main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga She Wants Revenge- OC Dueling Circle Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Maulested, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maulested

Maulested Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    This is my response to the_wandering_shadow's challenge in the OC Dueling Circle post. "An OC is accused of a crime, falsely or otherwise." As some people had wanted to know more about the background of the first story I wrote for the previous challenge, I wrote a prologue for this one.

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think. And sorry for any grammatical and spelling errors. I have a BA in English. I should know better and my $2,000 laptop should come with MS Word... *sigh*

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away sometime during the Clone Wars...

It is a time for the fulfiling of prophecies, a time for a new generation of the Jedi and the Sith. With the maturation of Darth Maul , the young Sith apprentice who defeated one Jedi and nearly killed another, comes a new threat from the Dark Side. The Jedi have strengthened their legions with two of the most powerful young people the order has ever known, Anakin Skywalker and Pernilla Antilles, gifted with the Force and with a strong power of telepathy.

Anakin is hailed as the Chosen One, the one who would bring balance to the Force. His closest friend Pernilla is meant to fulfill the prophecy of the Force Union, a powerful bond forged between two Force sensitive people that allows each member of the pairing to use the others' Force powers as well as to combine their Force energies as one. The limitless potential of such a union and her unique talents makes Pernilla the Jedi's most valuable and most dangerous asset.

Pernilla faces threats from many, including the Bothans, the Antilles family who once held her captive as a slave and the Jedi Dax Fyrestar. She is also targeted by the Sith. On the ice planet Garapin she faces her biggest threat yet, the fiery Darth Maul. Neither Pernilla nor Maul are able to defeat each other and an inexplicable attraction to the Jedi pushed him to rescue her after she is betrayed by Dax Fyrestar and left for dead on Garapin.

After crash landing on the planet Lamare, Maul and Pernilla discover that they have more in common than a desire to kill each other. A strange Jedi hermit discovers the pair and with his help, Pernilla realizes that her once enemy is her intended partner in the Force Union. With the hermit's help, they create the Force Union bond. But there is more to their attraction than the Force and Maul and Pernilla marry before returning to Coruscant.

Their marriage is rewarding, yet difficult and both partners must carefully hide their relationship. As tension builds during the Clone Wars, secrets are revealed. Pernilla discovers that Supreme Chancellor Palpatine is her father and her husband's master and Maul struggles to regain his autonomous identity as Orin Inanna Khamier, the name he was given before his birth into darkness as his life focus changes from his master to his wife.

Pernilla is drawn closer to her enemies and will face Dax Fyrestar and her terrible feelings of darkness for one more time...

2. Maulested

Jul 10, 2005
    She Wants Revenge

"The decision is in and I won't break/ You cut and you run with our lives at stake/ Well someone might get hurt and it won't be me/ The decision is in there will be no fight/ It might sound cold but I know it's right/ 'Cause someone must get hurt and it won't be me"
    - 'Someone Must Get Hurt,' She Wants Revenge (getting into oquidan's ipod mix mood : )

"Pernilla Antilles, you are under arrest for the murder of Dax Fyrestar."

It was a woman's voice, Aayla Secura. Pernilla stood up to face the Twi'Lek woman. Muscles tensed. Cold blue eyed stare met cold blue eyed stare. They were exactly the same height. They were both strikingly beautiful. And they had wanted to fight each other for a very long time.

"Give me your lightsaber." Make my day, Secura thought, obvious enough for the telepathic Pernilla to understand.

Pernilla handed her weapon to the other Jedi with a sneer.

"I wouldn't need it to kill you."

At this point of time, there was no point in politeness, no need to pretend to like Secura who never seemed to understand the definition of modesty and who was threatened by Pernilla's own un-Jedi like sense in fashion. Secura stepped back. She had seen the security tapes. She had seen Pernilla kill Dax. The small woman was a rancor, vicious, angry... deadly. Certainly nothing like the Jedi she was supposed to be. Was it the dark side? Secura motioned her security consorts foward and Pernilla offered them her wrists. With Pernilla, who could tell?

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine was about to step onto his levitating daisis and address the Senate when one of his aides grabbed his sleeve. What was this interruption? He freed his arm gruffly. He would fire this girl, she was troublesome. It was so hard to find good help these days.

"What do you want girl? Make it fast."

His sneer turned to a scowl as she whispered secretly into his ear.

"They've what? This is an outrage!"

The Chancellor stormed out of the Senate chamber.

"What was that all about?" another aide asked the girl.

"His friend, the Jedi was just arrested for murder."

"What?"

Shock was the order of the day. What was she thinking? Palpatine thought as he searched frantically for his skycar outside the Senate chambers. She's smarter than that. No daughter of mine... He didn't have time to waste. He hailed a skycab and sped off towards the Krafee Security and Detention Center, home of the Republic's security forces and high level criminals.

