main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends She, Nemesis (AU, Obi/OC/Siri Pre-TPM) SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT 7 June 2005

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tinuviel_Jyana, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    TITLE: She, Nemesis
    BY: Tinuviel_Jyana
    GENRE: AU Fic - Drama, Romance
    TIME: Although the Prologue is set after Revenge of the Sith, the main story is 2-3 years before The Phantom Menace
    CHARACTERS: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jae Thera (OC), Siri Tachi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu, Adi Gallia, etc.

PROLOGUE

When I write the story of my life, there are some things I would very much wish to omit. There are details that have long died with the Jedi, fallen down with the Temple itself. It would surprise you to know, Luke how you shouldn't even have been born had your father adheered to the code. How I myself had perhaps pushed him too far. How there are some elements of the past which cannot be erased, and can very easily come back to haunt you.

Your father's turn to the Dark Side no one knew would happen. He was the "Chosen One", supposed to be the one to bring balance to the Force as opposed to tipping the scales.

But she had told me that in order for there to be balance, the Light and the Dark needed to co-exist on equal planes, needed to work together. That there must be some shades of gray. I didn't want to believe her then, and I sure as hell don't want to believe her now.

She called me a self-righteous prick before she left. Because I had condemned my apprentice forcrimes I had committed as well at his age. I told her that they were mistakes.

She told me that I was a fool.

And now she's gone. Now I realize I was just that. A fool. A simple self-righteous fool. Trading love for the Code was the wrong decision.

Perhaps you will learn from my mistakes.

~ Obi-Wan Kenobi

2. Maeve

Maeve Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    An interesting start. I am awaiting to read what this entails.

3. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Very intriguing! Am looking forward to reading more of what Obi-Wan has chosen to tell Luke! :)

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Another one here quite intrigued. :)

5. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    I'm intrigued also. :)

6. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    I'm happy that i have intrigued y'all. Currently working on the first post. The letter to luke is more of a flash-foward instead of a flash-back (plotting those too)... be prepared :)

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Cool. This is my first time reading Before the Saga stuff, and you've pulled me in! Can't wait to see where this leads!

8. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Wow, great start! More soon!

9. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    upping while i stew and brew for your next post. hopefully sometime this weekend... at least by monday. promise!

10. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    PART ONE

Meditation was his punishment for the day. It wasn't as if he had done anything wrong, it was more it wasn't want he wanted to do. He would so much prefer sparring with the other padawans. Particularly Jae Thera...

"Yet again, defeated, Master Kenobi," she said in her mock childish voice to the boy that was underneath her boot. "You keep thinking you can beat me, but I keep needing to put you in your place."

"I can beat you!" the young Obi-Wan pleaded.

"With your whining, pleading and complaining, it's amazing you're still here, Master Kenobi."

"Stop calling me that in that tone!"

"Until you show yourself to be worthy to be talked to as a person, I'll do what I please and call you as I please."

Tears whelled up in his eyes. Her words cut to the core.

"Aww, you're going to cry and run off to Master Yoda again aren't you. Oh please let the masters punish me again. I enjoy every minute of it!" She removed her foot from his chest and her hazel eyes peered at him. "You are a disgrace, Master Kenobi, a true disgrace. No Master would want you for their padawan."

"And what of you?"

"It matters little to me. It means everything to you. But you'll never get it. You're not good enough. You keep getting beaten beyond fairly by a girl."

Obi-Wan was livid. She was back. She was the personal padawan of Master Mace Windu and she had tormented him so much before they had become padawans of direct masters. He wanted to prove to her that he was no longer the weakling she had thought he was back then, that he was being well trained by his Master Qui-Gon Jinn. But his master had seen right through it.

So meditation was his punishment for the day. He would have to sit and wait for his revenge. If she could only see him now, she would mock him til Jabba the Hutt went on a diet...

But he had not seen Jae yet since she had come back. She had seen him, but did not recognize him. He would probably not recognize her.

For how could he hate one so beautiful...

if the rumors of the Temple were true...

11. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    she would mock him til Jabba the Hutt went on a diet - ROTFL! It seems like young Obi-Wan does not hate her as much as he thinks he does. I wonder if the attaction will be mutual when they next meet. Can't wait to find out! :)

12. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Ah Hah! So it appears Obi-Wan may have been in Love but traded it for the code, so was he jealous that Lukes Father found and took love while he found love and took the code? ummmm
    She's back and he's trying to hate her
    Interesting

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Great start! More soon!

14. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    Sabe - just wait ;)

Gkil- glad to intrigue you, life is certainly complicated, is it not?

AJK- thanks, more will come. :)

to all - sorry for the semi-long hiatus... after starting work on this story, my computer access was slightly stolen from me at work, as well as i got distracted by real life... which honestly i cannot call "Darth Real Life" because it's not a bad thing... it's a good thing. (new bfs are always good things)... anyways, I have finally found my plot bunny and have started brewing more indepth ideas for the story. there will be a new post later today... and hopefully at least one a week for your reading pleasure.
    -TJ

15. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    PART TWO

They were known by many in those days and later as the twins. They were only really known to those that were elder and knew all of such things. They were identical in everyway, but it was Jae Thera who had made a reputation among the youngers for herself. She was perhaps the one of the two with the strongest personality. She had gained many admirers and cared for none, and many enemies who were simply jealous of her superiority. Her sister, Siri Tachi, thought her stronger, elder by a few minutes, sister just needed to be broken. But would anyone ever be allowed to get that close.

Siri had always had a thing for this one Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, but she never dreamed of acting on it. So therefore Jae had taken to taunting the boy while her sister sat in the shadows seething with disgust. As with many of their peers, the twins were never seen together, and Jae would?ve sooner died then allowed Obi-Wan to know of her far too passive sister.

Siri had hoped that being Mace Windu?s personal padawan, Jae would?ve calmed won, but in turn it had only made her more arrogant. She walked around everywhere as if she owned the place, and she could not be content until she proved to all of the men of their age and perhaps a couple years older as well, that she was the superior fighter among other things.

Adi Gallia, Siri?s Master, had announced that her sister?s return to the Temple had created a tremor in the Force that she feared for her safety. But Siri knew only one thing, Obi-Wan would want revenge with her sister for the torment that she had caused him in the past.

But what he didn?t realize; there were two.

<< ~ TBC ~ >>

16. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    This is really getting interesting, TJ! You're painting a very fascinating picture of this relationship between Obi-Wan and Jae that I'm looking forward to reading more about. More please. :)

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Playing catch up... :D

Part one: Hmmm, can't say I like this bullying girl from his past. Though, depending on their ages, it could be the old "I like you and I'll show you by hitting you!" Children! LOL Ahhh, so that's why meditation... it was a punishment, or at least a bit of diverson. LOL.

Part Two: Fascinating... Jae is Siri sister... twin sister. Now that could cause all sorts of trouble in the Temple... though it ddoes appear one has much more darkside tendencies than the other. I'll have to wait to read more to find out. :)

18. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Hmmm, Jae must have quite worrying darkside tendencies if they have given Adi cause to warn Siri about her return. Looking forward to seeing how Obi-Wan reacts!

19. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Poor Siri
    To be caught in the middle,
    hope she can talk to Obi tell him how she feels.

20. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    My readers,

I apologize for my neglecting of my story but my muse and plot bunnies just have not been helping me very well lately. I think I am going to officially put my story on hiatus or something of that sort for the time being. I'm not certain if I will revisit it or not - I'm not even certain if my story idea was even very good. So although I've been breaking as it is, I thought I'd officially announce the break from the story.

If I do decide to continue with this story or begin a new one (unlikely) I will post here and send y'all a PM and let you know.

Again I apologize. I feel as if I am notorious for starting a story and never finishing. Perhaps after some time and meditation ;)... I will get back to it. I will be around on the boards reading other's work... against with I tend to feel inadequate... so I won't be gone. But I won't be writing this until I am satisfied with it... and as of right now, I'm not.

Until then, adieu.

TJ

21. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    TJ - I know you are busy at the moment but you should not give up on this. It is a brilliant idea! You should keep going with it! :)

22. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    Thanks, Sabe, I'm not totally giving up on it... I'm just having a hard time pursuing it. Perhaps I will in a month or so... or whenever the muse hits me again. Thanks for your encouragement. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.