main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Shelter (Qui/Obi/OC, JA) - vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Oct 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Title: Shelter
    Author: Princess_Arulmozhi
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan. a little 'un.
    Genre: Mush, fluff, Gentle humour, I hope.
    Summary: Qui-Gon encounters a pathetic lifeform.
    Notes: This part of Qui-Gon, I haven't tried yet. So I did. Hope you like. :D

Shelter

They stared at each other for a long, long moment.

One looked down his nose?and a magnificent nose it was, full of goodness and strength, if a tad broken?while the other looked up, eyes sparkling with eagerness and hope.

?No, I will not,? spoke the owner of the broken nose with great firmness.

The snub-nosed one merely looked at him mournfully, as though said broken-nose had just committed a grievous wrong, and deserved to be hanged.

?You will not look at me like that,? said broken-nose one, his characteristically rich voice dropping a timbre or two. He waved his hand absently at the other participant in the conversation. Not surprisingly, this seemed to have little effect, as his ?friend? simply looked at him with deep reproach, but did not budge.

?I suppose I knew it wouldn?t work,? Qui-Gon sighed deeply, as he dropped his right-hand?the hand, fortunately, which was not injured, and which he could still use, albeit in a restricted manner. He squirmed in his seat on the bench, trying to find a more comfortable position?as much as his fractured and bound left hand would allow. ?The Force has a way of not obeying your commands when you wish it to.?

Below him, the snub-nosed little jelwe puppy seemed to nod, his soft, long ears flapping in agreement. Then, he eased his small body a little towards the Jedi Master.

?I thought I told you not to approach me?? Qui-Gon raised one eye-brow, holding one flapping end of his robe as he did so. ?The wind?s picking up, and you may as well find some shelter, if you don?t want to be carried away by it.? He winced, as he shifted. ?And don?t expect me to help you.? He threw a careful look towards one end of the draughty hangar, where lone shuttle stood, with two or three humans milling about it. ?And you?d better move away from me, before my apprentice sees you.?

The puppy sat on its hind legs, presenting a picture of great majesty and dignity. The wind whipped about more than ever, and a sudden fit of shivering seized it.

?Told you to find a shelter, I did,? warned Qui-Gon, as he crossed one booted leg over the other. ?Offer you a haven, I cannot.? One more careful look flew to the shuttle. ?Or wither me, my apprentice will.?

The puppy bent a direful look at him.

?I daresay,? nodded Qui-Gon. ?Jedi Master I may be, but there?re limits to my powers.? He shook a finger at the puppy. ?And Obi-Wan has had more than his share of duties, negotiating with the Balens, while seeing to me too. Especially after I injured myself in a speeder accident.?

The puppy yapped.

?Foolish, do you think? So do I,? acknowledged the Master. ?Not very well done of me to break my arm and come down with a fever, to boot?but it was as the Force willed. And the Force wills that you leave me at once.?

The puppy sneezed. Its little body seemed too fragile for even this, however, and it flopped down on the ground, looking at Qui-Gon piteously.

?I?m the one to be pitied,? sighed Qui-Gon. ?I?m not at my customary level of fitness, and can do little to argue on your behalf. I would if I could... but Obi-Wan has not much patience with strays, believe me.?

A glare threatened to shrivel him up.

?None of that, now. And don?t misjudge him, please. He?s the best among the padawans, and is quite exceptional with a sabre?not that I intend to tell him this, at the moment?but I?m afraid he?s remarkably stub-er, practical, for one so young? and considering the circumstances, I couldn?t impose on him.?

A deep, throat-tearing yawn was the answer to this apologetic explanation.

?My penchant for ?pathetic life forms??no, no, I?m not referring to you, kindly don?t look at me that way?has been the cause of great hear

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhh that was wonderful fluff!! Mush for a pup...and from Obi of all people!! [face_laugh]

Loved the conversation Qui was having with the lil'un!! Great job!!! Loved it!! =D=

3. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    That was darling, P_A. I so loved your OC. :)

Foolish, do you think? So do I,? acknowledged the Master. ?Not very well done of me to break my arm and come down with a fever, to boot?but it was as the Force wills. And the Force wills that you leave me at once.?

[face_laugh] I enjoyed that part so much. He's just a sucker for hard luck cases. [face_love] Great job.

4. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Master! [:D]

This was wonderful! ~little hearts float about her head~ And what a delightful way to finish off a day of study and testing ~shudder~ than with a gret story by my masterful Master!

This was marvelous. Loved th backwards talking, I did, Yes! ~cough~ Pardon me.

I loved how Qui-Gon chatted with the little pup. It was just too cute! It was a shame that Master Jinn didn't take the little guy in. I would've loved to see what he would have done with it if he weren't in such ~giggles~ dire straights.

