main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Shaun of the Dead...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by RexGetz, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Is anyone planning on seen this movie?

2. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    I saw a sneak preview of Shaun of the Dead last Friday at the Barrington AMC.

If you love zombie movies and British humor you must see this film. Not only does it feature all the undead gore I expected to see in Resident Evil: Apocalypse, but it flat out goes for the gross out Day of the Dead style (with an homage to that film to boot!) while making it humorous in the process. They even managed to develop the characters pretty well (to the point you actually DO care if they live or die, like in the original Dawn of the Dead). Non stop references to zombie movies past made it even more enjoyable for me to watch ('We're coming to get you Barbara!').

It's not quite as fun as Sky Captain, but it comes in a close second. If you have a weak stomach... you've been warned. LOL!

4 out of 5

Shwanzi

3. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Seen it many, many times!
    wink, wink

I cannot stress how much I love this film. If you are a fan of zombie films in general, ultra-gore (though it's not too horrible in this film), or see the true comedy in horror films that's always there...just beyond the decapitated heads, then you will love this movie too. It is a complete and total homage to Romero's films in all the best ways. The zombies are taken seriously, they're not the tri-athletes from 28 Days Later (but I do love that film too, go Brits...get down with your bad selves). The characters are unreal only in a "Jay" (Silent-Bob's buddy) kinda way. They're slackers, but they're slackers you wanna hang out with. Can't compliment this film enough....Just

GO SEE THIS MOVIE

4. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    I CANT WAIT to see this movie, It looks hilarious...
    And Dex, I appreciate your review. Since my dad has talked to you, it helps me convince him to go see the movie with me. Yay!

5. ohblee

ohblee Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2000
    This film is BRILLIANT!!

Best of the year! Hands down!

6. Number33

Number33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2004
    That movie looks fun. It is spose to be the best movie comdy and horror togehter

7. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Pete the roommate is the voice of Darth Maul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.