main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sheath, Jedi teachings???

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Master-Omaj-Kadub, Jul 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Don't worry on the how, worry on the..er... YOU ASK TOO MANY QUESTIONS!

:p

;)

2. sethworld

sethworld Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    One must seek knowledge to advance in life...the best way to do this is to ask questions and question everything.

3. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    M'kay. :) We'll get along because we will. That answer your question? :D

4. sethworld

Apr 21, 2001
    For now...

5. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Good.. :)

[face_plain]

Have a cookie. :D

6. sethworld

Apr 21, 2001
    What kind?

7. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    There's a whole bunch actually. i got them from Master Omaj's secret stash. If he asks.. you never heard of me, m'kay? :)

What kind would you like?

8. sethworld

Apr 21, 2001
    Oatmeal raisin

9. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    Greetings Nord and Sethworld,

In the absence of my master, I shall share with you some teachings he has passed down to me...

Here is what I lay before YOU...

Which is the true nature of the force?

-The force will pre-determine your destiny

-One uses the force as guidance to go down the path that is best for the person

Does the force control us? Or does it only nudge us in the direction it wishes us to follow?

Does the force bind us together? Or do we bind ourselves by means of the knowledge the force gives us?

10. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    hmmm... I would think the force nudges us, because greed and other stuff can send you to the dark side of the force, and then the force will control you.

:)

11. BOOSTERERRANT

Dec 16, 2000
    Padawan 716,

It is good that you think of greed and the dangers of the Darkside as a razor edge, dangerous and better to keep away from.

Another question I have for you to meditate on...

If you believe that the force influences your decisions, but doesn't make them for you, would you be able to diffirenciate the two opposite voices of the force??

-the darkside speaks lies, but can mask them into partially truthful statements....beware.

12. sethworld

Apr 21, 2001
    The force advises, but doesn't control or "nudge". If one listens to the force, one get new insight on a situation.

13. The_Grey_and_White

The_Grey_and_White Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2001
    (In walks an old, white-haired man, with a long beard, and gray cloak and hood, leaning on a staff as he comes.)
    Though it is summer, it is cold here, and my joints are not what they used to be. May I sit by your fire?
    (Sits down on a rock by the fire, with staff in his lap, raises hands towards fire.)

14. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Glad to see that Master-Omaj-Kadub has not abandoned the Republic (though I wouldn't say the FanForce Sector is a backwater sector :p But it's peaceful, and that's all that matters :) )

Let me now ask a question to those of you who seek enlightenment. If the Force itself is compared to a razor, what measures do you take to avoid being cut by the edge (ie the Dark Side) ? Dost thou choose to shield your own feet, or dost thou choose to blunt the edge, or dost thou rather choose not to walk on the razor's edge and seek another path ?

15. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    <slips cookie over to Sethworld when no one is looking>

Which is the true nature of the force?

-The force will pre-determine your destiny
    [I wouldn't think so-- it can barely determine its own future let alone the future of others. :) ]

-One uses the force as guidance to go down the path that is best for the person
    [Most likely]

Does the force control us? Or does it only nudge us in the direction it wishes us to follow?
    [Both]
    Does the force bind us together? Or do we bind ourselves by means of the knowledge the force gives us? [It binds us together--even without knowledge of the force, many are drawn to each other through the force--as is its will]

If you believe that the force influences your decisions, but doesn't make them for you, would you be able to diffirenciate the two opposite voices of the force??
    [At times... other times, mayhaps not]

-the darkside speaks lies, but can mask them into partially truthful statements .... beware. [ ;) ]

Let me now ask a question to those of you who seek enlightenment. If the Force itself is compared to a razor, what measures do you take to avoid being cut by the edge (ie the Dark Side) ? Dost thou choose to shield your own feet, [ha! Sheild.. :) ] or dost thou choose to blunt the edge, or dost thou rather choose not to walk on the razor's edge and seek another path [der.] ?

[Throw that frelling razor out if it's going to cut you!! That would hurt! ;) ]

Good morning ALL!!!!!!!!!! :D :p

16. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    -walks back through forrest to rejoin the camp...the fires has began to smolder as the sun starts to come up over the horizon-

Discussion in its true form...
    The Force in its true nature...
    Like a razor the Force can unleash almost unlimited damage; even if some of the damage can be repaired....

But why cause any damage at all...
    Were the powers and responsibilities too much to bare????

A razor is a simple and eligant tool, but if you cut yourself was it because you were clumbsy????
    Or was it because the razor was too sharpe???
    Or could it be that the master of the razor has yet to perfect its beauty?????

We are trained to use the Force so that there are no mistakes;
    The difference is that some are trained to use it for darkness and some for good...

-prepares tea for the many guest-

17. BOOSTERERRANT

Dec 16, 2000
    Master Kadub,

I have a question for you....

In the case of the Yuuzhan Vong, are they a part of the force somehow?? Or not part of it at all...

Do they have devices that block the force, similar to ysalamari? Or do they simply not exist within the force??

18. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    What if they are denying the Force or have been for so long that it simply abandoned them?

When a creation becomes out of the maker's control or liking, does the maker not abandon it?

19. Yun-Yuuzhan01

Yun-Yuuzhan01 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2001
    I'm a Yuuzhan Vong, I exist in the Force.... somehow.

20. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Dec 22, 2000
    I believe you are refering to the inability for Jedi to detect the Vong in the state of the Force most Jedi are intuned with????

In that manner, they are not...
    But all life and beings exist on some level of the Force....

It is like you are alive and there are spirits that are alive, but you do not see the spirits but you sometimes feel them...
    That is if you are conscious of them....
    But they do exist in a state of life...

Jedi Jacen Solo, begin to detect the Vong in a different state of the force later within the conflict against them....
    I believe some of the other Jedi were coming into tune with this same state, but were not aware yet of what it was....
    They were still gaining insight into this...

It is interesting that you bring that up, young apprentice...
    Good, question...

21. BOOSTERERRANT

Dec 16, 2000
    Welcome Yun-Yuuzhan,

Have a seat. Have a cookie.

yes i know you have them!! lol

22. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Ummm...Kudos to you! Mayhaps it is because you are sensible. :)

23. BOOSTERERRANT

Dec 16, 2000
    Master Kadub,

I'm curious...who trained YOU in the ways of the force?

Also, I believe that the Vong will be defeated soon. Luke Skywalker hasn't even lifted a finger lol.

24. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Dec 22, 2000
    It is still very early and much to be discussed....

I will prepare vegatable broth for strength, and to warm the blood....

25. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Who trained the very first Jedi?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.