main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Shelf Of Shame...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Harpua, Sep 2, 2012.

1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I had it like 2 nights ago

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I've eaten Mac and cheese.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I can't imagine life without mac n cheese

4. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    That is sick, I had mountains of it growing up.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Growing up? I still eat SpongeBob mac and cheese. I highly doubt I'll ever grow tired of it. Same with Velveeta's stuff.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh yes to mac&cheese. Wonderful comfort food.

and I'm sad for anybody that hasn't had it. You are so missing out!

7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Lowie, this is just so incredibly sad. I want you to go out to the grocery store and get yourself some Kraft mac and cheese. It doesn't cost much at all. You'll thank me. After you've had the Kraft, you'll want to move on to homemade mac and cheese, because it's much better... but Kraft is always good in a pinch.

!) You are a post grad student... it's unbelievable that you haven't eaten mac and cheese.
    2) You now live in the south... how have you not eaten mac and cheese yet?
    3) Frieda is right... it's a great comfort food. You need some comfort in your life, Lowie.

Juliet316 and DarthIntegral like this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How have you not had it? Were you in Cryogenic slumber most of your life? I've had it. I actually made some for lunch yesterday.

9. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Also, homemade mac and cheese is a gift from some awesome god. Cooked right, it is one of the best meals one can enjoy.

Darth_Invidious and Juliet316 like this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    My mom makes the best homemade mac and cheese. So good. I want some now.

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i haven't had mac and cheese in quite a while. i've eaten roughly a ton of it in my life though.

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I have had mac and/or cheese.

13. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I shovel a mountain of the stuff into my face on average once a month

14. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    i love mac and cheese.

15. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Can you marry mac and cheese?

16. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I may be a grad student, but I didn't come from a rich family, so I couldn't afford to go to a college away from home and manage to afford rent. And now that I have moved and am in the South, I never eat out, because I'm a grad student.

I'm also not a fan of cheese-based sauces in pasta, so to go for mac and cheese has just had no incentive. There is also that every time in the last 7 years this has come up, it gets into an argument between people if I should have Kraft mac and cheese first, or homemade mac and cheese. And that tends to deadlock it. There was more general consensus when it came to things like how I'd never had soup, pie, etc about where I should start. (I tried soup for the first time when I was 20). Or just not two divisive camps.

17. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    say, are you a grad student perchance?

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  18. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    As harpuah brought up, yes. I just don't see why that's conducive to having had mac and cheese.

19. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    i don't either, i was just making sure that you are, in fact, a grad student.

20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    No soup until the age of 20? Holy ****... like, nobody ever made you chicken noodle soup when you were sick? That's so sad. :(

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, I find it helps break up the ramen/pizza/Chinese/frozen garbage monotony sometimes. :p

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  22. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Nope. No soup or pie til I was 20, no rice til I was 18. Still have never had coffee, mac and cheese, and one or two other things. I have served as some sort of oddity since 2005 when the basic things I'd had started to come up. I think this started with cassarole, which I wasn't really sure what they were (and, with the exception of lasagne, don't think I've ever had. But I'm still not 100% on what counts as those, so there's some grey areas)

My brother apparently had a string of girlfriends yell at him when he was sick, as they'd offer to bring him chicken noodle soup when he'd be sick, then he'd say he's never had it, and then they'd start reprimanding him.

23. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    dinner for you tonight: mac and cheese, the one or two things, and a nice strong cup of coffee to finish it off.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  24. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    what the hell man

yeah i've had it

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm not reprimanding you... I just think it's sad. What did you eat when you were growing up?