main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Shelf Of I Couldn't Care Less

Discussion in 'Community' started by SuperWatto, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    is it because they stole your idea? admit it. arlon is pandora

2. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    No, not even close

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    No, but most actual STEM people I know like it.

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Ooo ooo, I have not seen Battlestar Galactica...and I don't care! Muahaha. Also, Firefly.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I like TV, so if something is getting a lot of buzz (among my age group and on the internet), I must at least try it at some point. Holding off usually ended up being a mistake.

6. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I find that this gif reflects how I feel about opening this thread:

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Everything James Cameron has done after The Abyss. Yes that does include Terminator 2.

Inception. I admire it on a technical level, but the story just leaves me cold.

The Artist. Should have been called "One Trick Pony: The Movie."

The Walking Dead. Loved the pilot, the rest was a slog.

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Again, great pilot, but then it quickly descended into blatant ego masturbation.

8. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Community I was introduced to Thursday. Department thing, so I watched the last two episodes of the last season and the first of this season. Fairly underwhelmed, although there seemed to be one or two good snappy lines.
    Walking Dead seen a couple episodes, just not my sort of show
    Game of Thrones I've seen most of first season. Good show, but not enough that I've tried to seek it out since then at a friend's place
    BBT I like... I think it's gotten weaker as it's become a bit more generic, but overall still one of the shows currently running I like most

9. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Both.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My wife convinced me to watch Downton Abbey after 2 seasons of my reviling her for watching it. She won my attention by telling me that one of the daughters married an Irish bloke with fealty to Sinn Féin. That, alone, got me to sit and view a few episodes until I gathered that he is a poorly written, whiny lad and his wife thusly died.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  11. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    you people are all doing it wrong. its stuff you HAVENT seen and never intend to see, not **** you saw (because you have no willpower in the face of peer pressure) and were underwhelmed by

LOST, for instance, **** that noise

Arawn_Fenn and SuperWatto like this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I hated LOST for its entire duration without subjecting myself to a single episode. Also, Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men, you lemmings.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I watched part of one episode of Lost, muttered "WTF is this ****?" and turned it off.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  14. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    boardwalk empire is p legit. mad men is kinda not my thing somehow i dunno, i cant get into it. ive tried tho so it does not count for the PoTT

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Not sure. I actually do believe both shows probably have a great amount of quality. My stance against both is based solely on my desperation to seem set apart and above things.

V-2 and SuperWatto like this.
  16. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Props for your self deprication, but really they're just glorified soap operas.

17. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    you're a glorified soap opera. the senate is a glorified soap opera

or i dunno maybe we should be watching tv shows about, like, ****** shapes and colors, moving across the screen in sequences corresponding to important mathematical formulae?

18. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    you know what else? LIFE is a glorified soap opera. deal with it.

19. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I've never seen Community or Big Bang Theory, but I can tell you after reading three GOT novels and watching one season on Blu-Ray that the whole enterprise is wildly overrated.

20. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    All of TV is wildly overrated.

21. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    your mom is wildly overrated

HEYOOOOOOOOoooOOOoOOooooooOOOOOooooOOOOOOooooo

22. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    It's alright for kids.

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    That is literally all of television, if you want to get technical about it. :p

24. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    this is actually kind of a golden age of television i think. there's just so much being done with the medium that can't be done in a two hour movie. but if your thing is that you just don't like watching entertainment on screens, then cool i guess. hipsters.

jp-30, Darth Guy and V-2 like this.