main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends She Likes Me, She Likes Me Not - sort of Kyp/Inyri viggie

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The_Standmaiden, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    Here you go, JJQ. ;) This is set during Rebirth, which I have not read, after Kyp tricks the NR into killing a bunch of baby Vong by telling Wedge they're a superweapon. :p

She'd slapped him.

He couldn't believe it. Well, he supposed, she'd had good reason, considering, but that type of response hadn't even occurred to him. When he'd planned it out in his mind, they'd all thought he was brave, and applauded, lifting him onto their shoulders. There were Vong dead, and a Republic victory, so what was a little deception?

But Jaina Solo hadn't seen it that way. And neither had Wedge Antilles. He was in a lot of trouble, he could tell. Things never really worked out the way he had planned. No one thought he was brave at all. He strode briskly, purposefully down the corridor of the Ralroost with the images of a beautiful, angry girl dancing in his mind, telling him that she wished him dead. Stupid Kyp, he told himself harshly, You can never be a hero. Just Kyp Durron, mass murderer, for ever and ever and ever and -

He was jarred out of his reverie by a loud roaring sound. What the kriff? Kyp had walked on autopilot down to the hangar bay where the X-wings were housed. Working on his ship always helped to calm his nerves. But when he'd opened the door, the roaring had started, slamming against him like waves on the ocean. He looked around, and saw people looking at him. Oh great, were they going to lynch him, right there in the hangar bay? He looked warily at the crowd, wondering if he could outrun them to an escape pod or something, when he realized they were smiling. They were cheering. For him.

Before he had time to absorb that latest tidbit, he was surrounded by pilots, all laughing, talking and congratulating one another on a victory against the evil Yuuzhan Vong. So maybe it wasn't a superweapon, but anything to hurt the beings who had hurt their galaxy so badly, killed their friends, their families. He could feel the jubilation of the crowd around him, and it was making him dizzy.

"Thanks... but ..." he muttered faintly, as a woman's face broke free of the crowd and approached him. At first he thought she was Jaina, but Jaina was off somewhere throwing a temper tantrum of goddessly porportions at the moment. The woman smiled at him, warm brown eyes shining. "Good job out there, Durron," she said, and then disappeared into the crowd again.

All thoughts of Jaina, Wedge, trouble and even Vong flew from his mind. Stars, that woman was beautiful, even with her hair flying out of her ponytail, sticking every which way after she removed her helmet. She was obviously a Rogue, he'd know if a woman with those looks, that voice was in his squadron. And she thought he was a hero. "Good job out there, Durron," she'd said. Kyp walked over to his X-wing, smiling. Jaina might think he was an evil brutal man, but this woman at least thought he was important.

He took the toolbox out of the compartment in the cockpit of his X-wing, digging for the hydrospanner. It looked like there might be some loose parts on the hull, that would never do ...

~*~

Several hours later, covered in grease and grime but feeling invigorated, Kyp Durron put the toolbox back in its compartment. Most of the other pilots had left, gone off somewhere to drink or sleep, leaving the rest of the work to the mechanics or droids. Kyp didn't like the idea of anyone else touching his X-wing. Skywalker's X-wing had been sabotaged enough times to make him wary. Enough people had reason to hate him. Even more now, he supposed in a detatched manner.

He started to leave, looking around to see what other pilots had stayed. He'd be sure to praise all the members of the Dozen who did. It showed their dedication and -

There she was again. That beautiful, brown haired woman was there, working on her X-wing. She had her back to him, standing on the ladder and leaning in to her X-wing, putting her own toolkit away. Before he could lose his nerve, he walked

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    [face_laugh] That was just . . . cute. ;) I have no other words to describe it. *giggles* Ah, infatuation. Instant infatuation. Kyp should know better. But wait . . . it's Kyp! :p

Nice job, TSM! :D

First reply! :cool:

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LMAO!!!!! [face_laugh] Too funny, TSM!