Mace Windu looked at me like I'd just sold him to a band of ravenous Jawas. I ran my hands through my toussled hair. The interrogations had gone on for hours, but this one was the worst. How do I tell my master that I have no regrets, that Dax deserved to die? I've never told him about the betrayal, about how Dax left me on Garapin to die. I have too many secrets.

"Master, I don't know what else to say. You've seen the security holos! He attacked me and I killed him! Read my thoughts! I'll open my mind to you. I'm not hiding anything!"

"You were efficient in protecting yourself, yes and he did visciously attack you. But I'm not sure I like what I'm sensing from you. You're terribly angry Pernilla. I sense a darkness behind your eyes."

"Allright, Master I need to tell you the truth about Dax. I've never told anyone this before, but Dax betrayed me. On Garapin... he left me there to die. It was his intention that the Sith would kill me, and if he did not he had rigged the station with enough explosives to finish me off. But the problem was that he didn't kill me and I was on to Dax and his plan. And when he saw me walk into the Council chambers alive and well, he became paranoid and he's been harassing me ever since. He was so sure I was going to kill him that he came up with countless plans to kill me. This was not his first attempt on my life."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I did! I told you about him after the incident with Senator Teil!" I stopped to let out a long breath. Getting ang

3. Maulested

Jul 10, 2005
    I inadvertantly crashed my speeder into a SIL-80 cleaning unit, sending shredded paper flying through a busy Coruscant walkway and stopping just where I wanted to land, under a small unused alcove of the detention center. I was running out of time. I struggled with the jacket's zipper and I cursed my clumsy hands while wishing for a less... memorable countenance. Not that I couldn't make people forget about me, I just didn't have the time. I hid my light saber under my jacket and watched the back of the detention center for an errant employee who could supply me with a pass into the building. Breaking in was not an option for the heavily monitored prison. An overweight man stepped out of a corridor and lit some sort of smoking device. I stepped up to him.
    "You want to give me your ID badge and pass keys."

"I want to give you my ID badge and pass keys."

It was so easy. I knocked him out for good measure and headed inside. Oh Pernilla, my Pernilla where are you? I closed my eyes and concentrated. She was asleep in cell block 1331-H. I followed the Force as it guided me to her, running right, right, left, straight, right, straight, left. My light athletic shoes barely made a sound on the ferrocrete floor and I understood why Pernilla preferred them to clumsy Jedi boots. I ran straight past her and she bolted up from her uncomfortable perch on the edge of a ferrocrete bench built into the wall of the cell.

"Orin!" She yelled in a whisper and I turned back. "Its about time you came!"

I took a small device out of my pocket and began working to release the shield that separated me from my wife. She continued, frazzled and cranky.

"I would think you would have come sooner after you'd seen what had happened to me so you could cart me away seeing I'm apparently not fit to be a Jedi anymore and I'm just waiting to face the Council with their sabers drawn and I will certainly die at their hands or the Bothans or the Antilles'! Take me home... to the Sith! Take me back to the Infiltrator! Take me back to my father! Get me out of here!"

"Pernilla, shut up!" I pressed a button and the shield melted away. She snapped out of her tantrum as the shield snap-hissed away, looking like a chastized child. I hugged her close and hertension disappeared in my arms.

"I'm sorry, Orin. I didn't mean to yell. But I... I finally killed him and the darkness... It came over me and I couldn't fight it and I just gave in."

"Don't be sorry Pernilla. Dax was a monster. When you were a child he did things to you that were an abomination, and once he'd started he never stopped, even when you were an adult and a damn powerful Jedi at that. He should have known better. He deserved to die and I would have killed him a long time ago if I hadn't wanted you to make your own peace with him. So don't ever be sorry."

I knew she didn't have second thoughts about killing Dax. She was afraid of the darkness, the nameless voices she heard at night, the legacy of her father. What her mother had seen in her father's eyes, and my mother had seen in his eyes the same as every other person he had killed.

"Pernilla, I can't stay and I can't take you with me," she nodded in understanding. "I came here to tell you something terrible. It's Sidious, your father. He's gone to the Council."

"What!" Pernilla's golden tan blanched into a calmy white and she grabbed my forearms, her nails threatening to draw blood through the cloth of my jacket.

"He's gone crazy over this. He's got his top level agents working on the case, it's all over the news and now he's gone to the Jedi Council to argue for your release. And I'm assuming that that argument is going to hinge on paternity... He's spreading the news to anyone with an open ear... so be prepared. I'm sorry, Pernilla. He's let your secret out. I just wanted to tell you before... You saw it on the holonet or had to confront the Council."

I heard her exhale and she leaned against the wall of her cell, trying to push back tears. I closed my eyes and opened myself to our bond co

4. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
  5. Maulested

Jul 10, 2005
    thanks! : )

6. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    This is a really cool story. I like the multiple points of view you have going. Great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.