main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Shelf Of I Couldn't Care Less

Discussion in 'Community' started by SuperWatto, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Oh, I'm a horrible cultural nerd. I will freely admit that.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Admitting a problem is the first step.

3. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    One step does it. I stick on the academics side of nerd more. Which is why I read books about science and history of science and math and the like, rather than like, Heinlein or such. And for tv, I really do stick to comedies or documentaries, I don't do much else tv-wise. Esp not the stuff that expects me to watch episode to episode.

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    What? No! that doesn't sound fun at all.

I confess I watch nerdy things for the reason they take me out of reality.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Lowie, you're a geek.

[​IMG]

... and if you don't care, you're cool in my book.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    No Doctor Who. Never Doctor Who.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  7. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Never bothered with Doctor Who, Mad Men, or Breaking Bad. Or Family Guy.

Took me forever to break down and watch BSG, though I have enjoyed that.

8. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    doctor why?

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh yeah...Family Guy.

Not interested in any humor raunchier than my own, thank you.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Then you'll probably want to skip the Oscars next Sunday as the creater of Family Guy is hosting it.

11. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Is it wrong for me to have a sense of pride for having not watched television in almost ten years?

Disclaimer: Netflix doesn't count. I have seen the first two seasons of The Walking Dead...because there are no commercials.

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It's not something to be proud of, since the networks that provide Netflix with TV shows very much depend on ratings (albeit measured by literal notebooks, not laptop computers, and boxes). If AMC got low numbers with The Walking Dead, for example, they'd just cancel it.

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Or yank their content from Netflix like Starz and other cable nets have done in recent years.

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Walking Dead.

I don't like zombies. :(

15. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I used to watch Family Guy, but stopped when I couldn't stand the stupid, crass things they were doing just for the sake of it. The final straw was an "Aquaman is useless" joke that involved rape, and a bit where Peter Griffin is at a Star Trek convention, and tells William Shatner his favorite episode was the one where he makes a 911 call to get help for his dead wife who drowned in their pool:mad:.

Yeah, you can see why I now avoid it like the plague.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nope. It's been several years since I watched live television myself, although not quite 10, more like 3-4.

I used to follow Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice but stopped at the tail end of grad school when work got intense.

Now I do the same thing: Netflix and Amazon Instant Video streaming. No commercials and I don't have to be in front of the TV at a certain time. Yeah, I have a DVR but I don't use it much.

17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't want to read any of the Star Wars EU novels.[face_shhh]

V-2 likes this.
  18. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Couldn't care less about Family Guy or Oscars.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I used to be that way towards Family Guy, but I guess I've warmed over to it. Also, Ted was pretty darn funny.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nope, me either. I had no intention of watching.

21. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Thought I was the one Re: Family Guy. Thought everyone universally loved that show - I can't watch more than a minute of it.

22. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I used to hate Family Guy, but I relented.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I never got into King of the Hill. I just didn't really find it all that funny which is a shame because Office Space (also by Mike Judge) was a brilliant movie.

24. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I've never bothered with Futurama.

25. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I love watching The Oscars every year & I really, really enjoy Family Guy, so I can't wait until Oscar Sunday. :D )

As for my 'couldn't care less' list:

1) Breaking Bad/The Wire

I don't doubt at all that these are fine programs with a lot of merit... I just don't feel that my life is missing out on anything buy not having seen them. Besides, some of the elements in The Wire were done already on a previous show set in Baltimore (Homicide), and one doesn't have to watch a television show to get/understand criminality & the decaying parts of a city struggling with destructive/corrupt forces.

2) The Walking Dead

I've mentioned this before, but I'm going to mention it again: I'm sick, tried & getting increasingly annoyed about how much zombies have become a trope in our modern day pop culture. The last time I watched something zombie related was Zombieland back in 2009... since then I've had no to very, very little interest in going along with the modern zombie craze (it's particularly annoying on Facebook).

3) Community

Basically how I feel about BB & The Wire is how I feel about this show... I'm sure it's funny, but my life goes on just fine without it.

4) March Madness (NCAA Division I Men's & Women's basketball tournaments)

It's impossible as a sports fan to get away from coverage of this every year, so there's a bit of 'something I love to hate' involved. Though the format here is an actual playoff system (as compared to college football), the sport itself is still an inferior brand of basketball in my humble opinion. People go on about it as if it's the greatest, most special thing in North American sports, when I simply think that's far from the truth.

5) Netfilx

I get buy watching Law & Order re-runs on USA & TNT, stuff on HBO, stuff on the Nick at Nite type of channels on cable, going to the movies once in awhile, South Park repeats, etc (and counting all the time I spend watching sports). I don't feel the need to waste money on a service that I might use every now & then.