Obi-Wan in the end was so sweet! And he sure showed Master Jinn what's what, he did he did!

Another wonderful piece Master.

...Now if only I could find the time to finish my latest project. Dang essays...

Still ever devoted,
    Seven

5. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Awe that is just adorable!

6. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Oh, so lovely! [face_love] Qui-Gon is such a softy. And so is Obi-Wan! It was great how Qui tried to convince the puppy that Obi wasn't heartless. I wubbed it muchly!

7. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Awwww - who can resist a puppy? Especially when he comes with two very sweet Jedi.

I just adored Qui-Gon's conversation with the pup - and the little mind trick attempt. [face_laugh] Thanks for making me smile.

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Brilliant P_A. Loved the conversation that took place between Qui-Gon and the puppy. It quite remind me of the ones my hubby has with our guinea pigs... but they asnwer him as well. ;)

Loved the end, though I'm haldway wondering if that was Qui-Gon's idea in the first place. NOthing like letting someone think that something is their own idea. LOL!

9. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

I'm in fits over the fact that Qui-Gon sat there and had an entire conversation with a puppy. <grumble ... pathetic life form!>

So Obi-Wan isn't heartless?! :eek: Darn, I got it wrong all along...

Very, very adorable, Princess! [face_love]

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Lovely fluff. Loved that the dog was arguing with Qui-Gon in that puppy way that all dogs have. Loved that Obi-Wan overheard Qui-Gon about the heartless and that means that he also heard the compliments. Loved that he helped Qui-Gon up even though Qui didn't want to take him up on his offer.

Great job. Gotta love mush and fluff. :D

11. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    You've brightened my dreary day considerably. *grins*

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwwww that was so cute!!! Beautiful beautiful, Princess! Mush mush mush! How nice :D

13. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    The puppy sat on its hind legs, presenting a picture of great majesty and dignity. The wind whipped about more than ever, and a sudden fit of shivering seized it.

?Told you find a shelter, I did,? warned Qui-Gon, as he crossed one booted leg over the other. ?Offer you a haven, I cannot.? One more careful look flew to the shuttle. ?Or wither me, my apprentice will.?

[face_laugh] I don't think so!

This is so cute! [:D]

You've caught the tender side of Qui-Gon in the midst of negotiations with "another pathetic life form". [face_batting]

I can just imagine his shock when Obi-Wan shows compassion! "Who are you, and what have you done with my Padawan?" ;)

Wonderful work! [:D]

14. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    The puppy was far more intelligent then Jar-Jar, that?s for sure? ;)

I can just see the whole scene, it was so cute! The end, oh my! The fluff was wondrous! [face_love]

Not as heartless as you think indeed! ;)

Wonderfully done Princess!

=D=

15. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Awww, that was so perfect! [face_love] :D

I loved how the OC was a puppy, and the conversation Qui had with it was great! :D

A decided sparkle entered his eyes. ?You see,? he murmured, as he shifted the bundle in his left arm, and steadied Qui-Gon with his right. ?I?m not quite as heartless as you think.?

He thought he heard the words ?wretched brat?, carry through the wind to him, half-amused, and half annoyed?

?but then, that might well have been his imagination.
    [face_laugh]

Thanks for the great vigge, Princess! @};-

16. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Puppy! [face_love] Well, talking to animals really is good therapy. Easier to tell the puppy what you can't tell your padawan. [face_laugh]

17. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Awww, that was so cute! [face_love] I love how Qui-Gon was having a whole conversation with a puppy. And I love Obi-Wan at the end too. :D

18. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That was adorable. I even have the perfect pic to go with it (my new puppy- stubby tail and all)

edit: hey it worked! Meet Chewbacca age 5 months :)

19. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    [face_love] at pic - so cute, PK. :D I can so imagine Qui-Gon addressing morose remarks to him. :D

20. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    A puppy and my two favorite Jedi...
    what more could I ask for.[face_love]

I love the picture. It's sooo cutsey!

21. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Awwwwwww....!! [face_love][face_love] P_A, you've outdone yourself here. This was just adorable! I loved every minute of this, from the stubborn pup to Obi-Wan finally taking it in. [face_love] Lovely mush, and beautifully written, as usual; overall just a wonderful story! :D

Bravo, ma dear, bravo! =D=

Stormqueen

22. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Cute fic + cute pic = Awwwww... [face_love]

One question, though - wouldn't this vignette fit in with the Missions of a Maverick thread?

23. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Dunno why, but I kept thinking about Dr. Dolittle all day for some reason. [face_thinking]

So, I gave this one an up, on account of the talking to animals bit. :D

24. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    I felt the need to boot something up. 8-}

So, this being the year of the dog...well, I think it's self-explanatory. :D

25. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    Thanks for the 'up', muchly. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.