main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shenanigans--The story of AOTC onlookers--Vignette 82

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Note: THanks to Luna_Nightshade, who challenged me to write this in a conversation yesterday.
    It wasn't common for us to get last-minute reservations. It was fairly well-known that you had to be Chancellor Palpatine to get immediate reservations and even then, it wasn't a sure thing that you'd manage to kick out whoever was hiding out here.

This, apparently, was one of those special cases. Special as in it came from the Queen herself. The Queen who apparently had nothing better than to arrange clandestine trysts for somehow famous people.

If I had been the one to take the call, I'd have faked a bad signal and sent a message saying that we regrettably couldn't accomodate someone. It would have been a lie, of course, since the Duchess of Coronet had just cancelled her reservation, but we'd had enough trouble in the last week, what with the Chancellor's nephew bringing half his university fraternity to the retreat. I thought it might have been nice to have a night off with nothing to do other than getting things ready for the next guest.

Nimé, on the other hand, had a soft spot for anyone that the Queen recommended and she only got worse when the Queen explained that it was a favor for two heroes of Naboo.

Heroes my foot. If you looked at something other than his well-toned rear end and her fancy dress, they were ordinary people. "Hero of Naboo" probably meant their families had spent a lot of money on the Queen's campaign.

"You have to be the one to serve them," Nimé insisted. "I'd be so nervous I'd drop everything and I don't want to ruin that pretty dress of hers."

It seemed to be a dress that would make her ability to breathe a miracle. Spilling all over her so she would change into something decent was a temptation.

"Can't I cook?" I pleaded. "I'm not good at that sort of thing."

"You don't have to do 'that sort of thing,'" she assured me. "Just be a polite server."

In other words, if I kept my mouth shut, I should be able to keep my job.

"They're probably going to be a nightmare," I groused as Nimé headed out to welcome them.

"They're not like that," she protested after she got them seated for dinner. "One's that Queen Amidala..."

"She isn't a Queen," I scoffed. "Her terms are over."

"But she's still a Senator," the staff hero-worshipper insisted, "and he's Anakin Skywalker."

Obviously, that was supposed to mean something to me, but they had pre-ordered seven courses and that would mean I'd be running back and forth all evening while they made a heroic mess of things.

"Fine," I said grudgingly.

As was typical for these types, the man didn't even notice me. He was completely focused on the person wearing half a dress across from him, while she at least had the decency to thank me for the fruit plate I placed in front of her.

"So, when we got there," he was saying, "they went into...aggressive negotiations."

Oh, great, another self-proclaimed war hero here to brag to anyone lacking testosterone about his exploits.

"Aggressive negotiations," Senator Amidala repeated. "What are those?"

That clinched it. No person of importance should ever giggle like that. I returned to the serving station, where I could see them, but they couldn't hear me.

"I give them a week," Nimé confided.

"A week?" I repeated.

"Until they officially fall in love," she explained.

His hand moved slowly as if beckoning and a piece of the pear lifted off the plate. I would have been impressed, but I'd seen a few Jedi tricks before and he was obviously trying to impress his lady rather than be practical. He was certainly glancing up every couple of seconds to make sure she was still entertained by him.

"What makes you think it hasn't already happened?" I countered.

He certainly seemed to be completely smitten.

"They're too careful about it," Nimé, who probably had gone on two dates in her entire life, if that, explained. "If they were in love, they wouldn't care if anyone knew."

I snorted. "Who died and m

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Oh, this is so cute.

I love how they were taking bets by the end.

3. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Eeeee! I love it! I love how the narrator is so bitter about having guests come. Well-toned rear and fancy, hard-to-breathe in dress. Hah! I adore it! =D= T'is my favoritest!

4. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    "Who died and made you the marriage counselor?" This one had me LOL. Very cute seeing this scene from someone elses eyes.

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Noelie--Thanks. I like the bets thing because it suggested that the narrator was not as cynical as she seemed.

Luna_Nightshade--It's based on me at times, when I absolutely hate that people actually use our company because it interrupts my serenity for the day. Glad you liked things like the rear and dress comments.

Araxie--LOL, I loved that line, too! Thanks!

6. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    I like this. I liked that the narrator, despite her grouchiness, couldn't help but being intrigued enough by the budding relationship to engage in a bet.

fyi, though - Anakin did say 'thank you' to the girl that served him. She probably didn't hear him, intent as she was on her un-hospitable thoughts. :p

One thing's for sure, I'll never watch that scene the same way, ever again! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.