4. ThePodSquad

ThePodSquad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    Tess, in one word, brilliant ;)

*claps for TSM* Simply marvelous darling! :D

Hannah

5. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    heeheehee...slapping Kyp..it's like a natural instinct, no?

-JSD

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Nice start......now what? More?? I'd like to see more of this, please???!! :) It's so cute seeing him on the back foot...

7. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    *sags with releif* Oh thank the force. I had nightmares, TSM. Major nightmares.

Stupid Kyp, he told himself harshly, You can never be a hero. Just Kyp Durron, mass murderer

Did he or did he not just trick people into killing innocents? :p You had to know I'd find something about that line.

Well, I'm off to eat breakfast.

~Inyri

8. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    I think she likes me. [face_laugh] That is excellent! And here i was kinda agreeing with Inyri that it may be a disaster waiting to happen, but that was stupendous!

~*~The Queen~*~

9. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *howls*

*father has come into room to see if I'm all right*

~Rogue

10. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    *laughs helplessly*

Oh, Oh my!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I loved it TSM!!!!

:D

Beautiful!!!

I haven't read that one either though so don't worry. :p ;)

11. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    *Scratches head*

Hmm, I think I see a running theme going on here...

:p

Brillant TSM. Perfect even. Certainly didn't expect the ending, but then again, I should of, knowing Inyri. And Kyp falling head over heals for a girl... if only the official authors would do it... :(

12. starwbabe

starwbabe Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    ha ha this is cute; keep it up!

Lindsay

13. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Inyri Forge and Kyp Durron ? :eek: That's a pairing I'd never seen before. I like this. Please continue, Standmaiden :D

~aeryn

14. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Classic!

Now update Shadow Legacy. :p

15. starwbabe

Oct 20, 2002
    LOL. Demanding, aren't we?

16. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    No, impatient. :p

17. starwbabe

Oct 20, 2002
    hah. impatience is the path to the dark side. first comes impatience, then comes annoyance...you get the pic...

18. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Then comes musical UPs, I know. :p

19. starwbabe

Oct 20, 2002
    Can't wait to hear it! ;)

//standing ovation///

20. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    lol. That was funny! She likes me! Where did he get that idea? lol. Stupid Kyp! :D

21. starwbabe

Oct 20, 2002
    Postie?

Oh well.

Up!

22. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    She'd slapped him.

I think she likes me.

I like that line but the story's funny

23. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    after Kyp tricks the NR into killing a bunch of baby Vong by telling Wedge they're a superweapon. good summary for someone who hasn't read the book :p

the images of a beautiful, angry girl dancing in his mind, telling him that she wished him dead. Stupid Kyp, he told himself harshly, You can never be a hero. Just Kyp Durron, mass murderer, for ever and ever and ever and - Poor Kyp... :_| nothing ever works out for him :_| and he knows it! it's so :_| worthy!

Oh great, were they going to lynch him, right there in the hangar bay? ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!! of course they will, Kyp :p keep up that pessimism, man :p

wondering if he could outrun them to an escape pod or something *dies laughing*

He could feel the jubilation of the crowd around him, and it was making him dizzy. Figures! happyness makes him dizzy... it just figures... dizzy in a good way, or in a bad way? I'm betting bad...

goddessly porportions *snickers*

Jaina might think he was an evil brutal man, but this woman at least thought he was important. Why Kyp! Are you looking on the 'bright side' of something!? *shakes head disapprovingly* :p

Kyp felt like a lovesick teenager. after this, Kyp, I think you are...

"You ... you ..." she sputtered angrily, "You stupid nerf!" good choice Inyri... always slap Kyp. Always.

She'd slapped him.

I think she likes me.
    *slaps her forehead* Kyp... you are impossible!

Excellent, TSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    LOL TSM!!!

What in the world made you think of THIS pairing?! [face_laugh] :eek:

Granted it isnt your weirdest one 8-}

Impulsive, eh? Me thinks he was a bit intoxicated is more like it. ::giggles::: ;) 8-}

Cute nonetheless, dear. It was interesting.

::Windstar Out::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.