants to speak with you. He was not satisfied with our last conversation.?

Lord? Last conversation? Then he remembered. Elnath. He wants to interrogate me. Obi-Wan suppressed a flicker of fear. He was not afraid of physical pain- but all this begged the question, why? What could these people possible want from him? He did not understand at all.

As he was dragged from the room, the teen saw that there were few guards in the hall. He swung his leg to the side, momentarily tripping the man holding him. The guard stumbled and cursed. Obi-Wan ran for it, like an animal taking flight. At least, he thought, they had not thought to bind his legs. But the Malkotian officer was faster. Before he knew it, Obi-Wan felt the sting of an electro jabber prick his neck and fell to the ground with a cry.

The guard picked up his fallen prisoner and carried him towards the black walled interrogation chamber. It was all very familiar to the young Padawan. He wondered if the man who?d been called Carn would be the one to torture him, then shook the thought away. Elnath did not seem to trust his employee much.

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    What else can I say, but 'poor Obi-Wan'?

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Ditto on that Cas.

And me? Torture Obi? I don't know what you're talking about [face_devil]

Great post padawan! More!!!

5. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    Obi-Wan ran for it, like an animal taking flight

*shakes my head*

Poor Obi. Nice try I would have done the same. ;)

6. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    :( Poor Obi, he's gonna be tortured!! And where the heck is Qui?!!!?!? Come find your padawan, Qui-Gon! :(

7. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    Shortish post today as I'm in a rush. :)
    Cascadia What else can I say, but 'poor Obi-Wan'? [face_devil] :D
    Arwen And me? Torture Obi? I don't know what you're talking abou Course not. 8-} Lol. Thanks!
    Mystic Poor Obi. Nice try I would have done the same. Yup- poor Obi indeed. [face_devil] I'd have done the same too!
    Jess Poor Obi, he's gonna be tortured!! And where the heck is Qui?!!!?!? Come find your padawan, Qui-Gon I have to figure out where Qui is first. [face_devil] ;)

?We meet again, my dear boy.?

?This is one meeting I could do without,? Obi-Wan muttered. His captor heard and laughed.

?Well said. Perhaps you?re in a more talkative mood this afternoon??

The young Jedi clenched his teeth. Idly he wondered how Elnath could possibly even tell what time of day it was in this complex where everything seemed the same- cold, black and hard as marble.

?I won?t tell you anything,? the teenager said bravely. ?I don?t care what you do to me.?

?Very well, then.? Elnath did not seem at all ruffled. Obi-Wan began to worry what exactly was in store for him.

?Suppose I offered to tell you something first, young man??

?Go right ahead,? the Padawan countered. ?Nothing you say interests me.?

The Lord smiled thinly.

?I?m sure this will,? he said.

More lies, thought Obi-Wan distantly. But part of him wondered if perhaps Elnath knew something about Qui-Gon and if, just maybe, there might be a grain of truth in the man?s words. He did not realize that this was the first step to becoming vulnerable to Elnath?s trap. Nevertheless the youth remained silent.

?Such enthusiasm, child. Let me tell you a story.?

Obi-Wan stared out impassively, though he was rather interested despite himself.

Elnath beckoned to a guard, whispered something in the man?s ear and sent him away again. He turned back to his young prisoner and spoke slowly.

?Suppose I were to tell you a little story about how I made your Master?s acquaintance,? he began. Obi-Wan tried not to be interested. He?ll just lie to me, he told himself. And yet he could not help the fact that he desperately wanted to hear this.

?Perhaps you?ll remember one of his- as you?d say- assignments that he went on alone, about four years ago.?

Unwillingly, Obi-Wan found that he was thinking back to that time. Four years ago, he?d only just become a Padawan. Four years ago, and he was still trying to salvage his chance at becoming a Jedi after having left the Order on Melida/Daan. Hardest of all had been that uphill battle to regain Qui-Gon?s trust. There were so many things his Master had never bothered to tell him.

?Three years ago, almost to the day, I was a minor government clerk here on Malkotiah. I?d been living there ever since moving I?d married my wife, Astrid. We were happy. Neither of us had ever done anything that was against the law. In fact the only reason I chose a career in politics was so that I could help my people. We were happy until one day your Master was sent here on an assignment for the Jedi. He said that he was investigating some illegal blackmailing ring that threatened the stability of many worlds. Apparently his information brought him straight to my office. He truly believed that my wife and I were guilty of all the things he said.?
    Weren?t you? wondered Obi-Wan. He noted that his captor?s eyes seemed to see right through him- as if he?d read the young man?s mind.

8. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] Uh oh. This can't be good! I'm sure Elnath clearly blames Obi for stuff his Master "did" and he wants some serious revenge. Not.good.For.Obi 8-} Nice post.

9. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I agree. Elnath clearly wants revenge. :( Where are you, Qui!

10. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Uppity up up up! :D And I'd just like to share the excellent!spectacular!once in a lifetime! news- one of my fics was nominated for Story of the Month on Darkness Within. Squeeee! ;)

11. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    UP UP

This is just getting worse for each post. hehe :D . Obi-torture.

12. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    It was? Good job, Huntress! I'm proud of you! :) You do write such greeat stories, its about time someone nominated them for something!! ;) Congradulations!! :)

13. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
  14. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    *Kicking it up*

Error: Only 1 kickup per minute is allowed.

15. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    "UP" /MYSTIC_KNIGHT

16. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    Jess Not.good.For.Obi Is anything? 8-} Thanks for the feedback and the lovely congratulations!
    Cas I agree. Elnath clearly wants revenge. Where are you, Qui! I'm attempting to figure that out myself. Actually I'm not since I haven't worked on this story in a week or so. [face_blush] Sorry.
    Mystic This is just getting worse for each post. hehe . Obi-torture. Tee hee. [face_devil] True. And by the way, thank you for upping.
    Sorry this is short guys. I'm going through a rough time now- I don't seem to know who I am or what I'm doing here and I don't know what I want to do. Did that make any sense?

?There was no honor, nor discretion, in the way your Master conducted his investigation,? Elnath continued. ?He was hunting us constantly. My wife was terrified. After several days like that, she fled for her life. She was only trying to reach the home of some friends of ours when he found her and killed her. She?d done nothing.?

Now Obi-Wan was absolutely certain he was being lied to. He?d been on similar assignments with Qui-Gon, and nothing of the sort had ever taken place. He did not believe a word he?d been told.

?I confronted him,? Elnath said emotionlessly. ?I wanted to hurt him, to kill him. I doubt you will ever know how I felt that night. But I could not bring him down. I wounded him; that was all.?

The boy closed his eyes. After that mission, Qui-Gon had come home seriously wounded. He?d never explained the origin of his injury, nor said anything else about the mission. Only because something happened, Obi-Wan thought. Something that was too painful to talk about. But not what Elnath said. Never that.

?I don?t believe you,? the Padawan stated. ?Nothing you say could have happened. I don?t believe it.?

?Fine.? The Lord did not seem at all perturbed. ?Then let?s hear the version of the story he told you.?

Obi-Wan winced.

?He never said anything...?

Elnath seized his opportunity like a hawk snatching its prey.

?To hide his guilt,? the man countered. ?Of course he wouldn?t trust you with that information.?

The teenager flinched as the words struck their mark- often it seemed as if Qui-Gon did not trust him with anything.

?That?s not true,? he denied. ?He doesn?t have anything to hide.?

?Then why wouldn?t he tell you- something at least? Doesn?t your wonderful Master trust you??

Obi-Wan bit back a retort. It seemed to him almost as if Elnath?s questions had come from Obi-Wan?s own mind. In the darkest corner of his soul he was still an insecure young boy, not knowing if he was truly trusted.

?No,? he whispered, struggling to compose himself. ?I know you?re lying. Qui-Gon trusts me. And he would never do the things you said.?

17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    That's right Obi you tell that jerk!!! Great posts Padawan!! Congrats on the nomination, it's well deserved,

I guess all I can say right now is MORE!

18. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    You tell him, Obi! :D

Congratulations on the nomination! :)

19. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    You go on Obi. Don´t listen to that...( I can´t find the words)....

It´s alright obi-wannabe_1138. I know the feeling. I hope that you will be feeling soon well.
    :)

20. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Don't you dare listen to him, Obi!!!! You go! :D Good post. He's just trying to confuse you, and turn you against your Master, my boy. ;)

21. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    Up we go one more time.

22. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    *kicking up*

23. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Please post I love your story.
    Please.
    Nice job

24. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    Note: I will not be continuing any of these fics at least not for a while and certainly not here. Because of the recent argument over whether or not to allow slash, I have decided to stop participating in the fan fic community here. I cannot in good conscience be part of a community which number one, supports double standards, and number two, does not even allow members to express dissent or dissatisfaction.

This is nothing against my readers. You know I love and value you all very, very much. It's possible and even probable that in a little while I will restart this and Beyond the Force on ff.net, but I can't stay here. And I will at least, definitely be writing slash and (hopefully) posting it (somewhere.) Thank you all for your continued support.

~ obi-wannabe/ Wild_Huntress

25. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I will be looking for you story (This one in the Web Site that you gave here)
    Thanks I love this story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.